PDA

View Full Version : 3 3/4" Black Series Wave 4: Dagobah Luke, Yoda, Snowtrooper, Toryn, Bastila, Dak

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-09-2013, 09:42 PM
Earlier rumors were just confirmed at the New York Comic Con preview party - wave 4 consists of Dagobah Luke, Dagobah Yoda, Toryn Farr, Snowspeeder Pilot Wedge, Snowtrooper Commander, and ROTS Darth Vader. Thankfully, almost every figure looks to be made of completely new parts, though Wedge looks like he's based on Snowspeeder Luke, and Toryn might use some Hoth Leia pieces. Aside from Luke's ginormous backpack and the fact that I was hoping for a crispy Anakin over an armored Vader, these all look most impressive. Yoda in particular looks to be a huge step forward from previous releases.

SirSteve's coverage includes the figures starting on this page (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/g6571-hasbro-page2.html). JediTempleArchives (https://www.facebook.com/jeditemplearchives?hc_location=stream) and Star Wars Action News (https://www.facebook.com/SWActionNews) posted photos on their Facebook feeds as well.

El Chuxter
10-09-2013, 10:10 PM
I'm happy about Torryn, and Yoda looks amazing.

What makes this Snowtrooper a commander?

indyjones1981
10-09-2013, 11:30 PM
I'm happy about Torryn, and Yoda looks amazing.

The 2 red/2blue bars on the chest plate/armour make it a commander.

Here is a link of a movie still of him next to General Veers

http://myscififan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=armoredcostumes&action=display&thread=1348

Beast
10-09-2013, 11:34 PM
He's the Snowtrooper in the AT-AT that Veers issues the "Debark for Ground Assault" command.

The facemask is ridged rather than the vinyl-like ones of the basic troopers.

His armor also features a few differences. Such as the rank insignia and a different chest area details.

Plus he had slightly different fore-arm armor and no backpack of course. That's for grunts. ;)

http://www.therpf.com/f24/snowtrooper-commander-costume-de-construction-27627/

That above link details one of the Commander costumes differences.

Though the one in the AT-AT also had some additional pieces on each side of his helmet area. That doesn't appear on the figure. But it could be based on these images of the costume on the regular Hoth set rather than the costume or later refinements they added when filming the AT-AT head scenes.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/RoCKo_1975/ESB-SnowCom94.jpg

JediTricks
10-10-2013, 12:47 AM
The Commander's shoulderpads are also upside-down compared to the grunts.

Yoda I think is a 3D output, it looks very good but that'd explain the weirdness of the lines where there shouldn't be any, and how soft some of the features are yet still have cohesion. Hopefully the production model is as good a sculpt (with the rough stuff worked out) and has a good deco.

Are those vines attached to Luke's holster? Or are they runners or something? That's weird. The figure itself looks very nice, I think I can see trading up to that.

Toryn Farr, that's impressive and the likeness is good too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2013, 02:54 PM
The 2003 "Saga" Snowtrooper figure was also a commander, actually. The smooth appearance of the helmet on the new release is better.

I like that Vader's chain is finally just sculpted to his chest armor. He looks a little lanky, but I'm assuming the pieces will fit together better in production. Now that we have super-articulated versions of his ROTS and ANH looks, we really need an overhaul of the Evolutions set for new ESB and ROTJ figures.

Luke appears to have straps coming from the holster - presumably he unclips the fastener that holds the blaster in place, though I don't remember offhand. The official Hasbro photography shows interchangeable hands for Force-using and, possibly, handstands. The 2004 OTC Dagobah Luke is still one of the only human figures with swappable body parts, so I'm glad they're updating the idea here.

And in the official photography, it looks like some of the articulation has been photoshopped away - check out Toryn Farr's elbows. That's weird.

Beast
10-10-2013, 06:48 PM
The Saga version had the rank insignia. But the other details were not consistent with the Commander.

Snowtrooper
10-10-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm lookin forward to the snowtrooper cmdr and Toryn Farr. I hope the joints on Dagoboah Luke turn out better on the final product

bigbarada
10-10-2013, 10:36 PM
Did Hasbro carry these prototypes to the show in their pockets? This is the probably the roughest and most "damaged" the prototypes have looked at one of these shows.

Some of them look interesting but it will depend on the final product. If the shoddy paint apps that we've seen in wave 1 continue, then I don't see any of these figures turning out that great.

sebillba
10-11-2013, 05:18 AM
I'm mega excited for this wave, and all because of one figure.... finally we are getting an OT Yoda that is potentially better than the 1980s vintage figure! Luke looks amazing as well. The first images of these I saw were the official Hasbro pics on Facebook, and at first I thought they looked so good they must be from the 6" line. Hopefully we'll see more photos of Yoda without his cloak, though I'm guessing it'll just be the VC body again - which would be fine, though I'm hoping to see bj elbows instead of the swivels.

Does anyone have any idea when these might be coming out? (Whenever it is, it's not soon enough!!)

Edit: apparently they're not due till next Spring. :(

JediTricks
10-11-2013, 02:43 PM
The 2003 "Saga" Snowtrooper figure was also a commander, actually. The smooth appearance of the helmet on the new release is better.

I like that Vader's chain is finally just sculpted to his chest armor. He looks a little lanky, but I'm assuming the pieces will fit together better in production. Now that we have super-articulated versions of his ROTS and ANH looks, we really need an overhaul of the Evolutions set for new ESB and ROTJ figures.

Luke appears to have straps coming from the holster - presumably he unclips the fastener that holds the blaster in place, though I don't remember offhand. The official Hasbro photography shows interchangeable hands for Force-using and, possibly, handstands. The 2004 OTC Dagobah Luke is still one of the only human figures with swappable body parts, so I'm glad they're updating the idea here.

And in the official photography, it looks like some of the articulation has been photoshopped away - check out Toryn Farr's elbows. That's weird.Those must be the thickest straps ever then. They shouldn't have bothered with that element, it's a waste of budget, they're even painting the buckle at the end.

Good eye on Toryn Farr, my guess is her arm articulation got budgeted out. It looks like the new arms won't have elbow articulation anymore, I just hope that extreme bend is not included as well. There's also a little photoshop smear on the inside of the right shoulder, I wonder if that means they're pulling her shoulder articulation as well.

The Saga version had the rank insignia. But the other details were not consistent with the Commander.You are mistaken, the Saga version had the rank insignia, the upside-down shoulderpads, the alternate forearm armor, closed-loop boots, and the hip holster, all of which are consistent with the Snowtrooper Commander. The only inconsistency with that figure to the Commander costume is the helmet skirt.

Did Hasbro carry these prototypes to the show in their pockets? This is the probably the roughest and most "damaged" the prototypes have looked at one of these shows.They usually mail the figures to shows, I would guess what we're seeing isn't "damage" but much earlier, rougher prototypes than usual.

I'm mega excited for this wave, and all because of one figure.... finally we are getting an OT Yoda that is potentially better than the 1980s vintage figure! Luke looks amazing as well. The first images of these I saw were the official Hasbro pics on Facebook, and at first I thought they looked so good they must be from the 6" line. Hopefully we'll see more photos of Yoda without his cloak, though I'm guessing it'll just be the VC body again - which would be fine, though I'm hoping to see bj elbows instead of the swivels.

Does anyone have any idea when these might be coming out? (Whenever it is, it's not soon enough!!)

Edit: apparently they're not due till next Spring. :(I also thought there was a mixup and Yoda and Luke were 6", especially due to Luke's joints which are largely the same as the 6" line, and Yoda's all-cloth outfit. But I double-checked, the party images show Yoda in the background of Vader pics.

I hope Yoda has an all-new body system with better joints that works better with the cloth outfit.

El Chuxter
10-29-2013, 11:20 PM
At this point, I wonder, realistically speaking, what the chances are we'll actually get any of these figures. I'm not entirely convinced Wave 2 will ship, given how turdly Wave 1 is and how it's pegwarming. And then Wave 2 isn't much better, and Wave 3 repeats a lot of the crap from the first two. Sigh. :(

Devo
11-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Is that Luke for real with those joints? My word that's grotesque.

I'll get Toryn, Wedge, Snowtrooper and maybe Yoda.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Good eye on Toryn Farr, my guess is her arm articulation got budgeted out. It looks like the new arms won't have elbow articulation anymore, I just hope that extreme bend is not included as well. There's also a little photoshop smear on the inside of the right shoulder, I wonder if that means they're pulling her shoulder articulation as well.

It looks like there are signs of photoshopping near her right elbow as well - check out the blur. My guess is that the figure will still have shoulder and elbow articulation but the promo image was edited for a cleaner look. From what I can tell, the torso, crotch, and legs are from TVC Hoth Leia, but the arms are new - so it is possible that they're being reconfigured to have less articulation. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

At this point, I wonder, realistically speaking, what the chances are we'll actually get any of these figures. I'm not entirely convinced Wave 2 will ship, given how turdly Wave 1 is and how it's pegwarming. And then Wave 2 isn't much better, and Wave 3 repeats a lot of the crap from the first two. Sigh.
While some people have seen wave 2 in stores, I think most collectors have turned to online. Thank the Force that HasbroToyShop and Amazon have reasonably-priced individual figures again. I've been seeing revised figures from wave 1 but not a peep from wave 2 - and in most instances I don't even think it's the carry-forwards, but rather new shipments of wave 1. That said, Hasbro is looking for a new Director of Product Design and Development (http://jobs.hasbro.com/job/Pawtucket-Director%2C-Design-and-Development-Star-Wars-Job-RI-02860/27285700/) for the SW brand, and while I don't know if this would even affect distribution I just hope they can get someone who actually has a clue as to what he's doing.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Thankfully these figures are all coming two per case (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSA5077D#.U1AL5see9wk) – EE also has them as a set (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HSA5077DD#.U1ALa8ee9wk). I already got Dak back when he was released in TVC (when he had a "c" in his name), so barring any major differences, I won't be getting him. Bastila Shan, though, is the only US-released basic figure I don't have, so I'm excited to finally be getting her three years after her release (and to not have to pay $70 for her online).

Hopefully future waves will also be two per case as it just makes everything easier. Since stores rarely get in more than one case at a time these days, it's so frustrating realizing you've missed out on some figures. This will also make ordering online much easier so you don't have to be saddled with a ton of crap figures that you already have and nobody wants to buy – just split a case or buy a set. Now that we're getting into the more interesting collector-focused Black Series figures, this is definitely the right move on Hasbro's part.

JediTricks
04-18-2014, 04:13 PM
2 per case of Toryn Farr is a horrible idea. If ever there was an argument for shortpacking, it's Ms. Boring MacDoesNothing.

At $10 a pop, this line is struggling so hard to keep my interest, I cannot remember the last figure I was excited about.

Tycho
04-22-2014, 11:59 PM
I have like all the Jaina Solo figures shipped to Southern California in 2010 I think.

I'm buying 2 extra Torryn to make Jedi Academy Jaina if it works.

So I might buy 3 of her total and none of the other figures interest me.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2014, 12:58 PM
HasbroToyShop and Amazon have them available individually, and I just ordered the five I wanted from HTS. I would've gotten the six-pack but I would have had to unload Dak, and nobody wants to buy Dak. Poor Dak.

I only saw one of each figure for sale from a vendor at SDCC and the paint wasn't very good. If it's still poor on the ones I get, I'll just keep them carded until I find samples I like in-store, since hopefully these will start showing up in stores with all the Fall resets happening soon.

figrin bran
08-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the tip JJL! Just got the ones I wanted off of HTS.

Tycho
08-03-2014, 01:47 PM
I couldn't pull the trigger.

It was going to be $30 for 2 figures after I paid tax and shipping.

Better for me to find them at Target. If I honestly can't, in a few years I'll find them in the 2ndary market.

You can tell I'm so excited.

OC47151
08-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Attended FandomFest in Louisville KY this weekend, and was pleasantly surprised to see that Dorkside Toys had a booth. Had wave 4 figures for sale. I picked up Toyrn. Paid a couple of bucks more than store price but at least I have her in hand.

Also said the Dago Luke in person. I wanted to buy this figure but the arm joints...

Yoda looked good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2014, 02:51 AM
My HTS shipment arrived yesterday. Bastila, Yoda, and the Snowtrooper Commander all look great. Luke and Toryn's eyes are so horribly misaligned that they look like the bastard love children of Tommy Wiseau and the Toxic Avenger, by far the worst paint jobs I've ever seen in person. (Yoda from the 2013 Class I Jedi Attack Fighter was awful as well, though.) I'll be keeping those carded until I figure out how to proceed.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Aaaand I just realized that they completely forgot to paint the brown covering on Bastila's right hand, even though it's sculpted and they didn't miss the left. Overall the paint on the figure is very weak and thin, but I'm still glad I didn't shell out $70 for the Vintage version.

OC47151
08-10-2014, 05:01 PM
Luke and Toryn's eyes are so horribly misaligned that they look like the bastard love children of Tommy Wiseau and the Toxic Avenger, by far the worst paint jobs I've ever seen in person.

Funny.

I looked at several Toryn before finding one with decent eyes. Still not the greatest but better than others that I saw.

figrin bran
08-10-2014, 11:18 PM
My HTS shipment came as well. Torryn has okay paint apps but my Bastila has that same unpaired part on the shoulders.

I guess this Bastila will stay carded since my Vintage one was opened.

Tycho
08-10-2014, 11:45 PM
OC, where are you finding Torryn?

I'd rather buy her at retail now, unless I can combine shipping with Lockdown from TF...checking as the idea just occurred to me.

Snowtrooper
08-11-2014, 12:03 AM
I got 2 Torryns from Amazon and the paint apps are pretty good on them. I also got my HTS order of Snow Cmdr's and they are painted pretty well with the exception of the eyes. It seems like they didn't fill in the whole area and the eyes are a bit small.

Tycho
08-11-2014, 12:29 AM
Darn, I can't get free shipping unless I order over $35 and I would if they'd let me order 3 Torryns. But I can't find anything else I want.

Snowtrooper
08-11-2014, 10:56 AM
I couldn't either so I just bit the bullet and ordered them.

DarkJedi5
08-15-2014, 01:04 AM
Found a Bastilla and two Toryns at Target today. I've got a Bastilla from her original release from back in the day, so it's available for anyone who would like it but hasn't found her yet.

I am definitely keeping one of the Toryns (the paint on both is much better that what some people have described) and will keep both unless someone is having trouble getting their own.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-15-2014, 11:26 AM
I received my wave 5 case from Entertainment Earth yesterday. Now I have extras of Luke (1 with good eyes, 1 wonky), Yoda (x2), Toryn (with bad eyes), Snowtrooper Commander, Wedge, and Vader, if anyone wants them.

It includes all four new figures from wave 4, so I was able to pick much, much better versions of Luke and Toryn. Every figure in the case was painted well, thankfully, so no worries there.

Luke's elbows do look funky, but the posing options are pretty much limitless. I was worried that the backpack would look huge on him based on pictures I'd seen, but it looks good, even though the buckle is ginormous. His knees don't have a very wide range of motion and the flesh-colored crotch joints are hilarious but overall he's pretty spectacular.

JediTricks
08-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Thanks to JabbaJohn, I have the Snowtrooper Commander.

The Snowtrooper Commander is ok, but I don't know how they assumed this figure was SO slight. It's the same height as a snowtrooper, but very slender, like a gawky kid is in the armor, or a waifish supermodel. Articulation is good, although the gloves come off way too easily, and putting the footpeg hole at the toe is always irritating to me. Paint is good except it came a little dirty and has a small paint splotch, but the rest of the deco holds up well and there's more than usual to look at. Sculpt is decent, the flare on the helmet but that's essentially the only issue beyond the figure's actual build. The figure comes with a DL-44 long-scope variant, but the character actually sports the short-scope variant (or the M-57); the pistol fits in a holster sculpted to the outside of the kama skirt. Including the E-11 with the folding stock is an alright choice. Honestly though, it's a C grade figure, and it's hard to know where the money is going here.

Tycho
08-27-2014, 05:23 PM
Honestly though, it's a C grade figure, and it's hard to know where the money is going here.

Out the window. Don't we have a thread for that? "What do you see out your window right now?"

I saw Hasbro wasting JT's money. He could have had an original figure that Hasbro has never made before like Cliegg Lars, or Bail Organa in his speeder pilot uniform (Order 66 Bail Organna). Or an OT figure never made before like Tzzzvvzzzt or Han Solo Yavin Ceremony (correct shirt) - the latter if JT has to have a main character.

But then, how about that new Luke Dagobah I've always suggested, with his Bespin jacket open, and his green muscle shirt showing underneath? (From when Yoda lifts the X-wing with The Force.)

Or (OT again) he could have had Shasha Teil - Jabba's Palace Ishi Tibb.

I will probably never look at the snowtrooper - so not interested (I have probably 20 or more previous Snowtroopers for my armies from previous years). So what makes the commander different? (I honestly don't know). I expect he's white armored and wears a cloth veil under his goggles like all snowtroopers do. Maybe he has a .5 millimeter change in paint that designates his rank.

WOW. A whole .5 millimeters? Different from 20 other figures I already have? I might have to bend over and grab my ankles for Hasbro to get this. If I buy it online, can I please pay over $25 for it? Please?

Where is Padme Senate? Where is the Wraith/Defel from the Cantina? Where is the mustached Bespin Guard? Where is Anaconda Farr? Where is a proper Sgt. Doayllyn? Where is Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary modern sculpt)?

Where did interest in my hobby go?

JediTricks
08-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Out the window. Don't we have a thread for that? "What do you see out your window right now?"

I saw Hasbro wasting JT's money. He could have had an original figure that Hasbro has never made before like Cliegg Lars, or Bail Organa in his speeder pilot uniform (Order 66 Bail Organna). Or an OT figure never made before like Tzzzvvzzzt or Han Solo Yavin Ceremony (correct shirt) - the latter if JT has to have a main character.

But then, how about that new Luke Dagobah I've always suggested, with his Bespin jacket open, and his green muscle shirt showing underneath? (From when Yoda lifts the X-wing with The Force.)

Or (OT again) he could have had Shasha Teil - Jabba's Palace Ishi Tibb.

I will probably never look at the snowtrooper - so not interested (I have probably 20 or more previous Snowtroopers for my armies from previous years). So what makes the commander different? (I honestly don't know). I expect he's white armored and wears a cloth veil under his goggles like all snowtroopers do. Maybe he has a .5 millimeter change in paint that designates his rank.

WOW. A whole .5 millimeters? Different from 20 other figures I already have? I might have to bend over and grab my ankles for Hasbro to get this. If I buy it online, can I please pay over $25 for it? Please?

Where is Padme Senate? Where is the Wraith/Defel from the Cantina? Where is the mustached Bespin Guard? Where is Anaconda Farr? Where is a proper Sgt. Doayllyn? Where is Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary modern sculpt)?

Where did interest in my hobby go?If I spent money on Bail Organa speeder uniform, I would feel like I wasted my money. Likewise, Tzizvvt is definitely among those characters that should not have made the final cut of the film, it should have stayed in the lost footage along with so many other misfires that cut culled, I don't want to own a human fly character that looks like a bad '50s monster movie costume, that's the sort of thing that takes me right out of the film. Han Yavin ceremony I doubt I'd spend more than $7 on, and the figures ain't $7 anymore so I doubt I'd buy him. Cliegg I've given up caring about, he's an old guy in a hovering wheelchair - these are dull characters that don't do anything and don't contribute to one's imagination very well, there are no exciting Star Wars adventures that Han ceremony can get into, no starships that Cliegg can steal, nothing plausible that Tzizzvt could do anywhere in any way - that's why I didn't bother buying Brock Starsher, he's not compelling in any way, he's only there for OCD completists to stick on a shelf and never think about again, he doesn't look right and doesn't fire the imagination, and at $10 I don't want to be casual about that sort of thing.

Shasa Tiel, I don't really like the look of Ishi Tib designs anyway, they don't look terribly Star Warsy to me, they look kinda goofy and overly nonsensical, having features only to look different rather than feel organic, they are the opposite of the Millennium Falcon in that way, so the Ishi Tib figures I already own do the job fine. Plus I don't feel remotely compelled to collect all the Jabba or Cantina aliens. Ishi Tib masks look like a reject from Face Off, the reality show.

How can you not know what makes the Snowtrooper Commander different, yet you want Shasa Tiel whose sole difference is a costume barely visible because it's in the dark for the character's brief moment?!? The friggin' Snowtrooper Commander is in a bunch of shots in ESB by comparison, I think almost every shot of Veers on Hoth has the guy there. The differences between Snowtrooper and Commander:
*- differently-shaped helmet with additional greebles at the outer flare
*- different mask skirt, smooth instead of rumpled, nose slits designed in, and it's a totally different length
*- rank badge on the upper left of the armor
*- shoulderpads are upside-down from regular Snowtrooper
- different gloves and on top of forearm armor
*- different torso armor details
*- no backpack
*- no weathering
- gun holster on hip over kama skirt
- lack of kneepads
- different boots
(entries marked with asterisk are definitely visible in film.)

OC47151
08-30-2014, 10:46 AM
OC, where are you finding Torryn?

I'd rather buy her at retail now, unless I can combine shipping with Lockdown from TF...checking as the idea just occurred to me.

Bought her at a con. I had to look through three or four figs to find one with a decent paint job.

The stores are now resetting for Christmas, and BS merch is more prominent, but I still haven't seen anything newer than the Mace Windu BS wave. And that's been at Kmart.

Still looking for Pablo Jill and Mara. Fingers crossed.

And like Tycho, I have several snowtroopers from the previous waves. Unless there's something spectacular about the new one, or I can find him on clearance, I'm passing. I've focused more on new sculpts more than anything with the BS line.

Tycho
09-01-2014, 11:08 PM
JT: Thanks for the reply about the details that make the Snowtrooper Commander different. I'd have never picked up on those things. Not that it will make me buy the figure, (I want a 6" though) but I enjoyed the reading, hence I'm thanking you for the response.

You know the rest of my interest in never-made-before figures is for diorama building with such essentials as Cliegg Lars.

As to Zzzvvvzzzt's usefulness as a figure that jumps in starships and fights, etc? Well, a kid can imagine anything including him being a Sith Lord (of the Flies, haha). So the cantina cut is irrelevant in that regard. For me, it's a new filler to populate scenes I could build and hope to finally start seriously building now. Finally. (Money may have returned by earnings from my investments in my novels / (amateur) production company.

OC - sorry. I found Mara in the store (maybe a week ago) and laughed at her and didn't even touch her card (fearing I'd catch some disease that would cause ALL my action figures to morph, adopting terrible exaggerated 80's hairstyles) allowing me to recreate Poison glam-rock videos instead of Star Wars dioramas.

I got Pablo a while ago, but it doesn't seem he's being left behind from that wave (like Darth Plagueis who I think ships with these -don't know. I got mine for retail cost as a gift from a scalper friend).

Meanwhile, I love how it's called "the BS wave." I never thought of that before, but is it EVER accurate.

All it needs now is a re-carding of 1997's Milakali and "it's predestination" will be complete!

OC47151
09-02-2014, 06:55 AM
I was more interested in the BS Mara's body (sounds sexist, doesn't it?) than anything. I've picked up a spare comic 2-pack Mara and planned to swap the 70s looking Mara with a more realistic one.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-03-2014, 07:50 PM
As to Zzzvvvzzzt's usefulness as a figure that jumps in starships and fights, etc? Well, a kid can imagine anything including him being a Sith Lord (of the Flies, haha).That'd be a Gamorrean Guard, to be precise... on a steek! ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-18-2014, 08:59 PM
I moved to New York a couple weeks ago, so my closest TRU is the one in Times Square. When I was here for Toy Fair in February, they were clogged with Biggs, and a few weeks ago they were clogged with Biggs, Luminara, and Vizam. Yesterday they had a ton of wave 4 in stock, even adding a few extra displays to hold them. It's good to see that they're getting out there more.

El Chuxter
09-18-2014, 10:30 PM
so my closest TRU is the one in Times Square
Oh, hell, I hadn't even thought about that. I thought those of us in SoCal had it rough.

JediTricks
09-20-2014, 03:14 AM
Wow, that's crazy! Good luck in the big apple, JabbaJohn! And I hope you have a buddy who can drive you out to Queens or wherever you can get away from the collecting hell that is the stores in most of the boroughs, from what I've heard from our past NYC membership.

I took my mom shopping a few days ago, Target had Luke Dagobah, I asked her what she thought because it had those big stupid cow eyes painted on, instead she recoiled at how awful the arms looked. That figure is doomed.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2014, 11:29 AM
Wow, that's crazy! Good luck in the big apple, JabbaJohn! And I hope you have a buddy who can drive you out to Queens or wherever you can get away from the collecting hell that is the stores in most of the boroughs, from what I've heard from our past NYC membership.

Thanks! I don't have any car connections yet, unfortunately. The stores I've been to so far are a TON of Walgreens (and their NY subsidiary, Duane Reade), that TRU, Target, Kmart, Barnes & Noble, and Disney Store. Only Walgreens/Duane Reade have had anything, but of course it's a complete crapshoot. Luckily I got caught up on 3 3/4" via buying cases online and am currently only looking for the 6" Clone Trooper, Vader, and proto Boba. I'm sure once Rebels starts hitting that the new stuff will be easy to find – I was mostly looking for the Reveal the Rebels holo Obi-Wan set at TRU the other day (no luck), and they'd at least gotten in a lot of non-3 3/4" Rebels items, so finding stuff shouldn't be too crazy difficult in the short term.

Oh, hell, I hadn't even thought about that. I thought those of us in SoCal had it rough.
Even though it's a lot of pegwarmers right now, and it's often full of tourists, the store itself (and the impressive SW display) is very nice.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-20-2014, 04:05 PM
I have now seen in person and at retail all the figs in this line. I have NO desire to get any of them, either. TRU had an entire aisle just for SW items... and there wasn't a single thing I have an inkling for. :(

OC47151
09-21-2014, 05:35 PM
In the last week or so, in my journeys, I've noticed Toryn and Dak hanging on the pegs. Peg warmers? I don't know, maybe it's too early, but it's just nice to see new merchandise after so long.

My club had its fall festival this weekend. Two of my prizes were the Dago Luke and Yoda. There's two less figs that I'd have to buy. But with Yoda's size, I'd be real reluctant to pay $10.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-23-2014, 09:37 PM
But with Yoda's size, I'd be real reluctant to pay $10.Yeah; that is vinyl caped Jawa all over again. They should've put in a Jedi Ghost Yoda in with him, or something; or maybe a disappearing one with a blanket.

OC47151
09-24-2014, 07:06 AM
Yeah; that is vinyl caped Jawa all over again. They should've put in a Jedi Ghost Yoda in with him, or something; or maybe a disappearing one with a blanket.

I saw Yoda on the pegs at Target last week but just glanced at him. Really didn't pay attention to his size until I got one in hand. At least we got the backpack.

Size matters not to Hasbro.

JediTricks
09-29-2014, 07:10 PM
With how small this figure is in person, that bubble card should have had a pot, a ladle, a bowl, a snake, a container from Luke's camp, the torch, pretty much everything you can imagine beyond the blissl flute and gimer stick and backpack it came with. $10 and the product weighs less than the packaging the way it is now.

OC47151
09-30-2014, 05:27 PM
With how small this figure is in person, that bubble card should have had a pot, a ladle, a bowl, a snake, a container from Luke's camp, the torch, pretty much everything you can imagine beyond the blissl flute and gimer stick and backpack it came with. $10 and the product weighs less than the packaging the way it is now.

Exactly! Some accessories would've been nice.