PDA

View Full Version : Name that species

Fulit
03-16-2002, 04:09 PM
Can anyone tell me the species name of any of the following characters?

Graxol Kelvyyn
Ody Mandrell
Gasgano
Adi Gallia
Ki-Adi Mundi
Eeth Koth
Zam Wesell
Nabron Leids
Garindan
Lak Sivrak
Rystall
Yakface
Orrimaarko
Sy Snootles
Joh Yowza
Amanaman
Klaatu
Pote Snitkin

I'm trying to compile some sort of list of how many different species of aliens there are in SW, and how many have been made into figures.

Beast
03-16-2002, 04:37 PM
Trying to find the last few unknown ones, but here is what I have so far for you. :D

Graxol Kelvyyn - Anx
Ody Mandrell - Er'Kit
Gasgano - Xexto
Adi Gallia - Human
Ki-Adi Mundi - Cerean
Eeth Koth - Iridonian Zabrak
Zam Wesell - Clawdite
Nabron Leids - Morserrian
Garindan - Kubaz
Lak Sivrak - Shistavanen Wolfman
Rystall - unknown (was raised by ortolans)
Saelt-Marae (Yakface) - Yarkora
Orrimaarko - Dresselian
Sy Snootles - Pa'lowick
Joh Yowza - Yuzzum
Amanaman - Amanin
Klaatu - Kadas'sa' Nikto
Pote Snitkin - Skrilling

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
03-16-2002, 04:40 PM
That closes a large gap in the list for me, thanks JarJar. :D

Beast
03-16-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
That closes a large gap in the list for me, thanks JarJar. :D
Your welcome, I updated with those last few I couldn't find before. All but Rystall appear to have been given a species name, but the official site says her father was human, and her mother was an unknown female alien. Looking at her skin patterns, perhaps a gungan? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
03-16-2002, 05:02 PM
What species is Yoda? Last time I looked it just said "Unknown".

PENDO!

Beast
03-16-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
What species is Yoda? Last time I looked it just said "Unknown". PENDO!
Both Yoda and Yaddle are still listed as unknown, and I think Lucas intends to keep it that way. Which isn't really that big a deal, IMHO.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
03-16-2002, 05:34 PM
Thanx JJB!

I hope he does decided to keep it unknown. Some mysteries are best keps unanswered, it's more fun!

He'd probably end up with a stupid species name anyway, something like Adoy or Eldday...:crazed:

PENDO!

Jargo
03-16-2002, 07:10 PM
Rystall is the same species as Diva Funquita. That's Gardulla the Hutt's female aide from Episode one. Same red hair and skin markings. So how Rystall can be half breed if this other character is exactly the same............. :rolleyes: Unless the EU has a story about Rystall's dad geting around a bit............... :eek:

Beast
03-16-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Rystall is the same species as Diva Funquita. That's Gardulla the Hutt's female aide from Episode one. Same red hair and skin markings. So how Rystall can be half breed if this other character is exactly the same............. :rolleyes: Unless the EU has a story about Rystall's dad geting around a bit............... :eek:
Just going by what the official Star Wars website says:

Most visitors to Coruscant never see the undercity, a shadowy sector of the megalopolis eclipsed by the far-reaching skyscrapers. In these darkened regions, even the long arm of Imperial law seldom reaches. It was here that the young girl named Rystáll was raised. An abandoned half-breed, the result of a human father and unknown alien mother, Rystáll was cared for by adoptive Ortolan parents who eked out a living as musicians. Rystáll joined their performances as a dancer.
Maybe Diva Funquita is Rystall's mom? :D If so, Diva Funquita's species is Redar.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-17-2002, 02:23 AM
Binks, can you publish a pronounciation guide to go along with that list :confused:

Beast
03-17-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Binks, can you publish a pronounciation guide to go along with that list :confused:
Wish I could, I found the names...just most don't have a pronounciation for them. I suggest just doing them phoneticaly. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-17-2002, 03:13 AM
Phonics is a dirty business :D The few EU books I've read have contained some real doozies as well . . . I like unique names but some of them are too crazy!

Rollo Tomassi
03-17-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
What species is Yoda? Last time I looked it just said "Unknown".

PENDO!

My personal theory is that Yoda is a Whill.

As in "Journal of the Whills."

Jargo
03-17-2002, 10:05 AM
I always had a vision of the Whills being more wraith like. pale and almost translucent. 'Luminous beings'..... y'know, maybe a little like the good guys from The Dark Crystal. right at the end when the Skeksis merge with the other ones that I can never remember the name of. tall and willowy and - luminous. And not a bit like a rip off Close encounters kaminoan alien. :D

Yoda doesn't fit the description I have in my head. Cool if you want to cling to Yoda being a Whill Rollo. More power to your elbow. I'm clinging to my own thoughts because I don't think Yoda is calm enough or wise enough to be a Whill. Yoda may be the baddest Jedi out there but I don't see the Whills being anything to do with anything. I think they're independent beings detached from the normal galaxial goings on and that's why they can remain subjective and honestly record the history of the galaxy. Yoda and Yaddle are too embroiled in the goings on of the moment so it's fair to assume that their species are doers rather than thinkers even if they don't 'do' a lot.
It's just my little idea but I like it. :stupid:

I just think of Yoda and Yaddle as froggies....... :crazed:

Fulit
03-18-2002, 09:10 AM
At supershadow.com, this guy who claims to know Lucas, and has all sorts of interesting "quotes" from Lucas himself, "My imagination never ceases to amaze me", has an F.A.Q., and on it, the quetion is asked, what species is Yoda? He answers that Yoda is a Whill, and his full name is Yoda D'Kana the Whill or something like that. What a laugh riot.

jeddah
03-18-2002, 10:41 AM
E Jargo said;

[snip]..Yoda may be the baddest Jedi out there ...[snap]

This is true, a lot of people feel this; I hear this a lot - now even ingrained in pop culture e.g Farscape - but I don't really feel it.:eek: (In fact he is one of my least favourite characters.) Until I've seen him really Jedi it up, I can't really see him as anything other than an old green shrew with a tude and a moody opinion on everything. :sur:

Well that's my moody opinion on it, anyway.

jeddah