PDA

View Full Version : The Osbournes - Best New Show !

Thrawn
03-17-2002, 12:56 AM
Is anyone else hooked on The Osbournes? It is a reality show on Mtv that follows Ozzy Osbourne around and is funny as s**T !!!

Highlights from Episode 1:

They hook up a new computer/satellite TV system and the guy says the remote is SO easy that they don't even make a manual for it. Next we see ozzy getting nowhere and cursing up a storm trying to work it! "I'm stuck on the f***king weather channel!"

Then the phone rings and he can't find it! Then he finds the phone and can't figure out how to answer it!

Highlights from Episode 2:

Ozzy screams at Sharon for using his towel to wipe up dog ****!

Ozzy thinks the dog therapist urinated on the rug!

"Now I've seen it all, we have a f**king dog therapist. Just get up at 7am and open the damn door and let them out."

"The door was wide open and he STILL took a massive crap inside the house, 3 feet from the door."

derek
03-17-2002, 01:48 AM
i've heard about this, but have not wartched mtv in a long time. is it like the real world, or scripted? not that the real world was really real....:eek:

ozzy can be pretty funny. i've seen him on howard stern a few times. i guess the rock star life isn't all chicks and booze. even they have to deal with dog crap in the house. maybe for the season finalie, ozzy will dump his old wife for a hot 21 year old!:D

2-1B
03-17-2002, 02:34 AM
Thrawn, you're damn right !

Great show, I was hooked after the first episode, laughing almost nonstop.

How about Ozzy watching the Tonight Show with their security guard? CLASSIC :D

I hate MTv, but that show is worth tuning in. I've taken to recording it, not only so I can rewatch the shows but also to edit the lengthy commercial breaks.

I hope this sees a DVD release because my VHS copy won't last long :crazed:

Fulit
03-17-2002, 08:52 AM
I love it when he's talking about how such a little dog can pee so much. "He must have an extra tank in his ***".

For being unscripted, Ozzy has the best one liners of any T.V. Dad.

"I'm not picking up another dog turd. I'm a rock star."

The biggest highlight has got to be when Elijah Wood is hanging out w/ Ozzy's kids and they all end up cleaning dog **** off the couch. Can you imagine having Frodo over to your house to clean up dog ****?

SirSteve
03-17-2002, 10:27 AM
It's my favorite new show!

:)

Pendo
03-17-2002, 10:38 AM
Not watched it yet, but I've seen it advertised. I might peel myself off my computer chair next time it's on and watch it 'cause you guys seem to like it ;). I'll tell you what I think.

PENDO!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-17-2002, 01:09 PM
The Osbournes is an excellent show. First time in a long time that I actually tuned in to MTV to watch something.

Just a suggestion though, they need subtitles at the bottom of the screen whenever Ozzy talks. I'm always asking my brother, "what the heck did he say?" :confused: after each time Ozzy speaks.

Grif
03-17-2002, 01:18 PM
That show is awesome!!

JEDIpartner
03-17-2002, 01:36 PM
and he is a RIOT!! I was really looking forward to this show and it DID NOT disappoint! Ozzy did a meet and greet at the store I was working at and he was the best. I became an instant fan after meeting him. The show is such a simple concept, but it really delivers the laughs. It's like OZZY's REAL WORLD. Love it!!!

InsaneJediGirl
03-17-2002, 02:02 PM
I watch the Osbuournes and have even goten my mom hooked on watching it.Its not "scripted" like I think Real World is and offers us a peak into a rock-stars "real" life.

Hope they keep the show on for a while.Maybe all the Hobbits
could come over and help clean-up :D :D

2-1B
03-17-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
Just a suggestion though, they need subtitles at the bottom of the screen whenever Ozzy talks. I'm always asking my brother, "what the heck did he say?" :confused: after each time Ozzy speaks.

Don't say that around Sharon, she'll tear you apart! I read an article about a press junket they did for a show, and when a reporter asked if the showed would be subtitled, she screamed, "Who said that !? Who the f--- said that !?!?!?"

It was pretty funny, let me look for that article . . . :)

EDIT: Okay, I was slightly off with the Sharon quote, understandably so. :D This is taken from Ozzy's offical site, which featured this article from the Toronto Sun:

Not that any microphone could decipher Osbourne's mumbled ramblings, prompting one critic to ask if the series would be subtitled. "Who said that?" asked wife Sharon, springing from her chair. "Get up, you a--hole!" Actually, not being able to understand Ozzy may be a good thing, since every second word rhymes with "truck." This is one rocked-out, vulgar dude, all of which makes seeing him as a TV dad all the more hilarious. "I'm a normal dad and the kids tell me to go screw myself," explained Ozzy.

JediTricks
03-17-2002, 07:14 PM
A huge thanks to big T here, if Thrawn hadn't mentioned this show to me, I never would have watched it as I am TOTALLY disinterested with MTV these days and wouldn't have caught any ads. I caught both of the first two eps over this weekend since MTV plays this show like a thousand times a week and this series is fantastic. I love when Kelly hits Jack and Jack yells "that was on camera! I'm gonna show this to MOM!!!", classic funny and real stuff.

However, if Sharon thinks Ozzy doesn't need translation, she's dilluted, I have to tape this show just so I can rewind to understand what he's getting at.

What amazes me most about this show is it's something on MTV and it actually has something to do with MUSIC! :crazed:

2-1B
03-17-2002, 07:28 PM
JT,
the Jack and Kelly battles are are classic! I thought it was neat that they showed Kelly chastizing Jack for telling people he was Ozzy's son to get into clubs and such. Certainly gives the show a rep as being "real".

Man, I wish I had a 2:30 curfew at age 14 . . .

Speaking of subtitles, I'm reminded of the Judas Priest Behind the Music - one of those guys was speaking English and they DID subtitle him. That was great :D

Wolfwood319
03-17-2002, 08:58 PM
That kid is nuts! Did you see the first episode where he and Ozzy put the bayonet on the rifle, and then later he's standing in the yard in full military fatigues stabbing a cardboard box?!?!

Ozzy is the best! He's the most level-headed person in that family. That bit with the chair after the dog chewed it up was hilarious. But him with the TV remote was the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Was that Elijah Wood in the latest episode?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-17-2002, 11:51 PM
I wonder why Ozzy's other older daughter chose not to be on camera. It be interesting to see how dysfunctional she is and whether or not the f-bomb comes out of her mouth every other word just like it does with the rest of the family! :happy:

SirSteve
03-18-2002, 12:18 AM
I just have to throw this in but during Toy Fair of 2000, Ozzy did a press conference to promote his McFarlane toys and I got to meet him. Seemed nice. You have to really listen to understand him as he talks in a low voice with that accent (unless he is yelling at his family). ;)

I highly suggest everyon check this show out!

Emperor Howdy
03-18-2002, 02:38 AM
I haven't seen the dog poo episode yet, but the first one was hilarious. I remember when I heard about the show before it was on, and I was like, "Oh no, Ozzy....what are you doing!?" I thought it would be a typical, cheezy, scripted MTV failure.......boy was I off!! It's classic. Actually, I'm surprised they're being cool enough to show it since MTV is all about hip-hop and Britney Spears.

I've never met Ozzy like some of you lucky dogs, but I saw him play with the original Sabbath line-up at Ozzfest.....it was unforgetable. I thought they'd do "Ironman" and "Paranoid", and call it a night. Pffffffft...try like two-hours of classics like "Into the Void", "Children of the Grave", "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath", "Lord of this World", "After Forever", "Black Sabbath", "N.I.B."........it was insaaaaaaaane!!! :D

2-1B
03-18-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
I wonder why Ozzy's other older daughter chose not to be on camera. It be interesting to see how dysfunctional she is and whether or not the f-bomb comes out of her mouth every other word just like it does with the rest of the family! :happy:

I believe she was born shortly after the release of Blizzard of Ozz, so she should be in her early 20s . . . I thought maybe she went off to school. Just a guess though :)

Howdy, I agree that the reunited Sabs were awesome, but last year I was disappointed that they only played a 90 minute set.
Oh well :cool:

Fulit
03-18-2002, 09:33 AM
Ozzy's oldest daughter is 18 and not as invloved in the show, according to an article about the show in my local newspaper. She seems quite straight for having grown up w/ Ozzy as dad, did anyone see the scene from the show where she's chastising Jack for watching a "movie about marijuana-smoking"?

2-1B
03-18-2002, 01:55 PM
That was Aimee ? I thought so at first but then I figured that since she's not on much . . . maybe she was a babysitter or something.

Thanks for the clarification Fulit ! :)

SWAFMAN
04-05-2002, 12:34 AM
this has to be another Nostradamus-type sign (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=49726#post49726) of the coming apocalypse.....
Ozzy invited to the White House! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/tv_and_radio/newsid_1911000/1911033.stm)

this has to be one the best examples of irony/karma ever documented:

Viewers see Osbourne [.... ], arguing with neighbours who keep him awake at night by playing folk music too loud and...

Wolfwood319
04-05-2002, 12:56 AM
Man I love this show, this family is hilarious. Ozzy is the most grounded person in that family, and that is funny. In the latest episode there was this 3 minute spot of Ozzy trying to throw something away, only to find the garbage can didn't have a bag in it. Then we see him put new bags in the garbage, mumbling to himself. I thought that was drop dead funny.

2-1B
04-05-2002, 01:21 AM
Fulit, I'm not convinced that was Aimee on the show. I read an article that said she moved out when the cameras moved in. Sharon said she's really normal compared to the rest of them.

Sometimes it seems like she is the other daughter, but in the episode where Kelly talks with Ozzy about her cringe OBGYN appt, that same girl is in the room while Kelly complains about something Aimee said regarding the doctor visit.

I just wish they would label some of the background people that come in and out of the show, it would be easier to follow :)

Fulit
04-05-2002, 09:56 AM
You're right, Caesar, I just read a thing the other day that said that girl is their nanny. I was confused. In the same article, I think, Sharon was talking about their oldest daughter, comparing her to the daughter on Absoulutely Fabulous, saying, "she's totally emabarrased by us." Probably the same article you read, or close.

JediTricks
04-06-2002, 02:55 AM
I believe that's Melinda the "nanny", not Aimee. And this show is just getting better and better, I hope Ozzy and kin do a second season. This is easily the best show on MTV.

2-1B
04-06-2002, 03:11 AM
Melinda, yes that's what I thought her name was. At one point she says, "good one Ozzy", but that's not all that strange for some kids. And when she was "nagging" Jack about his marijuana movies, she seemed like the big sister type. It would be cool to see Aimee sometime, just for a frame of reference to the other two kids.

Other Osbournes observations: How great does next week's look? Ozzy lecturing Jack on his no weed in his house policy, that should be good.

Also, I just read an AP report yesterday that Kelly will be covering Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" Let me look for that . . .

JediTricks
04-06-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

Also, I just read an AP report yesterday that Kelly will be covering Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach" Let me look for that . . . Yup, she's gonna do the cover with Incubus members Mike Einziger and Jose Pasillas. Kelly claims it was Sharon's idea. :D

2-1B
04-06-2002, 03:35 AM
Good point JT, if it bombs she can always blame mom. :D Hey, I found that article. I can't link to it directly, I'll just post the clip here for anyone interested:

APRIL 05, 06:07 ET
NEW YORK (AP) — Ozzy Osbourne's teen-age daughter is following in her father's musical footsteps, but don't expect her to bark at the moon.

Kelly Osbourne is recording a cover of ``Papa Don't Preach,'' a No. 1 hit for Madonna in 1986, with Incubus members Mike Einziger and Jose Pasillas II.

The guys in Incubus have been friends with the Osbournes since first playing the Ozzfest concert tour in 1998, Incubus spokeswoman Melissa Dragich said Thursday. Einziger, the guitarist, and Pasillas, the drummer, agreed to back Kelly up before the band begins a U.S. tour next week.

But Kelly says she didn't choose to sing Madonna's rebellious pop song, which will appear on the soundtrack to the hit new MTV series ``The Osbournes,'' due out in May.

``My mom did and asked me to do it,'' the pink-haired 17-year-old told MTV News this week. ``I'm kind of (worried) because I don't think I'm a very good singer.''

Tycho
04-06-2002, 05:49 AM
Anyone know anything about this show?

Is it a sit-com about life in the house of Ozzy Osbourne?

Does it really star his real family?

What are the shows like?

Or has it started yet? Is it worth watching?

When does it come on? What channel?

Is it supposed to be funny, dramatic, or what?

Do you like Ozzy's music? Is that a part of the program?

Is Ozzy always drunk or sounding like he's on drugs? If he's clean and sober now, is he really brain-damaged?

Do you think he has a mouse droid?

2-1B
04-06-2002, 05:55 AM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4940

I like his music, I see him in concert every year. :)

Tycho
04-06-2002, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the update. Can somebody please tell me what time I can see that show Pacific Standard Time?

I've got my MTV.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-07-2002, 08:20 PM
Awful. To me, it's a part of what's wrong with not only television, but society in general. What we venerate and enjoy is just plain terrible. I could care less about it. I have nothing against Ozzy himself, but "telling it like it is" is just another way of saying "bleep you, I don't care what you think, it's what I think that matters!"
:( :mad: :frus:

2-1B
04-07-2002, 11:13 PM
BOO ! BOO ! :D :D :D

You do make some good points Bel-Cam. :)

For me though, it's just that I've been an Ozzy fan for so long. Whenever I see him do an interview, it cracks me up - and some of the stuff he does on that show really makes me laugh. My favorite parts are those dealing with his concerts and record promotion, like the appearance on Leno and TRL, and also his show prepping (debating the use of bubbles on stage).

If the show was based on a rock star I don't like (i.e. Marilyn Manson, Fred Durst, that guy from Corn, Dave Matthews, etc.), I wouldn't care to watch it myself. The only "reality" show I will watch is The Osbournes. :)

Thrawn
04-09-2002, 02:05 AM
Hey Tycho - just shut up and watch it - then you wouldn't have to ask 100 questions ;)

Bel-Cam - BOOOO you probably watch Baywatch!
I wouldn't be caught dead watching crap like Survivor, The Bachelor, Chains of Love, Love Cruise, *****master or whatever. I've been a fan of Ozzy since the early 80s and have all of his music on CD - he is a legend. It is so damn funny to peek into his real life. Like he says on his new CD "I'm not the kind of person you think I am. I'm not the anti-christ or the Iron man." And the show proves it!

Weird thing is Howard Stern came up for the idea for the show, he had them on 2 weeks ago talking about it. Howard told an awesome story about how he and the Osbournes went out to dinner and how Ozzy went to the bathroom around 11 times. Ozzy says his bladder is the size of a pea! :eek:

So in the bathroom they have one of those white noise machines playing ocean sounds and Ozzy thinks it is the REAL ocean and he is standing on the toliet trying to hear the ocean out the window (and there are NO windows!) :D

I've watched every episode twice, can't wait for the new one tomorrow....I just wish they showed if Oz really did throw that log through the neighbors window or if it was a scam.

Also - how funny is it to see these guys kissing his sons' a*s? "Let's call the band Jack Sabbath."

2-1B
04-09-2002, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by Thrawn
It is so damn funny to peek into his real life. Like he says on his new CD "I'm not the kind of person you think I am. I'm not the anti-christ or the Iron man."

"I hope Ozzy never stops 'cause, it gets me through." :p

Also - how funny is it to see these guys kissing his sons' a*s? "Let's call the band Jack Sabbath."

I was surprised at how Jack honestly seemed to like that. :D

Tomorrow's is gonna be funny, a legendary drug addict lecturing the kids about pot in his house !

Fulit
04-09-2002, 03:07 AM
*****master! Ha!

To me its kind of about whether its worse to say the word *u**, or actually go out and do it to every and anyone who's willing. Or what about people who do both? :stupid: Ah, nevermind.................

JEDIpartner
04-09-2002, 09:23 AM
and you've got bubbles coming out all over the place!!! :mad:

I loved it when Ozzy stomped off and plopped his feeble arse into that director's chair and it toppled backward! That was hilarious!!

I also cracked up when he was yelling at Sharon about the itinerary regarding a back-to-back performance schedule and how he was NOT going to do Albuquerque... cut to concert scene: "Hello Albuquerque!!!!"

Bel-Cam Jos
04-09-2002, 11:32 AM
Bel-Cam - BOOOO you probably watch Baywatch!
I wouldn't be caught dead watching crap like Survivor, The Bachelor, Chains of Love, Love Cruise, *****master or whatever. I've been a fan of Ozzy since the early 80s and have all of his music on CD - he is a legend. It is so damn funny to peek into his real life. Like he says on his new CD "I'm not the kind of person you think I am. I'm not the anti-christ or the Iron man." And the show proves it!

I watch NO "reality TV" shows because they aren't "reality," and they aren't interesting to me! Here's my take on them:

"I hate [person's name] because they disrespected me! And let me tell you about them..."

"Well, I'm a free-spirited, spontaenous people... uh, can we do that take again?"

"How can I show off my body yet still claim that I'm being objectified?"

"Respect me for my mind, as I eat this worm or swim in waste."

"The one thing that really prepared me for this Reality Show was the 3 weeks I spent wihtout eating fruit-filled doughnuts."

"I'd make a great contestant on [pick a show's name] because I was already planning on selling myself out."

:frus: :mad: :cry:

JediTricks
04-09-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I also cracked up when he was yelling at Sharon about the itinerary regarding a back-to-back performance schedule and how he was NOT going to do Albuquerque... cut to concert scene: "Hello Albuquerque!!!!" That was a great scene, though watching Ozzy hollar at Sharon about being only about money was kinda harsh (I mean, she IS his manager! What does he want, she should only be concerned with how it affects Tipper Gore?).

This show is so great, it's gonna be depressing when it's over.

It's on tonight at 10:30pm Pacific/Eastern.

2-1B
04-10-2002, 11:45 AM
Well, last night's episode was the first one I didn't laugh at all the way through. When Ozzy was warning Jack about the dangers of getting addicted and said, "just look at me", I thought that was pretty moving. :(

But I laughed like a goon while he was chasing the cat that escaped outside! :D

InsaneJediGirl
04-10-2002, 12:47 PM
Orginally Posted by Caesar
When Ozzy was warning Jack about the dangers of getting addicted and said, "just look at me", I thought that was pretty moving. :(

I thought is was too Caesar..at least Ozzy knows he messed up
along the way in life instead of claiming it never happened like some stars.

I dont get Jack and his habits(although I am the same age he is)..I would have been killed trying to pull the stuff he does!

Jedi Clint
04-10-2002, 02:38 PM
I've seen a few episodes now (including the one last night). I just can't believe that something so entertaining is on MTV! I enjoyed Ozzy limping around after the cat and grumbling :)

Mandalorian Candidat
04-10-2002, 02:43 PM
I've seen this thread for quite a while and never bothered looking at it because for some reason I thought the Osbournes was some kind of freakin claymation show on Comedy Central. After seening something about it on ESPN I finally realized it was about Ozzy and Family.

Crap, it sound like a great show but I don't have cable. Maybe it'll get rerun in on the PAX network in the future. Of course they'll have to edit it down for content so it'll run about the length of two commercials. :)

Thrawn
04-10-2002, 02:54 PM
This is the 10,000th post in this forum - I win !!;)

This show needs to be an hour long at least. I am so bummed when it ends - I want more, more, more !!!

Another favorite is the leather dog Oz uses to tease Lola! Drives the dog nuts.

I was also trying to figure out the Pinball game in the game room - looked like Episode I, but I'm not positive yet...

Oz is supposed to be a huge WWII/Nazi memorabilia collector - but all we ever see is the gun he and Jack run around with - wonder where he keeps it all...?

InsaneJediGirl
04-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Orginally Posted by Thrawn
I was also trying to figure out the Pinball game in the game room - looked like Episode I, but I'm not positive yet...

It is a Episode 1 Pinball game..it was featured in the MTV show "Cribs"

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2002, 06:23 PM
FYI, ABC Primetime had a blurb about The Osbournes on their show last night. It looked pretty funny. They had a few lines of heavily bleeped dialogue. Is that dinky dog the one everybody's been talking about? It looks about the size of that bat that got decapitated by Ozzy on stage. :)

Fulit
04-11-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Is that dinky dog the one everybody's been talking about? It looks about the size of that bat that got decapitated by Ozzy on stage. :)

You mean the one Ozzy questioned whether it had "an extra tank in its a**", because it peed so much? God, that's funny. I don't know why, but for some reason I just find that really funny.

Fulit
04-15-2002, 12:13 AM
Fans of the show, rejoice! I just read somewhere that the show has been picked up for another season. Hope it's true. Anyone else hear anything like this?

2-1B
04-15-2002, 12:21 AM
The new issue of Entertainment Weekly is supposed to have a cover story on the show. I'm looking forward to reading that. :)

InsaneJediGirl
04-15-2002, 03:23 PM
Tomorrow on the Rosie O'Donnell(sp?) Show,they're going to have Sharon on to discuss the show and the like.

Thrawn
04-16-2002, 09:50 PM
Whenever the show ends I'm so bummed! I need at least 2 new hours a week - it is more addictive than any drug;)

Did anyone else see Ozzy when he was on Howard Stern and Paul McCartney was on? They asked Oz something and even after 6 tries I still have no idea what he said. I was laughing for 10 minutes.

It sounded like "I'm faithful to his face"...

2-1B
04-17-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Fans of the show, rejoice! I just read somewhere that the show has been picked up for another season. Hope it's true. Anyone else hear anything like this?

I've heard the same, with speculation that it might follow them through their home in England.

The E.W. cover story was pretty good, I was most interested in Ozzy's current addictions. Apparently he's been having a problem with abusing Vicodin. He said that if the doctor tells him to take 1 every 5 hours, he will actually take 5 every hour. :cry:

Jedi Clint
04-17-2002, 01:58 AM
I had to catch my breath after laughing hysterically when Ozzy stepped in the dog water dish and emptied it's contents onto the floor. Earlier in the show, he had expressed displeasure in it's location because it was under a table he liked to sit at. The bowl kept getting spilled, and he was tired of cleaning it up. His wife adamantly told him it belonged there. I believe this happened when he and his son were discussing something that stressed Ozzy out, and that made it all the more hillarious. How did the plant get broken!? I'm sure that only added to his frustration.....and my entertainment ;)! He had to clean it all up :D .....but it looked like his son helped a little.

Thrawn
04-17-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
How did the plant get broken!?

A cat jumped up and knocked it down - they showed the cat there.

I loved when he picked the bowl up and threw it out the door.

I can't believe Sharon is going to urinate in that skater's Jack Daniels bottle next week!

What a cliff hanger....

Watch Howard Stern on E! tonight - the Osbournes will be on.

InsaneJediGirl
04-17-2002, 05:23 PM

I can't believe Sharon is going to urinate in that skater's Jack Daniels bottle next week!

So THATS what she was going to do with it..How funny:eek:

hamsterboy
04-18-2002, 02:13 AM
Saw the Howard Stern Show on E! That was great!

JediTricks
04-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Yeah, that was a great little "extra episode" of the show. Poor Kelly...

2-1B
04-21-2002, 02:26 AM
SNL did a parody tonight, with Horatio Sanz as Ozzy. He shifted around kinda like Oz and his speech was totally incoherent. But they were in a recording studio and when "Ozzy" sang he was easy to understand. The engineer kept telling Oz to sing when he answered a question (including his lunch order :D ). Amy Poehler came in as Sharon, with a heavy accent, calling him Daddy and complaining about how Jack bayonetted the dog. At the end "Jack and Kelly" ran in, with a bayonett and bright pink hair. "Sharon" and the kids ended up in an expletive riddled shouting match. :)

The goof on the family was decent, but what I really liked was the way "Ozzy" sang his answers to the tune of his own songs.

Thrawn
04-21-2002, 01:19 PM
Wow! Someone actually watches SNL??

I haven't seen it since Eddie Murphy was a regular.

It's amazing how much The Osbournes has taken off. They are on a bunch of magazine covers right now and ever radio talk show is talking about them. Funny thing is no host understands why they show is so poular.

If they can't see the humor, then need their heads examined.

SWAFMAN
04-21-2002, 01:59 PM
I've yet to see an episode, but want to. I'm sorta holding out for a marathon where I can watch, or better yet, tape it & then scan through the ads. If anyone hears of a marathon, please post here. Thanks!

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 02:37 AM
Bummer, next week's ep is the season finale, and the family Osbourne hasn't signed the contract yet. This week's christmas ep was really wild, everybody was weird and there was yet another Osbourne. I don't know what to think about the security guard getting busted though.

2-1B
05-02-2002, 02:44 AM
I haven't seen this week's episode yet, but I must say I was disgusted by last week's "special house guest" Jason Dill. :mad:

The Stern show on E! has been running Ozzy episodes all week, unfortunately tonight I couldn't watch due to storm interference. So much for my marathon :( Last night Ozzy was on with Jack circa 1997, Jack was 11 years old and rather pleasant. :D A polite young man, not obnoxious as we often see on the show.

InsaneJediGirl
05-02-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Bummer, next week's ep is the season finale, and the family Osbourne hasn't signed the contract yet.

I also feel the same way JT.No doubt MTV is trying hard to get them back for a second season though,with all the ratings and buzz about the show.

Christmas was funny!I think Sharon was drunk when she started singing at the dinner table.

Thrawn
05-02-2002, 01:41 PM
There is talk the Osbournes want $20 million for a next season and I think Mtv paid them $20 for the first season, cheap jerks won't pay that much.

And only 10 episodes from 2 months worth of taping!? I bet they end the season and then throw out a $25 DVD with 2 extra episodes (uncensored) this month.

Now they are talking Jack and Kelly action figures!?

Did you see Kelly on Howard last night? Was like 12 with long blond hair - scary how much people can change when they hit puberty and then think they are adults.

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 09:30 PM
I heard the family only got paid somewhere in the low 7 figures for season 1.

I thought the kids on Howard were fantastic! Jack was so bright, before the weight of the world pressed down against his pubescent shoulders, and Kelly seemed... like a younger version of herself. ;) Aimee certainly looked much older than her sister, I thought they were only a year apart. She seemed in that ep to take after her mom more than dear old dad.

Here's hoping that season 2 happens and we get many more hours of season 1 on DVD. MTV doesn't get ad revenues for that, and you don't have to watch 12 mins of commercials!

InsaneJediGirl
05-03-2002, 09:17 AM
I watched E.T. last night and Kelly said that they are in the final
week of the legal stuff and plan on shooting in a few months.:D

I'm with you on the DVD JT.Longer with un-cut scenes would be
great..and would also rack in a lot of money for MTV.:greedy:

2-1B
05-03-2002, 01:14 PM
Did anyone see the 1999 feud of Sharon vs. those moronic Insane Clown Posse guys on Stern last night? :eek:

While I was watching, the E! news ticker did say the Osbournes are coming back for another season. :)

JediTricks
05-04-2002, 12:53 AM
It says on E! online that Sharon said they ARE coming back, but MTV said they're still in negotiations for the final amount (rumored to be 20 million!!!)

I saw that ep of Stern, Sharon was really wild! I wanted to see her kick ICP's arses!

2-1B
05-04-2002, 02:21 AM
Here here JT !

I'm not even saying that Sharon's the best business manager (I'm not saying she isn't either, because there is some pretty telling evidence of her success;) ) but I've never cared for ICP and that behavior locked in my opinion. It's funny though, that episode is approx. 3 years old, and I can't think of the last time I heard about ICP. Well, not counting WCW wrestling and clearance priced action figures. :rolleyes:

I watched tonight's shows and indeed E!'s news show did say the negotiations have not been finalized as you mentioned. BUT the hosts said it was rumored to be around 20 mil over two seasons, that's the first I heard of that detail.

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 12:28 AM
Thrawn and I still believe they could get a second season out of the footage they shot for season 1.

As for ICP, I think you're right. :D

InsaneJediGirl
05-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Did everyone see "Dinner with Ozzy" last night?That was great,I loved seeing the new footage!I'm glad he explained his family..I'm with him on not thinking they're odd.Most American families are partially like that,in my opinion.

2-1B
05-08-2002, 09:47 PM
Yep, I watched it! I liked how Ozzy talked about his stammering when he gets excited. And the way he looks at each course that the chef brings? Classic. :D He had an interesting perspective of Jack, saying he's a good boy most of the time. Jack may seem like a hellion to me, but compared to Ozzy in his youth he is pretty tame. I liked that perspective.

I was taken back a bit by some of the interaction between Melinda, Sharon, and Kelly. ESPECIALLY Sharon and Kelly. :sur:

I look forward to a new season. :)

InsaneJediGirl
05-08-2002, 09:59 PM

I was taken back a bit by some of the interaction between Melinda, Sharon, and Kelly. ESPECIALLY Sharon and Kelly. :sur:

Same here:eek:.I also liked when Ozzy piped up at the Blueberry thing and asked "Whats this?"

I dont get why everyone screamed about the stray cat inside.I mean it was just cat,not something from the Shining.How did it
even get inside in the first place?:confused: We may never know..:cry:

I want the second season to come,rumor is that most of the 2nd season will be filmed in England.

2-1B
05-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Oh yes IJG, thanks for reminding me about the cat! :)

I was laughing so hard as he shouted "SHUT UP!" when they would scream. I wanted to tell them to quiet down myself. :D

Thrawn
05-08-2002, 10:43 PM
This episode shows what made the series grea - Ozzy reminscing and highlights of the best bits with new stuff thrown in.

It is so funny when people can't see the obvious like when Oz said Kelly isn't like her mom!? They look the same and act the same.

When Ozzy was talking about having A.D.D. and couldn't remember what it was and they showed him saying 'what!?" all those times was drop down hilarious!

Did anyone catch the sick exchange where Kelly and Sharon were sticking their fingers in their private parts and trying to get each other to sniff it!!? SICK SICK SICK!!

I also loved Kelly trying to get Sharon to cook. She hates the smell of food cooking?! That's the best part!
"Mom, you are drunk."
"Am not."
"Dad?"
"You're drunk Sharon."

SWAFMAN
05-08-2002, 10:46 PM
I've still not seen an episode, and I'm holding out for a marathon so I can see/record the whole season in one shot. if anyone hears about an ozzy marathon (ozzython?) pleeeeezzze lemme know!! thanks.

2-1B
05-08-2002, 11:00 PM
Swaffy, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I have noticed in the past that they like to do chunks of 4-5 episodes in a row, so with 13 episodes it might take you 2 or 3 sittings.

There are 13 episodes, right? :confused:

InsaneJediGirl
05-09-2002, 09:08 AM
Swaffy, I'll keep my eyes peeled. I have noticed in the past that they like to do chunks of 4-5 episodes in a row, so with 13 episodes it might take you 2 or 3 sittings.

There are 13 episodes, right? :confused:

Yeah,I think 13 is the correct number.Swaffy..try keeping an eye out this Sat/Sun,MTV probably wont show all Episodes,but probably a couple of the final ones.

SWAFMAN
05-09-2002, 11:30 AM
thanks, folks!!

...and to avoid any appearance of post-padding, thanks Caesar, for the info in the post three places bleow this one, too!

2-1B
05-09-2002, 01:07 PM
How funny was it when Sharon duped Oz into eating that Listerine breath strip by telling him it was gum ? ? ? :D

InsaneJediGirl
05-09-2002, 02:31 PM
How funny was it when Sharon duped Oz into eating that Listerine breath strip by telling him it was gum ? ? ? :D

Ozzy-This isnt F***ing gum!

And Swaffy...The Osbournes are on right now :D

2-1B
05-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Swafmeister and others interested in a block showing,
I went ahead and checked my Dishnetwork online channel guide, and there are no marathons planned before May19th. Only back to back episodes here and there of what I presume to be the last two shows.

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 08:52 PM
Fantastic ep, I thoroughly enjoyed every single second. I thought Ozzy talking about his family background and why he doesn't keep secrets was very engrossing - I could have watched tons more of that.

Thrawn
05-10-2002, 09:48 PM
Just to clarify there are only a paltry 10 episodes.

I don't get the point of waiting for a 'marathon' that's like saying you won't watch Star Wars 4, 5 +6 until 1,2+3 are done.

Just watch em!

Have you ever had that listerine crap!? It is awful - sticks to your tongue and the sour taste overwhelms you and it won't come off and then disappears - it's much funnier when you've tried that blue stamp yourself.

I also loved when Ozzy said all he got for xmas when he was a kid was a dirty sock filled with a couple nuts, pennies and crap!!

2-1B
05-10-2002, 09:53 PM
I've had the Listerine strips, overwhelming indeed. :)

Tonight on 20/20 in a Mother's Day edition John Stossel will sit down with Sharon and the kids. ET showed a clip where he "grills" Sharon for letting the kids out all night and also for the ham throwing incident. He also took exception to her acceptance that the kids drink and do other illegal acts because "all the other kids" do it. I think it's on in 5 minutes, I might check that out . . .

InsaneJediGirl
05-10-2002, 10:06 PM
I've had those strips..mine didnt dissolve!I even stuck it in a glass of water...werid:crazed:

Caesar,I normally like John Stossel but hes gone to far this time by picking on the Osbournes.I think I will glance at it..I wonder if Sharon is going to throw a ham at him:evil: :crazed: :crazed: Or tell him to "f off":eek:

2-1B
05-10-2002, 10:50 PM
I went ahead and watched it, a 12 minute segment. To my disgust, there was very little of the Stossel interview when compared to the 2 shrinks they had to evaluate the show. One woman was pretty praiseworthy of Ozzy especially for being a good father, focusing on honesty and affection. The other lady was pretty critical of Sharon (and Oz) for not disciplining the kids by taking away car, clubbing, and credit card privileges.

In general, the segment started off with a "why does anyone watch this?" query, and I'll say personally that if I weren't a fan of Sabbath and Ozzy, I couldn't care less. :) Do a show following the family of a star whose work I don't care for, and I probably wouldn't watch it.

The reporter who intro/outro'd the piece said that the show might come back for 2 seasons / $20 mil. He said there might be a few book deals too, to which Baba Wowow quipped something to the effect of family values . . . let me double check that, I just forgot what she said. :crazed:

JediTricks
05-12-2002, 11:33 PM
Supposedly, the company that did the Powerman 5000 Kubrick-style figures has signed a deal to do Osbournes figures in this style; check out this pic from the figures.com Tokyo Toy Show coverage: http://64.246.20.119/gallery/album35/aaa
(hopefully, it won't move to a new location)

I don't think there are many other rock stars with personalities so interesting and who involve their families so deeply, so I doubt that there'd be anything on the magnatude of what we get from Ozzy & family interesting enough to warrant a series.

2-1B
05-13-2002, 01:54 AM
Well, Gene Simmons is still behind the ball, trying to latch on to any hot property that comes along - apparantly a TV show called Extra (?) has been showing clips of The Simmons. :rolleyes:

JT, I checked that link and the pic of Ozzy on the standee is hilarious! The other 3 are just standing there looking at the camera, while Ozzy is making a monster face (Beavis and Butthead reference :D )

SithDroid
05-13-2002, 02:03 AM
The Simmons will not be as great at The Osbournes. Ozzy is just plain hilarious, which is why people watch the show.

Did anyone see Conan O'Brien a couple of days ago? They had an Ozzy segment on where he came and visited the offices of O'Brien and his staff, it was hilarious.

2-1B
05-13-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid
The Simmons will not be as great at The Osbournes
Agreed :)

Ozzy is just plain hilarious
Agreed :) Whereas Gene is an arrogant arse

which is why people watch the show
Agreed :)
And the above statement about Gene is why I WON'T watch his "show".

Did anyone see Conan O'Brien a couple of days ago? They had an Ozzy segment on where he came and visited the offices of O'Brien and his staff, it was hilarious.

THANKS for reminding me! I saw it advertised and I threw in a tape - I forgot all about it! They showed Ozzy and Conan sitting down together doing a song, that looked great.

InsaneJediGirl
05-13-2002, 09:17 AM
I saw one "Episode" of The Simmions while waiting for a SW trailer to show..The Simmions had to be the worst knock-off ever.

I saw Ozzy and Sharon on FOX Magazine yesterday.Very funny,because Sharon kept cutting Ozzy off when he went to speak.Finally,he just sat back and kept quiet.:D

Also,I was watching te X-Mas episode last night.Is it just me,or does Kelly look like Ozzy's mom when she was 16?

SWAFMAN
05-14-2002, 07:24 PM
Great Ozzy quote from 2/14/02 NY Daily News, Rush & Molloy column

Ozzy Osbourne is coming perilously close to respectability. First the demonic rocker schmoozes with President Bush in Washington. Then former Veep Dan Quayle hails him as a model husband. Now Queen Elizabeth has invited him to perform at her Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace on June 3. "I'm not proud of everything I've done," the venerated ex-Black Sabbath star has said on his MTV show. "I'm not proud of all the drugs and booze, or biting the head off a few animals. But I was young. ... Still, it could be worse. I could be Sting"

2-1B
05-14-2002, 10:09 PM
Good catch Swaffy! I saw a clip of Danny Quayle's speech on E! News Live while awaiting a Star Wars report. :)

Speaking of Buckingham Palace, I believe Oz recently told the story of the guys who arrested him for urinating on the Alamo and how they asked him if he would like it if they went to England and did the same to Buckingham Palace.
Ozzy's response? "I don't care, I don't live there." :D

George W. Lucas watches The Osbournes. :cool:

Thrawn
05-15-2002, 06:46 PM
Last night was the first Tuesay w/no new ep! :cry:

It seems season 2 will be in London - Sharon, Jack and Kelly were on Howard Stern and they talked about it.

Howard was saying how phony Rosie O Donnell was for latching on to Sharon and Sharon was saying it wasn't true...then Jack agreed w/Howard - great stuff. I'm sure it'll be on E! soon.

SWAFMAN
05-18-2002, 05:29 PM
UK premiere of Osbournes delayed / Nugent takes Ozzy potshot (http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/16416.htm)

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 06:50 PM
Ted Nugent is a 'tard.

2-1B
05-20-2002, 03:57 AM
Sweaty Uncle Teddy?

huh. I saw him open a few concerts, I'd say "blathering idiot" is a better description of Ted than Ozzy.

Major credit to the Nuge for not even needing booze and drugs to ruin his personal relationships. :rolleyes:

Thrawn
05-20-2002, 11:07 PM
Watch Howard Stern on E1 tonight for a new ep w/Sharon, Kelly and Jack. (Last week's radio interview)

I hear Nugent talking about Ozzy live on the radio.

Now Sharon said if she ever sees him she'll gut his d ick off...funny stuff!

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Stern is really becoming an annoying hanger-on about the Osbournes. Part one of the interview, which aired last night, felt like Stern was the family's sleazy worthless old manager, the kind who'd say things like "I knew them way back when they were nothing, they owe me". I know Stern's never been afraid to enjoy the fame of being a friend to the famous, but this seemed different.

BTW, I think Artie should be shot out of a cannon, this guy gets more annoying every time he opens his mouth - I'd love to see Sharon smack him upside the head for that lame Ozzy impersonation he won't stop doing.

Thrawn
05-21-2002, 10:36 PM
I'm the 100th reply to my own thread! wooooo;)

Howard is sounding like a baby...oh well, he is good at that!

You can tell Jack has depression - he probably need counseling.

Can't believe how heavy Kelly got - like a plump Drew Barrymore.

Don't forget Part 2 of Osbournes on Howard tonight.

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 10:58 PM
I think Jack might have been OK once he gets out of his teens, but the series probably pushed him over the edge and he probably does need some therapy.

2-1B
05-22-2002, 04:21 AM
JT, I don't follow the show too much (the radio show is not even broadcast here, and I only watch the E! show on an infrequent basis) but I'm inclined to agree with you re: Artie based on the times I've experienced him. I'm not sure what he brings to the show, but with Jackie ( :rolleyes: ) at least there were times when Howard said something that I just knew was written by Jacko. I dunno, maybe I haven't heard enough . . .

Hey, what did you think of Craig Gass (?) when he filled in? I didn't see too much of him, but the times I did watch, he was really goofin' on Gene Simmons - splendidly so!

Is Artie now the permanent replacement?

JediTricks
05-22-2002, 05:26 PM
Ok, I saw part 2 last night and it's just more of the same. I don't think Kelly has gained weight at all, I think she may have lost some, it's just that she's kinda frumpy due probably to both her parents genetics and has that giant Ozzy face.

That guy who was goofing on Gene Simmons, his schtick got old REAL fast because... well, because Gene's not really that interesting after a few minutes IMO.

Artie does appear to be permanent. I dunno why Jackie is gone since I too don't follow all this that much, but I don't get why Howard thinks he needs another monkey in that seat - could just as easily have nobody sit there and the show wouldn't suffer.

Dooku Fett
05-24-2002, 09:46 PM
That show kicks major ***$.

InsaneJediGirl
05-30-2002, 03:15 PM
I just read on AOL that MTV signed up the Osbournes for 20 new shows.:D:D :D

Didnt last season have 12-13???

Thrawn
05-30-2002, 10:27 PM
Here is the link for the 2nd season article.

http://tv.yahoo.com/fc/ytv/the_osbournes/

Last season had a measly 10 eps!?! Should've been 20.

Look for summer specials in a month or so.

JT - Jackie left Stern because he never got his contract renegotiated and left Howard hanging - so Howard said just forget it.

JediTricks
05-30-2002, 11:18 PM
thanks for the 411 on Jackie. Doesn't explain why they keep lame-arse Artie around though.

Glad to hear the Osbournes are coming back, even 20 eps isn't enough. I really hope they put the first season on DVD by the end of this year, with tons more stuff we never got to see.

2-1B
05-31-2002, 02:27 AM
Didn't Howard often pull a stunt where he whined on air about not getting his contract demands and so he would be leaving?
That's third party info to me, correct me if I'm mistaken. Curious that Howie would let the audience hang for awhile . . . :D

Osbournes . . . I heard recently that Sharon is hosting the concert for the Queen that Ozzy has been booked to play. Should be an extra treat since I planned on watching for Oz anyway.

pthfnder89
05-31-2002, 10:01 AM
I think Jack might have been OK once he gets out of his teens, but the series probably pushed him over the edge and he probably does need some therapy.

Or a smack upside the head.

I've only seen a couple of shows because he and Kelly just irritate the hell out of me. Watching Ozzie being a regular dad is pretty funny but every time the kids come on screen I just change the channel. Kelly is the slightly better of the two because even though she's a whiny twerp she at least has something interesting to say on occasion.

But Jack just makes me want to scratch my eyes out and stuff my ears with rice pudding so I don't have to witness his annoying and dull presense.

I know that all sounds pretty harsh. I think the reason they bother me so much is just that they remind me so much of a lot of the teenagers I was in school with(and that is a bad, bad thing...;))

2-1B
06-14-2002, 10:10 PM
I watched the MTV movie awards (with heavy use of the FF button ;) ), Kelly performed live for the first time. She didn't mess up or anything, so I give her credit for handling the pressure. Her rendition of "Papa Don't Preach" is OK, I don't really care either way about it.

Jack had his video camera and after the show they featured some clips of him drooling with Andrew W:rolleyes:K over Natalie Portman. Later when Sharon sat on Ben Affleck's lap, Jack asked Natalie if he could sit on her lap and she let him.

I taped the Queen's VH1 special or whatever her throne anniversary is about, but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

InsaneJediGirl
06-14-2002, 11:23 PM
I watched the MTV movie awards as well..A waste of time except for Jacks little camera "show".

Sawthe Queens VH1 Special too.Boring.In my opinion,the only good part was Ozzy and Sharon sitting out on the grass,fighting over whether they should eat the food or not :D

JediTricks
06-15-2002, 04:05 AM
I missed 'em both, but it sounds like it would have been 6 hours I found better things to have done with my life. ;)

Thrawn
06-16-2002, 01:43 AM
I taped the idiotic queen's ball - 2 hours and I edited it down to 10 minutes of "osbournes". Ozzy only did 1 song - Paranoid w/Phil Collins on drums!?!?!

Sharon seemed to be trying hard to be outrageous...saying she peed on Elton John's sofa and such.

I'll have to keep an eye out for the Mtv Awards. Maybe Jack tried to squish Nat for her less than stellar E2 performance!

If anyone is interested check your KBs - I got the Ozzy Bark at the Moon headliner for $4 - stuck him on my monitor;)

scruffziller
06-17-2002, 05:47 PM
I know this show is so popular that people that I know that hate to listen to heavy metal and won't even tune into MTV for that matter watch this show!! It has a spellbinding aura to it.

InsaneJediGirl
06-24-2002, 08:17 PM
I just read in the Star(www.starmagazine.com) that Aimee wont be returning in fall for the 20 new episodes.According to the article,Aimee is jealous of Kelly and calling Sharon a traitor.

Didnt Aimee back out of doing the song though?

JediTricks
06-24-2002, 10:27 PM
Aimee wasn't in season 1, she didn't want to be a part of the show at all, and has avoided as much publicity about it as humanly possible - as I understand it.

Thrawn
06-24-2002, 11:01 PM
IJG - you are partially correct. JT is right - Aimee wasn't in the show. She is trying to start her own music career and didn't want this to tarnish it. (read: make it on her own merits)

PS Ever hear Ozzy's semi-rare song "Aimee" - killer stuff...
"Aimee, I know I've been unkind.
Guess I wasn't much of a friend.
But I'll always love you
I'll always love you to the end...
I'll be your angel in the night."

Anyway...Aimee DID bail out on a song for the soundtrack, put together by Jack and Jack had to coerce Kelly into doing a song at the last minute...and the rest is history.

2-1B
06-25-2002, 01:03 AM
"Aimee" is a pretty cool song. :cool:

Thrawn, where did you hear it? On the "See You on the Other Side" single? :)
( I have the U.S. and Japanese versions, can't remember which one it's on [if not both?] )

Wow, that's too bad if there is a growing rift between the family . . .

Thrawn
06-26-2002, 12:12 PM
"Aimee" is a pretty cool song. :cool:

Thrawn, where did you hear it? On the "See You on the Other Side" single? :)
( I have the U.S. and Japanese versions, can't remember which one it's on [if not both?] )

Wow, that's too bad if there is a growing rift between the family . . .

Exactly - it is a B-side to "see you" also "Vodoo Dancer" is a B-side to "See you".

Hey it's no "Born to be Wild" the duet with Ms. Piggy! :D

I wouldn't say a rift - you know...teenagers. ;)

2-1B
06-26-2002, 01:51 PM
I have "Born to be Wild" on the Kermit Unpigged CD ! :D
I like how Ozzy says "I love you Piggy" at the end of the track.

Man, from Lita Ford to Lemmy to Miss Piggy, Ozzy's done a few crazy duets! :crazed:

InsaneJediGirl
06-26-2002, 10:10 PM
I have "Born to be Wild" on the Kermit Unpigged CD ! :D
I like how Ozzy says "I love you Piggy" at the end of the track.

Man, from Lita Ford to Lemmy to Miss Piggy, Ozzy's done a few crazy duets! :crazed:

"Ozzy Osbourne,The Pre-School Collection" :D :DI'm glad I've never heard any of those songs listed above.

Caesar,Your starting to scare me with those McCallum Avatars again.I think we need to start a Crisis Intervention Program for ya;)

Thrawn
06-26-2002, 10:55 PM
What about Pictures of Matchstick men w/Typo O negative
or Nowhere to Run w/DMX + Ol Dirty Bastard?

Just went to the mall for the first time in months - scored Massiff, Djas and Palp, but the Osbournes assualt has begun.

Saw 3 t-shirts, calendars, pins, keychains, stickers, buttons, notepads, notebooks, magazines and all matter of Osbournes items.

One shirt was "I'm moving in with the Osbournes" and
"There goes the #%^@ neighborhood"
Scary.

"You said it all" and "You looking at me, lookng at you" are also rare kickass B-sides w/Randy Rhodes.

2-1B
06-27-2002, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
"Ozzy Osbourne,The Pre-School Collection" :D :DI'm glad I've never heard any of those songs listed above.

M'lady, I'm telling you that song is AWESOME ! :crazed:
Heck, Ozzy singing nursery ryhmes would be better than much of the "metal" I hear on the radio today. :D

What about Pictures of Matchstick men w/Typo O negative
or Nowhere to Run w/DMX + Ol Dirty Bastard?

I wasn't too excited by Matchstick Men . . . nothing against TON but the song doesn't do much for me. The song with DMX and ODB is okay, there's some camp value. :)

What about Shock the Monkey with Coal Chamber? :dead:

One of my favorite Oz collaborations is Busta Ryhmes' cover of Iron Man - I think it's one of my top 3 songs on NIB 2.

"You said it all" and "You looking at me, looking at you" are also rare kickass B-sides w/Randy Rhodes.

Well said ! I picked up the rerereleased Blizzard of Ozz for the bonus tracks (even though the Osbournes decided to record Bordin and Trujillo over Kerslake and Daisley :rolleyes: ). But they didn't touch Randy's stuff, so I didn't complain to much. :happy:

Thrawn, I haven't noticed the merch onslaught because I haven't been looking. But when I do see it, I'll pass . . . I like scoring Ozzy collectibles from time to time but I'll stay away from stuff related to the TV show. Can you imagine writing in a Jack notebook? :confused:

Thrawn
06-27-2002, 03:22 PM
Thrawn, I haven't noticed the merch onslaught because I haven't been looking. But when I do see it, I'll pass . . . I like scoring Ozzy collectibles from time to time but I'll stay away from stuff related to the TV show. Can you imagine writing in a Jack notebook? :confused: [/B]

My favorite is "Staying ALive" w/Dweezil Zappa!

"All aboard the disco train!!!!!"
Too funny! :crazed:

Ever hear the Madonna/Ozzy crazy train remix someone did? Very weird, not that good...

As for the merchansise. You won't have to look for it - if you hit a mall, can't miss it. Posters, necklaces - all that junk. I would pick up a shirt for $10 or less. Not the $18 + tax they want.

El Chuxter
06-27-2002, 04:35 PM
Stayin' Alive, This Means War (Iron Man). . . . It's not often I encounter other people who know those songs. Shock the Monkey sounds interesting. Is that a cover of the Peter Gabriel song?

I've yet to see the Osbournes. I'm a bit curious, I must admit, but not in a particular hurry to see it. I'm not into reality shows and don't watch much TV in general anymore. I'm sure one day I'll be flipping through and will see it and enjoy it. Is it still on, or on a hiatus until next season?

And it kinda weirds me out that the same old ladies who wanted to have the Ozzman burned at the stake in the 70s and 80s now watch his show. It's probably not the case, but it smells a little of selling out, and maybe I've been subconsciously avoiding the show so as not to see a great musician pandering to the masses.

Saw the soundtrack at Target a couple of weeks ago--passed, since at a quick glance all the Ozzy stuff was already around, I (frighteningly enough) already had Pat Boone's version of Crazy Train, and, well, Kelly Osbourne's Papa Don't Preach ranks right down there with the idea of Robert Palmer doing special editions of his videos using Monkey Face Leias as his backup dancers. :eek:

Has anybody picked up the new live CD/DVD that hit shelves Tuesday yet?

JediTricks
06-27-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
And it kinda weirds me out that the same old ladies who wanted to have the Ozzman burned at the stake in the 70s and 80s now watch his show. It's probably not the case, but it smells a little of selling out, and maybe I've been subconsciously avoiding the show so as not to see a great musician pandering to the masses. My take on it is that these old ladies are simply opening their eyes and looking upon the situation with interest rather than closing their eyes and jumping to conclusions. If you ever see the show, I doubt you'll claim Ozzy is pandering to the masses - part of what makes it great is that it's not some Real World/Road Rules constantly mugging for the camera thing where they always have to watch their language while simultaniously peppering up the "plot lines", it feels like it's just Ozzy and his close-knit family being who they are. It works not because Ozzy is making up fake situations to seem more interesting, but instead because his everyday situations - like chasing the cat back into the house or answering the telephone - are naturally interesting (and usually funny).

2-1B
06-28-2002, 02:17 AM
JT is right, part of Ozzy doesn't even understand why the show is popular, so I don't know how he could sell out. Well, Sharon can always orchestrate what she wants. :D

Chux ! Welcome to our little Ozzy gathering ! There's so much I love about his career, I could on forever.
Did you ever watch the Don't Blame Me video/DVD?
MAN, does that lawyer offend me. I'm talking about the guy who represented a family in a wrongful death suit against Ozzy over Suicide Solution. Watch it sometime, you'll witness slander at its worst. :mad: What a great song Solution is! I've always found it to be nothing short of inspirational. :)

Thrawn, I have heard "Stayin Alive", any idea on how to obtain it on CD ? I could search for a dowload but I'm curious if it's available commercially. I've not heard the Madonna version, that's new to me.

I'm a big Alice Cooper fan, so you can imagine my delight at Ozzy's appearance on Hey Stoopid :)

El Chuxter
06-28-2002, 11:41 AM
Stayin' Alive was on a Dweezil Zappa album that's, sadly, out of print. I saw it once on clearance and passed it up to get later. It wasn't there later. :( I didn't rediscover it until looking for "zappa" on my brother's Napster a year or two later and only then learned of Ozzy's involvement. It's awesome! (I also highly recommend, though there's no Ozzy, Dweezil and Ahmet's cover of Baby One More Time from the Ready To Rumble soundtrack).

Haven't seen Don't Blame Me. Is it still available? I did have a little bit of an Ozzy festival yesterday. I stopped on the way home and picked up Live At Budokhan. (Haven't listened to it yet--my girlfriend doesn't like "headache music.") And I got home and checked the mail, and there's my shiny new copy of Down to Earth (which I'd not gotten yet, hoping to get it for Christmas and not realizing that everyone thought the cover was too scary)! I'm listening to DTE for the first time right now--good stuff. I must admit that I'm a tad disappointed that LAB didn't have any songs from Ozzmosis. I'd love to get a live version of Perry Mason, All I Want Is You, or Back to Earth.

Oh, and I'll watch the Osbournes next chance I get. :)

2-1B
06-28-2002, 09:43 PM
Chux, thanks for the Dweezil info. :)

Don't Blame Me DVD is still available thru BestBuy.com, so it hasn't been discontinued yet.

There's also a great b-side called Don't Blame Me originally available along with Party with the Animals I THINK on the Mama I'm Coming Home single. Those 2 tracks are now available on the rerereleased edition of No More Tears. :)

I didn't buy "Budokan" yet, you can expect my comments in the next week. :)

hmmm, song selection, yes I see your point . . . Perry Mason Live can be found on the first OZZfest CD (actually, that one was discontinued, but rereleased as a current 2 disc set).

I don't have any live versions of I Just Want You, but seeing that song live was awesome in 1996 ! I haven't seen him perform it since then . . . but it has to be on some bootlegs out there, I just don't have one. :(

Back on Earth - if you ever find a live version of this, please let me know! It's from The Ozzman Cometh (released Fall 1997), and I don't believe Ozzy did too many shows in support of
it . . . yes, there was Ozzfest '98 but he didn't do it at the show I attended.

I love this thread! The Osbournes season has been done for quite some time, but we're still going strong! :D Let me did thru my Oz collection, I'll see what other nuggets I can dig up. :)

Thrawn
06-28-2002, 11:08 PM
Chux, thanks for the Dweezil info. :)

He's leading you astray with false hopes !
The record company wimped out on including the Ozzy version of "Stayin Alive" (of course today they would jump through hoops to release it) and instead a version with Donnie Osmond was put on the Dweezil album "Confessions". It hasn't ever been released.

Don't blame me was very well done - the original "Dinner with Ozzy" - covers everything you want to know.

What about the Sabbath version of "Blue Sude Shoes"!??! That is a trip to hear.

We are going to lose JT on this thread - he is musically retarded ;)

JediTricks
06-29-2002, 12:46 AM
moo-zik?

Yeah, I'm not a huge music fan who "learns song titles" or bothers to "remember album names" or even "has a working stereo". ;) :D :dead: But feel free to go right over my head while I grin, nod, and hum a quiet little nondescript tune to myself.

2-1B
06-29-2002, 01:40 AM
He's leading you astray with false hopes !
The record company wimped out on including the Ozzy version of "Stayin Alive" (of course today they would jump through hoops to release it) and instead a version with Donnie Osmond was put on the Dweezil album "Confessions". It hasn't ever been released.

Thanks (to Thrawn :) not El Chuxter :mad: ) ! :p
How long ago was this? I remember hearing it once a few years ago (maybe 1998/1999?) but I haven't heard anything since . . . until now that is.

Don't blame me was very well done - the original "Dinner with Ozzy" - covers everything you want to know.

Yep, plus it has some cute footage of Jack and Kelly (and Aimee) before they became weird. :D Wow, Bill Ward (Sabbath drummer) gets several appearances. Who else from the rock world makes an appearance? I recall Alice Cooper, Motley Crue, Joe Elliot from Def Leppard, and of course Lemmy from Motorhead . . . why I am not surprised that Lemmy's interview is conducted in a strip club? :rolleyes:

What about the Sabbath version of "Blue Sude Shoes"!??! That is a trip to hear.

I have that ! ! ! :happy:
I bought an import disc 6 or 7 years ago called "Black Night in San Francisco", it mainly contains live footage from 1970. It was recorded after the self titled debut album was released, and before Paranoid came out the same year. Pretty nice set, it even has some oddball tracks from later years, like a song featuring Dave Walker on lead vocals (they brought him in for a gig or two after Ozzy left the first time - but he was back soon, and they ended up firing him anyway).

I have a cool video called "Black Sabbath Story vol. I" (well, the title is close to that) which has a nice look back on the Ozzy years.
It was done before Ozzy and Tony Iommi reconciled, so it has a heavy Tony POV - which is great, because Ozzy's always had a bigger podium.
I await a DVD release . . .

Thrawn
06-29-2002, 11:57 PM

but I haven't heard anything since . . . until now that is.

Dweezil's CD came out in 1991.

why I am not surprised that Lemmy's interview is conducted in a strip club? :rolleyes:

Motorhead is another favorite band of mine. Did you get their new release "Hammered"? It kicks major posterior. I think that interview spot was used in Decline of Western Civilization Part 2.

I have a cool video called "Black Sabbath Story vol. I". I await a DVD release . . .

Last Supper DVD can't hold you over? ;)
That is also a good tape, my favorite part is the ultra-mega-rare live version of the original "War Pigs".
Witches gathered in their masses...
And of course my favorite line "watch them eating dead rats innards.":eek:

El Chuxter
07-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Hmmm. . . . I assumed that the Stayin' Alive on Dweezil's album was the same as the one I found online. You know what they say happens when you assume. :)

Here's a very appropriate BSLOS:
"Well you can tell by the way I use my walk I'm a woman's man, no time to talk"

Live At Budokhan kicks some booty! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for Ozzfest Live.

(This is just a guess, Caesar, but methinks you'll be hitting stores tomorrow for Aerosmith's O Yeah same as me. :)

2-1B
07-04-2002, 12:17 AM
The first 2 Ozzfest shows are being rescheduled since Sharon had cancer surgery today. :cry:

Thrawn
07-04-2002, 11:26 PM
They said on the news Sharon is going to be OK and the surgery went fine. That is good news.

I just don't understand why they didn't say what is was. If it was a lump in her breast that stuff is pretty common...

I hate the way they did the back cover on the Budokon CD - like some kid wrote all over it...

2-1B
07-05-2002, 01:19 AM
Yes Thrawn, that Crayola style track listing is not good at all . . . today while purchasing both the CD and DVD, it was a real bother to compare songs to see if there were any differences.
"Suicide Solution" is exclusive to the DVD.

Chux, point taken about the album being Ozzmosis-free. :cry:

I'm glad they limited the Sabbath tunes to just one, "Paranoid" (which reminds me, I still haven't watched the Queen's ball :rolleyes: ). I love hearing that stuff live, but since they only released a single disc, I'm glad they went with mostly solo stuff . . . "Reunion" is only 4 years old, so there's plenty of good tracks available.

I noticed the DVD contains bonus footage of the Osbournes in Japan - I've not watched it yet, but I'm sure it's funny! :D

SirSteve
07-05-2002, 02:33 AM
Our affiliate site Figures.com had the Osbourne's 6'' figures posted from Mezco. Unfortunately, they had to be removed because they were not approved yet. Also, the 2-3" license belongs to Smities.

InsaneJediGirl
07-05-2002, 08:33 PM
They said on the news Sharon is going to be OK and the surgery went fine. That is good news.

I just don't understand why they didn't say what is was. If it was a lump in her breast that stuff is pretty common...

I hate the way they did the back cover on the Budokon CD - like some kid wrote all over it...

I thought it might have been skin cancer???That stuff is pretty easy to treat,but I dont see how Sharon could have got it,since it doesnt look like the Osbournes spend much time in the sun:D

Thanks for the info SirSteve.I'm sure more images will be coming up soon:)

Thrawn
07-05-2002, 11:17 PM

I'm sure more images will be coming up soon:)
JT and I both saw the scans and I'm sure he can back me up on this.

I think the figures are crappy. They are cartoon style and you would swear the Ozzy figure is really Howard Stern if you didn't know any better:o

They said they were like the reservoir dogs figures style, but I'm not sure about that.

And Jack comes regular and in military outfit!?! Why, oh why.
These are a far cry from the McFarlane Ozzy figure for sure.

InsaneJediGirl
07-05-2002, 11:44 PM
Ick.So,the figures are targeted at the upcoming MTV generation(6-11?)Instead of Osbourne fans/Ozzy Fans??

:confused:

JediTricks
07-06-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
Our affiliate site Figures.com had the Osbourne's 6'' figures posted from Mezco. Unfortunately, they had to be removed because they were not approved yet. Also, the 2-3" license belongs to Smities. Figures.com had a forum poll running about these Mezco figs and they were BOMBING because they were this weird non-realistic style, almost like they were supposed to be Gorrilaz figures or Mezco's "Hoodz (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=126&show_article=61)".

Like Thrawn said, neither of us thought highly of the figs, they were WAY not my style. The Jack figure was slightly less awful than Ozzy_ (http://209.197.117.27/databases/news/actionfigures/126/64.jpg), but that wasn't saying much.

I hope Sharon is ok.

2-1B
07-08-2002, 02:09 AM
Thrawn, what do you think of McFarlane's Ozzy? It was alright, but I think I was just so excited to get an Ozzy figure that I overlooked the superhuman physique. I'd much prefer a newer, slimmer version. :D I think the Alice Cooper figure is a better deal, even though he's posed so wretchedly. :rolleyes:

I secured a copy of Ozzy's version of "Purple Haze", and I hope to have "Stayin' Alive" soon. :)

JediTricks
07-08-2002, 08:11 PM
While I'm not Thrawn... Besides the "awesome physical specimen" that is McF's Ozzy figure, I hate the articulation on that thing so much.

Thrawn
07-09-2002, 12:00 AM
Thrawn, what do you think of McFarlane's Ozzy? It was alright, but I think I was just so excited to get an Ozzy figure that I overlooked the superhuman physique. I'd much prefer a newer, slimmer version. :D I think the Alice Cooper figure is a better deal, even though he's posed so wretchedly. :rolleyes:

I have 2 of those Ozzy's haven't gotten to open one yet. Of course the one with bloody headless doves is a keeper ;)

It reminds me of the 1995 POTF Luke - crazy size, but cool accessories. I just read an interview with Alice Cooper. He loves his figure, but he was dissing Ozzy's figure saying it needed accessories like a pillow. :zzz:

Thrawn
07-10-2002, 02:30 PM
CNN announced Sharon had colon cancer.
Don't know why that was hidden for so long.

E! Channel announced that they will follow Anna Nicole Smith around for a new TV show to capitolize on the success of The Osbournes!
HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAH!
That'll be a big winner....

InsaneJediGirl
07-10-2002, 04:13 PM
I saw that too Thrawn.

I dont think any Osbourne-like spin-off will be as popular as "The Osbournes".Anna Nicole Smith?I hope its meant to be a joke,instead of E! thinking it will become popular...:rolleyes:

JediTricks
07-11-2002, 01:07 AM
This is how weird our world is. I was in Wal Mart today and I walked by the kids' posters section of the toy dept and there was a friggin' Osbournes poster in there! Ozzy can't even get his music sold by this chain but they've got a friggin' poster?!? Yikes.

2-1B
07-11-2002, 01:35 AM
What do you think of the Smities figures? The pic I'm looking at now
shows some resemblances, Jack's face looks most accurate to me. And three of the family's animals are pictured.

Hey, at least E! are staying true to themselves by bringing in Anna Nicole for their show . . . I'd hate to see them follow around somebody with class! :D

Any truth to the rumors that Aimee will be "guest starring" a few times on the new season?

JediTricks
07-12-2002, 02:13 PM
Smities are the blocko-style figures, like Kubricks, right? I haven't seen 'em yet, just knew they were coming. The idea seems rather... er... interesting. ;)

InsaneJediGirl
07-18-2002, 07:23 PM
Found this 5-Page article on AOL.Thought you all might like to read it,since it has some funny comments :D

http://people.aol.com/people/magazine/coverstoryexcerpt/0,11369,321221,00.html

2-1B
07-24-2002, 03:57 AM
I read a similar comment from Ozzy in which he stated that they have a pact - he has to die before Sharon because he couldn't live without here. :(

I found this today at IMDb:

Ozzy Vows To Go Bald With Sharon
Ozzy Osbourne has come up with the perfect gesture to support his wife Sharon's battle with cancer - he's vowed to shave off his hair for charity. The former Black Sabbath frontman was devastated this month to discover Sharon has been diagnosed with cancer of the colon - and that the chemotherapy she now faces is likely to result in her losing her hair. But Ozzy is determined that Sharon will not face the prospect of hair loss alone - he has promised to lose his trademark long locks as well, to raise money for cancer research. According to British tabloid the Daily Star, the MTV star told his wife, "We're in this together. If you go bald, I'll go bald - I'll be by your side every step of the way."

Thrawn
07-25-2002, 01:45 AM
You know Ozzy has arrived when annoying internet pop up crap mentions him. I saved one I saw.

It's Eddie right?

Beast
07-27-2002, 01:38 PM
Ok, I've never watched the show, but it seems popular so I wanted to post the info I just found. Hope it makes you fans of "The Osbournes" happy. :)

Miramax Captures Osbournes on Video and DVD

Company Acquires Worldwide Video Rights To First and Second Years of the Hit MTV Series

NEW YORK, July 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Miramax Films and The Osbournes are proud to announce an agreement for worldwide DVD and video distribution of the first and second seasons of "The Osbournes," the innovative, hit MTV reality-based comedy series featuring Ozzy Osbourne and his unconventional family. The announcement was made today by Sharon Osbourne and Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein.

Cable television's highest rated series, "The Osbournes" is a reality show which allows MTV cameras to follow the colorful family over several months -- at home and on the road, documenting the ups, downs, highs, lows, and the just plain bizarre for viewers.

"As soon as I discussed this project with Harvey, I knew that Miramax was the right home for "The Osbournes," said Sharon Osbourne. "With the marketing plans for the DVD and video, it just had to be bleeping Miramax."

"The Osbournes have the perfect mix of family, music and drama we've always appreciated here at MMX," said Harvey Weinstein. "The show's incredible following, never-before-seen footage and other DVD extras will make 'The Osbournes' a key addition to Miramax's family of DVD and video hits."

The DVD of the first season is expected to be released in late fall 2002.

Charles Layton, executive vice president, office of the co-chairman, Steve Hutensky, evp of business affairs, and Barry Littman, vice president of Business and legal affairs, negotiated the deal on behalf of Miramax. Larry Shire, Paul Schindler and Karen Gottlieb of Grubman, Indursky & Schindler, and Colin Newman, the Osbornes' business manager, negotiated on behalf of the family.

Other highly anticipated upcoming video and DVD releases from the Miramax vault include collector's editions of Quentin Tarantino's "Pulp Fiction," (August 20,2002) and "Jackie Brown," (August 20,2002) and The Beatles' "Hard Day's Night" (September 24, 2002) along with "Amelie" and "In the Bedroom." These releases follow recent Miramax DVD and video hits like Dimension Films' "The Others" (Miramax's highest grossing DVD) "Bridget Jones' Diary", Kevin Smith's "Chasing Amy", "Clerks" and "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" and "Good Will Hunting," the highest grossing DVD/video in company history.

SOURCE: Miramax Films

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
07-27-2002, 07:57 PM
Finally a DVD!:D :D In perfect time for Chirstmas too.Thanks for the info.

2-1B
07-28-2002, 01:48 AM
The Budokan DVD offers a nice teaser, with Ozzy drinking from the Japanese wishing well (you're supposed to spit it out for good luck :D ) and climbing those stairs . . . . Sharon tells Ozzy that she can't believe the view, and Ozzy responds with "I can't believe I climbed all those steps." Great stuff!

I saw Goldmember tonight, and was looking forward to Ozzy's cameo . . . but instead got the whole TV family.
I love Oz but I wonder if I don't regret the success of the TV show. Seeing his cameos in movies like Private Parts were a real treat, because he wasn't such a mainstream "icon" at the time.
But during Goldmember (crowd was entirely young - no offense IJG ;) ) I felt
kinda . . . dirty? Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it felt way too "hip" in there as they all laughed at Ozzy. I guess I'm rather arrogant that way, I've loved Oz since long before this MTV explosion. Oh well, I can't change anything so I'll have to keep enjoying the show! :D

JediTricks
07-28-2002, 04:21 AM
Bah! Why do those slugs at Disney get the rights to the DVDs?!?

InsaneJediGirl
07-28-2002, 11:06 AM
I saw Goldmember tonight, and was looking forward to Ozzy's cameo . . . but instead got the whole TV family.
I love Oz but I wonder if I don't regret the success of the TV show. Seeing his cameos in movies like Private Parts were a real treat, because he wasn't such a mainstream "icon" at the time.
But during Goldmember (crowd was entirely young - no offense IJG ;) ) I felt
kinda . . . dirty? Maybe I'm being too harsh, but it felt way too "hip" in there as they all laughed at Ozzy. I guess I'm rather arrogant that way, I've loved Oz since long before this MTV explosion. Oh well, I can't change anything so I'll have to keep enjoying the show! :D

LOL!No offense taken:)

Disney probably got the right because they most likely offered the most money and would bend to Sharons demands.All they(Disney) sees is a way to make their little company grow larger:Pirate: :greedy:

Beast
07-28-2002, 11:21 AM
Miramax, while it is owned by Disney, isn't all that bad of a company. Infact Miramax and Buena Vista usually never fail on having a quality release when it comes to their DVD releases. Just look at Buena Vista's Vista Series for proof of that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
07-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Ozzy was on "V Graham Norton" here in the UK the other week and he was so funny :D. He was talking about the show and he said he didn't realise the cameras were following him around until two weeks later :) he must have been very drunk!
He was also talking about the time he tried to kill his wife, why she's staying with him I don't know!!!
I still haven't bothered to watch the show, and I don't know if it's still on here. I suppose I'll have to try and catch it and maybe get the DVD!

PENDO!

A clip of Ozzy and Sharon on V Garham Norton (http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/*/graham/clipvault_classic_ozzy_osbourne.html)

2-1B
07-28-2002, 02:11 PM
I'm sad today. :(

July 26, 2002
OZZY OSBOURNE TAKES 3 WEEK BREAK FROM OZZFEST TO BE WITH SHARON DURING FIRST CHEMO TREATMENTS

OZZFEST TO CONTINUE WITH SYSTEM OF A DOWN AS MAIN STAGE HEADLINERS

Ozzy Osbourne will take a three week break from his headlining duties on Ozzfest 2002 to be by his wife Sharon's side while she undergoes her first course of chemotherapy treatments. System Of A Down moves into the headlining slot on the main stage as Ozzfest continues to tear its way across America this summer. Ozzy will jump off the tour following the July 28th date in Atlanta and will resume headlining Ozzfest 2002 in Denver on August 22nd.

PLEASE understand that I am completely respectful of the decision, I just don't agree with it. By all means, I support Ozzy for wanting to be with his wife. But I would rather have the show postponed/cancelled so I can get a refund . . . I was only planning on going to see Ozzy (and Rob Zombie) but to me nobody on that bill is worth the ticket price. I like Zombie, but wouldn't go to Ozzfest just to see him. System of a Down, I don't really care about them so I'm not interested in them as headliners.

What really bothers me is that I have tickets to see it with 3 other friends who've NEVER seen Ozzy and were really excited. This would have been my 7th straight summer seeing him, and with some other concerts I'm going to, it's not even that big a deal to me . . . I'm disappointed more for my friends. :cry:

I understand why they won't refund tix, because it's not an Ozzy tour rather Ozzfest and the lineups are subject to change. It just hurts that it's Ozzy who's been removed.
They postponed the first 2 dates after Sharon got sick . . . I would rather they cancel for 3 weeks, reschedule what they can for September/early October, and refund any dates they can't make up.

Ozzy, I'm a huge fan and do understand your decision. I guess it's a risk we take when buying festival tickets for just one act. :(

Anyway, I hope Sharon has successful treatment. :) She's still expected to make a full recovery, of course there's no guarantees but at least the prognosis is good. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
07-29-2002, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

I just got myself a Dish so now I've officially entered the 20th Century, except now I'm late for the 21st one. Anyways now I have MTV so I can watch along with y'all. So, when does the show come on?

2-1B
07-30-2002, 12:37 AM
LOL, it's offseason now - you'll have to wait awhile for season 2. :D
There might be some reruns yet, let me look into that . . . :)

Beast
07-30-2002, 11:48 AM
More DVD information from DVDFile.Com :)

"Happy #@$%! Thanksgiving!" - 12:03am

Scarier than Harvey Weinstein biting the head off of a bat, Miramax gleefully announced yesterday that they have acquired the rights to the first two seasons of MTV's smash hit The Osbournes for DVD and VHS release. With season one due this November, just in time for the network kickoff of season two, apparently the growing backlash due to the (over)exposure of MTV's most popular show ever doesn't seem to be fazing anyone involved. "As soon as I discussed this project with Harvey (Weinstein), I knew that Miramax was the right home for 'The Osbournes,'" said matriarch Sharon Osbourne. As for what fans can expect, Weinstein hinted "The show's incredible following, never-before-seen footage and other DVD extras will make The Osbournes a key addition to Miramax's family of DVD and video hits." Stay tuned for the full details...

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
07-30-2002, 02:55 PM
I just thought about checking the MTV website. It looks like it'll be on from 9-10:30 MST this Sunday. Something was mentioned about a Thanksgiving episode I think.

That's fine with me if they're reruns for a while. The only coverage I ever saw was on Primetime or one of those newsmagazine shows.

InsaneJediGirl
08-02-2002, 07:04 PM
I'm sad today. :(

PLEASE understand that I am completely respectful of the decision, I just don't agree with it. By all means, I support Ozzy for wanting to be with his wife. But I would rather have the show postponed/cancelled so I can get a refund . . . I was only planning on going to see Ozzy (and Rob Zombie) but to me nobody on that bill is worth the ticket price. I like Zombie, but wouldn't go to Ozzfest just to see him. System of a Down, I don't really care about them so I'm not interested in them as headliners.

What really bothers me is that I have tickets to see it with 3 other friends who've NEVER seen Ozzy and were really excited. This would have been my 7th straight summer seeing him, and with some other concerts I'm going to, it's not even that big a deal to me . . . I'm disappointed more for my friends. :cry:

I understand why they won't refund tix, because it's not an Ozzy tour rather Ozzfest and the lineups are subject to change. It just hurts that it's Ozzy who's been removed.
They postponed the first 2 dates after Sharon got sick . . . I would rather they cancel for 3 weeks, reschedule what they can for September/early October, and refund any dates they can't make up.

Ozzy, I'm a huge fan and do understand your decision. I guess it's a risk we take when buying festival tickets for just one act. :(

Anyway, I hope Sharon has successful treatment. :) She's still expected to make a full recovery, of course there's no guarantees but at least the prognosis is good. :)

I'm sure you know Ozzy is back on track by now Caesar,I think he'll be back August 4th??Only missing a few dates.I heard he passed out while watching Sharon get chemo:(

2-1B
08-03-2002, 12:05 AM
I'm glad he's back, but we already sold our reserved tickets.
Now we have to buy lawn seats. :frus:

InsaneJediGirl
08-09-2002, 10:15 PM
When does the new season start?New fall shows will be starting soon..but I have seen no advertisements for the Osbournes.MTV is toying with me,*Grumbles*

Thrawn
08-15-2002, 11:31 PM
I think they are talking October for season 2.

Finally got the Live at the Budokan CD - not bad, but not long enough - everyone knows Ozzy puts on a longer show than 70 minutes.

Got the 3 new songs from the Osbournes CD. Or 2 plus there is a Dreamer remix floating around with clips from the show edited in - good stuff.

kellyosbourne.com is up!? What is the world coming to. See has a CD single and is recording a full-length CD.

Also I heard a friend of Kelly's who parents died is being taken in by the Osbournes family - wild! Supposedly she'll be seen on Season 2.

2-1B
08-16-2002, 04:18 AM
Thrawn, I think she is a he. And I think he's a changeling. :p
Many thanks to InsaneJediGirl (http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,336900~3~0~osbournestakeinteen,00.html) ;) for pointing me to this article on Robert moving
in . . . I do believe I recall his appearances in season 1, but I'll have to watch again. :)

Last Sunday I was at Ozzfest, I was so delighted by Ozzy's return (and I did manage to snag reserved seats again).
I must say that there were 3 moments when I was confused - I couldn't decide if I was at an Ozzy show or if I was watching The Osbournes.
The lights go dark, Zakk, Robert, and Mike all come out, and then Ozzy shuffles out. And what's the first thing that happens? Ozzy picks up the mic and drops it. :(
Wow, the sound of the *thud* was so funny, but I felt bad for him! :p

Backing up now to System of a Whatever who played just before Ozzy - Jack felt the need to come out and do backing vox on one song. It consisted only of growling into the mic, but I'm completely against it. I'm uncomfortable with Jack's participation, I wish they could draw a line somewhere.

Fast forwarding now to Ozzy's break during his set - Ozzy's off stage while Zakk does his solo . . . Robert walks back out doing his thing, and someone's going nuts on the drums. But it isn't Mike, because he's standing to the side of the drum riser, waving a towel. Who's banging the skins? Jack. :rolleyes:
It was very brief, but I still don't like it. I don't like the idea of a concert becoming a playground . . . I see Kelly is on the upcoming Ozzfest Live CD doing a song with Andrew W.K. - I'm not sure if she is making an appearance at every show, because I refuse to get there at 10am for this guy's set. :D
Regardless, I am tolerant of Kelly's appearances because I know she's trying to get a music career going, but if Jack is "working" as a music scout, I feel his place is off the stage. :)

Early into his set, Ozzy asked the crowd if "you want some news from the homefront?" He said Sharon should be back home the next day, and they "are going to kick this f@#$ing cancer."
A bit later on, there was a rather endearing moment - Ozzy told us that his "old lady" isn't here, so if he seems unusual that's the reason. I had to smile, because I thought to myself, "but aren't you ALWAYS unusual Ozzy?" :D

A few of the neater trinkets I bought -
For $3 I got a foam hand with Ozzy printed on it: but instead of being posed in a "#1" it's giving the middle finger. :p I would think something like that would be overpriced at around $10, so I think 3 bones was very reasonable!

Another $3 item I bought was a patch for my backpack, it's a pic of Ozzy giving 2 middle fingers with the words "Prince of F@#%'n Darkness."

JediTricks
08-16-2002, 11:48 PM
Osbournes Smitis figs (not those creepy Mezco ones) now have images and the likenesses are pretty good for the faces, so it's weird to see them on those generic blockette bodies (I don't know what the hell to call these things!).

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=142&show_article=20

Sounds like a cool show Caesar, but you're absolutely right about Jack's involvement. He needs to at least pretend like he's trying to earn the right to do this stuff before he can pull that off. The foam finger sounds cool, I want one. :D

InsaneJediGirl
08-17-2002, 12:11 AM
The figures look weird.The heads are fine,like JT said,but the bodies are like those Toddler Legos/Lego Knockoffs.I think the house accessory is pretty cool though:D

Thrawn
08-17-2002, 11:05 PM
I don't get the whole Blocko craze - seems like beane babies to me- totally lame and stupid.

There's only 1 thing to do with those figures - cut the heads off and make jewelry. That'll get peoples' attention. Ozzy head necklace. Sharon head ring. Jack and Kelly head earrings!! The possibilites...

IJG since you like dissing Trek so much, have you seen the painting I did years ago?

http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=32659&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

JediTricks
08-18-2002, 03:08 PM
I don't get this blocko thing either. Everybody wants to rip off the Lego concept (via Kubricks' rip-off ;)) but they don't seem to understand that the figures are boring and bland without building sets (IMO anyway). That's a good idea with those Thrawn, I'm gonna lop off some Ozzy heads right now! ;)

Oh, and nice painting even though there's 1 minor thing missing (the Enterprise's shields, which are able to deflect common, low-tech energy/gas-based blasts such as those from the ISD :D)

InsaneJediGirl
08-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Very nice painting Thrawn,Care to sell me an orginal:D:D:D

As for the Osbourne Figures,how much are these going to cost?No less than $6 I think.I hate to say this..but...Hasbro could have did a better job.

2-1B
08-19-2002, 02:59 AM
Finally got the Live at the Budokan CD - not bad, but not long enough - everyone knows Ozzy puts on a longer show than 70 minutes.

Thrawn, I've been trying to piece together the missing 20 minutes but I'm not sure if I can do it. :(
Well, maybe - the DVD has Suicide Solution, so that's a start.

But in comparing the Budokan tracks to what he did at Ozzfest - he played everything from the Budokan CD except for Junkie. If I swap in Suicide Solution, let's assume that's 70 minutes of his 90 minute Ozzfest set.

He did Iron Man, the first time I've ever seen him do that song solo (my first show was 1996). Zakk had a lengthy guitar solo, so that's 2 songs.
OH ! War Pigs ! I assumed it was on Budokan, so there's a good 6-7 minutes right there. Between those 3, it's 15 minutes maximum, probably a bit less. That leaves time for one more song, and I can't imagine what it was. It's possible the CD cut out 5 minutes of song breaks, afterall Ozzy does need a water break now and then. :p

I'm thinking of all the old staples, and I can't think of anything else he played . . . Flying High Again used to be a given, not anymore. :mad: No songs from "Wicked", not even Miracle Man.

Of course, it's quite possible he played one or two songs at the Budokan that didn't make it at Ozzfest. But it's fun to speculate! :D

JediTricks
08-19-2002, 11:16 PM
As for the Osbourne Figures,how much are these going to cost?No less than $6 I think.I hate to say this..but...Hasbro could have did a better job. The article says they'll each have an MSRP of $4.49, which is good compared to other blocko-types but TERRIBLE compared to real action figures. ;) And I highly doubt Hasbro could have done better on those heads, they look almost scary-accurate. Even with Realscan, Hasbro hasn't put out anything that looks like this IMO (though part of that is Hasbro's super-sloppy paint apps).

Thrawn
08-20-2002, 11:18 PM
Very nice painting Thrawn,Care to sell me an orginal:D:D:D

You can buy THAT very painting - if you have enough cash...

JT - like the enterprise with 2 phasor banks could stand up to 1000 turbolaser batteries of an ISD.

Thrawn, I've been trying to piece together the missing 20 minutes but I'm not sure if I can do it.
Well, maybe - the DVD has Suicide Solution, so that's a start.

But what about Down to Earth stuff?? Only 1 track from the tour promoting that CD!? Plus with Zakk back in the band you would think they would break out the old Zakk tunes - Perry Mason...something.

When I was on the stage in Nebraska someone asked if I was excited about the real scan. I said no way - they'll screw it up - you'll see. Anyone see those Charlie's Angels figures? That got a laugh.

JediTricks
08-21-2002, 12:35 AM
Battery of what? Oh yeah, turboLASERS! Primative light/gas-based weaponry that was used in the Trek universe 100 years before the NCC-1701 Enterprise -- Starfleet shields of that era could deflect or if need be absorb those blasts for weeks without one utterance from Scotty, the deflector shields there are based on earlier shields that designed specifically to counteract that style of weaponry as a starting point thanks to the Romulan war from nearly 80 years before IIRC where they all used primative laser-based weaponry.

Charlies Angels dolls WERE worth a laugh! :D These Ozzy Smitis are definitely not in that class.

2-1B
08-21-2002, 02:53 AM
Thrawn, from everything I've read they've only been doing 3, maybe 4 tracks from Down to Earth, the same 3 on the CD - Gets Me Through, Junkie, and That I Never Had.
I think he might have played Dreamer at a few shows but I'm not certain. I do recall hearing it on the radio, but I'm not sure if it was actually released as a single.

Ozzmosis seems like a dead album, Oz never wants to play anything from it. :cry:

About the "old Zakk stuff" - EXACTLY, I couldn't agree more - that's why it pains me to see No Rest for the Wicked as dead as Ozzmosis. :mad:

Lately you only need Blizzard of Ozz and No More Tears and you've got the bulk of his setlists. 4 tracks from each album . . .

InsaneJediGirl
08-21-2002, 09:05 AM
JT,I was reffering to the bodies:D

Anyways,Thursday at 9p.m.EST Ozzy and Sharon are supposed to be on the FOXNews Channel.Talking about the cancer and I think the Fall shows.

Thrawn,I have a nice wadded up Lincon,care to sell it to me now:D;)

El Chuxter
08-21-2002, 11:50 AM
Since this has become the all-purpose Ozzy thread, has anyone picked up Past Lives yet? I'll probably get it tonight but was hoping for some advance reviews. :)

Thrawn
08-21-2002, 11:07 PM
Thrawn,I have a nice wadded up Lincon,care to sell it to me now:D;)

A Lincon?! Now I know why you are in that mental hospital - trying to pass off phoney money on real americans.;)

Caesar - yep no point having Zakk around and not busting out some Crazy Babies or Miracle Man.

Past Lives is just some old Sabbath live stuff - nothing exciting.

What about Maximum Ozzy?

JediTricks
08-22-2002, 02:19 AM
JT,I was reffering to the bodies:DAh, gotcha. I dunno about that either though, Hasbro seems kinda sloppy with excess flash and stressing plastics. These Smitis are actually gonna be pretty well-made, they require a higher tolerance than regular toys.

InsaneJediGirl
08-22-2002, 09:42 AM
False reporting yesterday.Ozzy will be on "The Pulse" on regular Fox,instead of FOXNews.They really need to stop plugging other shows.

Thrawn,I dont know how you just passed up the deal of a lifetime:D:D:D:D:D

2-1B
08-22-2002, 01:39 PM
IJG - you were partially right - it will indeed be on "The Pulse" tonight, but only part 1 of the interview.
Part 2 will air tomorrow night on FoxNews during Greta Van Susteren's show. :frus:

JediTricks
08-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Pics of the Mezco action figures (not the smitis block-type ones) are "official" now so you can see the whole family: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=126&show_article=73

All I can say is "AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!" goodness those are so not my style. The only one that looks halfway accurate/decent in this style is Sharon (who has 2 great accessories, a rotting ham to throw in windows and a shopping bag) and that's being generous. Kelly is unbelievably bad, it reminds me of those "Bratz" dolls at TRU; and perhaps they should rethink the placement of those shirt pocket buttons as well.

2-1B
08-23-2002, 01:41 AM
Uh . . . JT, you're right about Kelly's buttons. :(

I don't care too much for them either. When I saw Ozzy I immediately thought he looked like he belong in the Homeyz toy line - something's not right about him. I don't care for that jaw sculpt. Kelly is the least accurate IMO, Jack looks kinda like Jack but I just don't like the figure, and I agree with ya on Sharon being the best of the bunch.

Why not include some of the family's pets? :confused:

InsaneJediGirl
08-23-2002, 08:24 PM
I agree with you on those Buttons.:eek:The figures are bad..least like the people in my opinion.I would have loved to see Lola come with Jack,Minnie(sp?) with Sharon,etc..

I did realize that after I posted Caesar.I wish the interview would have been on one show,all at the same time.Too confusing.

Thrawn
08-23-2002, 11:49 PM
I was getting the E! channel set up to record Howard when some crap show about Princess Diana was on. Before I could turn it off they had a clip of Kelley talking about her...!?

About those figures - not Ozzy - that's Howard Stern.

Kelley "it's cold in here" Osbourne.

Popeye Jack the Sailor Man Osbourne

Sharon "French Teacher" Osbourne.

I think those will sell as well as the Senator jar jar figure.

2-1B
08-24-2002, 12:47 AM
Thrawn and I were just discussing the pros and cons of confronting Zakk Wylde on any of a number of controversial issues . . . according to Obi-Wan Kenobi
and this St. Louis DJ (http://www.metal-sludge.com/ZakkAttack.htm), "this place could get a little rough." :)

JediTricks
08-24-2002, 03:46 AM
Caesar, good call on the "Homeyz" Ozzy, that's totally how it looks! I guess it's the general shape, the pose, the tats, and the outfit that make this happen.

All the figures will come with a different pet, they just weren't shown.

InsaneJediGirl
08-24-2002, 09:43 PM
Hi Guys..Found this on my local rock stations website

Ozzy Osbourne, who made a stir by attending the annual White House Correspondents Dinner in May as a guest of Greta Van Susteren, is now battling the Fox News Channel host over an exclusive videotaped interview he says was obtained under false pretenses, according to reports by The Hollywood Reporter, the Drudge Report and MTV News.

Van Susteren got the first on-camera interview since Osbourne’s wife Sharon was diagnosed with colon cancer earlier in the summer. In the interview, Osbourne discusses his newfound fame and says he is "falling apart" and "a complete nervous wreck" over his wife's health. Portions of the interview were set to air Thursday night on "The Pulse," the summer newsmagazine on Fox Broadcasting, with a more extensive version slated to run tonight on Fox News' "On the Record With Greta Van Susteren."

On Wednesday, as Fox News began promoting the interview, a lawyer for Osbourne sent the network a letter claiming that the rocker had agreed to speak only for a Fox News special commemorating the 25th anniversary of the death of Elvis Presley. "This interview was conducted under false pretenses, in violation of our clients' legal rights and contrary to established journalistic standards and is being falsely advertised," the letter said, adding that Fox News would risk "substantial liability and damages" by airing the tape.

But in a letter sent Thursday to Osbourne's lawyer, Fox News said Osbourne "willingly and voluntarily" sat for a two-hour taped interview with Van Susteren "without restrictions or parameters." The network also said it neither prepared nor aired a Presley special. Both the "Pulse" and "On the Record" segments are expected to run in full and will not be affected by the spat, insiders said.

Osbourne may have another reason for regretting the interview. ABC News' Barbara Walters is believed to have been angling for an exclusive sit-down with one or more Osbournes to air sometime in the fall, an insider said. An ABC News spokeswoman said the network does not discuss its bookings in advance.

In the Fox News interview, Osbourne predicts the end of his current celebrity. "Eventually this Osbourne reality thing -- the bubble's going to burst, and I'm going to become yesterday's Roseanne Barr," he said.

Meanwhile, reports Variety, the producers of “The Osbournes” are struggling with how to deal with Sharon Osbourne’s cancer and other complications as they plot out the show's second and third seasons. The challenge now is finding what's so funny about the reality of the family's situation. And the consensus is that everyone's up for the task. "Our first concern is for Sharon's health and well-being," a spokeswoman for MTV said. Added one insider: "In general, Sharon's not going to let this show not happen."

It's the production that's scheduled to take place next month, however, that is most likely to be included in future episodes. That's when the clan will all be together under one Beverly Hills roof, with dad home from his concert tour, mom undergoing chemotherapy and the kids, daughter Kelly and son Jack, back from various summer endeavors. "The show is them together, and they haven't been together this particular summer yet," the MTV spokeswoman said.

It's not clear when the second season of the show will be ready to air. When MTV confirmed that it ordered 20 more episodes, or two additional seasons, of the show, the net indicated it would be for a fall debut.

Thats the full article,and it can be found at this link:
http://www.realrock1011.com/script/headline_newsmanager.php?id=43981&pagecontent=musicnewsrockactive

2-1B
08-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Wow, I hadn't heard of this move until now. Whatever the facts may be, I can guarantee Ozzy has no idea what he did or did not sit down to talk about. :D
I'm certain this is "Sharon driven" . . .

Thrawn
08-25-2002, 10:45 PM
That's how I heard about the interview in the first place - there was a report on the radio that Ozzy wanted it pulled.

That is sickening if he sat with Greata's ugly reformed face for 2 hours and they only aired 15 min of it.

3rd season of Osbournes!? First I heard of that...I don't like the idea that so far they haven't taped anything new - means a new season could be as far back as next year. :(

P.S. Kelley's action figure should come with Ozzy's gold card. ;)

KingOfSting
08-30-2002, 02:07 AM
im sure some of you already know this, but while i was watching the MTV video music awards, an ad was played for the second season of the osbournes, which is coming this fall!

2-1B
08-30-2002, 02:10 AM
Hi King of Sting, I've got the rerun of the awards playing right now and I heard the same ad. :)

Hmm, they've been playing new Osbournes mini-clips throughout this show, I think I'll tape the next showing so I can skip thru and see if it's any good. :)

InsaneJediGirl
09-06-2002, 11:30 PM
Hi King of Sting, I've got the rerun of the awards playing right now and I heard the same ad. :)

Hmm, they've been playing new Osbournes mini-clips throughout this show, I think I'll tape the next showing so I can skip thru and see if it's any good. :)

I saw the miniclips..pretty cool stuff.:DWhat were they throwing knives/axes at though?A wood set up I suppose..but you never know;)

JediTricks
09-07-2002, 03:27 PM
Ok, this thing has definitely hit big, there was an unauthorized autobiography of Ozzy in Wal-Mart last night! Wal-mart people!!! We're through the looking glass.

Thrawn
09-10-2002, 11:25 PM
Since I was the first and 100th post, I will post the 200th post on the thread;)

JT - someone isn't even trying out there! My WM and nearly everywhere else has 2 Ozzy/Osbourne books and 2 Osbourne only magazines - my favorite "secrets from season 2" headline - good trick when it wasn't even filmed yet - not like someone was writing the stuff and the plots leaked out !

JediTricks
09-11-2002, 02:27 PM
That's a lot of Ozzy at the world's most powerful retailer! I wonder when they'll be selling best of Ozzy compilation albums. Then again, who wants to buy Ozzy all censored anyway?

InsaneJediGirl
09-21-2002, 12:06 AM
Alright..I've seen the books and glanced over them in the store.Nothing I havent seen on Behind the Music and the Travel Channel.

Second..Whens the new season coming?I have been waiting like a good insane little Jedi girl..but enough is enough:crazed::crazed: I'll go back to my Cell now :D

SirSteve
10-25-2002, 10:20 PM
Season two announced and DVD news... check it out here:
http://www.sightandsoundguide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=240&mode=nocomments&order=0&thold=0

InsaneJediGirl
11-01-2002, 07:19 PM
According to some Hollywood-News like show I was watching,The Osbournes are supposed to be on at 10 p.m. Monday evening.I dont know how true this is..but..you never know.Could just be re-runs,but I could have sworn they said new episode.

Jedi Master Silas
11-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Barbara Walters interview on 20/20 with the Osbournes will air tomorrow night in case anyone forgot (Wed. 11/6)

James Boba Fettfield
11-05-2002, 05:50 PM
I think their second and last season should be starting later this month.

2-1B
11-05-2002, 06:54 PM
I read on Yahoo yesterday that Sharon said she will end the show but not until after Season 3. Something about how it changed the family too much and now Ozzy's off the wagon . . .
Let me look for a link.

Anyway, I'll be watching the Baba Wawow interview tomorrow night . . .

I'll just copy the story here:

Sharon Osbourne Rethinks MTV Show
Tue Nov 5, 6:05 AM ET
By DAVID BAUDER, AP Television Writer

NEW YORK (AP) - If she had to do it over again, Sharon Osbourne says she wouldn't have invited MTV's cameras into her home.

At least, that's what the cancer-stricken matriarch of television's favorite dysfunctional family told ABC's Barbara Walters when she talked to her earlier this fall.

Osbourne said, in an interview to air on a special "20/20" edition Wednesday, that she's calling it quits after an upcoming, 10-episode season is through. "We can't do it anymore," she said.

When ABC released those quotes on Monday, an obviously concerned MTV President Van Toffler called Osbourne. He said she told him: "You know you can't believe everything I say."

Through MTV, Osbourne then released a statement saying she intends to fulfill her contract, which calls for 20 episodes total.

"I love my MTV," she said.

MTV's second season of "The Osbournes" begins Nov. 26. The first set of episodes drew record ratings for the network this spring and made aging heavy-metal star Ozzy Osbourne and his family household names.

Sharon Osbourne, who is fighting colon cancer, told ABC that the show has "changed us all so much." Her teenage children now have lawyers and business managers, she said.

"Because it's a moment in time, when we were innocent to it all, we went in feet first and you can't recreate that," she said. "Yes, now, this series, people will see what the first series has done to our lives and it will take people to the next stage. But after that, it's over."

The family hasn't exactly shunned the spotlight. ABC said Monday that Ozzy, Sharon, Kelly and Jack Osbourne will be hosts of the American Music Awards on Jan. 13. Daughter Kelly has recorded her own CD that's due out soon.

Sharon said Ozzy has begun drinking again in response to her cancer.

"We agreed to do the show and so the cameras are here all the time," she said. "So it's a little bit invasive right now and we have no privacy. You know when you're sick, you want to be on your own? I can't throw up on my own and Ozzy can't get drunk on his own."

Toffler said he believed the ABC interview, which was recorded Sept. 28, came at a low moment for Osbourne with her illness.

"She was probably having a difficult time and she was venting in the moment," he said.

The third, 10-episode season of "The Osbournes" will air sometime next year.

"I've developed sort of an iron stomach because of Sharon Osbourne's volatility," said Toffler, who was involved in contentious negotiations before the family agreed to more episodes. "I'm accustomed to this, and perhaps the rest of the country isn't."

found online at http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20021105/ap_on_en_tv/tv_osbournes_5

JediTricks
11-06-2002, 09:11 PM
There was a special on last night, "Catching up with the Osbournes" on MTV, I only caught the last moment of it while flipping so I checked the listings and it'll be on again twice this weekend. Looked like a good ep though.

SirSteve
11-07-2002, 06:19 PM
I just read over at SightandSoundGuide.com some details on the upcoming DVD set. Click Here (http://www.sightandsoundguide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=292&mode=nocomments&order=0&thold=0) to check it out.

JediTricks
11-07-2002, 08:29 PM
Heh heh, that Catching up with the Osbournes special was also on an hour ago in my area. Whoops! :D

I saw the Baba Wawa special last night and it seemed really edited, not much felt like it was said but Babs got to make Ozzy cry so I guess she can feel like a bigshot interviewer. On the news afterwards, they showed a clip that wasn't in the show where BW asks Sharon about the Anna Nicole Smith show and Sharon tears Anna's lawyer/friend Howard K. Stern to pieces, that was probably the best part of the interview! I thought it was kinda creepy how Aimee believes her family didn't swear before the show, we've seen the kids from a decade ago on (the other) Howard Stern and other stuff and they swore then too.

Oh, and during the Baba special, they had an ad for the Osbournes Season 1 DVDs, and is it my imagination or did they claim there'd be extra unaired episodes (like Thrawn and I speculated)?

InsaneJediGirl
11-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Oh, and during the Baba special, they had an ad for the Osbournes Season 1 DVDs, and is it my imagination or did they claim there'd be extra unaired episodes (like Thrawn and I speculated)?

Yeah,They claimed unaired episodes(I think 2 or 3) and some behind-the-scenes features.
Is the DVD bleeped like it is for TV or no?

SirSteve
11-08-2002, 10:49 AM

Yeah,They claimed unaired episodes(I think 2 or 3) and some behind-the-scenes features.
Is the DVD bleeped like it is for TV or no?

The DVD will be uncensored. :)

JediTricks
11-08-2002, 10:18 PM
I am pretty sure there will be 2 versions of the set, censored and uncensored. Reminds me of the widescreen vs pan&scan debate! :D

SirSteve
11-18-2002, 12:55 PM
Official press-release has been posted HERE (http://www.sightandsoundguide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=352).

I can't wait for this set!

InsaneJediGirl
11-27-2002, 09:23 AM
Was it me(probably:D) or was last nights episode
basically "Catching up with the Osbournes" only with a few new scenes thrown in the mix?

Anyways,it was pretty good in my opinion.I like
when Jack comments about the McRib( :dead: ).I thought it never left:crazed:

JediTricks
11-27-2002, 11:24 PM
It did seem to be a rehash/expanding of that Catching Up With The Osbournes special, and the family definitely did seem to be heading down the "we've changed" road that Sharon was claiming. Jack sitting on Natalie Portman's lap and commenting about her rear was funny stuff; and then after all that badmouthing of Kelly, he seemed genuinely excited when she got on stage. Of course, he was also excited by the McRib and shooting off the water system on their front gate, so that doesn't speak volumes. ;)

SirSteve
12-02-2002, 11:38 AM
The new cover DVD package is at SightandSoundGuide.com (http://www.sightandsoundguide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=405) for those that wish to check it out.

InsaneJediGirl
12-06-2002, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the pic SS:D

I found this over at SimpsonCrazy.com.Thought it was pretty interesting,since this is the first I have heard of it.

Cult reality TV show The Osbournes is being turned into a Simpsons-like cartoon comedy series.

Wacky rocker Ozzy Osbourne and his family - who feature in the smash hit MTV fly-on-the-wall program - will be given $15 million for their own animated antics, which will also be shown on MTV.

Sources report the network are eager to establish the format in view of Ozzy's wife Sharon's current battle with cancer.

A Hollywood insider explains, "Sharon's health battle has put the future of the reality series is in doubt.

"MTV desperate to keep its biggest hit going and that's why they've come up with the idea of turning the clan into an animated series.

"Ozzy and his family have agreed to provide story ideas for the cartoon."

The source further reveals that the program producers believe the family perfectly matches the characters in the Simpsons - with Ozzy and Sharon as Homer and Marge, whereas Kelly is tipped for a Bart type role.

scruffziller
03-15-2003, 01:21 PM
Yea and now Wal Mart is selling the "CENSORED VERSION" on DVD. What a waste. The only people that want to see the edited version are the people who never knew Ozzy before the show and fell in love with the novelty of them being bleeped out.

2-1B
03-31-2003, 01:24 AM
I recently finished watching the DVDs, it was so great to go through the season one episodes again ! :happy:

I completely skipped season 2 . . . I decided to not even bother taping it while it was on. I planned to just wait for the eventual DVDs.

I didn't think the season 1 deleted scenes were all that great, well except for the huge chunk of Loveline radio show footage. :D