PDA

View Full Version : Jedi in the arena before and after.

Co Jo-Da
03-17-2002, 12:30 AM
The last shot in the 'Clone Wars' trailer had 15 people (14 with LightSabers) surrounded by a couple hundred Battle Droids. I found this blown up shot of the Last Stand and you can see Padme and Anakin standing side-by-side with Obi-Wan nearby as well as many other Jedi Council Members. So what do you all think, some are hard (really hard) to clearly see but it fun imagine. Atleast until the movie is released...

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/image.cgi?Image=episode2/newspics/e2clonewar-jedibattlecomparison.jpg

2-1B
03-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Cool pic, I like the Crayola drawn schematic :D Looks convincing, maybe this scene takes place right before the Clones arrive ? (attack :) )

Why is there a pair of buttocks over Anakin's shoulder ? :eek: :confused:

pthfnder89
03-17-2002, 02:52 AM
From what we've seen in that trailer, it looks like as the last surviving Jedi are surrounded, all of a sudden the Republic Army shows up. This is pretty much evidenced by the quick shot of a Republic Gunship hovering just above the ground and blasting away at the Battle droids who are surrounding the last few Jedi in that scene.

Even blown up it's hard to discern eveyone in that group picture, but I can see at least one that they mislabeled. Plo Koon is definitely not the one circled. That Jedi has long brown robes on and a green saber. In the arena scene, Plo sheds his long brown council robes and only has on the shorter, lighter brown tunic that he wears underneath. Plo also has a BLUE saber, not green like the one circled.

The jedi they circled for Mace Windu might also be wrong I think, but it's really hard to tell from that pic. Saesse Tin is also among the Unknown? group, as you can see the back of his head right behind Anakin in the blue screen shot.

It's wierd how Quicktime turned all of the blue lightsabers in the arena scene into purple ones. If Samuel Jackson sees that he might have to kick someones ***$! ;);) Only Mace is cool enough to have one of those! :D:D

Fulit
03-17-2002, 07:48 AM
Are those the last surviving Jedi anywhere, or the last surviving that they sent to Genosis? You'd figure they wouldn't send the entire population of Jedi to one battle. But if it was, Vader/Palpatine would have an easy time hunting down the remaining Jedi. There's only like 12 left.

Rollo Tomassi
03-17-2002, 10:38 AM
In regards to that scene, shouldn't there be more Jedi carcass lying around? or did they all "dissappear?'

Pendo
03-17-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
In regards to that scene, shouldn't there be more Jedi carcass lying around? or did they all "dissappear?'

I totaly forgotten that some of the Jedi could dissappear!! How could I be so stupid? Well that's answered one of my questions, they probably dissappeared. I hope not all the Jedi dissappear though because it would make Qui-Gon Jinn the odd one out.

PENDO!

Jargo
03-17-2002, 11:06 AM
Shouldn't there be the bloody great carcasses of a couple of huge beasties too? A few Geonosians maybe littering the ground like bugsquash? There's not a lot of litter is there? Apparently Yoda is in this picture next to Plo Koon and there's Shaak-Ti or Eeth Koth also. Whoever did this scheme got it wrong on a couple of counts. can't remember which ones and I'm too tired to start rummaging through web articles to find out. But it's definately not accurate. I thought it was just Jedi masters who could disappear? Wouldn't that leave an awful lot of Jedi Knights bodies lying around....?:confused:

Beast
03-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Shouldn't there be the bloody great carcasses of a couple of huge beasties too? A few Geonosians maybe littering the ground like bugsquash? There's not a lot of litter is there? Apparently Yoda is in this picture next to Plo Koon and there's Shaak-Ti or Eeth Koth also. Whoever did this scheme got it wrong on a couple of counts. can't remember which ones and I'm too tired to start rummaging through web articles to find out. But it's definately not accurate. I thought it was just Jedi masters who could disappear? Wouldn't that leave an awful lot of Jedi Knights bodies lying around....?:confused:
Well, the beasties could be off screen, or even on the opposite end of the arena. The Geonosian and Jedi bodies could be there also, off screen so as not to be gruesome. Makes sense if they are pushed back by the droids from one side of the arena to the other. After all, remember how bloody huge that arena is in the trailer. And I don't think Yoda is in that shot, because he shows up leading the Clone Troopers in battle, just as the situation turns bleak for the remaining Jedi's and Padme.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Padmé Skywalker
03-17-2002, 03:55 PM
maybe the beasties dissappered with the jedis

Pendo
03-17-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Padmé Skywalker
maybe the beasties dissappered with the jedis

Don't you need Jedi powers to do that? That could be cool, Reeks with force powers...

PENDO!

Lord Tenebrous
03-17-2002, 04:36 PM
Episode-X actually has a good list:

1. Mace Windu
2. Obi-Wan
3. Kit Fisto
4. unknown
5. Shaak Ti
6. Nikto Jedi
7. Saesee Tinn
8. Weequay Jedi
9. unknown
10. Bultar Swan
11. unknown
12. Eeth Koth
13. Luminara Unduli and Barris Offee
14. Anakin
15. Padme

And I'm about 95% sure that the only disappearing Jedi we'll ever know of are Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin. These Jedi won't disappear, if only because of the circumstances of their death, well, actually there's more to it than that... :)

Jargo
03-17-2002, 07:25 PM
one of those jedi at the back of the circle looks like Adi gallia. tall and thin and graceful..... Hope so, I hate to think of a good looking girl like that getting mowed down by a stupid battle droid or a crab on steroids or a cat with four eyes or a big strawberry red bull. :crazed: I like Adi. :happy:

pthfnder89
03-18-2002, 12:14 AM
one of those jedi at the back of the circle looks like Adi gallia. tall and thin and graceful..... Hope so, I hate to think of a good looking girl like that getting mowed down by a stupid battle droid or a crab on steroids or a cat with four eyes or a big strawberry red bull. :crazed: I like Adi. :happy:

I was thinking that also Jargo. It looks like her to me, bur I guess we'll find out in May for sure.

I agree, I'd hate to see her die also:(

Casual George
03-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Are those the last surviving Jedi anywhere, or the last surviving that they sent to Genosis? You'd figure they wouldn't send the entire population of Jedi to one battle. But if it was, Vader/Palpatine would have an easy time hunting down the remaining Jedi. There's only like 12 left.

I have read some spoiler stuff in which Mace Windu tell Palpatine that they have about 200 Jedi available to send to Geonosis. There is no way this is the entire population of Jedi. They're will be many Jedi left at the Temple on Coruscant (masters, padawans, very young Jedi students). More disturbing is the fact that they are young children Jedi students (shown being instructed by Yoda) that will eventually be slaughtered along with the rest Jedi when the Emperor and Vader begin the purge. Episode III will indeed be the "darkest" film of the entire series as George has stated.:cry:

LTBasker
03-18-2002, 01:22 PM
Hmm.... 2 & 9 look like Mace, and 4 & 14 look like Anakin, heh.

The jedi kids, well maybe since their force powers aren't all that great and probably instead of slaughtering them they take advantage and Palpy and/or Vader trains them a little in the ways of the Dark Jedi but not actually training their force powers and they grow up to be the future Royal Guards since the guards in AOTC are just Coruscant Guards with new clothes.

pthfnder89
03-19-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Hmm.... 2 & 9 look like Mace, and 4 & 14 look like Anakin, heh.

The jedi kids, well maybe since their force powers aren't all that great and probably instead of slaughtering them they take advantage and Palpy and/or Vader trains them a little in the ways of the Dark Jedi but not actually training their force powers and they grow up to be the future Royal Guards since the guards in AOTC are just Coruscant Guards with new clothes.

Well if they destroyed the Temple and slaughtered all the grown Jedi, then the children might just be sent back to their parents or and orphanage or something. Without anyone to train them further, they really wouldn't be much aof a threat to Palpatine anymore.

Jargo
03-19-2002, 02:02 PM
Well here's the baby alien Jedi which i think look cute. One looks like a Nikto kid and the other looks like no alien I know of in star wars. looks like a reject from Farscape to me - a Skarran or something....???????

Cool pic though I had to seriously crop it and keep what scant detail there is. As it came from a magazine and the scan was pretty bad quality.

I would imagine a caretaker staff being left behind at the temple. Yaddle and jocasta Nu would be two of them left to tend the kids no doubt and then a security contingent of some description maybe. but not many surely a they would be pooling resources at the Chancellor's request to deal with the crisis on geonosis. Wouldn't they?

Co Jo-Da
03-19-2002, 03:15 PM
Cool pictures EJ...

JonoFett
03-19-2002, 03:35 PM
What's the betting that Warwick Davis and Kenny Baker are inside those alien prosthetics?:D ;) I know what you're gonna say: "Warwick Davis isn't in AOTC." :rolleyes:

Can you imagine what the parents' would say if they were told their kids would have to endure the hours of make-up, the heat, the discomfort, all for a couple minutes of shooting? :D

Jargo
03-19-2002, 04:42 PM
I think possibly they added the alien faces in afterward with CGI. I can't imagine them getting six year old kids to play aliens with masks on for hours of filming. And these are too thin to be 'little' people. little people are quite chunky by default as part of the condition they're born with. Both these younglings look skinny to me which means they are average kids like the rest of the group. These will probably turn out to be the kids of one of the production staff. Parents of ordinary kids would want to see their kids faces on screen because that's what parents are like. Whereas a member of the production team would probably be really chuffed to see their kids turned into aliens by CGI because they know that the aliens are the characters people remember most. And the ones most likely to be immortalised in plastic as toys. :) Logic of showbiz eh? Nuts isn't it. :D :crazed:

pthfnder89
03-20-2002, 02:52 PM
I think possibly they added the alien faces in afterward with CGI. I can't imagine them getting six year old kids to play aliens with masks on for hours of filming. And these are too thin to be 'little' people. little people are quite chunky by default as part of the condition they're born with. Both these younglings look skinny to me which means they are average kids like the rest of the group. These will probably turn out to be the kids of one of the production staff. Parents of ordinary kids would want to see their kids faces on screen because that's what parents are like. Whereas a member of the production team would probably be really chuffed to see their kids turned into aliens by CGI because they know that the aliens are the characters people remember most. And the ones most likely to be immortalised in plastic as toys. :) Logic of showbiz eh? Nuts isn't it. :D :crazed:

Plus which, the are VERY strict rules about using young actors, including the length of time they can work and the amount of makeup that can be put on them.

They would NEVER be allowed to put a little kid in a makeup chair for more than about 30 minutes to an hour, so unless these are just full masks that they can pull right over the kids heads, then the actors are probably CGI or maybe just lifesized puppets.

Awesome pic Jargo, I had never noticed those little guys before:)

SaeseeTiin
05-09-2002, 12:46 PM
I got the Star Wars Ep2 sticker album yesterday, and there is a great picture in the Arena of the Jedi surrounded. The Droids are much closer than in the shot in the trailer, and all the Jedi can be made out!!!
First, theres Mace, Obi-Wan and Anakin(and Padme) which was obvious. There is also Eeth Koth, who wears cream-coloured robes so typically the Hasbro Eeth Koth figure isn't correct to the Arena Battle, Grrr!
Anyway, there's also Luminara Unduli, Adi Gallia (who interestingly uses a green lightsaber although in pictures she has posed with a blue blade), Butler Swan (green lsaber blade), Shaak-Ti, Saesee Tiin and Kit Fisto.
There are also three other Jedi who I have never seen before. One is a coloured human with a blue lsaber blade. The other two are aliens, one of which I'm almost certain is a Weequay (blue lsaber blade) which there is a side view of. The other is a alien, possibly a Barada but I'm not sure, but he does have a padawan braid.
There is also a fallen Jedi, but only a hand and leg can be seen so the Jedi can't be made out.
So overall this seems very interesting. It must be before Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi arrive with some other Jedi. And, there is no sign of other Jedi including Barris Offee and Even Piell who are menat to be in the battle, so they must be dead by this point.
Over the page, there is a picture of when the clones attack. The Twi-Lek Jedi Aayla Secura can be seen charging with the clones, so she is alive up to this point. This may been as she isn't in the previous picture that she is in Plo Koon and Ki-Adi-Mundi's 'team' if their scenes of trying to turn off the droids makes the final cut of the film.
This all seems very interesting and good I believe, anyone got any comments or questions about all of this?

STiin

JEDIpartner
05-09-2002, 12:53 PM
nice reporting!!! It will be interesting to see who IS left. I can't imagine that SO many Jedi are killed that the only ones left could fill the council chamber and that's it. I think the complete Jedi purge will occur in III or between III & IV.

Taichi
05-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Plo and Ki don't participate in the arena battle, they're busy destroying the droid control ships

SaeseeTiin
05-09-2002, 01:07 PM
Ki and Plo do go to destroy the droid control shio, but they do enter the arena battle. If you remember the Plo figure its called 'Arena Battle Battle', and when the Jedi are surrounded and Dooku talks to them, we have seen pictures of Ki and Plo included in the surrounded Jedi, can anyone post one of those pictures as I'm not able to post one.
Thanks

Darth Ovori
05-09-2002, 01:30 PM
NNNOOOOOOOO, please don't let Ayla Secura die!!!!
:cry: :cry: :cry:

2-1B
05-09-2002, 01:54 PM
Who's Butler Swan? That's the only name I don't recognize. :)

Jedi Clint
05-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Only 200 Jedi were available to go to Geonosis for the rescue. I think around 9,000 remain after AOTC. Yoda says the exact number in the book, but I am too lazy to go get it right now.

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Who's Butler Swan? That's the only name I don't recognize. :)

I posted a pic of her here Ceasar. Shes just a background Jedi. http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6865

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by SaeseeTiin
Ki and Plo do go to destroy the droid control shio, but they do enter the arena battle. If you remember the Plo figure its called 'Arena Battle Battle', and when the Jedi are surrounded and Dooku talks to them, we have seen pictures of Ki and Plo included in the surrounded Jedi, can anyone post one of those pictures as I'm not able to post one.
Thanks

This is the pic you're looking for SasseTiin:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=65912
It was scanned from Entertainment Weekly

The Jedi from left to right:
1)Eeth Koth , cream colored floor length robes
2)Female Jedi , I feel pretty sure this is Barris Ofee, Luminaras padawan. Her outer robes are the same as this Jedi.
3)Stas Ali (may have gotten her name wrong) This is Adi Gallias cousin. That is the reason she has a green saber and Adi Gallia is pictured with a blue one.
4)Anakin
5) Plo Koon
6)Shaak Ti
7) unknown Jedi
8) Padme
9)Ki Adi Mundi
10) Barrada Jedi

Not shown in this photo, but definitely in the same circle are Mace, Obi Wan, and Kit Fisto. I know there are others, but I'm not sure who and I don't want to give out false info. :)

Beast
05-09-2002, 02:34 PM
While those Jedi do survive the arena battle, the Republic Gunship with Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth, Plo Koon (I think),and 1 or 2 others are destroyed by ground fire as they are escaping. You can see the shot in the original TV Jango Fett trailer. There is a shot from behind of Yoda, Mace, and Ki-Adi-Mundi at the gunship door and they are knocked around as the Gunship across from them is hit by ground fire and explodes.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
05-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
While those Jedi do survive the arena battle, the Republic Gunship with Shaak Ti, Eeth Koth, Plo Koon (I think),and 1 or 2 others are destroyed by ground fire as they are escaping. You can see the shot in the original TV Jango Fett trailer. There is a shot from behind of Yoda, Mace, and Ki-Adi-Mundi at the gunship door and they are knocked around as the Gunship across from them is hit by ground fire and explodes.

That's very strange.... I swear I mentioned the exploding gunship in my post, but it somehow got left out:confused: :confused:
Oh well. Yes, that's the shot that I was supposed to refer to anyway JJB.

But isn't Plo Koon confirmed to survive the battle, although badly injured? Perhaps it's Saesse Tiin in that gunship?

Battle Droid
05-09-2002, 02:53 PM
Is Oppo in the Arena Battle?

SaeseeTiin
05-10-2002, 01:26 AM
I've just read something very interesting on TFN, which states we see Jedi Council member Trebor Coleman shot by Jango Fett, and he then falls off a balcony. I thought it was quite interesting, and it shows how Jedi Council members are just as likely to die as other Jedi.
I don't know about Oppo, although I know for certain Depa Bilaba stays at the Jedi Temple looking after the clans, so she isn't in the battle.

STiin

DarthChuckMc
05-17-2002, 09:41 PM
Here is a list I made of Jedi in the order that you see them ignite their sabers.

Plo
Ki-adi
Unknown –just see hand with green saber

Shakti
Luminara

Kit
New “duckbill?” jedi

Eeth Koth
Barris

Asian girl
New “dinosaur” jedi

This is a list of the Jedi survivors starting with Mace going clockwise

Mace
Amidala-not a Jedi..I know... but she's standing there
Anakin
Blonde guy
Eeth Koth
Luminara
Adi Gallia
Asian female
Shaakti
Quinlon ?
Saesee
Aayla
Nikto
Klatooian
Kit Fisto
Obi-wan
Plo Koon- behind Anakin
Ki-Adi- behind Padme

Can you think of any more?

PloKoon2385
05-18-2002, 12:26 AM
Adi-Gallia I assumed died in the Arena? I saw her only once, but I am not sure if she was in the circle of Jedi. I would have really liked to see her, Saesee, Mace, and Eeth Koth more. And, Depa Billaba was supposed to be the only council member who remained on Coruscant, so where were Even Piell and Oppo Rancisis??

Beast
05-18-2002, 12:34 AM
Neither of those were Adi Gallia, that was Stass Allie you spotted in the Arena. Adi Gallia's her cousin. Adi Gallia did not go to Geonosis, she stayed behind. It's because she is busy during the timeframe of the movie, doing what occurs in the Jedi StarFighter game. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

PloKoon2385
05-18-2002, 12:37 AM
I thought about that too. I just wasn't quite sure. In that case, why isn't Adi Gallia seen at all. Grr... I still can't believe they didn't show more of the other Jedi besided Obi-Wan and Anakin. Too much C-3P0, not enough Jedi. Should have been a longer scene.

darth neil
06-04-2002, 08:43 AM
does anybody know the name of the jedi alien who attacks count dooku and is shot down by jango?

i liked him will there be an action figure of him, i think there should be

darth neil

"at last we have the mighty chewbacca!"
jabba the hutt

187-Maul
06-04-2002, 08:57 AM
I think his name is somewhat coleman
the other forumites may know his first name I guess

BlahBlahBlah
06-04-2002, 09:05 AM
Coleman Trebor, based on Robert Coleman, a Lucasfilm staff member.

LTBasker
06-04-2002, 09:52 AM
And he replaced Yaddle or Yareal on the council, I bet THEY wouldn't of got shot! :D

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
And he replaced Yaddle or Yareal on the council, I bet THEY wouldn't of got shot! :D

Lol, definitely not if Yaddle fought anything like Yoda!;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-04-2002, 05:04 PM
What known Jedi fight in the Arena? So far I have:
*Anakin Skywalker
*Obi-Wan Kenobi
*Mace Windu
*Ki-Adi-Mundi
*Plo Koon
*Aayla Secura
*Luinara Unduli
*Barriss Offee
*Shaak Ti
*Saesee Tiin
*Eeth Koth (or is it another Iridonian Zabrak?)
*Stass Allie (or is it Adi Gallia? Stass has a blue saber, but the Jedi who looks like them has a green one, maybe Adi?)
*Kit Fisto
*Bultar Swan
*Coleman Trebor
That's all I know!!!

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 05:19 PM
I think you've pretty much covered all the Arena Jedi who have names. There are obviously tons of others but they're all background nonames. :)

mylow thehutt
07-31-2002, 07:35 PM
:)Ok stay with me here.

first off, a bunch of jedi come into the arena a whole mess of them bit the dust (Barriss Offee,Coleman Tember,& Pablo Jhill just to name a few)any way,Then comes the circle of DEATH.But just in time yoda saves the Day. THREE Ships drop down.Ok heres the kicker.Yoda,Mace,Mundi,& Fisto in one Anakin,Padme,Obi-wan in an another.Then Shakk-Tii,Sea-Sea tinn and others get in the 3RD one.We see them flying away,Then 2 other ships Joine the flight party,then one gets blown outa the sky!! NOW heres when people have been saying that they saw light sabers in that ship,Not posable! Heres why.When the 3 ships land Ploo Koon,AND ALYA SECUREN get in the third one,now if the 3rd ship blew up then how did we see Alaya lead the asult team into battel outside the arena.so it means all the jedi in the circle of death survived the arena but we still don't know who survived the outside battel. Ok thats my theory,you may have to read this twice.:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2002, 02:07 PM
The only no-namers I know of in the circle are:
*White human with black long hair - looks like Legolas from LOTR but with black hair (he's the one on the left of the pic with Ani and Padme in front, with the other Jedi
*Bald black human - not Mace Windu
*Klatooinian (same species as Barada)
*Weequay Jedi
*The human that dies and Obi-Wan looks at
I believe that's it . . .