PDA

View Full Version : Two General Veers please (merged)

SithDroid
03-18-2002, 05:53 PM
Hasbro, we the collectors for some time have been asking for Imerial Officers and Rebel Officers. Among one of these is General Veers. However we need two versions of this character, perhaps as a two-pack.

The first figure would be the one that many people remember him as, General Veers AT-AT commander.

The second would be of him in his Imeprial outfit which can be seen in the beginning of ESB aboard the Star Destroyer.

Please make these versions of him?

Also, while we're at it please make a figure of Admiral Ozzel, Captain Needa, Jan Dodonna, Captain Antilles, General Rieeken, and Crix Madine. Thanks.

Anyone else want these made? Let them know.

Beast
03-18-2002, 06:08 PM
No need for two versions of him, with the new bubbles and the extra accessories they can just make one figure that can be for either scene. Since I think that a removable cap would be to large an innacurate, go with interchangable heads. One helmeted, the other wearing his cap. And then some snap on AT-AT Commander chest armor and a mini Holo Darth Vader and you are done. :)

There is a a Rebel Officer showing up on lists for 4th quarter this year. He was originally on the sites that listed him, catagorized under ANH, which means it's probably Dodonna. But recent news is suggesting the figure will end up being Madine. I think that most of those, especially Rieeken have a definate chance of coming out sometime. Since we finally got Eeth Koth, who was in the 1nd fans choice poll, any of the fan choice figures are good possibilites to be made, somewhere down the line. And Rieeken was listed on the 2nd Fan's Choice poll, and did pretty well. :)

I hope they make all those you listed, SithDroid. As well as a few more, like Col. Wulff Yularen from ANH. And don't forget Moff Jerjerrod, no Emporer's Arrival dioramas will be complete until they make him. As well as a few Imperial Dignitaries.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
03-18-2002, 08:32 PM
The first version of General Veers has already been made, it came with the AT-AT. Now it would be great to see the second version of this guy, (in imperial officer uniform)!:)

LTBasker
03-19-2002, 05:05 AM
Nah, it would be possibly for'em to make a removeable Imperial hat for a figure, they'd just have to do just like you do with a human head, make sure they put each to scale. If they can make those microscopic Rebel Trooper blasters, they can make this. ;) Now the only thing would be them doing it WELL, which might be too hard....but they did a good job on the Bespin Guard's hat, so...

The AT-AT Commader armor wouldn't even have to snap on, it could just be connected by the shoulder straps and then slide over the figure, 'course it could snap on to make sure it doesn't wiggle around, a removeable AT-AT Commander helmet would be sweet, I think people could then easily make their own POTJ AT-ST Drivers for their empty POTJ AT-STs. :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
No need for two versions of him, with the new bubbles and the extra accessories they can just make one figure that can be for either scene. Since I think that a removable cap would be to large an innacurate, go with interchangable heads. One helmeted, the other wearing his cap. And then some snap on AT-AT Commander chest armor and a mini Holo Darth Vader and you are done. :)

There is a a Rebel Officer showing up on lists for 4th quarter this year. He was originally on the sites that listed him, catagorized under ANH, which means it's probably Dodonna. But recent news is suggesting the figure will end up being Madine. I think that most of those, especially Rieeken have a definate chance of coming out sometime. Since we finally got Eeth Koth, who was in the 1nd fans choice poll, any of the fan choice figures are good possibilites to be made, somewhere down the line. And Rieeken was listed on the 2nd Fan's Choice poll, and did pretty well. :)

I hope they make all those you listed, SithDroid. As well as a few more, like Col. Wulff Yularen from ANH. And don't forget Moff Jerjerrod, no Emporer's Arrival dioramas will be complete until they make him. As well as a few Imperial Dignitaries.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The snap on chestplate is an excellent idea! I was just thinking that. You could do a reasonably nice removable hat like the ClouD City Guard or more likely make the AT-AT helmet fit OVER the little Imperial cap he's wearing.

If the Rebel Officer is from ANH, couldn't you reasonably assume it's Capt. Colton Antilles? You seem pretty convinced it's Dodonna. is there something I missed?

Jayspawn
03-19-2002, 11:51 AM
Yes, yes. An officer version of General Veers would be great! Lets not forget the other officers Hasbro...

"Bring it on Hasbro!"

Lman316
03-19-2002, 01:09 PM
I don't know if I'd really have any use for this one, but I guess if they made the officer version, I could just use him as a generic officer. The reason is is that I don't have any ESB scenes (I display my stuff in little mini-scenes) except for the Bounty Hunters scene, with Vader getting in Fett's face about disintegration.
But, if I could use him as a regular officer, I would definitely buy him. So, yeah, "bring it on", Hasbro!

Beast
03-19-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
If the Rebel Officer is from ANH, couldn't you reasonably assume it's Capt. Colton Antilles? You seem pretty convinced it's Dodonna. is there something I missed?
Well, I had heard rumblings about Dodonna for some time. Antillies is a good possibility also, but I haven't heard any recent rumors about him showing up on Hasbro lists. I'll take either of them frankly, and I am hoping for either of these guys over Madine right now. Madine is cool, but this year needs a few more ANH charecters offered, since it's the 25th Anniversary. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Maximilian Veers
06-04-2002, 12:31 PM
General Veers is one bad dude. How many people out there can face Darth Vader, nose to breathing apparatus, without flinching?

He's the best Imperial out there...make a re-sculpt of him without the armor.....please!

The shield generators will be down in moments, you may start your landing.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-04-2002, 03:11 PM
I agree! We need a good Veers! It should come with removable chest and back armoured plates and a helmet w/adjustable goggles and his cap. And they can throw in a small holo Vader that's standing like he did in ESB, with his hands on his belt!!!

:)

Eternal Padawan
06-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Make him with his little cap sculpted on and a helmet that fits over the top of it.
And the removable armor too.

Eternal Padawan
06-04-2002, 09:08 PM
Besides Dodonna and Antilles, I'd like to see some Rebel Techs so I can have them crawling all over my X-wings and Y-wings and driving those little golf carts all over the Yavin Flight Deck.

Would you rather have Dodonna in his long coat or his flight jacket? I can't decide.

Beast
06-04-2002, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Would you rather have Dodonna in his long coat or his flight jacket? I can't decide.
I dunno, this may be a case where they would have to go with a soft goods coat on the figure. I don't see any other way of doing it. And we are pushing our luck with even getting one. I doubt Hasbro would do both versions. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Maximilian Veers
06-05-2002, 08:31 AM
Since they could make Chancellor Finis Valorum,they can make any figure they'd like......Officers both Imperial(must) and Rebel.

DarthMaulSithLord
06-05-2002, 10:49 AM
Seeing as how all the new Saga figs come with a ton of accessories (not all), they can probably make a Veers figure with removable helmet, cap and armour.

:D

DarthMaulSithLord
06-05-2002, 11:19 AM
Yeah that would probably be better since the cap would probably be kinda hard to keep on.

:)