PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Preview Figure?

mark2d2
03-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Now that these seem to finally be hitting everywhere -- which is your fav?

Mine is without a doubt: R3-T7.

None of the others even come close to this badboy. An R3 unit? Completely out of the blue like that? No fan poll nonsense, he just pops up at Toy Fair and Viola! A clear headed astro droid at last. Hasbro really did a good job on this guy. The inner details are beyond cool, not at all cluttered or overdone. I especially like the way the "wires" are all bundled together. And that they continued the retro tradition of the clicking head. Heck, I even like the electric accessory thingy -- the better to be zapped by a Jawa with.

Which Preview Figure really does it for you? And why?

Wolfwood319
03-13-2002, 11:45 PM
I only got the R3 so I can't really judge. I'm not a huge droid fan, but he is definately one of the cooler figures I've seen in the last year.

My Wal-Mart and TRU are flooded with these things. They've been on the shelves for about 3 weeks now and they are everywhere. They must have gotten in 20+ cases a store.

pthfnder89
03-14-2002, 12:13 AM
ARg! I hate you guys ;);)

I can't find them at any WalMart in Dallas, and I've been to about 5. R3 is the only Preview figure I'm really excited about, the rest I'll see if I like.

LTBasker
03-14-2002, 06:03 AM
I haven't got'em yet, but here's my decision:
1. R3-T7
2. Clone Trooper (Army builder before main character. :p)
3. Jango
4. Zam

mericen
03-14-2002, 07:38 AM
For me the best of the bunch is the Clone Trooper although I have yet to find Jango Fett. I really like the paint job on it and the way it is posed.

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 09:20 AM
Here is a really big surprise:
JANGO IS MY FAVORITE!!
But I like all 4 of them. The droid is cool w/the clear dome and all. But by far Jango and then Zam at a close 2nd. I cant help it, I love bounty hunters.

JEDIpartner
03-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Some dirty bloody buggery scalper got all the Jangos, so Drew and I had to settle for the other three.

Of those three, I like:

R3-T7
Zam
(probably Jango when I get it)
Clone Trooper (last because you can't put him "standing in ranks" position, just battle position)

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 09:46 AM
Of course you'll like Jango!! Jango is the man!!
Hey JediPartnr, if you dont get one soon, I will help you out. Maybe I can send you one or we can make a trade or something.
Let me know.

JEDIpartner
03-14-2002, 10:54 AM
I'll keep that in mind! I'm keeping my eye out for it, though... I'm sure I'll find one soon!

Thanks, buddy! :happy:

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 11:02 AM
No problem man.
Ive got 3 carded and one opened, so I could definately get you one just in case.

Jayspawn
03-14-2002, 11:13 AM
It's a close one for me. I really like R3-T7 and the Clonetrooper. Both very cool figures.

evenflow
03-14-2002, 12:13 PM
1. R3-T7
2. Zam
3. Jango
4. Clone Trooper

JEDIpartner
03-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Evenflow... are you me???
R3-T7
Zam
(probably Jango when I get it)
Clone Trooper (last because you can't put him "standing in ranks" position, just battle position):crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
03-14-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Evenflow... are you me??? :crazed:

Kinda like bigbarada is Woooof?

I like R3-T7 the best.

I opened up my clonetrooper. For some strange reason with his sunken in cheeks and dour downturned mouth he reminds me of Chritopher Lee. Are we sure they are clones of Jango?;)

I didn't open that one pose wench, Zam, and I haven't found Jango yet, but he looks pretty one pose himself...

Lman316
03-14-2002, 12:25 PM
My favorite is actually the Clone Trooper. I have three of them open, standing around Jango and Zam, and everybody's firing (gotta love those blast effects, even though most don't :D ).
I have to wait until the movie comes out before I know how to display everyone. Then I can see what kind of cool scenes I can put up.
But after the Clone Trooper, it would be R3, then Jango and then Zam. Her back looks, I don't know, kinda crooked, and she can't turn her head because the veil gets in the way.

Obi-Don
03-14-2002, 01:47 PM
I would have to say mine is R3-T7. I have always been a droid fan.

Jedi Drew
03-14-2002, 03:17 PM
I would have to say: 1) Zam (good sculpt), 2) Jango (looks good but don't have him yet) 3) Clone Trooper, and 4) R3-T7. I'm not into the droids that much so that's why he is last. I get into the aliens/creatures more.

:sur: :sur:

snakeplkn
03-14-2002, 06:11 PM
R3-T7 wins hands down, how can you not like an astromech droid? Astromechs are nearly always in shortage, R2 w/ Holo Leia, R2-B1, R2-A9, and R2-Q9, and R4-M9. I can only hope the Disney droids will be available via the Fan Club as promised, there can never be enough droids.

Zam is decent and the Clonetrooper disappointed, he reminded a lot of POTF2 Stormtrooper, necessary but uninteresting. If he was more like the CommTech Stormtrooper, people would be buying armies instead of a couple.

I didn't even bother to get Jango Fett, I'll wait till April 23rd for the definitive edition.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"