PDA

View Full Version : TheFarce is strong in this one...

tbone1138
03-13-2002, 08:58 PM
http://64.90.162.234/boards/

Lord Tenebrous
03-13-2002, 09:17 PM
thefarce.net was funny for about a minute. Then it became more annoying than the site it was parodying.

And if the new board is anything like the old one, there's going to be a lot of profanity and perverse statements. So stay away, kiddies.

SpiritJedi
03-13-2002, 10:22 PM
:rolleyes:

>>thefarce.net was funny for about a minute. Then it became more annoying than the site it was parodying. <<

Really? I think thefarce.net is STILL funny. I'd recommend it to all my friends and 75% of my enemies. It's still wacky and all that.

>>And if the new board is anything like the old one, there's going to be a lot of profanity and perverse statements. So stay away, kiddies<<

Actually, kids, COME ON DOWN. Bring your sense of humor (and help remind Lord Tenebrous what one of those is). Anything funny is welcome, profane or not. Woo HOO, folks, its a blank chalkboard, and you KNOW that TFN is so prime for satire.

Magnolia-Fan
03-13-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by SpiritJedi
:rolleyes:

>>thefarce.net was funny for about a minute. Then it became more annoying than the site it was parodying. <<

Really? I think thefarce.net is STILL funny. I'd recommend it to all my friends and 75% of my enemies. It's still wacky and all that.

>>And if the new board is anything like the old one, there's going to be a lot of profanity and perverse statements. So stay away, kiddies<<

Actually, kids, COME ON DOWN. Bring your sense of humor (and help remind Lord Tenebrous what one of those is). Anything funny is welcome, profane or not. Woo HOO, folks, its a blank chalkboard, and you KNOW that TFN is so prime for satire.

So what's with the advertisment? Do you run that site or something?

Dar' Argol
03-13-2002, 10:39 PM
What is that site tring to be:confused:. SSG wannabe!! I looked around for about 5 minutes and was not impressed. OOOHHHHHH. . . . . . and look, the most users at one time was 18 on March 13. OOOOHHHHHHH..... SirSteve, you better start promoting your site or you'll get shut down by them!!!:eek: COME ON!!!! Newbie poster???? Post counts?????? Their ripping you off SirSteve!!!!!:eek:

Idiots:crazed:

Dryanta
03-14-2002, 08:13 AM
I had to go over there before I made any comment.Here's my comment."That'll never happen again"
Thanks L.T.for the warning.

Jargo
03-14-2002, 02:45 PM
Parody is lost on some it seems. It's supposed to be annoying and irritating and stupid. that's the whole point of the parody because that's what TFN is really like. If it seems sanctimonious and condescending then oooh take a look round the real TFN and you won't see any difference. What were you people expecting - Ben Stiller and Jim Carrey? :rolleyes:

Obi-Don
03-14-2002, 02:51 PM
I won't bad mouth the site. All I can say is "It's not for me."

Wolfwood319
03-14-2002, 02:57 PM
I think its hilarious. Some people take themselves, or Star Wars too seriously, and need to bring it down a notch. I very much dislike TFN and "thefarce.net" is a perfect representation of why I don't like it, yet over at "farce" they know it is supposed to be a joke.

Dryanta
03-14-2002, 04:32 PM
I have no problem with parody,in fact I enjoy it for the most part.I 'm not at all familiar with object of their parody.
I personally don't find empty profanity or inuendo as funny.
I don't have any problem with making fun of Star wars as long as it's inteligent not third grade humor.May be a great site just not for me.