PDA

View Full Version : Why do you want to know what happens?

icatch9
03-18-2002, 01:39 PM
I am a big Star Wars fan just like eveyone else here, but I have little desire to know what happens. I have read a few spoilers, but nothing to revealing. However, it seems that many people would like to know what happens right now, through the"grape vine" of all places. Why? Why do you want to know what someone heard and might be true? Why not just wait for the movie and see it in the version and format the story was intended to be told? I am not bashing anyone who wants to know, but I just do not understand why you would want to ruin the surprises in the movie.

Beast
03-18-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
I am a big Star Wars fan just like eveyone else here, but I have little desire to know what happens. I have read a few spoilers, but nothing to revealing. However, it seems that many people would like to know what happens right now, through the"grape vine" of all places. Why? Why do you want to know what someone heard and might be true? Why not just wait for the movie and see it in the version and format the story was intended to be told? I am not bashing anyone who wants to know, but I just do not understand why you would want to ruin the surprises in the movie.
For myself, it's fun to discuss the latest news about the movie with people here, and dig up info, piecing it all together before the movie opens. It's a thrill to take the latest hot topic and judge it by the info that has proven true, against a sort of "psychological profile" of George to weigh if it's true or false. I enjoyed doing it for E1 as well, keeps me from going crazy in waiting for the movie to open.

Besides, to me...reading about the film, and knowing everything from the opening scroll to the final shot is a vastly different experience then actually seeing it. I guess I'm to much of a rabid fan to wait for the movie, especially when Lucas releases pictures on the net and in magazines that wet my appetite for every scrap of news I can dig up. Not to mention the spoilerish action figures that make me want more. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Clint
03-18-2002, 02:00 PM
Your question is already being answered here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4973

So I will close this one and you can click on the link to discuss why some are ok with them and others aren't.