PDA

View Full Version : Midnight opening

BountyHunter
03-18-2002, 02:48 PM
Are you going to be at your local toy store on the 23rd? I am. But I have a question about buying the new figures at midnight. How much money will I probably need if I want to buy all of the figures realesed on the 23rd? Just wondering, not saying I am goign to buy every one.

THANKS

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2002, 02:59 PM
Yes, I am going to go SW crazy on the 23rd.
As far as how much money you will need, that depends on what you will be buying.
I believe Wal-Mart will be selling these for $5.88 a piece, so that is probably your best bet. There are supposed to be 14 (I think) basic figures on that day, plus 2 deluxe (which will be around $9-$10 each).
Then you have the 12 inch figures. We will see 3 of those on the 23rd. They retail for around $20 a piece.
Plus there will be the vehicles and the beast assortments, which will be around $20 each.
There will be alot to buy, so get to saving!!

icatch9
03-20-2002, 04:43 PM
No there will be 12 released on the 23rd. It's sort of history repeating itself. There were 12 originally released for A new hope back in 78'. So all you have to do is multiply the $5.88 WM price or the $6.99 TRU price (don't forget sales tax) and there is your answer.

Lord_x2
03-20-2002, 06:40 PM
Hiya all...I used to be an avid poster here a few years ago and now that Episoide 2 is around the corner I'm starting to get excited again....I have a couple questions for anyone that would be able to help me. Are all Toy's R Us's opening at midnight this time around? Or should I consult my local TRU? Is the midnight opening the evening of April 22nd at midnight? Or actually on April 23rd at midnight? Thanks for your responses in advance! :)