PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair Vader arrival?

Sith Lord 0498
03-17-2002, 06:51 PM
Just wondering if anyone's received their Toy Fair Darth Vader from the fan club yet? I ordered it back on February 22nd, and according to my account status it hasn't shipped yet. I e-mailed the fan club on Friday, but they haven't gotten back to me yet (probably because it's the weekend).

Anyways, I'm really excited about this figure and can't wait for it to arrive. Plus, they already charged me for it, and I'd like to have it before I pay for it! :) So if anyone knows what's up with the figure, I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me. Thanks.

Casual George
03-18-2002, 11:19 AM
I sent a note to the club a few weeks ago asking the same thing. There reply basically said they did not know exactly when they would have them in stock. Though, they did expect to ship them before May.

Sith Lord 0498
03-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Thanks a lot. Wow! May. That sure is a long time to wait for an action figure, isn't it? Kinda makes me wonder how long I'll have to wait for the AOTC theatrical poster if I'm able to get an order through. Oh well. I'm sure this figure will be worth the wait.

Anyways, thanks again. If anyone else hears any updates, let me know.

Turbowars
03-18-2002, 08:34 PM
You know, this sucks! They charged my credit card right away and sent nothing. They at least should have given us a time when they would ship. I was under the assumption that they were in stock and ready to ship. I guess I was wrong and should have known better. Oh well thats Hasbro and the crappy fan club for you.

2-1B
03-19-2002, 02:15 AM
SithDroid posted in another thread that the club's phone message said the TF Vaders start shipping at the end of this week.

I REALLY hope that's the case, my order is charged and paid for as well - let's ship the goods ! :)

Jedi Drew
03-19-2002, 07:01 AM
I totally agree with you guys. I ordered one and am still waiting for it to ship. Boy, that's pretty slick to charge your card and don't ship the figure. I may give them a call today and see what's goin on with this problem.:confused: :confused:

evenflow
03-19-2002, 09:58 AM
I have not got mine either, slick of them to charge us all though.

Beast
03-19-2002, 12:45 PM
Rebelscum asked the fan club why they were charging credit cards already in a recent Q&A. Here is a copy of it.

Fan Club Info On Toy Fair Darth Vaders

Q. Can you confirm again that this is the exact same Darth Vader / card that was given away during Toy Fair this year?

A. Yes, exactly the same.

Q. Many people have noticed that you have already charged credit cards for their orders. What is your policy about credit cards?

A. Because we don't keep customer credit card numbers on file, we charge at the time the order is placed. We can do this because we expect to ship the orders in less than 30 days from order date.

Q. Why is there a delay in shipping them?

A. The main reason is that we are being extra careful about preparing these for shipment. With the saber sticking outside the package, this is very important to us, because we know it's important to our customers.

Q. Is there a possibility you will be able to get more of the cards?

A. Yes, but it's too early to say. We also did not sell all we expect to get. This is because we have to save some in case of shipping damage and because it's never a good practice to sell out before you actually have them in your warehouse.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sith Lord 0498
03-19-2002, 06:30 PM
I just got a response to my e-mail from the Fan Club. Looks like maybe they'll be getting here soon. Here's the text.

We are still awaiting news regarding a date as to when the Darth Vader pre-orders will ship but expect them to ship as early as Friday!! Please be aware that if your order contained other items in addition to the Darth Vader figure, those do not ship until the entire order is filled.

Laura
Online Support
Star Wars Fan Club

Megs 2
03-20-2002, 07:48 AM
I don't have a clear pic of Vader, so can anyone please tell me if this is an actual 3 3/4" figure or is it a figurine? If it's a standard figure then I will somehow pic 1 up. Which means I can go to my local figure collection show or I will join the club. Thank u.

InsaneJediGirl
03-20-2002, 08:17 AM
Megs2

Its a 3 3/4'' inch figure.Its the 1997 DarthVader repainted:rolleyes: You dont have to be a memeber of the
FanClub to get one,but you will have to pay a higher price
of 14.99 instead of 11.99

No pic..sorry!Try shop.starwars.com

Megs 2
03-20-2002, 08:38 AM
Thank u for the info InsadeJediGirl.

Sith Lord 0498
03-20-2002, 11:06 AM
Here a link to pictures of the figure, Megs 2. Just click on them for larger, really clear images. But if you want to get one, you'll probably have to get in on eBay, at a convention, or elsewhere. Judging from the way the Fan Club is talking, it doesn't sound likely that they'll get any more in stock. But keep looking. Maybe they will.

And if you can order it in the future, hopefully you'll get yours faster. :)

http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=51

Mr Sci Fi
03-21-2002, 01:57 PM
I betcha their doing a rush order on producing more. They know how hot he is and the fanclub doesn't want to loose on the potential profit of them.