PDA

View Full Version : Droidekas and Battle Droids on AOTC

ACPin
03-18-2002, 12:03 PM
After I've seen the latest trailer with the Droidekas and Battle Droids involved in the Clone Wars, do you think Hasbro would reissue/repack these figures? If Hasbro did, would you buy them still even if you already had the TPM versions?

JEDIpartner
03-18-2002, 12:19 PM
We DO know for one that there is a BATTLE DROID (ARENA BATTLE) coming out. We've also heard what a total piece of junk it is... the head falls off and there is no leg articulation. So... at any rate... we have ONE of them being reissued. I can see them reissuing the Droideka again. It's sorta like how we kept getting Stormtroopers throughout the release of the original trilogy, but this time with resculpts.

Beast
03-18-2002, 12:42 PM
Like JEDIpartnr said, there is a Battle Droid: Arena Battle coming out. And there is a break-apart Battle droid packed in with the deluxe Mace Windu. The early Hasbro lists for this year also list a C-3PO w/ Battle Droid (Deluxe 2-pack) and a Destroyer Droid (Deluxe). Some also list a Battle Droid: Pilot (Blue), though that one I don't have any confirmation on yet. So there will be new versions of them in the AOTC's line. Hopefully the Destroyer Droid uses the more correct body sculpt, like was designed for the Jar Jar vs. Droideka set.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
03-19-2002, 07:07 AM
I hope they just make a hole new destroyer in the correct size since the jar-jar pack in is still in my opinion too small
it also would be great to have him folding up :) but like in the movie not like the 9" version - if you compare him with the scan in the visual dictionary of E1 you can see a lot differences
and a little question - why didn't hasbo make the head of the 9" version right (bending up while in battle stance) ?

Starfig873
03-19-2002, 09:18 AM
Because if they had done that then the head wouldn't slide back correctly when you fold it up.
And the eye stalk isn't bent either because they have to attatch to the end, once again, for folding up purposes.

And would I buy more droids? Sure. Gotta have lightsaber fodder. ;)

Jayspawn
03-19-2002, 10:25 AM
I agree with JEDIpartnr. I'm going to try not to buy them. But we'll see. It kinda depends on how the rest of the line turns out.

fourtwo
03-19-2002, 02:38 PM
i'd buy a new destroyer simply cause i never found one up here, well not one for less than 20 bcks atleast :(

that jar jar vs destroyer is sooo sweet looking btw, wish they would have made that so i could have had another toy to wish i had
:D

Battle Droid
03-19-2002, 09:57 PM
I can't get enough Battle Droids, even though the Arena one doesn't have knee articulation and the head doesn't stay on good, I'll still buy a ton of them, and leave the rubber band on the head.

I bought 6 regular Ep1 BD's and 4 OOM-9's, and they're alot worse than the Arena BD.

And that Destroyer Droid with Jar Jar looks awesome, by far the best DD ever.

Beast
03-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
And that Destroyer Droid with Jar Jar looks awesome, by far the best DD ever.
Yeah, and the Jar Jar figure looks pretty good as well. Sadly the E1 line sputtered and died, and that set, and the Qui-Gon vs. Security Battle Droid set was cancelled. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
03-19-2002, 11:30 PM
Yeah the Jar Jar figure isn't to bad either, i've only got the first Ep1 Jar jar figure that was released.

JarJarBinks do you have a pic of the Qui Gon and Security BD 2 pack?

Beast
03-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
JarJarBinks do you have a pic of the Qui Gon and Security BD 2 pack?
Sure do, here you go:

By the way the Qui-Gon Jinn that was shown at Toy Fair is a re-tooled version of the QGJ from this pack. Just like the SBD in POTJ was a re-tooled version of the droid from this pack. So if Hasbro continues to release previously cancelled figures, hopefully we will get the Obi-Wan: Naboo Swamp and OOM-9 from the KB Toy Store Trophy Asst. that was cancelled.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
03-19-2002, 11:41 PM
Cool, thanks.:D

The carded Security BD is better, and if the 2 pack had been released we may not have gotten the carded one.

fourtwo
03-20-2002, 01:10 PM
i think the stuff they didn't make from ep I like the jar jar vs DD, qui gon vs BD, the trophy oom and what not...was the best pieces of the line, and we never saw it...kinda sad in a way.
:(

RooJay
04-09-2002, 03:09 AM
The Destroyer Droids in AOTC would give Hasbro an excellent excuse to gives us a properly scaled, transformable version as a deluxe figure with a transparent energy shield sphere accessory to put him under.