PDA

View Full Version : Goenosians are Neimodians

badtaste
03-13-2002, 03:31 PM
The early designs of the Neimodions where very similar to the designs designs of the battle droids.
However, the Neimodian designs where changed into the Duros design while the Battle droid kept there Design.

Now I've seen Geonosians, I've noticed that they look very close to the early Neimodian design (exept for the wings) So the idea of the created mirrors the creator, is there again.

Beast
03-13-2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by badtaste
The early designs of the Neimodions where very similar to the designs designs of the battle droids. However, the Neimodian designs where changed into the Duros design while the Battle droid kept there Design. Now I've seen Geonosians, I've noticed that they look very close to the early Neimodian design (exept for the wings) So the idea of the created mirrors the creator, is there again.
You are correct, infact here is a picture of the original Neimodian design, that perfectly shows this. Also a lil bit of information from the official Star Wars website about it. Again proving, Lucas never throws a good idea out.

In the initial design stage, the Neimoidians were to resemble the conical-snouted gangly battle droids that they employ, an indication that the war automata was designed in their image. For a number of reasons, this approach was abandoned, and under George Lucas' direction, the classic trilogy Duros design, which dated back to the original Star Wars cantina, was modified to become a Neimoidian. Rather than employ digital creations, the Neimoidians were actors wearing elaborate animatronic masks. The facial movements of the masks were radio-controlled from off-camera.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
03-31-2002, 10:33 PM
yeah, something like that.