PDA

View Full Version : ephant mon

fourtwo
03-18-2002, 01:48 PM
i think its coming along quite nicley, seeing the prototype really made me want to get this figure. how long after the figure reaches this stage before it comes out typically?

Beast
03-18-2002, 01:59 PM
Usually around 6 months, I think that's how long it was after we saw the early prototypes for Ellors Madek and Amanaman. Rebelscum had a Q&A with Hasbro that said that Ephant Mon is due around fall, so that seems to fit. Can't wait for this guy, hopefully Hermi Odle and Yarna D'yl Gargan are looming on the horizen as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
03-18-2002, 02:02 PM
Very cool! So is there anyone out there who is still miffed about the Twilek *****s massueses not winning the contest?

fourtwo
03-18-2002, 02:18 PM
jarjar, you da man.....wupi wupi?

big barada, i have to say with the way old monie monie here looks i'm not to worried at all. they have plenty of time to make more fans choice figures.

JEDIpartner
03-18-2002, 02:22 PM
However... there is still plenty of time to muck up his paint job! THAT is what I'm worried about. All those long hairs and messed up paint.

AmanaMatt
03-18-2002, 02:28 PM
Paint job will be great. If Hasbro is taking the time to give this fat troll some articulated hands and a lower jaw, they are obviously putting some real work into Ephant Mon - it really shows on the hardcopy.

Awsome- looking figure. I am VERY happy he won the poll.

Lord Tenebrous
03-18-2002, 02:35 PM
Very nice. Let's just hope he doesn't have any gravity problems like Amanaman has. :)

mylow thehutt
03-18-2002, 03:16 PM
:cool: How many,of you guys think he'll come with a pack in,like that dog thing that bark at luke.that would sweet.:)

Lord Tenebrous
03-18-2002, 03:23 PM
I think if Ephant were to come with Attark or Bubo or some other small creature, it probably would have been announced by now. I think he's all by his lonesome...

Wolfwood319
03-18-2002, 03:27 PM
He is looking good, I just hope the paint jobs are done good enough to give this figure justice. Did it take this long for them to do the other 2 Fan's Choice winners? I thought they were out within 6 months of when they won, this one is taking over a year. Lets get another fan's choice poll up!

Beast
03-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Lets get another fan's choice poll up!
I'm all for that, but Hasbro said in their Q&A with Rebelscum, they don't have one planned for this year, since it's a movie year. I still hope they decide to do one maybe in the 4th quarter so we can see the 4th Fan Choice figure in summer/Fall next year. They better include Yarna D'yl Gargan as one of the choices, as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
03-18-2002, 03:36 PM
the other 2 fans choice figs didn't seem to have nearly as much to them, i think that may have something to do with the wait.

i'm crossing my fingers for a good paint job. i would compare them to amanaman and duros but you can't really, they were much more basic than this fella. oh well. i won't complain probably, unless i have a hard time finding this guy and he ends up being really lame.
*wishful thinking*

Jargo
03-18-2002, 06:39 PM
Interesting, very interesting. I agree with JEDIpartnr about the element of screw up being in the painting of the details like hair. Forget the next update hardcopy painted version. Hardcopies are never what you get in the stores so why bother thinking they will be? Colour wise I'd say it'll be interesting to see but EM is just a big blob of browns and greys really. Not inspiring colours.
I like it and I'll definately be seking him out to add to the collection but he seems a little - lacking somewhere and I can't put my finger on it. maybe it's the crap quality of those Hasbro jpegs. Compressed to hell so the fine details are suffering. I'd have liked to see under the cloak to see his body and his legs properly. But beggars can't be choosers eh? :rolleyes:

I think they'll make some of the runners up from fan polls before running any more actual polls. Said it before and I'll say it again - all the choices on the polls were good choices but some were just better than others. And there is a rumour of Teemto Pagalies being released this year with a pod race scavenger droid. And Teemto was on a fan poll wasn't he? So there's hope yet. :)

Beast
03-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Correct EJ, Teemto Pagalies as well as Eeth Koth both appeared in the very first fan choice poll. Here is the list of the last three polls. Hopefully we will start to see more of the ones that didn't win soon.

Fan Choice Figure Poll #1:
Amanaman
Bom Vimdim
Duros (Winner!!)
Eeth Koth
Teemto Pagalies

Fan Choice Figure Poll #2:
Admiral Ozzel
Amanaman (Winner!!)
Ben Quadinaros
Major Bren Derlin
Yarael Poof

Fan Choice Figure Poll #3:
Ephant Mon (Winner!!)
Even Piell
General Rieekan
R1-G4
Twi'lek Masseuse

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
03-18-2002, 08:03 PM
i'm happy with anything from the old movies, so i say bring it all on.
:D

Turbowars
03-18-2002, 08:42 PM
All I have to say is IT's About Time we get this guy and Hasbro please don't forget about us little collectors that CONSUME 95 % of your product

mark2d2
03-19-2002, 03:37 AM
It looks cool, I guess. Frankly, I think this character is just flat out LAME. And Jargo is right. The only color he can be is . . . Brown. Woo Hoo! I'm pumped!

I dunno. I'm still too bitter about R1 losing, I guess. This droid would have been so cool! And he's -- WOW!!! -- actually in the movie! You don't have to look for him the way you have to freeze frame to find Ephant Mon.

EM was the least inspired fan poll choice since . . . Amanaman. I dunno, maybe I just hate Jabba Palace aliens . . .

At any rate the Duro is still one of my favorite figures. He's way cool in that groovy irridescent flight suit. Hey, has anybody else noticed that Ellors and Zutton have the same gun? Not a complaint, just an observation. It fits in both holsters rather well. And at least they have different paint schemes.

Starfig873
03-19-2002, 08:51 AM
I can see Ephant Mon quite clearly on my widescreen edition, even without freeze framing :p

I'm happy for this figure, he's going to be a nice addition for sure. And yep, he's going to be a brown bugger, but once again, that doesn't bother me any. I imagine we'll get different shades of brown on his skin at least :D

evenflow
03-19-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Usually around 6 months, I think that's how long it was after we saw the early prototypes for Ellors Madek and Amanaman. Rebelscum had a Q&A with Hasbro that said that Ephant Mon is due around fall, so that seems to fit. Can't wait for this guy, hopefully Hermi Odle and Yarna D'yl Gargan are looming on the horizen as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I think it is great. He is cvomign along really nice. I agree, I hope that Yarna is on the way. I hope I hope. Great work so far.

Jayspawn
03-19-2002, 10:20 AM
He looks great! 'Bigger' Star Wars characters don't get made that often. I can't wait for this one.

Wolfwood319
03-19-2002, 10:27 AM
Which droid is R1?

Frankyly, I'd rather have a new and different looking alien creature than another droid, but that's just me.

evenflow
03-19-2002, 10:49 AM
R1 is the last droid that wa sin the fan choice poll. He is the larger greenish one. He is from a New Hope i believe. You can see him during the purchase of the droids scene. I too prefer aliens over droids.

AT-AT Man
03-19-2002, 02:44 PM
i woul have rather seen one of the jeids bein made.

Darth Nanny
03-20-2002, 07:42 AM
Looks awesome! Doesn't really give us any idea of his size, but if he is in scale with standard figures he will be one weighty piece of plastic :p
This will probably mean he has to be boxed like Mufftak & Kabe, coz normal pegs will break under the strain :eek:

Beast
03-20-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Nanny
This will probably mean he has to be boxed like Mufftak & Kabe, coz normal pegs will break under the strain :eek:
Hasbro is saying that currently they plan to put him out in the basic assortment, for 3rd quarter. I don't think you need to worry about normal pegs breaking under the weight of Mon, since they could hold Malbolgia in the original spawn line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
03-20-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
It looks cool, I guess. Frankly, I think this character is just flat out LAME. And Jargo is right. The only color he can be is . . . Brown. Woo Hoo! I'm pumped!

EM was the least inspired fan poll choice since . . . Amanaman. I dunno, maybe I just hate Jabba Palace aliens . . .

At any rate the Duro is still one of my favorite figures. He's way cool in that groovy irridescent flight suit. Hey, has anybody else noticed that Ellors and Zutton have the same gun? Not a complaint, just an observation. It fits in both holsters rather well. And at least they have different paint schemes.

I have to agree that Ephant Mon and Amanaman were never my top choices. They both have cool designs, but they don't do a whole lot for me. Ellors Madok on the other hand was just a GREAT figure. He looks interesting, has a nice gun and holster, and was made of quality materials.

I would just like to see a fans choice of someone who WASN'T from Tattoine. :) But then again, no other planets had the variety of cool aliens that Jabbas Palace and the Cantina had, so I guess those will always win the fans choice:(