PDA

View Full Version : Who's Snagging All The Jangos?

Sidiously Darth
03-16-2002, 06:52 PM
This figure has been impossible to find in Central Florida. The other 3 have been a bit easier to find, but not Mr. J-Fett! I know of several ebayers in the Orlando area who are selling multiples of him. I can hear Jango now..."Get your hands off of me you damn dirty scalper!":eek:

Who else is having trouble finding Jango but not the other 3?

InsaneJediGirl
03-16-2002, 07:02 PM
Hey Sid,

I'm having the same problem here in North Central Florida.Tons
of Zams and Clonetroopers,no Jangos!

mark2d2
03-16-2002, 08:22 PM
When I went on a massive run out here in LA, R3-T7 was nearly everywhere. (How nice it was to find a fig I actually want warming the pegs.) Zam was a close second. Clone troopers were at only one of the 6 stores I hit, and I saw no traced of Jango what-so-ever.

Lman316
03-16-2002, 09:14 PM
There was a decent amount of him at my Wal*Mart around the 9th. But two days later, they were gone.
If anyone still can't find them within the next week or so, there is a Wal*Mart Super Center opening near me on the 20th, so I'm figuring they'll have an updated stock of figures. If anyone needs them, just let me know and I'll try to pick 'em up for you, if they do have them.
Just send me a private message or email me at: Lman1264@hotmail.com .

Lord Tenebrous
03-16-2002, 09:20 PM
I've been a very good boy and held true to my boycott of AOTC merchandise. I saw a complete wave of preview figures, examined them, and put them right back on the pegs.

For my scene creation purposes, Boba 300 will be Jango, and Zutton will be little Boba. :)

AmanaMatt
03-16-2002, 10:49 PM
man, I just saw my first preview fig on a shelf today, the r3 droid...pretty cool looking, imo.

jedibear
03-17-2002, 12:14 AM
...but I do live in a major hotbed of SW collectors...(and I also hold a job...which prevents me from LIVING at the stores)

Ah well....patience. Must have patience.

Got the other three though...really like the clonetrooper.

Obi-Don
03-17-2002, 05:37 AM
The Wal-Mart here had a good stock for about 2 to 3 days until word got out. I'm glad I went ahead and got them. The way Wal-Mart works around here there is no telling when more will show up if they show up at all.

LTBasker
03-17-2002, 06:05 AM
No preview figures here... :cry:

Jedi Drew
03-17-2002, 08:17 AM
It has to be scalpers or wanta be Star Wars collectors. Myself and Jedipartnr have seen only 3 out of the 4 Preview Figs. here in the Cleveland, Ohio area. No Jango here. HH:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jayspawn
03-17-2002, 08:52 AM
Thats right jedibear, patience.

Not to worry, just keep searching and you shall have your Jangos!

*when I found mine, there were alot of Jangos just like the other figures.

JEDIpartner
03-17-2002, 12:58 PM
Probably those 400 pound scalpers who don't know the difference between ONE doughnut and TWENTY doughnuts. No good scalpin' pieces of crap!!! They get them home and go... "WOW! I picked up 20 of these... what was I thinking?? Oh, well... I can go on eBay and sell them for $30 each... or MORE! That way I can get more money for...Mmmmm Jelly Doughnuts!" :frus:

Echo_7
03-17-2002, 01:49 PM
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I went to WalMart this morning, and found all 4 figures. I know there were at least 6 more Jango's hanging on the pegs. I'm going back in a couple of days to see if their still there, if they are, I'm going to get whats left. Maybe down the road, I can trade these for figures I wasn't able to find. :happy:

Sean the Hutt
03-17-2002, 07:08 PM
same here in san Diego...no sign of bo shek wave either....this sucks
Though I just realized how close the movie is when I open the ne r3 droid.
remember the story Robert Duvall told Sean Penn in the movie "COLORS"..The one about the bulls running down the hill to "see" the cows.......its better to walk down and "see" them all!

Paul-Kenobi
03-17-2002, 11:03 PM
I havent been out to my local walmart yet but all i am in search of is the Jedi Starfighter.

and maybe a jango.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Went to my local Wally-Mart Friday night and saw gobs of the preview wave, with the exception of Jango Fett. The R3s were clogging up the pegs. Some loser had already returned two EpII packaged toys with Queen Amidala Royal Decoy figures inside. Probably exchanged them for Fetts. So I bought the 3 that I could.
Then the next day, I went to another Wally-Mart in rural Western New York and bingo, I hit the jackpot! There were tons of Fetts there (no sign of the BoShek wave :cry: ). I bought one and went over to the K-mart next door for good measure. Guess what! They had all the preview figs plus Fetts too! :sur: I was surprised at the number each store had. At least 15 of them at each of the three stores I visited (I did visit a KB and as usual they had jack squat :frus:). I wonder if this is a sign of something. :confused:

Tycho
03-18-2002, 12:24 AM
I went out in the early morning when my collector network called me from a Wal*Mart that opens at 6 am in the North County.

So I rolled out of bed and got there as close to 7 am as I could and I got 5 Jangos, and since there were 3 cases there, I left 5 more of them on the racks (my buddy bought 2 that morning).

Now I'm waiting to use the other-version Jango's (Deluxe, Kamino, and Geonosis) in my other scenes.

Nice figure for one with strikingly limited poseability. Oh well, I got those figures for the scenes where I need Jango firing double blasters....

JEDIpartner
03-18-2002, 08:09 AM
How big is your house that you can set up all these "scenes"??? :confused:

xboywonder
03-18-2002, 09:27 AM
Is that where there all going people are buying five at a time for scenes ?? No wonder I can't find one...

Oh well... Keep looking.

Tycho
03-18-2002, 10:06 AM
I just make a shopping list and when something comes out, I try to finish buying whatever amount of a character I need as soon as I can, because before you know it, they release more figures in the next wave.

Since I just went to the store that 1 day, and lot of people are reporting finding them, I assume there are plenty available including the other 5 I left on the racks.

JEDIPTNR: I just have a 2 bd / 2 bth apartment, with a country kitchen and a large living room. That's 4 rooms I set scenes up in, as I do not use the bathrooms for building dioramas.

I have finished college now, and have been working at my first professional job and just applied for promotion into a management position (I do city redevelopment strategy planning).
I am planning to buy a house large enough to use 8 rooms for my dioramas (probably 4 bedroom, 2 story) and am saving towards that goal while I establish the credit for it. It will take a few years, but I have good reason to think I can get a mortgage on my home I want by about the time Episode 3 is out.

I am unmarried, no kids, and single - and with a "Star Wars house" like that will probably stay that way :rolleyes: No problem - I'm not going to lose half of what I'm earning to a divorce either. I'm just not planning to let a chic run my life and I'm asking..."what is she going to do for me if I am going to compromise my dream house?" Yes, I have a girlfriend and no I do not plan to marry her (and she'll never go on a SW message board and read this, so I'm safe posting it).

Meanwhile, I only have room in my present apartment to have my Classic scenes displayed. I use professional store display cases that are 6 feet, by 18 inches, and approximately 4 feet tall - for my large scenes. Curio cabinets and custom made display cases on the walls go a long way towards smaller scenes. I use closets and the case tops to set up "test scenes" for stuff I can't yet permanently display but need to determine questions like "how many Clones or Battledroids?" for.

Eventually I will have a prequel and sequel room each, for Tatooine. A Hoth/Bespin room - maybe with Kamino stuff. A Gungan swamp / Dagobah room. An Endor, Naboo (Theed), Yavin room. A Death Star / Coruscant / space battle room. And I'm figuring out what I'll do for Geonosis, and typically white, synthetic backgrounds like the Calamari cruiser and the Trade Federation sets.

My aesthetic taste for decorating with this stuff is to color code it, usually meaning certain environment types go in certain rooms.
Like I said, all I can plan on for certain about my future, is that I'll earn what I need to have my own house to do this in.

My 12" figures get displayed in groups on top of the dioramas their little counterparts are busy fighting in.

JEDIpartner
03-18-2002, 12:51 PM
:eek:

LTBasker
03-18-2002, 12:54 PM
Them dang scalpers are grabbing all the Jangos, they've been showing up swarms on ebay. They probably figure he's gonna sell like hotcakes because they think he's the next Boba/Maul. I'd say Count Dooky fits that role, not one-pose-wonder Jango.

Tycho, I envy you, I've managed to take over 2 rooms for my SW stuff since my sister is at college, I plan on heavily modifying one and lining the room with one big shelf for diorama sections. :cool: Oh yeah, and ya never know, theres gotta be some SW addicted girl out there. ;)

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Hey LTBasker, that is something I have been looking for for a long time (a SW addicted girl, that is).
Not to get off the subject here, but it seems like only a very, very few female SW fans are out there compared to the male fans.
What I wouldnt give to have a girlfriend with the same passion for SW as me.
I just wanted to add that to what you said.

hairless chewie
03-18-2002, 01:32 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The preview wave at a PX............HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

:frus: :frus: :frus:

Tycho
03-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Honestly guys, hopefully all of you can discover that there is plenty in this world besides Star Wars, and in all your other interests you may meet a lady-friend that has other things in common with you.

Star Wars is certainly a big part of my life - around release dates it takes up to 1 (one) hour of my morning to hit a Wal*Mart and Target for my shopping.

During the weekday evenings, at least when I used to have room, I sculpted and painted environments like Endor etc. for these little guys, rather than watch TV- and certain times a year, I'd devote a day or so to go and shop for display cases or take a trip to Home Depot to buy materials to build my own.

Consequently, I learned about plastics engineering, wood working, as well as when to get extra big boxes for storage from my Wal*Mart, LOL. (These are also not the interests I share with a girlfriend).

Meanwhile, my other Star Wars time is spent online, posting here, just like you.

When I'm dating someone, I first generally stick to visiting her place, not mine, until she knows me better. My home would make Star Wars look like the only part of my life (besides my jobs that is).

Meanwhile, most girls' and guys' are both seemingly unalike at first, and more alike once you get to know each other and share things that interest you. Not to turn this into a relationship advice column, but I take turns picking things to do as a couple, and I've tried a handful of "chic things" from seminars to really cool stuff like riding with a friend who's into horses - an interest I share (but I just don't own any horses). If she wants to know how I spend my time away from her, eventually she'll find out (or ask if she cares :rolleyes: I can tell her why I like SW and how much I'm into it, but I'll keep it short and not bring it up again unless she shows an interest.

I do know my current girlfriend has never seen the movies, doesn't care to (at least from the "yuck face" she made when I mentioned I was looking forward to the May release), and as far as I have helped it, at least for the past month, she hasn't seen my apartment. When that becomes unavoidable, or I am tired of her, or at least avoiding that with her, I'll invite her over and follow the lead she offers. At that point I'll plan on being single again, but I might be pleasantly surprised. It would be nice to be liked for who you really are, I agree!

But my place isn't designed for her comfort, or for her to move in or invite her friends over to in order "to show off her boyfriend" like a lot of girls want to. I don't want parties here or drinks spilled on my 12" collection (of figures, not long-neck bottles!) and I could care less if she decides the fun times we had meant nothing because she can't stand what makes me happy. I also don't like fake chics, that decide that all of the sudden to take this the opposite direction and then they "need" to watch the movies because they think it will please me.

First, I'm sick of all the movies right now and don't want to watch them with her (or any of you either!) Second, Empire Strikes Back would be the most obvious one in my mind that past girlfriends have liked, and I think Episode 2 will play that way as well. Return of the Jedi would be attractive to them only because it concludes ESB, and they'll like the Ewoks. I won't go into other stereotypical sexist reasons for why women display these statistically common tastes in my mind, but "A New Hope" has been found very boring by past girlfriends, and "TPM" might be seen as a bit goofy. The girl I'm dating now likes Disney cartoon movies though, so if she and I ever do watch the films, I'd recommend she thinks of them AS cartoons. It helps suspend disbelief (in Wookiees and aliens) and tells her I'm not sitting there believing there's life on Mars and I've got to catch the next spaceshuttle over there!

Meanwhile, I've got to catch the next spaceshuttle over there....

That's it for the relationship advice column! Now what was the subject matter?

JEDIpartner
03-18-2002, 02:13 PM
My partner isn't thrilled about my hobby, but I'm allowed to have it. I leave it to the confines of one room in our house... the "kid's room", as we call it. I haven't any SW things littering the other rooms because I think it's (now this is just for MY tastes) tacky. I personally would be a little scared if I went to someone's house and there were Barbie dolls in the majority of the rooms. I would think... well, that person was obsessed. Again... I'm not saying that YOU are obsessed, but just remember people don't always think the way you do. Your limits may be another's excesses.

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2002, 02:21 PM
The last girl I was dating wasnt a SW fan. She liked it but was not all into it like myself. I think that may have led to our demise as a couple. She left me last Christmas.
But this is not a relationship forum! I just wanted to say that it is good to have someone who shares the interest; someone who will talk to you about it and discuss it.
But that is not all that there is to life, like Tycho mentioned.
There are other things, but for me personally, SW is what I have always loved and what I will always enjoy.

Tycho
03-18-2002, 02:34 PM
JangoFett, I'm sorry about your Christmas. Holiday times are awful for that sort of thing to happen.

JediPtnr: I AM obsessed to the point it is scary. While Star Wars is not my life (and I could list some sports and past times that would come from left field compared to what people would think my interests might make me sound like) I AM a Star Wars FREAK!

I admit it in my support group therapy sessions I attend for this dysfunction now. Unfortunately these sessions meet in an encounter group of dudes my age (in their 20's) that hang out in front of Wal*Marts at 6:45 am with nothing better to do with their money in their wallets, or their equally dysfunctional credit ratings. I am speaking for myself, first and foremost, but I know things...

Anyway, you'd also be surprised to find out what celebreties and professional athletes are Star Wars collectors (to the point of being "Star Wars Freaks" too.

So are we freaks? Maybe. Maybe all of us are just comfortable with what makes us happy and that makes us more in touch with ourselves than someone else who doesn't have any hobbies or is afraid to pursue a unique (or at least less-common) interest.

But I don't care - I'm making myself happy first and foremost. A detractor might say whatever about me, but they don't have the new Slave-One. Nah-naaa-na-na-Nahhhn-Naaah! :D

(btw - neither do I ....yet)

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Tycho,
I am a Star Wars freak too. I spent nearly $200 to have a Boba Fett tattoo put on my arm. I am a freak.
80% of my income goes to Star Wars. The other 20% goes to food and the bills. That is it.
I live from paycheck to paycheck, spending time, money, and effort to get the newest stuff and add it to my collection.
I think I got a total of 10 hours sleep this past weekend on account to looking for the Jedi Starfighter. Sleep is not a high priority to me when it comes to collecting.
You arent alone when it comes to being a "Star Wars Freak".
Maybe I should join your group.

Jargo
03-18-2002, 02:43 PM
Wow tycho, you're quite the ladies man... :crazed:

I wouldn't dream of getting up specifically to go figure hunting. If a store doesn't have figures when I get there. so be it. I'll find them eventually like I found everything else. I'll order online if I have to. Army builders I can see people buying five at a time with no problem but five Jango Fett preview figures???????? I'd have waited for the better sculpts mate. And I could only see you buying so many if you wanted an army of Mandalorians. But since the Mandalorians don't officially exist........... :D

Tycho
03-18-2002, 03:02 PM
Nah. I'm doing about 15 scenes with Jango. I'd like to display a variety of his different figures, but at least 5 times, he'll be shooting like that one pose he comes (eh-hmmm) uh...stuck in.

Actually Jargo, the Kamino (Removeable Helmet) Jango is the figure of him I like the most. Put me down for 5 of those, too!

Deluxe I may or may not buy. The "spoiler Fett" from Geonosis looks very cool though as I think that's the one with the "working" flame thrower! Awesome dude!:D

Meanwhile, JangoFett96, from one Freak to another, buddy: find a way to increase your income or budget for your addiction. Star Wars has gotten me in more than one bad financial conundrum before, and only now with my first "real" job out of college is my banking getting back to stable with some increase in my savings. I have other expensive hobbies I really couldn't afford in college as well, and I'm just finally getting out of debt for my interest in jet ski racing :rolleyes:

It wasn't enough to watch them on speederbikes...it wasn't enough to buy the toys.... the weather here was too nice to ignore the ocean... and now I'm into amateur racing like I think I'm Anakin Skywalker. If I get a good sponsor this year though - they'll pick up my medical...which sometimes becomes necessary...

Just don't ask me how much I owe... I haven't any dependents, and if I get myself promoted I'll pay it. If I get myself killed - they'll have to sell all my toys to collect it!

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the financial advice, Tycho, but I am afraid "It is too late for me, my son."
I wont get into any specifics about my finances, but lets just say that I have received a call from a collection agency before.
That little piece of plastic combined with a nasty habit can cause quite alot of problems.
So when does our group meet Tycho? I promise I will act good.
I will just practice what I will say to the group.
"Hello, my name is Jango, and I am a Star Wars junkie."

LTBasker
03-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
So are we freaks? Maybe. Maybe all of us are just comfortable with what makes us happy and that makes us more in touch with ourselves than someone else who doesn't have any hobbies or is afraid to pursue a unique (or at least less-common) interest.

I enjoy SW, but I'm no ways a freak.... I'm a SW Geek and I'm not afraid to admit it! Currently it's the only hobby I can really count on to more or less stay the same and I love it to no end. :happy:

I'm 15 and don't get allowance ( :frus: ) but my parents control all the money but they're not very strict and feeding my hobby (at least it's not drugs) so usually I have to look for deals and work something out to get more bang per buck. :D

Tycho
03-18-2002, 03:20 PM
LOL Jango.

My group I'm in meets whenever we find stuff for each other here in San Diego. If you really want to travel, I recommend Indianapolis around May 3 to 5 (I think) for the Celebration II. I had a blast in Denver despite the weather! Plus I think Indiana is driving distance for you. Meanwhile, most of my friends will be there, myself, too I hope. That's dependent on finances for sure!

We also hope once we arrive that we won't "forget to go to the convention" and go to the Indianpolis Wal*Mart instead.

Yes, I was kidding...

Oh no! Basker: "At least it's not drugs!"

I never got involved with using them - but I did have a girlfriend I tried to help recover - when I was in high school nevertheless. Let's just say that's exactly WHY I was sure I'd never even try drugs.

Meanwhile, Star Wars can be addictive. We're all a bit of proof of that - but you can reverse your fortunes and sell (for a loss most likely) your collection of toys and stuff, but you cannot reclaim your health, remove fellonies off your criminal record - and though I drink occasionaly, you cannot recover your alcohal after it leaves you and goes down the toilet. Even beer money is better spent on Star Wars... (that from a guy who stores Battle Droids in Samuel Adams cases he's emptied).

xboywonder
03-18-2002, 03:22 PM
Umm... This doesn't really have anything to do with girls and relationships....

but I just wanted to say that I found Jango Fett at Kmart on my lunch break... Whoo Hoo !!

They had five... I bought one.

billfremore
03-18-2002, 03:40 PM
It's pretty hard to find a woman who will understand the passion I or any other Star Wars fan has for this stuff.

I condsider myself lucky to have found a woman who not only understands but encourages me to display my figures.

She bought me the Royal Starship for valentine's day a few years ago much to my surprise.
(Truth be told I think she wanted it more than I did)
She just loves the ships and is truly ****ed that I can't find an AT-ST yet.

Yes I was lucky to find her... So I decided to marry her :)

JetsAndHeels
03-19-2002, 09:10 AM
Im happy for you, Billfremore. It sounds like you have a good relationship with her. Good to see she likes your hobby too.

We should all be so lucky!!

JetsAndHeels
03-19-2002, 09:20 AM
By the way Tycho, I was in San Diego last month and I loved it!!
That place is awesome.
I stayed just off of interstate 5 in the Old Town district. That area is very nice. I really enjoyed it.
Got to see the Zoo, LEGOLAND, and went to the beach.
I also went to the Gas Lamp District and loved that.
You are lucky to live in such a great place.

Tycho
03-19-2002, 11:04 AM
Thanks Jango! I hope I can continue to live here all my life. I love San Diego! But man, it is expensive!

billfremore
03-19-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Im happy for you, Billfremore. It sounds like you have a good relationship with her. Good to see she likes your hobby too.

We should all be so lucky!!

Thanks Jango.
She appreciates the compliment too as she is reading this over my shoulder. :)

JetsAndHeels
03-19-2002, 11:45 AM
No problem.
It is good to see that we all can come together on these forums here and be united like we are through our love for SW.

JEDIpartner
03-19-2002, 12:11 PM
You're all stupid!!!

Just kidding... :D

I'm glad we aren't all fighting... for once!!!

JetsAndHeels
03-19-2002, 12:16 PM
We could be fighting on here.
Wait a minute JediPartnr. You like Obi Wan, and I like Jango.
We arent supposed to get along anyway!!:crazed:

billfremore
03-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
You're all stupid!!!

Just kidding... :D

I'm glad we aren't all fighting... for once!!!

Stupid like a fox!