PDA

View Full Version : R2 D2 & centipeds Deja VU?

corporal AMF
03-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Is anyone thinking the same as I do? I found the R2 very, but very similar to my R2 FX effect..... maybe a different sound in 2002, but if its like that, I htink Hasbro has no imagination at all,
Guys, took FX Artoo and put those 100 legged bugs and tag him $15 !!:mad:
at least they change the retractable leg

corporal AMF
03-18-2002, 04:05 PM
original Fx r2d2

mark2d2
03-18-2002, 04:55 PM
Yeah, this has been brought up before at length.
But he's only $6. Unless all figures are $15 in Argentina.

corporal AMF
03-19-2002, 02:31 AM
unfortunately they are, specially if its a deluxe one or with a electronic fx....hasbro central don't care much for southamerica!:dead:

evenflow
03-19-2002, 11:22 AM
Wow, 15.00 is alot of money.

Jayspawn
03-19-2002, 11:43 AM
They do look strikengly similar. The EPII version looks to have better articulation and more cleaned up. The light-up eye should be interesting.

Either way, it's gonna be hard to beat Holo Leia R2.

pthfnder89
03-19-2002, 12:23 PM
The AOTC R2-D2 really is a pretty good figure, especially for $6 retail. (sorry to hear about the high prices in Argentina Corporal AMF)

I saw him once and I like the fact that they give you those little centipede assasins from the movie. They could easily have left them out since they're already making him electronic. I'll judge him once I have actually gotten to play with him, but he seems like a really good deal so far. Much better than some other AOTC figures who shall not be named... *cough*ShaakTi*cough*cough* ;) :D:D

mark2d2
03-19-2002, 07:57 PM
One thing that nobody has brought up is that we're getting what was once considered a Premium Figure at regular price.

I'll definitely get this little guy. For one, the sound will be different. And two, he'll no doubt be a "Clean Version." The other one is very "sandy." Again, with sound, they're trying to appeal to the kiddies here, but why not?

Besides, without R2D2 there would be no Star Wars!!! Had he not saved the Queen and her ship the entire saga would have ceased to exist. Kind of mind blowing when you think about it . . .