PDA

View Full Version : Next release... Other lines

Runobot
08-27-2001, 04:57 PM
Reissued Transformers!!! Start with Soundwave, Shockwave, and Prowl!

PLEASE!

Oh, is this the wrong board?:confused:

evenflow
08-27-2001, 05:00 PM
I would say this is the wrong board. But since this is the topic,

I'd like to see these lines redone:

Indiana Jones
Thundercats

they would go great with the new He-man line that will be coming out.

El Chuxter
08-27-2001, 05:18 PM
How about complete resculpts of classic Transformers, so they look like the original characters (only more detailed) and have the poseability of the new figures?

GNT
08-31-2001, 03:39 AM
I'd like to see Hasbro release them again,same as the originals :) But knowing Hasbro They wont

Runobot
09-01-2001, 04:12 PM
The Japanese Transformer reissues are kinda expensive. I just bought a Starscream reissue off ebay for $35 (including S&H). I just had to get it though, I could not wait to see if they are rerelasing them in the states as well.

I just saw those He-man figures. All I can say is damn, they are AWESOME!!!

Too bad we can't get SW figures like that! :(

Runobot
09-01-2001, 04:13 PM
Oh, hell yeah, Thundercats resculpted like the new He-Man figures. Now we're talking.

Lobito
09-04-2001, 08:47 PM
Besides the transformers, i would like to see some Battle Star Gallactica figures.

Runobot
09-07-2001, 10:48 PM
Battle Star Galactica? Wow, to each his own I guess. I used to dig those bad guy robots though. I had one with a light up eye...

3 more lines for you, these REALLY do not need to be redone:

What about the Silver Hawks?

Gobots?

She-RA!!!(in honor of the new He-Man, haha)

bigbarada
09-08-2001, 12:08 AM
I think a Battlestar Galactica line would be pretty cool. I'd love to have a Cylon figure that's to scale with a Stormtrooper figure.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-10-2001, 02:23 AM
I fear a new Battlestar Galactica line of toys as I was personally shot in the eye by my cousin with a Colonial Viper in the late 70's.

GNT
09-10-2001, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Dan Kenobi
I fear a new Battlestar Galactica line of toys as I was personally shot in the eye by my cousin with a Colonial Viper in the late 70's.

Are you the reason why we didn't get Rocket firing Fett? :rolleyes: ;)

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-10-2001, 11:41 PM
No way, man! I didn't tell no one but my mom!!!

GNT
09-12-2001, 02:36 AM
No way, man! I didn't tell no one but my mom!!!

I have to ask are you telling the truth? :confused:

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-12-2001, 05:49 PM
Yes, it is the God's-honest truth. It was Christmas at my grandma's house, and I was like, four. I clearly remember the room I was in, and a couple of my older cousins had gotten the Viper and Cylon fighter ships. I really don't remember which one I got shot with, or even which cousin it was, ( I have about five older male cousins on that side) but I remember it hurt a lot. Those things were wicked. Guess I was lucky, though. I still have my eye.

Eternal Padawan
09-12-2001, 11:39 PM
Obi Dan...you ARE aware of the small child out in Clifornia who was permanently wounded by a BattleStar galactica toy in the late 70's that led to the demise of that toyline and an overhaul of safety standards in toys, of which the Non-firing Fett was a direct result, right?

And they did redo Battlestar toys a few years back. I remember toying (pun not intended) with the idea of buying an electronic light and sound Viper on clearance at KB...It's only been a couple years.

I want cool new Shogun Warriors!!! Now those'll take out a kids eye!!! yeah!!!

bigbarada
09-13-2001, 12:14 AM
"Remember the good ol' days when a toy could kill a kid?"-Jerry Seinfeld, what episode I don't remember.

EP, I always thought that kid actually choked and died on that BG projectile. At least that's the way it was reported in Steve Sansweet's book From Concept to Screen to Collectible.:confused:

Eternal Padawan
09-13-2001, 01:16 AM
Yeah. That might be it. Either way, the way Obi Dan was joking about it, I wasn't sure if he was aware of it. I know GNT knew the story and couldn't believe Obi Dan was joking about it. Hence his reaction to Obi Dan's "I got shot" joke...

JediTricks
09-13-2001, 12:39 PM
Yes, the kid shot it into his mouth, it was under 2 inches long and so it lodged in his windpipe (over 2 inches and apparently, it won't be able to make the big downward turn to lodge in the windpipe as easily or permanently) and the child died. Since that incident, spring-loaded projectiles on children's toys have had government safety regulations requiring them to be well over 2 inches in length and not strong enough to shoot through 3 sheets of aluminum foil.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
09-13-2001, 04:48 PM
Yeah, I'm aware of the incident. That's why I was lucky! And I'm not joking, I got shot in the eye with one of those things! That's also why all the Transformers had missles that slid out of the launchers instead of launching. You would think they would have totally re-designed those things before releasing them in the US. I mean those projectiles were pretty small, whether they shot or not. The line about not telling anyone was a joke, as in I was denying that I was the reason we didn't get a rocket-firing Fett like GNT implied, which I'm sure was also a joke. I was just returning the joke. No offense implied. But I did get shot with one, honest, and it hurt.

And how come it's okay to have tiny little guns or Lego pieces that are small and long? Or does the safety warning printed on toys cover that so toy companies are off the hook? Still seems like it could be dangerous.

Eternal Padawan
09-14-2001, 01:38 AM

JediTricks
09-14-2001, 12:53 PM
And how come it's okay to have tiny little guns or Lego pieces that are small and long? Or does the safety warning printed on toys cover that so toy companies are off the hook? Still seems like it could be dangerous. Lego sets with pieces that are a choking hazard have a very clear age requirement and choking warning printed on the packaging, so between the older age issue and the printed warnings, it's fully compliant with federal regulations. Lego toys for younger children are larger in order to pose no risk.

Lobito
09-14-2001, 01:38 PM
Yes, i remember the DUPLOS, it was a lego version for smaller kids, this toys pieces were very huge at least 3 times the size of a big 8 lego block or brick. I dont know if they still make Duplos though.

El Chuxter
09-14-2001, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

EP, did I miss something? :)