PDA

View Full Version : What is the AT-ST with Speederbike like?

Spinosaurus2004
03-16-2002, 03:12 PM
A lot like the old AT-ST? Anything new about it? I think I'll still get it but I am not too sure.

LTBasker
03-16-2002, 10:43 PM
AT-ST - The never unchanged mold, new paint job
Speederbike - I do believe it is the exact same as the ones that came with a Scout Trooper, Endor Luke and Endor Leia
The Ewok - Same old Wicket mold, new paint job.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-16-2002, 10:58 PM
I saw it today at TRU, it's the same exact mold as the vintage one and so is the speeder bike. The paint job is nice but nothing anyone couldn't do with an air brush. The only unique thing is the ewok figure and I will not pay $29.99 for that :)

the box is cool too but I don't want to pay for cardboard scenery either LOL.

All in all though if you don't already have an AT-ST it's worth it.

mista_carrot
03-17-2002, 01:06 AM
The speeder bike is slightly retooled and is made of cheaper (softer) plastic. The color is also slightly lighter than the older speeder bikes. Oh, and Hasbro removed the exploding feature (unless mine is broken).
It's all a good deal if you don't have an AT-ST yet, but yes, it isn't worth getting only for Paploo.

I've got a full review here:

http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/reviews/atst.html

Jayspawn
03-17-2002, 09:41 AM
I'd have to agree with LTBasker, but the Paploo figure appears to be a new figure to me. I don't see anything similar to the Wicket at all.

CrunchyNug
03-19-2002, 08:03 PM
With the new paint job, I think the AT-ST looks MUCH better that either of its predecessors. But I must say that the speder bike is a bit flimsy for my taste. The expoding feature is gone, but I think they used weeker springs this time around. Mine just won't stay upright very well.

The new Paploo is a good one too. Unfortunately with his hood all windblown, he's not much use unless you keep him on the speeder. But overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.