PDA

View Full Version : I thought I'd take.....

Emperor Howdy
03-15-2002, 01:18 AM
JarJarBinks' advice (always a risky endeavor..:crazed: ..j/k) and order from FederationToys.com. I ordered the Zutton and Teebo waves. At $6.50 per fig., $7.50 for shipping of all five....the total came to an even $40.00. I received the figs. 5 days after the order, and all arrived in mint condition (which was important to me since I'm one of those annoying carded collectors). Ok..so now you spend $6.80 per figure at WalMart.....that comes to $34.00....a $6.00 savings. Now estimate in the 80+ times you visit WalMart NOT to find the waves......being the cost in gas, time, and stress...the total comes to $4,851.85. Ok...maybe a little exaggeration....BUT.....might I personally back what JJB has been saying all along....try FederationToys.com. I mean...$6.50 a figure? Come on....that's killer.......and believe me.....it all comes mint. With prices like that....I'll probably be ordering again if or when AOTC goodies become elusive..........

Just thought I'd let you know...................

Beast
03-15-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
JarJarBinks' advice (always a risky endeavor..:crazed: ..j/k) and order from FederationToys.com. I ordered the Zutton and Teebo waves. At $6.50 per fig., $7.50 for shipping of all five....the total came to an even $40.00. I received the figs. 5 days after the order, and all arrived in mint condition (which was important to me since I'm one of those annoying carded collectors). Ok..so now you spend $6.80 per figure at WalMart.....that comes to $34.00....a $6.00 savings. Now estimate in the 80+ times you visit WalMart NOT to find the waves......being the cost in gas, time, and stress...the total comes to $4,851.85. Ok...maybe a little exaggeration....BUT.....might I personally back what JJB has been saying all along....try FederationToys.com. I mean...$6.50 a figure? Come on....that's killer.......and believe me.....it all comes mint. With prices like that....I'll probably be ordering again if or when AOTC goodies become elusive..........Just thought I'd let you know...................
Glad you liked them EH. I've talked to the guy a few times and he's just a fellow collector that got sick of not being able to find anything and started ordering direct from Hasbro, and helping other people out like himself that were sick of stores. I just got my preview figures in the mail from him today, perfectly packed and for only a little bit more then they would cost if I could find them at Wal-Mart. He actually had to reorder because he completly sold thru on the Imperial Officer, Teebo, and Previews waves. At 6.50 a piece for RFT's, Imperial Officers, and the Teebo wave, he's definatly the way to go. Hope he gets more in, I could use a few extras of the RFT and IO. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darth maul rat
03-24-2002, 05:15 PM
I agree. After a while of running all over town, the cost in terms of time and gas makes the price of figure bought at Wal-Mart much more than most of the guys online. I have used Yestertoys twice, and both times they got my order to me in less than a week, and their non-mint cards are usually on a par with what Mart and the rest put out. 7 bucks for non mint, 8 for mint, but a base ship rate of $5.80 that I have as yet to max out makes it so the more you buy the better you do as far as price per figure.

LTBasker
03-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Knew there was a reason why I trusted JJB's judgement. :happy: :D

I haven't really ordered figures on-line a whole lot, unless I definitely have to.

Hey speakin' of JJB, where is the ol' goofgan? :confused: