PDA

View Full Version : Power Play! NHL 13-14

Bel-Cam Jos
10-12-2013, 09:20 AM
No thread yet? And it's already 5 games or so in? 2:00 for delay of game... commenting.

Pens with Fleury in net? 3-0. Without last year's yank-him-from-the-playoffs netminder? 0-1. And Crosby's hardly produced yet.
A 4-goal rookie outburst?
A rookie coach outburst and $10K fine?

It's on!

Bel-Cam Jos
10-14-2013, 11:35 PM
I joined a fantasy hockey last year in the strike-shortened season, and after two weeks my 2-0 record this year has already DOUBLED last year's win total for the Wampa Rats. :eek: Currently ranked the #2 team of 20 in the league. :D Thanks, 4-0 M-A Fleury, and several other current and former Penguins! :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-02-2013, 09:46 AM
And... hockey is STILL being played. Several teams are doing well, some are doing poorly, while others are somewhere in the middle. Cup playoffs are a LOOOOOONG time away.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-11-2013, 09:18 AM
If one could award a Stanley Cup in November, than one could award it to either California team that have an aquatic animal as their mascot. Both look deadly, but things can change from now until June.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Penguins leading their division (still not used to the new names yet) and Crosby's tops in points, my fantasy team's climbed back to .500 (6-6), Fleury's still the starter in Pittsburgh. All good (except the health of Pens D-men).

Bel-Cam Jos
01-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Watching the Winter Classic in Ann Arbor, MI was enjoyable. They mentioned that the temperature ROSE to 14 at one point; it looked cold (might be the coldest WC game the NHL's had), and I don't believe it ever stopped snowing. I liked the kids in USA Olympic players' jerseys at the end.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-08-2014, 02:45 PM
After today's games, it's the break for the Winter Olympics. Weird how the NHL plays so close to the event; I expected them to have more than a day or so to travel, get settled, and then prepare. [edit] Quick online check: men's hockey begins Wed. of next week, so that's about three days of preparation; plenty, right?

Bel-Cam Jos
02-25-2014, 08:25 PM
NHL is back with one game tonight.

The last regular-season week of my fantasy hockey league; the Wampa Rats are in 15th place right now, where 14 make the playoffs (it's a big 22 team one).

Bel-Cam Jos
03-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Two "outdoor" games this weekend: one in snow with the Blackbears beating the Steelguins easily (but Fleury's helmet was awesome; gold pads, maybe not so much), the other in a closed football stadium between two Canadian teams.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-09-2014, 09:21 AM
The Bs are sneaking up on the Pens for best record in the East; confusing. :confused: I think it's because of the following newspaper preview: :venivecifleury:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Couple of notes about this season:

Detroit may not make the playoffs, after 22 straight years of doing so. Weird that it happens in the first year in the Eastern Conference, a conference with not as many powerhouses as the West.

Colorado is a great young up-and-coming team that might win sooner rather than later, despite their youth. Patrick Roy has been doing a fascinating job.

Pittsburgh and Boston will meet in the Eastern Conference Finals, unless they don't meet before then. Book it.

Good to see Ryan Miller play for a decent team in St. Louis after having to put up with crap in Buffalo for so many years.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Pittsburgh and Boston will meet in the Eastern Conference Finals, unless they don't meet before then. Book it.Well, they're the two who clinched playoff spots first, although the Pens are limping (some of them literally) into the post season with an injured squad. Today the tangle with the 'Hawks at home, on TV (if the NBC Sports Network doesn't black it out again, saying "You Don't Subscribe To This Channel" :mad: ).

Bel-Cam Jos
04-04-2014, 09:06 PM
The remaining playoff slots are going fast: new format has top three in each of the new divisions, plus two others per conference. Metro is the Penguins' now, so therefore the worst they can finish is in 2nd in the East. Out West, you might need 100 points just to get in.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Pittsburgh lets in a late goal that forced OT and then SO versus the Red Wings, which the Pens won on some terrific saves by Fleury. Both teams might open the playoffs next week.

DarthQuack
04-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Rangers/Flyers should be a good 6-7 game series. Hoping King Henrik can carry us through to the next round.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Stanley Cup is underway: Penguins come up big late versus the Columbus Cobalt Coats. And a nice 3OT game I didn't stay up to see the end (STL apparently won).