PDA

View Full Version : celebrity boxing on FOX

derek
03-14-2002, 07:59 PM
did any of yall watch this? i usually hate "reality" shows, and i don't care for "real" boxing, but this was the funniest thing i have seen in a while. i can't believe what a wuss vanilla ice is. i know every one thinks he's a joke and all, but he fights like a damn girl!

and it was hilarious seeing danny partridge whip up on greg brady.

the paula jones/tanya harding fight was just sad. what were they thinking with that one?

SWAFMAN
03-14-2002, 08:57 PM
I didn't see it, but I do know that Bonaduce has been competent in martial arts since the 1980s. Back then he was an aggressive and fairly well-disciplined fighter. I kinda would have liked to see him fight Greg Brady. In a shamelessly trailer-park sorta way, I'd also have liked to see Harding smack the snot out of Paula Jones.

And, did you hear that original girlfight was supposed to be Harding and Amy Fisher - the "long Island lolita" of Joey Butafucco fame? Fisher had to drop out when her parole officer refused to let her appear in the fight.

I think that a televised Harding-Fisher bout would definitely have to be one of those Nostradamus-type events that signal the coming of the end of Western culture.

JediTricks
03-14-2002, 09:09 PM
It was pure Fox! I was surprised to see Harding in such good shape. It was really sad to see Paula Jones turning around and running away though, but Fox knows how to really milk quality TV (I didn't say WHAT quality ;)).

SWAFMAN
03-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Paula Jones is going to be on Fox News Channel Hannity & Colmes in a few minutes to talk about her fight last night....

Fulit
03-14-2002, 09:58 PM
My wife and I attemtped to watch this travesty last night. Right before the Paula Jones/Tonya Harding bout, Fox cut out on our TV. It was the only fight we wanted to see, to see Jones get her *** kicked. We called my in-laws and they still had Fox. Interestingly enough, Paula Jones happens to live in Cabot, about 20 miles from me. My wife and I think it was some sort of conspiracy on her part to keep her loss from being shown to our area. See, we have satellite TV, so we don't get local channels like Fox except on rabbit ears. The inlaws have cable, so they get Fox on that. We figure she couldn't knock out cable.

I might go up to her house and yell at her about it, people go by there all the time, she just sits on the front porch in a swing. :rolleyes:

Jayspawn
03-15-2002, 12:33 AM
I'm a big fan of Danny Bonaduce. I've met him before and he's really cool. Did he beat Barry Williams? I missed it. I figure he did because he's in great shape.

hamsterboy
03-15-2002, 02:11 AM
Maybe Danny should think about a boxing career now that he's 2-0.:D

LTBasker
03-15-2002, 02:16 AM
I would say some very mean comments about FOX on this, but it could've been worse, they could've been fighting in their underwear like MTV's Lingere (I have no idea how to spell that, heh) Wrestling.

However, even if it wasn't as bad as that, it's still a sad idea, I'd rather see real entertainment shows with creativity and originality.

SWAFMAN
03-15-2002, 05:49 PM
Jayspawn, I also used to know Danny B. This was back around 1983. He drove a white VW bus at that time. He asked me to shoot a video of him and another fellow performing some fight scenes, which we did on-location (and on the sly - without permits) in LA's Chinatown. It was used as a treatment for a martial arts movie Danny was trying to sell. The working title was "The Golden Belt." We had a lot of fun shooting it and avoiding the cops. I shot it on 3/4" tape, and edited it for him. I moved to San Diego not long after, and lost touch with him. Next thing I heard was about his unfortunate incident with a gender-ambiguous hooker. Ahhh... good times.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-15-2002, 05:53 PM
Man, what a misleading title! None of those people are celebrities!:)

Mike Troxell
03-15-2002, 06:52 PM
Is it time to pick the washed-up celebrities for the next Celebrity Boxing on FOX?

I'll start...

Eddie Munster vs. Pugsley Addams

Any other suggested bouts?

12inch Lando
03-15-2002, 07:58 PM
I've got some perfect matchups for FOX.

Rosanne vs. Rosie O.

Jerry Lewis vs. Jim Carey

Mariah Carry vs. Paula Abdul

Kareem Abdul-Jabar vs. Bill Walton

Adam West vs. Christopher Reeves

Muhamad Ali vs. Michael J. Fox

Alissa Milano vs. Tom Green (I was going to say Drew Berrymore but I think seeing Tom Green getting his *** kicked by "Eva Save-alot" would be funnier)

Jean-Cluad Van Damme vs. Dolph Lunderin

ok... this is getting stupid.

Mandalorian Candidat
03-15-2002, 08:29 PM
How about a match between two failed talk show hosts: Chevy Chase and Magic Johnson.

QLD
03-15-2002, 11:41 PM
I watched it, WHATCH YOU TALKIN BOUT WILLIS!!!!!

Anyway, how about these:

Skippy from Family Ties vs Jim J. Bullouch

Punky Brewster vs Blossom

Mr Belvedere vs Bentley from the Jeffersons

Rodger from What's Happenin vs JJ from Good Times

Screech from Saved by the Bell vs Urkel

Pat Sajak vs Alex Trebek

Tracy Gold vs Missy Gold (one was on Benson, one was on Growing Pains).

Laverne vs Shirly

Natalie vs Tootie

Blair vs Jo

Emannuel Lewis vs Gary Coleman

Nell Carter vs Bea Arthur

Ms Brady vs Ms Partridge

I would much rather have seen Tonya Harding vs Nancy Kerrigan

That is all I can think of right now.

Wolfwood319
03-16-2002, 12:51 AM
I wasn't going to say anything, but I feel I must. Its crap like this that proves just how this world is going to hell. If anyone caught George Carlin on Dennis Miller Live, you know what I'm talking about.

Its sick. We could be working towards world peace and advancing the human race, but instead we have centuries old wars being fought, and the mass populace sitting around the television watching washed-up "celebrities" fight for the amusement of the masses.

SWAFMAN
03-16-2002, 12:55 AM
Hillary Clinton vs. Monica Lewinsky

Rush Limbaugh vs. Barney Frank

Bill Gates vs. that annoying kid in the Dell PC commercials

David Letterman vs. Jay Leno (or maybe Ted Koppel?)

the Canadian Olympic figure skating couple vs. the Russian couple (tag team)

Chris Rock vs. Chris Tucker

Andrea Yates vs. Susan Smith
(ok, I apologize for that one...)

Camryn Manheim vs. Calista Flockheart

Yanni vs. Zamfir

(and on and on and on....)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-16-2002, 01:24 PM
I am totally against the idea of two grown women, duking it out in the ring. What Paula Jones and Tonya Harding did was shameful and appalling. If the Bible has taught us anything (and it hasn't) it's that women should stick to women sports such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing . . . oh wait I guess I am all for women boxing then. ;)

derek
03-17-2002, 02:10 AM
wolfwood319,

i saw george carlin on dennis miller, and he was right on..., but don't damn us to hell just yet:) , ....now if this celebrity boxing takes off like pro wrestling, where people actually take it seriously, then i'd be in complete agreement with you.:)

by the way, if you agree with george carlin, who dosen't believe in hell, how could this world be going there? just wondering.;)