PDA

View Full Version : Possession Arrow! (college basketball start-up)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-17-2013, 05:14 PM
There is still time before NCAA basketball games really mean something, but it's another season again!

Ohio State breaks Marquette's long home win streak. YSU goes up against a big boy in UMass and as expected, doesn't win. Pitt's going for a 3-0 start. But the Div. III player who scored over 100 points last year did it again this year; his scoring average is 90.0 ppg now! :eek:

The fall and winter tournaments should be starting soon, too!

Bel-Cam Jos
12-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Pitt played YSU... and my team won! ;) Panthers remain undefeated with a pretty tame schedule so far (just wait 'til they get their first ACC games in). Buckeyes are also unblemished in the loss column, also with an easy schedule. YSU's Penguins are a respectable 7-5 to begin the year.

Bel-Cam Jos
12-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Didn't realize that YSU would get national airtime: they hung in there for most of the game against St. John's; MOST of the way. :( But the Penguins, should they make the NCAA tourney, could upset some upper seed IMHO. Yeah, I'll admit, I turned off the last 2:00 or so of the OSU/ND game, and therefore missed a nice comeback win. I also missed Pitt's 1-point loss to a quality opponent (Cincy) this week, instead of their common cupcake teams they beat.

JimJamBonds
12-22-2013, 12:38 PM
There is still time before NCAA basketball games really mean something, but it's another season again!

Ohio State breaks Marquette's long home win streak. YSU goes up against a big boy in UMass and as expected, doesn't win. Pitt's going for a 3-0 start. But the Div. III player who scored over 100 points last year did it again this year; his scoring average is 90.0 ppg now! :eek:

The fall and winter tournaments should be starting soon, too!
The source vs mu game was terrible, wisconsin I soggy to a great start, but for the most part NCAA basketball gets a "meh" from this guy.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-08-2014, 09:03 PM
No shame in losing at Michigan St., but still sad to see the "chance" at an undefeated season go for the Buckeyes.

YSU gets its 10th win, and first conference victory.

Pitt won its second ACC game in as many games, only 1 loss in 15 played overall.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-01-2014, 07:55 AM
Pitt's transition into the ACC has been pretty strong, despite a loss to Duke (not an uncommon happening) at home recently. Ohio St. is... not so strong in their run of Big 10,11,12 Do I Hear 13,13? Conference games (they go to Madison for UW today). YSU's been steady after a strong start to the season, losing on late FTs yesterday.

Duke vs. Syracuse will have two 900+ win coaches squaring off. Let the hype begin!

Bel-Cam Jos
02-16-2014, 09:27 AM
It's been tough lately: yesterday's comeback win only put YSU at one game over .500; Pitt loses yet another close one versus a traditionally strong ACC team (UNC, after the buzzer-beater loss to former Big East power 'Cuse); OSU wins at Illinois by coming back, after other losses in recent weeks.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Conference tourneys (many of the "big" ones) start (or end) this week. YSU lost in early rounds last week, but worse than that, finished 15-17 and are not going to receive any post-season bids. :( Pitt finished in 5th place in their first ACC year, while OSU was also 5th. We'll see how those tournaments go, but I'm sure both will make the NCAAs, likely no higher than 4 or 5 seeds, unless either wins this week or makes a long run there.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-15-2014, 02:57 PM
We'll see how those tournaments go, but I'm sure both will make the NCAAs, likely no higher than 4 or 5 seeds, unless either wins this week or makes a long run there.No worries about a long run, as both Pitt and OSU lose 3-point semi-final games. :( Tomorrow's the bracket reveal; I'd guess OSU will get a 4 (or maybe a 5) seed, while Pitt would end up as a 6 or 7.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-17-2014, 04:11 PM
... or, Pitt and OSU could both end up with terrible draws. :( Pitt a #9, and up against a likely Florida game after opening games; Buckeyes in the same regional.

My Sweet Sixteen:
Florida/UCLA, Ohio St./New Mexico
Virginia/Michigan St., Iowa St./St. Joe's
Arizona/San Diego St., Baylor/Oregon
Wichita St./Louisville, Duke/Michigan

Final Four:
Ohio St. beats Michigan St. in a Big 10 rematch, while Louisville takes out local Cinderella San Diego St. The Buckeyes win it all, in my dreams.

JimJamBonds
03-17-2014, 08:25 PM
This should be renamed the BCJ thread with JJB throwing his two bits around every now and then. #snarkey

Bel-Cam Jos
03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Forget I posted my bracket's champ. First time in all my years doing brackets (almost always just for kicks) that my pick to win it all loses in the FIRST ROUND. :cry: Go, Pitt!

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2014, 09:32 AM
Still have 10 of the Sweet 16 left, and 3 of the Final 4 (minus OSU, of course :( ). Pitt was close with Florida, but that half-buzzer beater was the nail. :( Wichita St. was a gamer; they were the team I'd have backed to keep going (along with "Dayton-ella" ).

Bel-Cam Jos
03-30-2014, 06:35 PM
The final four (lower case) teams are now set, and I have none of them in my busted bracket. Stats? I picked 58% of all the tournament games, and by the Elite Eight (I had 3 of them), it was clear I knew nothing pick-wise this season. :( Who am I routing for? Florida: nope. Kentucky: nope. UConn: nah. So by default: Wisconsin. Go Big 10/11/12!

JimJamBonds
03-30-2014, 08:57 PM
Go BUCKY!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-08-2014, 07:17 PM
So, who had UCONN winning it all?

JimJamBonds
04-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Pretty much nobody thats who.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Is that code for "Thread Closed"? ;)

DarthQuack
04-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Syracuse let me down this year....started off so well, 25-0. Had one of their stud players Jerami Grant out for a handful of games and it really did them in. When he did come back, they just didn't gel like they had earlier.

JimJamBonds
04-12-2014, 09:15 PM
Wisconsin is a top 5 team for next season, while I'd love to see them get back to the final four (4 starters return) I think that is a tall, tall task.