PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Rumor List

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2014, 12:13 PM
Jedi News posted a rumor list (http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=15237) for several lines. It includes figures that have already been revealed and looks to be from an official Hasbro document. I've put the newly listed items in bold.

The Black Series 3.75" Range

#20 Ep3 Darth Vader (Star Destroyer)
#21 Ep5 Luke Jedi Training (Dagobah)
#22 Ep5 Yoda Yedi Training (Dagobah)
#23 Ep5 Toryn Farr (Hoth)
#24 Ep5 Snowtrooper Commander (Hoth)
#25 Ep5 Wedge (Snowtrooper) (new head/helmet)
R5 Droid
Ep6 Sgt. Doallyn
Ep6 Ree Yees
Ep5 Hoth Luke "Wampa Attack" (new head)
Ep5 Hoth Han Solo's "Search For Luke"
Ep5 Darth Vader "Yoda's Test" (new head)

The Black Series 6" Range

#09 Ep4 Stormtrooper
#10 Ep3 Obi-Wan Kenobi
#11 Ep5 Luke Bespin
#12 Ep3 Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)
#13 Ep4 Chewbacca
EpII Clone Trooper
Ep6 Darth Vader
Ep6 Luke Jedi

Saga Legends

15 Ep1 Darth Maul
16 Ep5 Snowtrooper (Hoth)

Mission Series Figures

01 Zeb & Stromtrooper
02 Rebels C-3PO & R2-D2
03 EpV Darth Vader & Luke Skywalker (Bespin) Refresh
04 EpII Yoda & Darth Sidious (Refresh)
05 EpV Boba Fett & Stormtrooper

Sgt. Doallyn would be awesome, but I'd prefer Brock Starsher first (the white-suited guy from the skiff battle with the same helmet) since Bane Malar scratches many of the Doallyn itches. But updates to Hoth Luke and Han to include alternate heads from their recent figures would be great Luke needs the scarf, and Han needs to have his hood up when riding the Tauntaun.

The next 6" figures sound great as well, with two potentially huge figures coming via Vader and Chewie.

Hopefully the Mission Series Boba and Stormtrooper is just a repack of the Saga Legends figures since those are proving difficult to find (for now, anyway).

Devo
01-27-2014, 02:31 PM
There's some wants there for me.

Toryn Farr
Snowtrooper commander
Doallyn
Ree Yees
The R5 droid (if its OT and I don't already have it)

I really don't feel any excitement for core character figures these days. If I saw them, maybe I'd buy but my anticipation for them is zero.

Kinda think the POTF2 Yak Face is a little bit more in need of an update than POTF2 Ree Yees but I'll still take the Ree man. I'm sure he will look much better.

As regards Doallyn, I didn't realise the white-garbed guy on the skiff had been given a different name? So Doallyn is now just the guy who Chewie shoves back down the steps at Jabba's palace?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2014, 03:47 PM
There's some wants there for me.

Toryn Farr
Snowtrooper commander
Doallyn
Ree Yees
The R5 droid (if its OT and I don't already have it)

I really don't feel any excitement for core character figures these days. If I saw them, maybe I'd buy but my anticipation for them is zero.

Kinda think the POTF2 Yak Face is a little bit more in need of an update than POTF2 Ree Yees but I'll still take the Ree man. I'm sure he will look much better.

As regards Doallyn, I didn't realise the white-garbed guy on the skiff had been given a different name? So Doallyn is now just the guy who Chewie shoves back down the steps at Jabba's palace?

It's possible that the R5 is R5-X2, Jabba's droid from the pod race, who was supposed to be one of the build-a-droids in the cancelled Legacy Collection.

Saelt-Marae is indeed showing his age these days. I remember Hasbro being displeased with the 1998 Ree-Yees when I mentioned the Disney set to them a few years ago (the one that repacked him with the three-eyed camera) at Celebration V, so I'm not surprised they're revisiting him. (Derryl also mentioned Dagobah Vader at the same time, so I guess they've been planning these for a while now.)

And yes, Brock Starsher was named in Star Wars Insider last year. The EU states that Doallyn lives past the events of ROTJ, meaning he couldn't be the white-suited guy at the Sarlacc pit. So yes, Doallyn is the guy who gets thrown down the stairs.

Devo
01-27-2014, 04:11 PM
In that case like you I'd prefer to get Brock Starsher to help complete those tiny skiffs. I like that he's a very different look to the usual Niktos, klaatus and Weequays. A larger skiff and Jabba's barge would be the only vehicles I would buy at this point. Oh and the echo base troop carrier.

morpheus282
01-27-2014, 06:39 PM
I'm all for a new Wedge but only if we get his snow speeder too.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2014, 09:22 PM
I'm all for a new Wedge but only if we get his snow speeder too.
Wedge was revealed along with the rest of his wave at New York Comic Con, and there seemed to be a heavy ESB presence that's continued by this list. Judging on the recent simultaneous Biggs and X-wing, the release of Wedge not to mention the rumors of a Dack Ralter re-release (I didn't think it needed a repack, but he's expensive on eBay) could indicate that there's a Snowspeeder on the way. If so, presumably it'll be a repaint of the 2010 vehicle with more orange highlights, which I would welcome very much, and my guess is it'd be a TRU or Amazon exclusive.

The word on the street is that the 2014 Black Series 3 3/4" line is Hasbro's way of clearing out their long-fabled "parking lot" of unmade figures before the new entertainment starts with Rebels and Episode VII. While that should mean a good number of collector-focused characters are on their way, I hope it doesn't mean an end to those types of figures, or figures from the existing Star Wars media. With a new TV show (and I'm sure more to come), a new trilogy, and spinoff films, in addition to how the new Saga Legends, Mission Series, and 6" Black Series are all main characters, I don't know how much time they'll have to get to these types of figures in the future, or even if they want to . . . Oy, now I'm depressed.

morpheus282
01-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Wedge was revealed along with the rest of his wave at New York Comic Con, and there seemed to be a heavy ESB presence that's continued by this list. Judging on the recent simultaneous Biggs and X-wing, the release of Wedge – not to mention the rumors of a Dack Ralter re-release (I didn't think it needed a repack, but he's expensive on eBay) – could indicate that there's a Snowspeeder on the way. If so, presumably it'll be a repaint of the 2010 vehicle with more orange highlights, which I would welcome very much, and my guess is it'd be a TRU or Amazon exclusive.

The word on the street is that the 2014 Black Series 3 3/4" line is Hasbro's way of clearing out their long-fabled "parking lot" of unmade figures before the new entertainment starts with Rebels and Episode VII. While that should mean a good number of collector-focused characters are on their way, I hope it doesn't mean an end to those types of figures, or figures from the existing Star Wars media. With a new TV show (and I'm sure more to come), a new trilogy, and spinoff films, in addition to how the new Saga Legends, Mission Series, and 6" Black Series are all main characters, I don't know how much time they'll have to get to these types of figures in the future, or even if they want to . . . Oy, now I'm depressed.
I missed the reveal and confirmation of Wedge somewhere, and I have no idea how. I've been uncommonly busy in the last six months so I shouldn't be surprised.

I've said (rather quietly) since the last Snowspeeder release that I'd gladly buy a Hoth Wedge and his speeder if it was offered. Maybe Hasbro finally heard my pleas. I'd even go as far as searching every TRU and pre-ordering from Amazon if this is truly the case.

bigbarada
01-27-2014, 10:36 PM
Good to see that the SL Stormtrooper is getting a rerelease in the Mission Series line.

I thought that there was a rumor of a TIE Fighter Pilot for the 6" line.

Snowtrooper
01-27-2014, 11:51 PM
I think I'm nterested in the following:

Torynn Farr
Snowtrooper Cmdr
Sgt Doalynn
Ree-Yees
Wedge
R5 Droid
6" Stormtrooper

The rest are all wait and see. I also can't get very excited about the core characters anymore.

LTBasker
01-27-2014, 11:54 PM
I'm hoping 6" Chewie and Vader are true, definitely looking forward to seeing them on display at Toy Fair if they truly are coming soon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Good to see that the SL Stormtrooper is getting a rerelease in the Mission Series line.

I thought that there was a rumor of a TIE Fighter Pilot for the 6" line.

There was, and there still could be. I have to assume there will be more than two new waves of 6" figures in 2014.

LTBasker
01-28-2014, 04:53 PM
Between the Jedi News and the previously leaked Hasbro Customer Service thing, I'm thinking the next few waves are going to go something like this. All personal speculation, of course.

Wave 4 (like all the other rumors suggest):
Chewie (ANH)
Anakin (ROTS)
Clonetrooper (AOTC)
Obi-Wan (repack)

Wave 5:
Darth Vader (ROTJ - although the previous leaked list said EP 5)
Luke (ROTJ)
Sandtrooper (second pauldron color)*
Chewbacca (repack)

Wave 6:
Darth Vader (repack)
TIE Pilot
C-3PO (ESB)
[Blank spot]

Wave 7:
C-3PO (repack)
Jawas
Sandtrooper (third pauldron color)*
[Blank spot]

*- There were multiple Sandtrooper listings.

I'm not all that happy with the character selection, but it's not terrible. I'm hoping the Sandtroopers vary more than just being repainted pauldrons since at least the next one isn't using the same number as the Orange one, according to Jedi News' sheet. I'd like to see the White pauldron come with the security hover droid and a stand for it, and the folding stock E-11 that apparently the Stormtrooper isn't coming with now. Then the Black pauldron could come with a Dewback prod/lance and this rifle (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RT-97C_heavy_blaster_rifle).

indyjones1981
02-01-2014, 03:55 PM
Anyone hear about a new sculpted Lobot (Lando's Aide) in 2014? 2004 was the last version and before that was 1997. He needs to be redone. Since Hasbro seems to be on an Empire Strikes Back kick. Also the mustached Bespin Guard needs to be done in the black series or Saga Legend 5POA line. People's thoughts. Thanks.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-01-2014, 09:53 PM
I think having a mini-wave, of similar characters or scenes would work: think Lobot, Bespin Lando, Bespin Leia, Wing Guard. Or various Hoth outfits. Those would do well in the 6" line, I think.

indyjones1981
02-01-2014, 10:13 PM
I think having a mini-wave, of similar characters or scenes would work: think Lobot, Bespin Lando, Bespin Leia, Wing Guard. Or various Hoth outfits. Those would do well in the 6" line, I think.

I was referring to Lobot in 3.75" scale not 6 inch but we need some other characters before Lobot in the 6" inch line. 2014 sounds like it will be one of the better years for Star Wars action figures in a long time. 2015 should be good too!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2014, 01:56 PM
Bantha Skull (http://banthaskull.com/story/news_breaking_news_bantha_skull_spies_reveal_possi ble_new_3.75_figures) and JediTempleArchives (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13861) have released new rumors, which include these figures:

Anakin Skywalker (The Clone Wars)
Commander Thorn
Mosep Binneed
Princess Leia Organa (Yavin Ceremony)
Yavin Medal Bearer
Dutch Vander (Y-wing Pilot)
C-3PO
Darth Vader (Yoda's Test)
Princess Leia Organa (Boussh Disguise)
Chewbacca (Boussh's Prisoner)

Their lists also include figures revealed or shown at Toy Fair:

Captain Rex (Phase I; originally planned for 2013 Legacy Collection)
Commander Wolffe
Commander Doom
Luke Skywalker (Wampa Attack)
R5-G19 (Home One)

Along with these repacks, which have been previously rumored:

Imperial Navy Commander (TVC; may or may not be gray-suited repaint)
Darth Malgus (TVC)
Starkiller (TVC)

It's unclear if Anakin will actually be from TCW, as the rumors also say he might be a ROTJ spirit, but I'd be happy with a version in the outfit he wears in Seasons Three through Six. Commander Thorn is the red-armored shock trooper who carries "the hammer," inspired by Thor, and defends the banks on Scipio in Season Six. Doom is the second Marvel reference clone, in the green-and-yellow Dr. Doom armor seen in the Order 66 arc in Season Six. I'm glad to see a good selection of TCW figures, even if it is mostly clones. (As I'll keep saying, I'm waiting on spider-Maul, Pong Krell, Bo-Katan, Mandalorian Obi-Wan, etc. . . .)

ANH and ROTJ are well represented here. It'll be great to finally get Mosep, one of the two cantina Nimbanels. Yavin Leia would be very welcome as the two 1998 figures look incredibly outdated. I don't really think we need another Dutch Vander and I'd rather have the other few unmade pilots first, but the 2004 version is giant and doesn't fit in with the other pilots, so whatever. No word on where C-3PO will be from. The 2006 Boussh Leia isn't bad, but she doesn't have modern articulation. The 2006 prisoner Chewie was just a kitbashed figure and the only other version was the short one from 1998 so a new one could be cool.

El Chuxter
07-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Mosep! Yay!

Everything else, meh. Yet another dream Vader? And "Medal Bearer" is released before Cliegg Lars? C'mon. :rolleyes:

And please tell me "Commander Doom" is a joke. I know you're not going to, but I really hope you will. Because that makes Waru look not stupid by comparison. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2014, 12:21 PM
JediTempleArchives updated again (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13862) based on a post from "Stan," the guy on the Rebelscum forums who claims to have ties to the factory. He's often wrong and occasionally right, but JTA seems to think that this is indeed the real deal. I have a hard time believing that Hasbro will reveal ALL these figures at SDCC, and he claims they'll be spread out before Episode VII's release, but here's the list:

Tzizvvit
Power Droid
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
Imperial Gunner
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
Lobot
Lando Calrissian
Bespin Security Guard
Shasa Tiel (Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib)
Barada
Vedain (Nikto Skiff Guard Driver)
Han Solo (In Carbonite)
Saelt-Marae (Yak Face)

I'd assume that Hoth Han would at least have the soft goods from the Search for Luke Skywalker pack, and hopefully the hood-up head since that's how he looked when riding the Tauntaun. Maybe the Bespin Security Guard will be a mustachioed version, and maybe the Power Droid will be a vintage update. Even without those two, that's at least three unmade characters, which isn't a great ratio but it's better than nothing.

Tycho
07-15-2014, 03:53 PM
If this rumor list is true, THERE ARE SOME FIGURES I WILL ACTUALLY GET EXCITED ABOUT and do somersaults over!

Tzizvvit - YES!!! I love new cantina characters and there are more to be made!

Power Droid - it's possible

Bespin Security Guard - yes, the mustached guy! The mustache is an important accessory our Cloud City Wing Guards have been lacking.

Shasa Tiel (Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib) - YES!!! She is way overdue!

I could buy a very small number of multiples of the two Cantina and Jabba's aliens, and maybe a couple Bespin Guards.

If Mosep is also coming out, I could purchase a few of him, too.

I'm still down for 3 Torryn Farrs and a few Brock Starshers (Sgt Doayllyn).

If they want to re-release figures (and Darth Malgus is an EU being re-released) then Malek and Revan are good candidates.

6" really needs a Snowtroooper!

bigbarada
07-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Barada is the only name on the list that generates any real excitement for me. Look forward to seeing what they do with the figure; but if he turns out to be just a repaint or retool of Kithaba, then I might have to pass.

Vedain might be cool, but Vizam was always my favorite Nikto and I'm a bit burned out on that species right now.

indyjones1981
07-26-2014, 06:54 PM
JediTempleArchives updated again (http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/content/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=13862) based on a post from "Stan," the guy on the Rebelscum forums who claims to have ties to the factory. He's often wrong and occasionally right, but JTA seems to think that this is indeed the real deal. I have a hard time believing that Hasbro will reveal ALL these figures at SDCC, and he claims they'll be spread out before Episode VII's release, but here's the list:

Tzizvvit
Power Droid
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
Imperial Gunner
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
Lobot
Lando Calrissian
Bespin Security Guard
Shasa Tiel (Jabba's Palace Ishi Tib)
Barada
Vedain (Nikto Skiff Guard Driver)
Han Solo (In Carbonite)
Saelt-Marae (Yak Face)

I'd assume that Hoth Han would at least have the soft goods from the Search for Luke Skywalker pack, and hopefully the hood-up head since that's how he looked when riding the Tauntaun. Maybe the Bespin Security Guard will be a mustachioed version, and maybe the Power Droid will be a vintage update. Even without those two, that's at least three unmade characters, which isn't a great ratio but it's better than nothing.

None of those figures you listed were announced at SDCC 2014. Some maybe announced at Toy Fair 2015. I doubt we will see any Star Wars E 7 figures/toys @ Toy Fair 2015. Perhaps maybe next year at SDCC 2015. They are keeping everything close to the vest for Star Wars Episode 7 toys included!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2014, 09:26 PM
None of those figures you listed were announced at SDCC 2014. Some maybe announced at Toy Fair 2015. I doubt we will see any Star Wars E 7 figures/toys @ Toy Fair 2015. Perhaps maybe next year at SDCC 2015. They are keeping everything close to the vest for Star Wars Episode 7 toys included!
Seven new figures were shown for TBS 3 3/4", all of which which were included in the first list I mentioned a few posts earlier. I was surprised to see that Chewie ended up being a Yavin version instead of a Boushh's prisoner version, but he IS still a version meant to be paired with a Leia, so that's kind of close. I was also happy to see Wolffe in his Season Six Oba Diah desert gear.

I bet we can still expect more figures from the first list even if they're not the exact versions listed. Stan is unreliable so the second list may or may not pan out.