PDA

View Full Version : C-3po

Jek Porky 2002
03-13-2002, 06:08 PM
I know you all hate resculpts and if it where up to you we'd only have one figure of each charactor and they would just stand straight in no pose. But who would like to see another Attack Of The Clones C-3PO figure without that hidious chunky paneling, when I first saw pictures of the new 3PO the first thing that came into my head was getting a figure of this new design, and when we did it looks a mess, can you imagine my fury and disapointment at this. Anyway who would like to see a proper EpII C-3PO?

Sith Vicious
03-13-2002, 06:13 PM
I would like to see a better version. To me, the version they're coming out with is only slightly less crappy than the AOTC Anakin with the lightsaber arm. I thought we were going to get a cool tarnished silver looking threepio, not this hunk of junk.

Jek Porky 2002
03-13-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Sith Vicious
To me, the version they're coming out with is only slightly less crappy than the AOTC Anakin with the lightsaber arm.
No this is by far the worst, you've only got to look at those wide hips and it's not even like you can escape this farse by displaying it without the coverings because that's just as bad too, it's just too flat, there's something else that's not quite right about it aswell but I don't know what it is yet.

Jargo
03-13-2002, 06:23 PM
Apparently there's a resculpt planned already Jek. It's C-3PO from the droid foundry scenes and he comes with another droid and they have a 'swappable feature'. I first saw this listed as a deluxe figure but it may end up being a regular carded figure if it gets released. It'll probably be a fall release though. I think it's supposed to be another battle droid that comes with 3PO but that may change. Most likely it will be though to give everyone another army builder battle droid as if there weren't enough.

mark2d2
03-13-2002, 06:32 PM
Actually, I'm really looking forward to this dreaded C3P0 you all so despise.

I think it's a neat idea, and give them a lot of credit for trying. And even if he is a little "chunky" he'll make a swell background droid. Heck, I'm glad you all hate this figure. Then I'll be able to find one right away. Last time I had the hardest time getting Threepio those first couple of weeks.

And it looks like you'll get your resculpt -- so everybody wins . . .

Jargo
03-13-2002, 06:42 PM
I hate the way they skimped on the paint job with this current 3PO. They could at least have made him look like the TPM 3PO and made him silver. The colours of his platings are wrong too. he should be more blue. But i'll probably end up buying him anyway. I want that trunk he packs with. I'll probably keep the coverings and chuck out the droid. Then pick up the swap feature 3PO later.

Someone mentioned being able to use episode one R2 with thrusters with AOTCtoys. The AOTC R2 with thrusters is different. TPM R2 had thrusters coming from his main body while the AOTC R2 has thrusters coming from his legs. So I sense another R2 sculpt coming. Maybe they'll ship 3PO with R2 in a droid foundry 2-pack? Now that I'd snap your arm off for. :)

starwars92590
03-13-2002, 06:54 PM
3po dosen't have silver coverings. the droid has grey coverings!:D

Jek Porky 2002
03-13-2002, 06:58 PM
Correct, and they also have paint that has begun to peal of on it aswell.

LTBasker
03-13-2002, 07:37 PM
Well, it'll be interesting to get since it's perfect for "junkyard scrap" but I hope they redo him, this just does not do 3PO justice.

Jargo
03-13-2002, 08:02 PM
Okay, I'll speak slowly for ya.... 3-P-O-is-grey-in-the-toy-version-but-the-movie-version-and-episode-one-toy-were-silver. The-coverings-on-the-AOTC-toy-are-not-blue-toned-like-they-should-be. This-toy-is-coloured-wrong. The-movie-version-of-3-P-O-is-not-green-and-red-and-grey-but-bluey-grey-with-white-patches-of-paint.

I was referring to the droid himself not the coverings when I said he should be silver. This toy is pale grey and looks cheap and nasty. And where's all the wires like the episode one 3PO? Then you have the coverings being too dark or too light or just not enough. blocks of colour instead of shades merging. It's just not right. simple as that.

Not to mention that from every picture I've seen the coverings don't seem to fit properly.

Like I said, the best part of this pack is the crate his parts can be stored in. :p

pthfnder89
03-14-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Actually, I'm really looking forward to this dreaded C3P0 you all so despise.

I think it's a neat idea, and give them a lot of credit for trying. And even if he is a little "chunky" he'll make a swell background droid. Heck, I'm glad you all hate this figure. Then I'll be able to find one right away. Last time I had the hardest time getting Threepio those first couple of weeks.

And it looks like you'll get your resculpt -- so everybody wins . . .

I'm with you Mark, I don't think it's a great figure, but I'm actually looking forward to it. I think it'll be one of the first ones I buy. I also like to give Hasbro credit for trying something neat and innovative.

I grant you he didn't turn out perfectly, but I don't get what everybodies worked up about. There are plenty of regular Threepios around and there will certainly be a resculpt.:)

LTBasker
03-14-2002, 06:09 AM
I wonder if the coverings will fit E1 3PO... Probably not, but I'm definitely gonna try it when the E2 3PO comes out! :D

JEDIpartner
03-14-2002, 09:35 AM
This Threepio actually has his "backside" coverings moulded onto him... You can only add the front panels. I think it's a cool idea... can't wait to get it, for the concept... BUT I want a "whole" Threepio from the film and, I agree with Jargo 110%, would kill for Droid Foundry Threepio and Artoo. That would be a totally PERFECT set!

evenflow
03-14-2002, 12:28 PM
I am actually looking forward to this figure. I think it is a cool idea. I am also sure that we will get a resculpt with the coverings molded on.