PDA

View Full Version : Jedi training class

Casual George
03-14-2002, 05:55 PM
O.K. Hasbro how 'bout a mutil figure playset with Yoda and some young Jedi in training?:cool:

Tycho
03-14-2002, 06:02 PM
I might buy that, but no thanks - for right now.

If they want to do another young Jedi figure, make OBI-WAN 13 years old as he appears in the Jedi Apprentice books. Have him come with the training remote and helmet shown here, plus his lightsaber, and let collectors and diorama makers as well as EU fans do whatever they want with it.

These kids are too young. With the helmet and an Anakin Naboo figure from the E1 Ceremony scene, you could easily customize some of these kids.

Beast
03-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I might buy that, but no thanks - for right now.
Agreed Tycho, it's cool but not high on my priority list for figures, right now. Besides, if Hasbro wants to do some kid figures other then E1 Anakin and E2 Boba, how about giving us collectors our often requested, E1 Kitster and Wald (2-pack).

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
03-14-2002, 06:15 PM
Mmm - yeah! Kitster and Wald. Good idea!

I want them for my Pod Racing Arena!

InsaneJediGirl
03-14-2002, 06:23 PM
Orginally Posted by Tycho
If they want to do another young Jedi figure, make OBI-WAN 13 years old as he appears in the Jedi Apprentice books. Have him come with the training remote and helmet shown here, plus his lightsaber, and let collectors and diorama makers as well as EU fans do whatever they want with it.

Great idea Tycho.I would like to see some more EU figures.It
would not be that hard to customize the 13 year old Obi-Wan
into a "generic jedi" figure.

As for the playset..I'd rather build my own,it would probably
cost me less

evenflow
03-14-2002, 08:08 PM
I think it is a good idea. I wouldn't mind seeing a few done. Maybe one 2-pack of the mini Jedi.

Unit-01
03-14-2002, 08:51 PM
There is atleast 2 or more alien children in there.

Jargo
03-14-2002, 09:19 PM
How do you work that one out? Where's the alien kids in that picture? all i see is human kids.

If they ever make a baby Jedi figure it'll probably pack with a Yoda. Can't see a two-pack of baby Jedi selling that well to be honest. You'd need to pack it with a known hot potato like Yoda.
If it meant getting a standard posed Yoda then I'd consider buying it.

Jargo
03-14-2002, 09:22 PM
Forgot to attach the damn image.....:rolleyes: enjoy if you haven't seen this yet. Yoda magic.

LTBasker
03-15-2002, 01:53 AM
Well those helmets look like over-sized bike helmets but the interesting part is they also look like the Death Star Trooper helmets.

The idea of a kid with a lightsaber, weird.

I'd rather not see any of these kids as figures, as they would probably come encased in a choconite cloak. :rolleyes:

Tycho
03-15-2002, 03:19 AM
I thought they looked like Rebel Fleet Trooper helmets, sort of. Maybe they are even closer to them than they appear, too!

Remember, kids have smaller heads than do the Tantive IV's defenders!

Beast
03-15-2002, 03:31 AM
It actually reminds me of the kid in the helmet from the Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back DVD in the deleted scenes. Ya know, the one on the bus that flips Jay off and says "**** you, little kid." That was utterly hilarious. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-15-2002, 07:47 AM
What do you think of their wee lightsabers? Makes sense, but at what point do they upgrade? And how many sizes of blades are available?

Or do they take a baseball approach and just "choke up" on the hilt a bit :D ?

LTBasker
03-15-2002, 08:18 AM
Well, considering they would mostly likely build the hilt to be a good size for their hands to handle, and they're most likely just training lightsabers, the power source could be weaker so the blade doesn't go as far as the ones we've seen.

Who knows, they could even just be basic training lightsabers that they don't even build and are there so they can get a lowdown on it, however if they did build them, it would give them a better know of what to do to build another if they lose one.

On the helmets, the RFT helmets are stretched a bit, these a more rounder, like the DST helmets. There are a lot of differences though, so they probably just happen to be similar.

Tycho
03-15-2002, 08:54 AM
Slightly off the subject, but Basker - I like your new helmet on your icon. Perfect blend of Star Wars and Star Trek fandom as always, but you've upgraded the Star Wars look for the 21st Century. Nice!!!

General Veers
03-15-2002, 10:33 AM
Yeah nice new look LTBasker! I actually wouldn't mind a jedi training playset, but not right now.:)

corporal AMF
03-18-2002, 04:11 PM
Why Obi wan is wearing the same helmet as the kids?
:confused:

Tycho
03-18-2002, 04:28 PM
I think that is a picture of Ewan McGreggor in costume "trying to make himself feel younger!"

Or Yoda sent him back for re-training. "Take Skywalker as a padawan you did? Huh! Your mind lost, it is! Re-training do you require!"

corporal AMF
03-18-2002, 04:53 PM
Right, maybe a shot from Ep III:
OBIWan, your padawan will tear the republic apart, eliminate the jedi and buy a cool bright black suit....you failed! Go back to school!!
I guess that's way vader said to luke:
Obi Wan had thought you well....not like me!:D

Unit-01
03-19-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
How do you work that one out? Where's the alien kids in that picture? all i see is human kids.

This pic here.
HERE (http://www.afn.org/~afn50110/sw/66.jpg)

Jargo
03-19-2002, 07:49 PM
AAAAAH! Now I see. I just posted this same pic in the spoilers section for episode two down yonder. Although mine is from a magazine an not nearly the same clear quality. I believe the Jedi babies are called Younglings.According to the track listing of the soundtrack that is. They have their own theme apparently.

The closest one looks a little like a baby nikto to me and the other one seems like something from Farscape - Skarran.

these alien Jedi babies will make great figures with a little Yoda. Or just on their own in a 2-pack. This I can see being produced or not. Since we're still waiting for a Kitster and Wald from episode one..... :rolleyes:

Where did this pic come from if you don't mind me asking?

Unit-01
03-19-2002, 10:20 PM
Right here. (http://www.afn.org/~afn50110/sw/)