PloKoon2385
03-17-2002, 04:34 PM
I like them all a lot. I would rank them:
1. Jango Fett
2. Zam Wessel
3. CloneTrooper
4. R3-T7

Why do I rank R3 so low? Well I will tell you about him first:
He is wonderfully made... EXCEPT: his "nose" is a little too small. All the other Astronomech noses are bigger. Is it supposed to be that way? I don't know but it looks weird. The paint is nice but in the picture he is all dirty, but he isn't.

Jango Fett. A real work of art. Beautifully sculpted and the detail is magnificent. Also, the blast effect not only work on his guns, but his jetpack as well. WOW! What more can be said. Event hough the articulation is poor, the detail and sheer coolness makes up for it.

Zam Wessel. Also very nicely done. It is a little hard to make her hold her rifle, but that's ok. The holster is a nice touch and her pistol fits in her hand nicely. The paint job is excellent and again, the articulation is poor, but isn't missed too much.

Clone Trooper. Nicely done. The fact that he can hold the blaster in two hands is nice. THe blast effect is a little stupid in this one because it is HUGE! The paint is nice and the articulation, again is unneccessary because he is in a nice pose.

Overall I think that they are wonderful and make me anxious for the EpII toys even more.

mark2d2
03-17-2002, 07:05 PM
RE: R3-T7

I also noticed he appears to have had "a nose job." But I just figured that this was a change that happened as some sort of design improvement. Remember as an R3 he is a later model than any of his R2 counterparts.

And I was glad he wasn't any more dirty than he is. Hasbro often seriously overdoes the dirt effect IMOP.

PloKoon2385
03-18-2002, 12:11 AM
I didn't mind the less dirt either. But I looked in my Essential Guide to Droids, and his nose is the same as all the others. I dunno, it just looks funny.

LTBasker
03-18-2002, 04:37 AM
I guess you're refering to the holo-emitter as the "nose."

So playability wise, how would you rank them instead of detail and paint? R3 seems like it should've gotten higher than the Clone Trooper, considering it's as articulated as it needs to be, it's head is see-through and full of detail, the paint isn't that bad and especially seems like a great one for custom jobs. 'Course that's only judging by the pic.

PloKoon2385
03-18-2002, 05:29 PM
I think they all have good playability. Jango and Zam, even though they have little articulation, are awesome for playing. I prefer the action poses over neutral poses.