PDA

View Full Version : SoundTrack Covers

Co Jo-Da
03-14-2002, 11:18 AM
Check it out, three of the four soundtrack covers revealed, Sound Track opens on April 23rd...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/billboard2.jpg

Look at Yoda catching Lighting!!!

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/billboard1.jpg

Pendo
03-14-2002, 12:35 PM
Looks cool! Thanx Co Jo-Da. I love JW's music, I can't wait to hear the AOTC score, and the new love theme.
Will the soundtrack be like the first TPM soundtrack with most of the music missing, and an Ultimate version will be released about a year later?

PENDO!

2-1B
03-14-2002, 12:44 PM
Cool!

I'll definitely buy the regular edition, because I want continuity in the poster art, but I just might have to pick up the Anakin/Padme issue as well. I love it ! :) Yoda and Jango are cool, but they won't make the cut.

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 01:01 PM
Hmmmm....lets think about this.
I think I will get.......the one with, um.......
Jango!!

Jargo
03-14-2002, 08:27 PM
I just don't like the movie poster artwork. So I'm picking up the Yoda one. Can't stand the pairing of Hayden and Natalie in publicity photos and Jango doesn't look very good in that pose.
Plus, it's Yoda with force lightning and that's cool. Very very KEWL!

JEDIpartner
03-15-2002, 09:56 AM
I love the poster art (said Ebert to Siskel ;) ) I will be picking that one up. I would only have gone "collect all four" crazy if they were really special covers- like they were all hologram covers, but they're not. I will only pick up the poster art cover.

I'm sure this will be a single disc version with another disc to follow in the fall to accompany the DVD (if it does indeed come out).

Rollo Tomassi
03-15-2002, 10:11 AM
"Across the Stars" ?? Did N'sync do a song for the film?

I'm torn between the Movie poster version and the Yoda version.

Are they gonna do a music video version this time around? I thought it was cool to mesh Star Wars visuals (even behind the scenes stuff) with the compelling Duel of the Fates. I hope they do that again.

SithDroid
03-15-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm torn between the Yoda cover and the original poster art cover. I'll probably pick up the Yoda cover because I think the original poster cover will be around for a while.

Co Jo-Da
03-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Me favorite thus far is Anakin racing across Tatooine's dessert...

InsaneJediGirl
03-15-2002, 07:32 PM
Hm..I'll probably get the Yoda cover because I can always pick
up a movie poster.:D

Very awesome Yoda picture..kinda like this one Fan Art I saw.

jawaboy
03-16-2002, 08:31 AM
"Across the Stars" by Celine Dion!!!!! ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH

derek
03-16-2002, 10:22 AM
wow, what a bold marketing move!(scarsism) now all the fans who must have one of everything will buy 4 cd's so their colections will be complete!:greedy:

this sounds like something out of the michael jackson school of marketing.....wait, michael jackson works for sony....and this is also a sony release! it all makes sence now!:crazed:

and then a year and a half later, the "ultimate soundtrack":greedy: will come out. what a great idea!:sur:

InsaneJediGirl
03-16-2002, 02:11 PM
Orginally Posted by jawaboy
"Across the Stars" by Celine Dion!!!!! ARGGGGGHHHHHHHH

I thought they dropped that song?GRRR..:mad: First Nsync
now Celina Dion..This isnt Titanic!

Yeah,I figured it was a marketing ploy derek.With "limited" release covers...Heck,they'll be so many of them stores
will want to give them away.The Ketwol of CDs :D

2-1B
03-16-2002, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Me favorite thus far is Anakin racing across Tatooine's dessert...

Is that an actual cover? I thought it was a promo pic for the other covers?

derek, I read your post as if Comic Book Guy was saying it, and it was pretty funny :D

mark2d2
03-16-2002, 03:38 PM
Wait, are you all sure that "Across the Stars" is by Celine? Remember, the Episode I disk boasted "Duel of the Fates" as a single. If they really did go with Celine -- than that is indeed Terrible. Madonna doing "Beautiful Jedi" would have been better. Ridiculous, but better.

I don't know what one I'll go with. I'm leaning to Jango . . . I wish they were doing an Artoo and Threepio cover. Now that would have been cool . . .

PS -- to Caesar -- Yeah, you're right. That's just a background promo pic. It would've been a cool cover though IMOP. In fact that's more along the lines of what I'd have done for the poster. A series of four or five really cool poster size stills from the movie with the Logo and necessary credits. The new poster art is okay, I guess. But the look reminds me of all those Cheesy EU books that came out in the late 80s.

Lord Tenebrous
03-18-2002, 07:38 PM
Best Buy Link - With Track Listings (http://www.bestbuy.com/mandm/ProductInfo.asp?ProdType=music&ST=11120810)

Co Jo-Da
03-18-2002, 08:00 PM
Here's the track listing:

1. Star Wars Main Title and Ambush On Coruscant
2. Across The Stars (Love Theme from Star Wars Episode 2)
3. Zam The Assassin and The Chase Through Coruscant
4. Yoda And The Younglings
5. Departing Coruscant
6. Anakin and Padme
7. Jango's Escape
8. The Meadow Picnic
9. Bounty Hunter's Pursuit
10. The Tusken Camp and The Homestead
11. Love Pledge and The Arena
12. Confrontation

I pretty sure that they are out of order and more tracks could be added...

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 10:32 AM
12. Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale

I feel like a twit.

evenflow
03-19-2002, 10:40 AM
I hate the way the companies try to make more money with the four covers.

pthfnder89
03-19-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
I hate the way the companies try to make more money with the four covers.

Doesn't really bother me. I'm only going to buy the one I like best. Other than that, it's about the music on the CD, not the covers.

Co Jo-Da
03-19-2002, 03:48 PM
I'm just going to pick the cover I like the most just like with LotR, I like the different covers. It gives consumers more choices...

Lord Tenebrous
03-21-2002, 06:36 PM
The large scans don't really make me any more enthused about the specialty covers.

Yoda and Jango suffer from a CG feel. Yoda's clothes look fine, but they made him too big, particularly the head. A different shot might have had a much better effect.

The Anakin/Padme special doesn't feel romantic. Sure, you've got the stars, but Anakin looks like he's going to kill somebody, and Padme's a cleaner version of the "back view" picture, and you can see blood on her arm.

I don't like the movie poster, so what am I supposed to do, other than save $16 that I can spend on anger management classes. :p

Co Jo-Da
03-25-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
I don't like the movie poster, so what am I supposed to do, other than save $16 that I can spend on anger management classes. :p

Wow you too?:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

JEDIpartner
03-25-2002, 09:42 PM
Have you not been paying attention...? Jeepers!!! It was a mistranslation of a French article about a different singer singing the title song for a television show with "Clones" in the title. :rolleyes: I thought this was sorted about 4 months ago! Hahahaha...

Co Jo-Da
03-26-2002, 12:22 AM
Sound Track Review ! ! !

01. Star Wars Main Title And Ambush On Coruscant - 03:46 - Bang! Star Wars theme! It continues to sound great, one cannot hear this music too often. :-) This version is nearly identical to the version on the TPM soundtrack, as the percussion seems to be slightly more present here as well compared to the intro's of the Original Trilogy. As far as the feeling of this number goes, it reminds of the entire first track of The Phantom Menace and the first track of Return of the Jedi. A sweeping medley of strings, surging and toning down until it falls away completely and everything goes quiet.

02. Across The Stars (Love Theme) - 05:33 - This is a track that will stay with you after the first time hearing it. No complicated melody, just very catching. This track is exactly right as it perfectly reflects the drama of the relationship of Anakin and Amidala. Not a bittersweet melody, instead heavy and foreboding. The upsurges of the orchestra are fantastic and the music sounds grand as the complete orchestra is playing. Then slowly returning to single instruments, including the harp that softly repeats the theme. It's perfect, I cannot hear this often enough. This number will also be released as a single and hopefully we will soon see it on MTV or other local Music channels.

03. Zam The Assassin And The Chase Through Coruscant - 11:07 - A lot of percussion in this number. It starts with a driving drumbeat, falling quiet and welling up again. It reminds a lot of the music from Empire Strikes Back. Upsurges of the orchestra, chaos. All goes quiet, returning to action, with full orchestra taking turns with a single instrument; the chase has commenced. There's even an electric guitar in this track! Fast rythms follow eachother, with everything sounding pretty chaotic, reminding of the music Williams wrote for the T-Rex finale in "Jurassic Park" and the chase music from "The Lost World".

04. Yoda And The Younglings - 03:55 - This track reminds me of a sweet version of JarJar's theme and the Harry Potter music. The Love Theme "Across The Stars" makes a small appearance as does Yoda's theme! There's even a soft choir in this track, reminding of several passages from "Hook" and "AI: Artificial Intelligence". The Force Theme also shows its face, and back again to the greater version of the Love Theme, that now shortly reminds of Anakin leaving his mother Shmi in The Phantom Menace. Overall it's a peaceful track that emanates the typical wisdom of Yoda.

05. Departing Coruscant - 01:44 - The music starts with an alternative version of the Coruscant theme, followed by some moody background music with the Force Theme returning again in a milder version. Then an upsurge of the music and we have left Coruscant.

06. Anakin And Padme - 03:56 - This track starts with a flute, calmly and soothing, softly introducing the Love Theme, followed by some variations of the Love Theme - the rest of the orchestra slowly starts to play along. Then the music builds up and fades away again.

07. Jango's Escape - 03:48 - Action, the orchestra starts with a strong rythm, typical for John Williams action music. It reminds of the Escape from Naboo track from The Phantom Menace. Lots of percussion and woodwinds. Then it goes quiet and we hear "source-music" - arabic sounding - and the number quietly comes to an end.

08. The Meadow Picnic - 04:14 - This is the music you can hear accompanying the waterfall scenes in the Forbidden Love teaser trailer. Calm upbeat music, sounding very common. Slowly the music becomes a bit more serious only to return to be being playful. Then the orchestra swells up with a masterly cheerful version of the Love Theme. Then the music stops and we seem to be hearing an alternative version of the Boba Fett theme from Empire Strikes Back, and a darker undertone in the music appears. The complete atmosphere of the second part of this number reminds of Empire Strikes Back.

09. Bounty Hunters Pursuit - 03:23 - We continue where track 7 left off. Back to the action music. It also reminds of the action music of The Phantom Menace. No special themes, but supporting music, from shot to shot it seems. Then all goes quiet and dark moody music makes its entrance. The percussion returns and rises. And there is the Naboo invasion march from The Phantom Menace!

10. Return To Tatooine - 06:56 - Back to some calmer music. This also reminds me of the theme for Jar Jar and the Harry Potter soundtrack by Williams. Calmer and moody sounds that rise and fall. Yet the uncalm undertone returns, as if it's almost telling us: something isn't right, but what is it? It somewhat resembles the dark atmosphere of "AI: Artificial Intelligence". All of a sudden the Force theme returns, in full orchestra!!! On to Duel of the Fates!!! With full choir! This is heavy. I think I'm gonna cry ;-P

11. The Tusken Camp And The Homestead - 05:54 - The beginning sounds much like the Tatooine music from A New Hope. Very softly the orchestra is playing, both creepy and moody, with some calmer music following. After this the orchestra is slowly welling up, more and more intense. Chaos and wild music is relieved by respectively calmer music and once again the Imperial March! It's not hidden in another theme, it's just there, present. The music goes quiet again, builds up, a dark choir slowly wells up and fades away.

12. Love Pledge And The Arena - 08:29 - Heavy music, dramatical, the Love Theme is being played in several variations of the theme, rising to complete orchestra. It then becomes quiet and a threatening percussion starts to play, becoming more intense until it becomes what seems to be a march. It can be compared to a variation on the invasion march from The Phantom Menace, yet this one is more threatening. The march goes on for a while and several themes pass by. This is followed by faster rythmes with intervals of the Love Theme and the Force Theme.

13. Confrontation With Count Dooku And Finale - 10:48 - Dramatical beginning, the Force Theme in full force, then falling back into the background. Followed by that is the voice of a soprano, sounding very haunting. Then the Imperial March in full orchestra! Whoa!! This is sounding great!! On to the Love Theme, again in full orchestra, marvellous! And there we have the Star Wars theme! The end credits start! After the SW theme everything goes quiet and the Love Theme starts to play, several themes pass by, back to the Love Theme, and as it was with The Phantom Menace we end with a hint of The Imperial March.

14. On The Conveyor Belt (bonus track) - 03:07 - Creepy music, sounds like the Space Slug music from Empire Strikes Back, followed by fast percussion. This sounds like a creepy version of the Forrest Battle music from Return of the Jedi, albeit with less melody. Strange that this is the final song, in my opinion it belongs somewhere in the middle of the soundtrack.

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 11:26 AM
Here is an another review from JediNet.com (http://mediamgr.ugo.com/html.ng/size=1x1&affiliate=jedinet&channel=filmtv&subchannel=scifi&Network=affiliates&rating=g):

Star Wars Main Title and Ambush On Coruscant - 3:46
The main title theme that we've grown so accustomed to is present on this track until the 1:35 mark when it picks up for the first major scene of the movie. It then turns very dark and sorrowful. Wide sweeping chords are highlighted here with lighter sounding wind and string instruments, however darkness is the theme for this track as something tragic has occured in the film. The end of this track is not meant to be magical, to be light, or to be anything other than dark and tragic. A nice opening score for them film, which will ultimately set the tone.

Zam the Assassin and the Chase Through Coruscant - 11:07

The longest of the soundtrack offerings initiates with a very dark riff that goes into curious notes, with highpitched tones reminiscent of soundtracks of old. It picks up right around the 60 second mark and continues to become more exciting with quick notes and dark drum rolls. You can sense the danger of the chase in this song after the 1:30 mark as its pace increases dramatically. Picturing this track dubbed in with the action of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi chasing Zam Wesell through the skies and bowels of Coruscant is awesome. If you are aware of details of the chase you'll know what I'm talking about when you hear it.

At the 3:20 mark you get the electric guitar affect, which is astonishing. Its very interesting to hear the modernish effect of something electric in a William's score, and it only intensifies the urgency of this track. The 4:30 mark initiates a tribal drum beat, which is very different from that heard in the bonus Conveyor Belt track. The speed and urgency continues onward and the guitar sound appears again at the 5:15 mark. Familiar Star Wars sounds return around the 5:30 mark, but don't last for long as it returns to the Zam theme's urgent tone.

The track dies suddenly (tonewise) around the 8:30 mark, becomes real quiet and curious, and changes just a bit around the 10:00 mark. It never returns to it's state that ran through the 8:30 marks, which is sensible.

Yoda and the Younglings - 3:55

Complete with portions that resemble Across the Stars this is a lighthearted track that also has similarities with Yoda's them from The Empire Strikes Back. This track is much more of a common Star Wars track than Across the Stars, and it has a sense of intrigue and childishness to it. It definitely has more of a magical scheme to it. Right around the 3:20 mark you can hear some of the classic Force them before it climaxes at the 3:40 mark and ends. This should fit nicely into the background of the scene where Yoda is teaching the Jedi younglings of the Bear Clan.

Departing Coruscant - 1:44

The shortest song on the soundtrack shares items with the Love theme at the beginning, but also has the classic Force them to it as well. This is again what seems to be background music. It really goes too entirely quick, yet the climax does occur at the 1:23 minute mark. The track ends quickly after that with a stream of the harp.

Anakin and Padme - 3:57

The beginning of this track is very lighthearted, and one can tell that its meant to be that way given the song's purpose. It is very slow, and very soft. A classic slow theme that might very well be an alternate love them for the two youths it's named after. It's not as adventurous as Across the Stars, it's not dark, it's just classic Williams. This track builds until the 3:40 mark and abrubtly ends.

Jango's Escape - 3:48

Excitement from the start in this track. Very intense, very broad. You can hear the horns and the drums, mixed with bells and high pitches from time to time. This track has a down scale at the 1:26 mark which leads right back into the action defined by the previous part of the score. After the 2:00 mark it gets progressively more reminiscent of sounds that we've heard from the other films, but it's still quite independent soundwise, very much like the other tracks on the film. At the 3:12 mark it goes into what sounds like it's influenced by Arabian music, perhaps Middle Eastern/Asia influences. Fantastic track.

The Meadow Picnic - 4:14

Another love theme for the film. This theme runs in the background when Anakin and Padme are on an outing while at Padme's Lake Retreat on Naboo. It starts of very slowly, somewhat classic in design (think Authurian). Light violins, violas, and chellos, with bells and light horns in the background. At the 1:40 mark it jumps to a more playful tempo, which reminds me of the "Prince Charming" song from the Disney feature Beauty and the Beast. After that instance it takes a slower, more somber tone that continues for quite a bit, which descends for a bit until it picks up again towards the song's finale, which is a few seconds of quite peaceful notes.

Bounty Hunter's Pursuit - 3:23

Now this is a very exciting track. Designed for the chase featuring Obi-Wan and Jango Fett from Kamino to Geonosis this track is full of excitement and loud riffs. It falls out of its initial opening blows at the 0:51 mark, yet it never really backs off in terms of interest. The level and pitch falls, then ascends back and forth through the track. The excitement level drops off sharply until it rises again at the 2:48 mark into a very heavy Trade Federation-esque theme from Episode I. The beginning and ending of this track were the loudest and fastest pace so far. Very promising material.

Return to Tatooine - 6:57

Starting softly with a bit of the Middle Eastern sounds that we've heard in previous tracks this song is lighthearted when it begins, with flutes and string instruments accompanied by a few deep horn sounds. This track is very slow, and is almost void of any tempo pickups. It jumps from light to dark, with the horn sounds playing most of the role in determining the character of the track. There are areas that are reminiscent of some of the notes which appeared on the original Star Wars soundtrack, all of which make you think of Tatooine. There are no standout portions however.

The Tusken Camp and the Homestead - 5:54

Starting with percussion and shallow horns which are tribal this track is interesting because of the role it plays in the film. The tribal tones offer more to the song's character than some may know. The 1:50 mark brings in familiar longing Force sounds from tracks of old. At the 2:40 mark it jumps in tempo sharply. With a sense of urgency brought on by high sounds and deep horns. It builds up again to a dark tone around the 5:10 mark and very deep vocal sounds can be heard. It may be an Oboe or related instrument, but it's hard to tell.

Love Pledge and The Arena - 8:29

This song is very dynamic, it starts of low and shallow, but builds to resemble the love them at the 0:50 mark. Curious notes arrive around the 2:00 mark, arriving before it hits a very strong Imperial/Federation theme at the 2:46. This is very similar to the strong music we heard when the Federation invaded Naboo in Episode I, but much more intense and dynamic. This track mixes the Across the Stars music in again around the 6:15 mark, but it doesn't last for long as it dives right back into the urgent sounding and foreboding music that ran throughout a majority of the song. Very intense.

Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale - 10:45

Starting with a deep Force them this song rises for a few seconds before becoming dark. Vocals appear at the 1:19 mark, which are highly pitched, and not as dominant as the vocals in Duel of the Fates (thankfully), the vocals last until about the 1:50 mark, and the track moves on to flute and wind instrument sounds. At the 2:50 mark it begins to build again, growing stronger into an IMPERIAL MARCH theme - it then moves back to the Across the Stars-type chords. It ends and starts the classic ending title credit music at 4:46. The end title music also contains portions of the love theme Across The Stars in it as well.

You'll have to hear this one folks, just the Imperial March theme portion will have you begging for more.

On The Conveyor Belt (Bonus Track) - 3:02
Designed for the series of scenes where Padme and Anakin are inside the Geonosis droid factories this is a tribal-themed song. With interesting drum beats and wind instruments at the beginning which is lead to a series of strong horns after a harp strum. It sounds as if it is supposed to be dangerous in nature, however to me it sounds more comical than anything. Perhaps it is attempting to mimic the classic Looney Tunes themes from assembly lines, hectic chaos with a dash of excitement. Right around the 2:20 mark there is a hint of danger, which is followed by more loud percussion blasts, which eventually leads to the tracks final. I, for one, hope that since this is a bonus track that it didn't make it into the film. Unless of course, they do some ingenious cutting and editing on it.

As far as an overall impression goes, this has to be the best Star Wars sountrack since The Empire Strikes Back. I realize that the associations between Attack of the Clones and Empire have gone overboard, but in terms of music there is no comparison. This soundtrack is fresh, inviting, imaginative, and very enjoyable. Williams' AOTC score is a relief from the Phantom Menace score, and the lack of dominant voices is welcome.

browndroid
03-26-2002, 11:33 AM
cool! i'll be getting the Jango one

Lord Tenebrous
03-26-2002, 07:32 PM
If Confrontation and Finale is any indication of anything, then this is going to be a fabulous soundtrack. It's lost some of that brassy edge, and it has a symphonic darkness to its tone.

I love this new theme, da, da dah-dah-dah dahhh-dah. Oh, hell, 10 second Fair Use. :)

NesteaFett
03-26-2002, 09:45 PM
Awe, Across the Stars. Beautiful theme if I say so myself. Finally, got the entire soundtrack. Awesome! That's all I have to say. Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale, off the hook. We here Imperial March and it rocks. If you don't mind spoiling yourself I'd go download it.

PloKoon2385
03-26-2002, 11:47 PM
I hate decisions... I might just have to buy them all... over time. Argg. Expensive! I dunno. I know I will buy the Jango... and maybe the Yoda... possibly the duo... and eventually the movie poster...:confused: :rolleyes: :crazed:

PloKoon2385
03-26-2002, 11:51 PM
I like the AOTC theme! It sounds tragic. How did the people who have it get the entire soundtrack? It isn't released is it? How!?:confused:

JEDIpartner
03-27-2002, 11:20 AM
It will also help the sales numbers and get the AOTC soundtrack certified platinum as fast as *NSync or Brittney Spears has in the last year. Smart move on Sony's part.

NesteaFett
03-27-2002, 11:28 AM
Plokloon, just check the usual places you would find songs. Not Kazaa though. I'm trying to keep the site on a down lo in case others are watching. If you want I'll PM it. It's not a hard place to figure out though.

PloKoon2385
03-27-2002, 04:34 PM
I don't know any music sites, is there a way you could just send me the files? TheFly2385@aol.com

Tycho
03-28-2002, 12:15 AM
This is the best soundtrack I've heard from a Star Wars movie, or even from John Williams in a while! He's still the greatest. (Love the movie "The Patriot" but John didn't do so well, save for the main battle theme).

I love the Love Theme - "stars!" It's so darn good, I can hear it even when it's not playing. I'm thinking about writing my own reviews for this soundtrack right now, but I'm also thinking about going to Wal*Mart for the overnight stocking for "you know what."

Just had to chime in that I love the soundtrack!

Co Jo-Da
03-28-2002, 12:22 AM
I love the 'Across the Stars' too but to can't wait to see thousands of CloneTroopers on Coruscant with the new variation of the Imperial March heard in 'Confrontation with Count Dooku and Finale', man this is going to be AWESOME...

Pendo
03-28-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
I don't know any music sites, is there a way you could just send me the files? TheFly2385@aol.com

Could someone PLEASE send me the files too? I was downloading them off a website but halfway through they were removed :(

PENDO!

Pendo
03-28-2002, 08:53 AM
I've found three of the tracks (Yoda And the Younglings, Departing Coruscant, Confrontation With Count Dooku and Finale) but I can't find any more around the net. If anyone knows anywhere I can download them all from please tell me.

PENDO!

P.S. the tracks I do have sound cool, but different to anything we've ever heared in Star Wars. Is that new theme in the tracks the Across the Stars theme?

PloKoon2385
03-28-2002, 05:16 PM
Help me! I don't understand any of the "download and mp3 and music" jazz. So, I would LOVE you (to a certain degrees) if someone would send me the files! I want to hear it so bad! :crazed:

NesteaFett
03-28-2002, 06:43 PM
Hey, Plokoon, I started sending the files last night. I'm still sending though.

PloKoon2385
03-28-2002, 11:10 PM
You sent them? I didn't get anything... hmm.... Thanks! I appreciate it very much. When is the CD released?

Pendo
03-29-2002, 08:57 AM
Well my "Ep2 track hunt" has nearly come to an end. I've got all but two tracks. If anyone knows where I could get tracks 3 and 14 (Zam the Assassin and the Chase through Coruscant, On The Conveyor Belt) from would you please tell me?
Iif you have them on your computer could you please send me them? Thanx!

PENDO!

PloKoon2385
03-29-2002, 03:32 PM
Hey Pendo, do you think you could hook me up with the ones you have? TheFly2385@aol.com

Thanks!:D

Pendo
03-31-2002, 06:25 AM
I've FINALY got all the tracks :)

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
04-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Okie dokie... I read at TF.N :Pirate: that Best Buy will be giving out an exclusive collector's card with the purchase of the AOTC soundtrack. In the very same article they mentioned that Wal*Mart is getting a bonus track. I thought there was already a "bonus track" with the "Conveyor Belt" track appended to the end. Does this mean the Wal*Mart version is going to have TWO bonus tracks on it? This is the first time I've heard this. Does anyone have a clue???

I didn't know where I should put this thread since it's about AOTC, but isn't a spoiler or a non-spoiler. :confused: :(

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 01:32 PM
That sounds a little fishy. Why would WM get a different CD than other retailers? There are already going to be four different covers, I can't imagine a second CD just for one store. I'll go over to TFN and check it out too. :confused:

Mike Troxell
04-16-2002, 02:57 PM
There have been two Bonus Track rumors...

1) Only on the Limited Edition (i.e. non-Struzan) discs
2) Only at Wal-Mart

A member of JWFan.net message boards got a copy of the Non-Limited disc and the bonus track isn't on there. So one of the two above is correct....which sucks :/

It certainly isn't unprecedented for a CD to have store-exclusive bonus tracks. I can't remember off the top of my head, but there is quite a bit of good discussion on the matter at JWFan.net. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
04-16-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike Troxell
There have been two Bonus Track rumors...

1) Only on the Limited Edition (i.e. non-Struzan) discs
2) Only at Wal-Mart

Mike, please elaborate. What the heck is this non-Struzan disc? And are there two different bonus tracks? One on a limited edition disc and one sold at WM? So are we looking at 8 different discs here (4 different covers; 1 set w/bonus and one set w/o)?

What bugs me is that the music company (or is it Lucasfilm) will put out two different CDs like they did with EP1. One with just some music and a second set later on with the complete soundtrack. LOTR DVD is doing something similar. Crap, can't they just say they are putting one incomplete, but cheaper, one out now and that X weeks or months later another more complete, but costlier, version will be released? If I knew that for EP1 I would have held off until the ultimate soundtrack had been released.

El Chuxter
04-16-2002, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
That sounds a little fishy. Why would WM get a different CD than other retailers? There are already going to be four different covers, I can't imagine a second CD just for one store. I'll go over to TFN and check it out too. :confused:

MC, I wish it weren't the case, but Target, Best Buy, and Wal-Mart are notorious for getting free bonus discs and extra tracks to entice customers. I'll wait until I get some word on what's what, which should be in the newspaper on April 21 if we've not heard by then.

derek
04-16-2002, 04:46 PM
this is highly possible. as an example, the smashing pumpkins greatest hits at best buy was a 2 disc set with bonus tracks. at walmart, it was just a single disc. so this wouldn't suprise me one bit.

Mike Troxell
04-16-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Mike, please elaborate. What the heck is this non-Struzan disc? And are there two different bonus tracks? One on a limited edition disc and one sold at WM? So are we looking at 8 different discs here (4 different covers; 1 set w/bonus and one set w/o)?

Drew Struzan is the artist who painted the poster for Episode II. The non-Struzan discs are the three "Limited Edition" covers of Yoda, Jango, and Anakin/Padme.

There aren't two different bonus tracks--there are two rumors as to which the bonus track is exclusive--either on only the Limited Edition discs (i.e. not Drew Struzan's poster) or only at Wal-Mart/Best Buy. It is certainly an exclusive and no matter which disc it is on, it won't be listed on the back I don't believe...

EDIT: I direct you to this link. http://www.jwfan.de/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3cbce7093861ffff;act=ST;f=1;t=1145

Mandalorian Candidat
04-17-2002, 10:08 AM
Thanks for elaborating Mike. However, I want to direct your attention to the website SSG linked to in the news section that has the entire soundtrack available for download (http://www.lfchosting.com/simpol/soundtrack.htm) by track. They list the conveyor belt track as the bonus track, but don't mention anything about it being exclusive to the character-cover CDs or for WM/Best Buy only. Maybe it's a oversight on their part, but why press two different CDs with the only difference being the inclusion of one 3 minute track which may or may not be listed with the other tracks?

JEDIpartner
04-17-2002, 10:15 AM
I'm even more confused than before!!! Somebody clear this up as woon as possible. I am NOT buy two copies of the soundtrack... only to have to buy another later when the "FULL" version is available.

bigbarada
04-17-2002, 11:04 AM
I agree, I'll buy one version now, bonus track or not, to tide me over until the Ultimate version comes out. Which hopefully won't be for a little while. If the Ultimate version is released too soon, I'm going to feel hosed.

I know what everybody is thinking, if you plan to buy the Ultimate version anyway, why not download it onto your computer instead of buying an unnecessary disc? Simple, because I would like to listen to it without all the stuttering and skipping and warbling that my computer does to all music files.

Starfig873
04-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Wow, seems this is getting overly confusing. :p And here I wanted the CD with the nice poster art...alas I may have to get the Jango cover insted.

JetsAndHeels
04-17-2002, 12:03 PM
Personally I dont care as long as I have the basic soundtrack. And as long as I can get my Jango cover. If I happen to get one without the bonus tracks, I can always get one later if I want.

2-1B
04-19-2002, 01:18 AM
Is the album being released on the Sony Classical label?

Best Buy has a nice deal going with Columbia (owned by Sony) in which they get some albums with bonus track(s). I made sure to get the recent Mellencamp and Aerosmith discs at Best Buy for this reason, and it seems more likely to me that Best Buy would get the bonus track.

But I'm not saying that Wal-Mart won't be getting the bonus track. :D

"Dangerous and difficult, this puzzle is."

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 10:58 AM
Okay... has ANYONE gotten the soundtrack and found out which one has the bonus track??? After all... it is 11h59 EST...!!

2-1B
04-23-2002, 12:08 PM
El Chuxter just reported in another thread that it's the Target version with the bonus track. My Wal-Mart version has an exclusive screensaver. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 12:30 PM
Well... CRAP!!! I'll take the extra track!

2-1B
04-23-2002, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed. Oh well, I'll wait until I see the movie and if I really like the music from that track I can always pick up a limited edition version at Target (I bought the poster art cover :) )

Cool spoiler dialogue in the liner notes, I obviously won't discuss here but there's one line that shows a scene I never even heard about. :)

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Niiiiiice!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-23-2002, 01:20 PM
I picked mine up last night at WM, but I'm waiting to see the movie first before I open it up. Now I hear that Target is selling the version with the bonus track. Since my computer monitor is on energy-saver mode, I think I can do without the screensaver and just get the one with the extra music.

SithDroid
04-23-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
El Chuxter just reported in another thread that it's the Target version with the bonus track. My Wal-Mart version has an exclusive screensaver. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter is correct. I have seen both of them and the Target version claims to have the bonus track while the Wal-Mart only has a bonus screensaver. However, I forgot to look at Best Buys AOTC Soundtrack when I was there. Does anyone know if there is something special about the Best Buy soundtrack?

bigbarada
04-23-2002, 08:36 PM
I bought the Wal-Mart version; but only because there is no Target or Best Buy in my area.:mad: I'm really not too worried about the bonus track, as it will probably be included in the Ultimate Edition of the Ep2 soundtrack, which we should get in about a year or so.

Mike Troxell
04-23-2002, 10:12 PM
This comes from a gent at JWFan.net named IndySolo. There are three store exclusives.

SK 89932 - standard release
SK 89965 - Target release (with bonus track)
SK 89989 - WalMart release (with screen saver)
SK 89990 - Best Buy release (with collector's card)

I got the Target release because the music is what matters to me most, and CD-ROM features bug the nuts out of me.

Co Jo-Da
04-24-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by Mike Troxell
SK 89965 - Target release (with bonus track)

What 'BONUS TRACK'???

Bel-Cam Jos
04-24-2002, 10:44 AM
I picked up the Jango cover at Target last night. I plan to listen to it, but try not to read any linear notes or even song titles! (Don't know how effective that will be... ) I'll edit this post after I listen to the Bonus Track.

Pendo
04-24-2002, 10:49 AM
AND WHAT DO US FOLKS IN THE UK GET!?!?! All the bonus stuff only appears in US shops, but what about us in the UK do we only get the standard release???

PENDO!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-24-2002, 11:09 AM
Pendo, exclusives suck! Even we who get them should realize that eventually there will be other places that receive other limited items we won't get. Is that the way to thank and reward the fans? By leaving some out? Booo!!!! :frus: :mad:

But here goes. The Bonus Track is #14 (well, 13 songs plus a bonus one... ). It's about 3 minutes long. It reminds me more of John Williams' Indiana Jones work. It has a lot of drums, bongos and bass drums. It begins kinda like the "Rats" song from IJ and the Last Crusade, then has a chase scene-type high energy part that seems like the "Marketplace" from Raiders. It's not bad, but trying not to read the CD stuff means I can't tell you the title, if it even is printed anywhere. Track #13 has a lot of the "Imperial March," so I suspect Sith or something sinister will appear in that part of the movie (duh, Bel-Cam!). :rolleyes:

JetsAndHeels
04-24-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid

Does anyone know if there is something special about the Best Buy soundtrack?

I bought my copy at Best Buy, and the only thing that makes it different is it comes with an exclusive trading card. My card had the scene where Anakin and Obi Wan are running down the corridor to duel with Count Dooku. A nice looking card, limited to 500,000 I believe.
But other than that, it is the basic soundtrack.

bigbarada
04-24-2002, 08:25 PM
Is it just me or are there electric guitars being used on Track 3?(I'm not mentioning the title cuz I know Bel-Cam doesn't want to hear it)

Pretty cool, if you ask me, and it fits the Coruscant setting. Not saying that I want a Star Wars soundtrack sounding like it was written by Joe Satriani; but it is nice for a little bit of diversity.

Jedi Clint
04-24-2002, 08:29 PM
Indeed there are. I thought it was a nice touch as well. :)

Pendo
04-25-2002, 10:15 AM
For those living in the UK, SWMovies.Net (http://www.swmovies.net) have an interesting report on our version of the soundtrack. Click here (http://www.swmovies.net/episode-ii/news/200204/#020424,2145,00186) for more.

PENDO!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2002, 10:15 AM
Well, it lasted only a short time. I peeked. No real "spoiler" titles, unless you consider #7 "Jango's Escape" one. I guess he gets away in some scene. :rolleyes: Yeah, I thought those were electric guitars, too. Kinda reminded me of a manga-type scene, or the Flash Gordon movie.

A new question: for those of you who've opened your CDs, what do the various covers have for the picture on the CD itself? I have the Jango cover, and the CD has Slave-1 in the asteroid field. What about the Padme/Anakin, Struzan art, and Yoda covers?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-25-2002, 12:00 PM
I bought one soundtrack from WM and one from Target because I was really indesicive about which feature was better. My buddy who opened his from WM tells me that on the 13th track it doesn't give a title name when playing under Windows Media Player. He also told me that after letting it play the final credits music, it breaks out into another track. Does anyone else with a WM disc have this as well? Is that how the Target disc works also, or do you actually get 14 distinct tracks showing up on the track counter?

I'm wondering if they all have the bonus track, but only Target discs show up #14 as a separate track.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-27-2002, 02:51 PM
Any of the CDs I have that had bonus tracks just continued after the last track was supposed to end (i.e. the ANH:SE extra "Star Wars" themes on Disk 1). The timer kept going, and it still said the number of the last non-bonus song. I listened to the AOTC CD on a different CD player that doesn't have a changing timer, so I don't know if it does that. I never saw "Track 14" at all.

Pendo
04-29-2002, 11:38 AM
The soundtrack was released in the UK today and IT COMES WITH THE BONUS TRACK :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!! I don't know if there is one with the screensaver or whatever features they had on them!
I can now listen to all the tracks on my CD player instead of on my crappy computer.

PENDO!