PDA

View Full Version : Fate of the Star Wars Universe...

stillakid
03-18-2002, 11:32 AM
I just noticed that the back of my R4-M9 card (which the UPS guy just delivered :) ) says: "The fate of the Star Wars Universe is in your hands!"

Obviously they're referring to playing with the toy, but it also sounds like an ominous warning to all the whining that goes on. "Cut it out before we stop making these things!":frus:

What do you think?

JEDIpartner
03-18-2002, 11:56 AM
I think they meant that for those who play with their toys... not as a warning for the collectors. I saw that too and thought, "gee... they really do know that some of us still play with our toys!!"

icatch9
03-18-2002, 12:28 PM
I agree a fair warning should be given to the poor sports who complain a ton.

LTBasker
03-18-2002, 12:57 PM
It's collector nature. :p However if they listened then maybe it would quiet down. ;)

Lord Tenebrous
03-18-2002, 02:10 PM
All of the basic POTJ say that. On the older style, it's on the right hand side under "Power of the Jedi"

It's just a cheesy card catchphrase.

hukilu
03-19-2002, 02:24 PM
I sometimes find it amazing that so many whiners still continue to collect. If everything Hasbro does is so horrible - why continue?

I for one am happy to have this hobby and am pretty happy when Hasbro releases its new products. And if you can pay attention long enough they usually correct their mishaps (Luke, 95 Han 95, Lando 95, Chewie 95 and so on!

I wish collectors could be more postive and inspire Hasbro instead of causing them to always play damage control over distribution, prices, packins, resculpts, ect...

mark2d2
03-19-2002, 06:39 PM
Who did you guys order yours from? Aislesniper has been SLOW on getting me mine, and I ordered 'em in January. Though they are "rumoured" to be being shipped out today . . .

PS -- We complain so loudly because they still have yet to correct their gravest mistake! R5-D4 . . . :crazed:

JEDIpartner
03-20-2002, 10:29 AM
from an on-line vendor... then I found the whole wave at Wal*Mart last weekend. I picked up another one of him to leave on the card... just in case!