PDA

View Full Version : Jedi starfighter at walmart!

Dryanta
03-15-2002, 05:37 PM
I spoke to the toy manager at my local Walmart.
He told me they have Jedi Starfighters out back and they will be on the shelves by early morning.
The point is if the Walamrt in Augusta Maine has them,the ones in bigger towns must too.The local Tru has none.What happened to the 6000 early ones?
Happy hunting.

Obi-Don
03-16-2002, 09:35 AM
As of yesterday Wal-Mart didn't have them,but will check today as I going hunting.

Dryanta
03-16-2002, 11:41 AM
well guess what?The gentleman I spoke to yesterday was mistaken(I'm being polite).
I have been to three walmarts today and put on over 100 miles.None of the stores I went to have them.Not sold out mind you,have not recieved them.Sorry for the screw up and I hope you all make out better than I did

Spinosaurus2004
03-16-2002, 03:42 PM
The TRU in Times Square should have some Jedi Starfighters, right?

Obi-Don
03-17-2002, 06:31 AM
I put a good bit of miles on the car to with no luck.:mad:

Jayspawn
03-17-2002, 09:54 AM
No luck here either. I bet we'll see them soon though.

JEDIpartner
03-17-2002, 01:53 PM
You know... come to think of it... we haven't heard thing one from anyone in the Manhattan area. For all those Delta-7s heading out to the "TRU Flagship Store" (or supposedly)... you'd think we would have heard some victory cries by now!!! For what it's worth... mine will be arriving via UPS tomorrow.

Tycho
03-18-2002, 01:35 AM
They arrived here in San Diego. My friend said he saw 8 of them.

He didn't buy one because he won't have an Obi-Wan to use with it until May 16 possibly. (We only know the Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan comes out April 23 for sure - and it likely doesn't fit).

I went to the same Wal*Mart later that day and they were gone. It is possible scalpers got them. Then again, I want 3 of these ships for different scenes I'm building, so a large-scale collector like myself might have been there (but 8 ???)

My scenes I'm doing is Obi-Wan fighting Jango in Slave-One (hung from the ceiling most likely)...

Obi-Wan's landing and getting attacked and captured on Geonosis....

And maybe a Jedi Temple set up, with Yoda and Mace seeing Master Kenobi off on his mission when he first leaves Coruscant for Kamino.

I doubt I'll spend $60 for all three at once. I thought I'd only pick up one while I don't even have a pilot for it. Besides, these things will be mass-produced and you never know when they will be clearance items or discounted for Christmas next fall.

But finally, my friend who gets things early from the Orient had one I played with yesterday. It's cool, solid, though you have to watch how you put the blast off panels in place - they definitely do not fit perfectly.

But all in all, I prefer the A-wing. I like remote levers and the A-wing has one for the landing gear and one for the cockpit hatch.

These ships are about the same size, though the sculptingon the Jedi Starfighter is equally cool. I just wish it could shoot its missles when the side panels are on!

It is amazing how much it looks like the Sith Infiltrator from the rear though, once it's fighting mode is all open. But that's not going to satisfy me. I still want Darth Maul's ship!

Meanwhile, Jango Fett's new Slave-One will be the E2 vehicle I am most looking forward to. Now this one will be fun!

Rollo Tomassi
03-18-2002, 10:20 AM
Hey, Tycho. Maybe the guy who bought all 8 is going to recreate the Scene at the temple when Obi Wan takes off and theres a bunch of fighters docked in the background. You used to be able to do background vehicles with Action Fleet and Micro machines for a "forced perspective" look, but Hasbro or somebody cancelled that line of toys. Shame.

Tycho
03-18-2002, 10:43 AM
Good point about the MicroMachines! And hey: great idea! Maybe I should buy 11 of them so I won't be shorthanded if I decided to create the whole Jedi flight hanger! (not!) ;)