PDA

View Full Version : Saviors of the Star Wars galaxy...

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 08:25 PM
I know this has absolutely NOTHING to do with POTJ, but it is the most read area. I was thinking, like I often do, who is the ultimate savior of the galaxy? And it is not Luke.
Here are the finalists:
R2-D2: Saved the Queen's starship, and Luke MANY times.
Qui-Gon Jinn: Queen couldn't have been rescued without her, Anakin wouldn't have become a Jedi and saved the galaxy by eventually killing Palpatine
Obi-Wan: Started training Luke, who somewhat saved the galaxy, helped Qui-Gon, Killed Darth Maul
Darth Vader: killed Palpatine
Luke: obvious
Wedge: saved Luke several times
Leia: got those Death Star Plans into R2
C-3PO: told r2 to turn off garbage smashers
Chewie: helped Han in many ways
Han: saved Luke's BUTT many times, gave them a transport, saved Leia, etc
Boba Fett: missed hitting Luke in the head
Lando: Blew up DS2
The list goes on and on, but the ultimate winner is:
TC-14: Informed the Neimoidians that they were Jedi. If she hadn't they might have gone and talked to the Jedi and they may have negotiated, making it so that Qui-Gon would have never found Anakin, who would have never had Luke and Leia, who wouldn't have ever saved the galaxy. Darth Maul would still live and would have killed all the Jedi. Then Sidious and Maul would have no enemies to worry about, because most of the main threats to them wouldn't exist.
WHEW there ya go.

Lobito
08-27-2001, 09:17 PM
The stormtroopers, for being so dumb!!! They always miss when they are shooting...one of them even crashes his head in a scene!!!!

Do u remember in ANH when C-3PO and R-2 are almost caught by the stormtroopers in the Death star??? Well, when the stormtroopers open the door of that place, one of them crashes his head with the top of the door!!! Look at it, its real funny.

bigbarada
08-27-2001, 09:20 PM
Admiral Ozzel for coming out of light speed to close to the Hoth system. If the Imperials had gotten the drop on the Rebels things could have been ugly.

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 11:13 PM
I mean the FIRST. I mean, if TC hadn't done that, NONE of that would've happened in the first place. So who do you think is the FIRST savior?

stillakid
08-27-2001, 11:13 PM
Obviously it's those saviors of the Universe, the Midichlorians. They control EVERYTHING you know. They're in the bloodstream, in your's, in mine, Luke's, Anakin's, the Jawa that says "utini!". If they weren't in the story, god knows what would've happened to the galaxy. Luke couldn't possibly have mustered up the internal fortitude on his own to destroy the Death Star, learn the ways of the Force, and face the Emperor. Nooo! Humans are far too weak and silly to accomplish great things on their own. It's the Midichlorians to the rescue. They did it all. Every bit of it. I swear! It's in the story now. Check it out for yourself. Really, I'm not crazy. Some people here will honestly back that up. They really really really believe that the Midichlorians belong in the Universe and and ... oh, forget it.

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 11:16 PM
No......I really think you are crazy. Midichlorians? What did they actually do? Nah. TC! Hero of the Universe!:D

bigbarada
08-27-2001, 11:21 PM
Chancellor Valorum for secretely sending the Jedi in the first place.

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 11:23 PM
Good point! But it is actually the Jedi who sent Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Chancellor Valorum requested it, but one of the Jedi chose them. I think it was Mace Windu. So Valorum and Windu are the saviors!:D

bigbarada
08-27-2001, 11:26 PM
No, no, now that I think about it, it's Valorum's mom for making him eat his Wheaties.:D

PloKoon2385
08-27-2001, 11:33 PM
Maybe you are right......:D

Lobito
08-27-2001, 11:41 PM
Queen Amidalla for contacting the Republic and telling them about the Neimodian blockade.

stillakid
08-28-2001, 12:57 AM
No, think about it. Some wise sages on this very board said so. Midichlorian's control everybody and the Force. They are responsible for everything! That's what George gave us. We're not allowed to think independently. It's his Universe. We're supposed to love it or leave it.

El Chuxter
08-28-2001, 12:53 PM
2-1B (http://fan.starwars.com/TooOnebee/Too_Onebee.html ): The droid that saved the man that saved the galaxy! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
08-28-2001, 02:06 PM
You're all wrong! It's duct tape I say! DUCT TAPE! It holds everything together.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bel-Cam Jos
08-28-2001, 05:22 PM
If you're going with "the first," then any characters from the Classic Trilogy need to be ignored, as well as E2-3 chars that are introduced. That's not fair. I'd go with the Star Destroyer officer who says "Hold your fire" about the escape pod from the Tantive IV in ANH.

Or, to annoy El Chuxter, it's the "Storm's comin' Annie" lady. If not for her, our heroes would never have made it back to their ship! :D

master jedi
08-28-2001, 05:32 PM
The savior could be Jar Jar. If Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan would have never have found Jar Jar the Gungan race wouldn't have given them a ship to get to Theed to get Queen Amidala.

GNT
08-29-2001, 01:33 AM
I'll go with...

Originally posted by PloKoon2385

Qui-Gon Jinn: Queen couldn't have been rescued without him

TC-14: Informed the Neimoidians that they were Jedi. If she hadn't they might have gone and talked to the Jedi and they may have negotiated, making it so that Qui-Gon would have never found Anakin, who would have never had Luke and Leia, who wouldn't have ever saved the galaxy. Darth Maul would still live and would have killed all the Jedi. Then Sidious and Maul would have no enemies to worry about, because most of the main threats to them wouldn't exist.
WHEW there ya go.

evenflow
08-29-2001, 08:40 AM
I have to go with BoShek, if it wasn't for him Luke & Obi-won would have never met Han & Chewbacca.

Rollo Tomassi
08-29-2001, 09:26 AM
Jabba the Hutt! If he hadn't hired Han, Han would never had dumped the spice shipment and had Jabba breathing down his neck and so would have not taken "the job" in order to get Jabba off his tush about dumping the shipment!

Zev for finding Han and Luke on Hoth.

R5-D4 for having a bad motivator.

Heck, everybody saves the galaxy through their actions at some point...

stillakid
08-29-2001, 11:08 AM
The problem with the TC-14 scenario is assuming that Sidious wouldn't concoct another nefarious plan. According to the infamous Midichlorian scenario (Hey, GL wrote that crap, not me), the Midi's would have "controlled" somebody to eventually find Anakin, TC14 scenario or not. The droid is not the Savior of the Universe. The Midichlorians are. They are the Saviors of the Universe.