PDA

View Full Version : AotC's Final Shot

Co Jo-Da
03-14-2002, 03:15 AM
After watching the 'Clone Wars' Trailer for the thousandth time now, something caught my eye at the 1:30-1:32 mark. It's the very Imperial-like shot of Tens of Thousands of CloneTroopers with Republic Cruisers taking for in the background but what I didn't notice was the far far background. This shot is on Corascent and this has to be the very end of the film, following the Star Wars tradition of no dialogue right before the credits roll. Not only is the Empire coming but they're here...

OH MAN, THIS GOING TO BE GOOD...

2-1B
03-14-2002, 03:55 AM
A shot of clones going off to deal with other uprisings could be cool. It would kinda have a cliffhanger feel to it . . . not in the ESB sense, but there will still be so much left to be resolved.

What might the final sequences include? How about the clandestine wedding, cutting to a meeting between Palps and Dooku, then finishing with a clonetrooper sendoff? Just some thoughts . . .

Fixer
03-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Are you sure it's Coruscant? I thought that at first, but on reflection, it also looked like Geonosis. I can't quite make out if those are buildings or rock spires in the background.

Jedi Clint
03-14-2002, 10:30 AM
Well, I actually think that is a shot of Kamino early morning (after a long night of rain the sun is out pushing through the cloudy atmosphere), and the clones destination in this shot of departure is that of Geonosis. Even Tipoca city has tall buildings. I guess we will have to wait for the movie to be sure.

Jedi Clint
03-14-2002, 10:36 AM
Reference pic.

Jedi Clint
03-14-2002, 10:38 AM
Similar structures can be seen in the area of this picture inside the black box.

Pendo
03-14-2002, 10:47 AM
My first thought was that it was Geonosis, but now you mention it it could be Coruscant or Kamino. I am unsure. I'll find out on 16th May.

PENDO!

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 11:11 AM
I believe it is Coruscant, but for spoiler reasons. From what I know (spoiler wise) I think this is Coruscant.
I will leave it at that.

Jedi Clint
03-14-2002, 11:17 AM
JangoFett96,

You are aware that you are posting in the super-duper Spoiler section of the SSG forums aren't you? ;)

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 11:24 AM
Yes I do realize that, but you know how it is on here sometimes.
Plus not all spoilers are accurate, so I will just assume that the shot is on Coruscant.

Jedi Clint
03-14-2002, 11:29 AM
That's cool. Just checkin'. I didn't want you holding back on us for the wrong reasons :)

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 11:48 AM
Well if you really want me to share it I will.
I just dont know how valid it is.

Jedi Clint
03-14-2002, 11:51 AM
That would be entirely up to you. I wasn't trying to pressure you.

Co Jo-Da
03-14-2002, 12:10 PM
I have no doubt that this is Coruscent, yeah Geonosis has those tall rock columns but I really looked hard at those buildings in the background and it's Coruscent. The only thing that I call into question is the sky (glowing red) it could be Geonosis but I still think that it's either sunset or sunrise on Coruscent...

2-1B
03-14-2002, 01:41 PM
Jango and Clint, your discussion was pretty funny :D "I wasn't trying to pressure you" -- Classic :)

After looking at those pics, I think the one with the clones could be Geonosis. I don't suspect that Coruscant would have such an orange sky, but other than that I have no evidence :cool:

pthfnder89
03-14-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
I have no doubt that this is Coruscent, yeah Geonosis has those tall rock columns but I really looked hard at those buildings in the background and it's Coruscent. The only thing that I call into question is the sky (glowing red) it could be Geonosis but I still think that it's either sunset or sunrise on Coruscent...

But you're forgetting one thing Co Jo-Da. In that picture and in the previous trailer featuring a different part of that same shot, with the clones actually boarding the SD type ships, neither of them has ANY ships flying in the background.

If it was Coruscant, there should be tons of movement in the background, but there isn't any at all. To me this says that the scene is not on Coruscant.

Jedi Clint
03-14-2002, 02:05 PM
:p I admit to being in goofball mode today, but I was sincere with my exchange. If ya got spoiler material....this is the place to share it, but no one is under any obligation.

This is interesting. We have three different people who think that is 3 different places. I didn't notice the lack of vehicles in the cityscape beyond. That is noteworthy. It will be fun to see which planet it actually is!

I would like to address the topic of this discussion. I think this would make a fine end scene for the film. Another ending shot could be that of Dooku and Palpatine together, or of the wedding sequence. Or........??

pthfnder89
03-14-2002, 02:18 PM
I am having problems seeing why the shot would take place on Geonosis though. Why would they have a shot of them lining up like that AFTER the battle on Geonasis.

The thing is, no matter where it is, I believe the scene of them preparing to board is almost definitely before the big battle. There is a later shot showing that the Star Destoryer ships landiong on Geonosis and several gunships deploying, so we know that the SD typoe ships are used to carry them to the battle.

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 02:26 PM
Ok, heres what I have heard:
At the end of the film following the Battle at Geonosis, Anakin, Obi Wan, Amidala, Yoda, Mace, etc are meeting in Palpatines office.
They are discussing what has taken place, with the war beginning, the great loss of many Jedi in the battle, etc.
Supposedly this is when the war has officially been declared, and the scene is when they all look out from Palpatines office and see the troops and the ships beginning to prepare for the war.
Now, I believe this is totally possible since in this scene we see the troops and ships and then there are tall buildings in the background. It very well could be Coruscant and this is where the troops are being sent.

pthfnder89
03-14-2002, 02:35 PM
Hmm... not to sound so wishy-washy:D , but that does sound like a really possible ending.

Thanks for the spoiler Jango; now I REALLY want to see the film and find out what's up.

Lord Tenebrous
03-14-2002, 04:03 PM
EXT. MILITARY STAGING ARENA (CORUSCANT) – NIGHT

Chancellor Palpatine, Bail Organa, Jar Jar Binks, and a select few other dignitaries stand and oversee a seemingly grand, but ultimately dreadful site to behold…

Beneath them prevails a military staging arena where tens of thousand of clones are being organized and shipped to fight in the wars.

The end of the movie takes place over the course of a day.

Dawn - Sidious and Tyranus meet on Coruscant.

Day - Council Chamber meeting - Mace, Obi, Yoda, others ("Begun, this Clone War has")

Evening - Wedding on Naboo

Dusk - Clone deployment on Coruscant

Co Jo-Da
03-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous

The end of the movie takes place over the course of a day.

Dawn - Sidious and Tyranus meet on Coruscant.

Day - Council Chamber meeting - Mace, Obi, Yoda, others ("Begun, this Clone War has")

Evening - Wedding on Naboo

Dusk - Clone deployment on Coruscant

After talking to several people off line, showing my point of view and comparing to the argument that so have brought up. Everyone that I have discussed this with has agreed that it's Coruscent, either a broke-down section of the planet that Palpatine want to use for a new headquarters or since the declaration of war all traffic has been ordered away from the CloneTroopers landing zone...

Lord Tenebrous
03-14-2002, 08:15 PM
There are supposedly large portions of Coruscant that are broken down and are awaiting re-construction, so I'd imagine Palpatine goes in and orders a military section of the planet to be formed, off-limits to everybody but the clones, Jedi, and delegates of the Senate. It would almost seem a compassionate move by Palpatine, lifting the burden off the Kaminoans by offering Republic dormitories and barracks on the Core World itself.

It's the birth of the Academy.

Jargo
03-14-2002, 08:58 PM
the traffic on Coruscant conforms to strict lanes anyway so making a small area a no go area for traffic because it's a landing stage would be no hassle for the traffic. The buildings are in the distance and Palpatines office is high up so it's going to be easy to see the staging area from palpy's office anyway. Sure it might be a run down area but with the size of those ships and the amount of troops it has to be purpose built so I would imagine that this last scene would be taking place some time after the geonosis battle. And is it just me or does Tipoca City seem mighty small to be holding all those thousands of troops. It just doesn't seem big enough. just a minor point.
note that the reports of script segments have said battle droid foundries plural intimating that there are more foundries on other planets or other armies on other planets. not all of the battle droids are on geonosis. So it's totally plausible for this to be the task force sent to counter the threat of attack from the massed forces of the separatist armies. Hence the start of war.

Co Jo-Da
03-15-2002, 12:09 PM
It's Coruscent if you look at the far right hand side about half way up, you can BARELY see traffic fling past the second building in. It's really hard to see but it's their...

pthfnder89
03-15-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
the traffic on Coruscant conforms to strict lanes anyway so making a small area a no go area for traffic because it's a landing stage would be no hassle for the traffic.

Probably true. I have to admit, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be getting in the way of four or five of those big-***$ transport ships in my little Air Taxi :D:D

corporal AMF
03-18-2002, 02:46 PM
C¿mon everybody knows that GL is filming the last scenes right now at SkyWalker ranch! ,With some fellows fronSan Francisco like mece, obi and anakin!!! PEACE!!!
Now instead of Boss Nass we can have Jar Jar shouting WAR!!!