PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Insider #59

Rollo Tomassi
03-18-2002, 06:24 PM
Normally I'd post this in the Book section but there's a wealth of spoiler info including some nifty pics. here's just a bit of whats in the mag.

Rick McCallum squashes the Liam Neeson shot for a day rumor. there's no Qui Gon in Episode II. Does this mean Dooku is NOT Qui Gons Master?

Gabriel Byrne is NOT being courted for Ep. III.

Most of the roles are already filled (meaning recurring characters like Mace, Bail, Palpy, etc..) There is a new bad guy to be cast, but it's a smaller part.

There will be minimal casting for Episode III.

there is also an interesting article about the new WOTC card game (thats odd...why would they have an article about..oh. never mind.:rolleyes: ) and the cards have dialogue on them.

OBI WAN'S STARFIGHTER : "Blast! This is why I hate flying." -obi Wan

JANGO FETT: "I'm just a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

WARD OF THE JEDI: I'm going to save Obi-Wan. So if you plan to protect me, you will have to come along" - Padme Amidala

and the groaner....

LUXURY AIRSPEEDER: "I couldn't find a speeder I really liked, with an open cockpit and the right speed capabilities, and then you know I had to get a really gonzo color." - Anakin Skywalker

Please lord, let that last one be something the WOTC guys cooked up for the card....

Lord Tenebrous
03-18-2002, 07:03 PM
The Luxery Airspeeder dialogue is real:

“That was wacky!” says Anakin, “I almost lost you in the traffic.”
“What took you so long?” asked Obi-Wan.
“Oh, you know, Master, I couldn’t find a speeder I really liked, with an open cockpit… and with the right speed capabilities… and then you know I had to get a really gonzo color…” replied Anakin sarcastically.
“If you’d spend as much time working on your saber skills as you do on your wit, young Padawan, you would rival Master Yoda as a swordsman.”

:(

Beast
03-18-2002, 07:23 PM
If all that dialogue is real LT, I'm cool with Anakin's quoted line on the cards, in the aspect of it's just him being a smart-arsed jerk to Obi-Wan. Normally a line like that would be a groaner to me, but if Anakin says it as a snide retort to Obi-wan's "took to long" comment, it works. Can't wait for May 16th to come, it's starting to be like torture. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
03-18-2002, 10:50 PM
So you're okay with "wacky" and "gonzo" JJB? Those sound like the Yippees of Episode II to me...

2-1B
03-19-2002, 01:52 AM
I'm fine with Anakin being a smart arsed jerk to Obi-Wan, and actually think the bits about the open cockpit and speed capabilities could be cool . . .

. . . but "gonzo" ? Freaking GONZO ? ? ? Yep, that's a groaner if I've ever seen (and eventually, heard) one.

"Wacky" is bad, but it's a work of literary brilliance compared to "gonzo" :D

:)

LTBasker
03-19-2002, 05:20 AM
Yep, Gonzollo is coming to Star Wars! :p Gonzo = Whatever, Anakin = Whatever, it's perfect! :p

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 09:30 AM
Oddly enough, Gonzo's color is blue, and the speeder Anakin takes is yello...oh. Never mind.

"It's time to put on make-up.
It's time to light the lights.
it's time to get things started
on the Muppet Show, tonight!"

So who or what is this new bad guy they are casting? A younger Tarkin, an older Boba Fett? I think Dooku is starting his own Sith franchise with a new apprentice and this incurs the wrath of Sidious, who sends the Republic/Imperial army to squash his former Sith partner and his new apprentice. (the new apprentice being the newly cast "minor" bad guy roll.)

P.S. Darnit! I'm already being hit with teensy tiny Episode III spoilers!:mad: This is gonna be tough!

Jargo
03-19-2002, 10:20 AM
It can't be an older boba because Boba has a normal ageing process and the third movie is only one year later than AOTC right? So going by that Daniel logan will be three years older anyway he'll be pretty fly by the time we get to see Boba in EP3, if he's in it that is. But if Boba is cool in AOTC and Daniel pulls off a good turn then i can't see lucas not using him again. he's got such a great scowling face they have to utilise that.

But It's more likely to be tarkin or some Imperial looking villain. because that's where the movie is headed isn't it. There's the fall of Anakin and his move to the dark side but there's also the birth of rebellion and the birth of the Empire. Can't think of any other villain than a military tactician on Palpy's staff.

Wouldn't it be really funny if boba kept jango's head in a case on Slave-1? he didn't mean to but the head was still inside the helmet when he left geonosis and so he kept hold of the armour and the head and there's Jango all wrinkled staring at Boba every day feeding his hatred of Jedi...... BLEURGH! horrible thought. Forget i said that. :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Wouldn't it be really funny if boba kept jango's head in a case on Slave-1? he didn't mean to but the head was still inside the helmet when he left geonosis and so he kept hold of the armour and the head and there's Jango all wrinkled staring at Boba every day feeding his hatred of Jedi...... BLEURGH! horrible thought. Forget i said that. :D

They'll put interior shots of Slave-1 in the Archival Editions and you'll see the head by Boba's sleep bunk.;)

I didn't know Boba aged naturally. Is that confirmed?

McCallum has said that Tarkin wasn't in Episode III and it also implied that it was a "new" bad guy, which makes me think he would have worded it differently if it was a new actor playing a younger character like Tarkin.

Until somebody comes up with something cleverer, I'll stick with my Sith Apprentice theory.

JEDIpartner
03-19-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
"It's time to put on make-up.
It's time to light the lights.
it's time to get things started
on the Muppet Show, tonight!"

"Why do we always come here?
I guess we'll never know.
It's like a kind of torture
to have watch the show"

I had to add that because it sounds a little like the bunch of us griping about the films anymore... Hahahaha :D

Jargo
03-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Actually Rollo, I have no idea about Boba's ageing process. it just sounded better in that post to say that I did. :crazed: I would assume though that the cloning isn't a speedy process. That it actually hapens in real time and this programme has been underway for a good many years. It's more like Palpatine heard about way back and expressed an interest when the kaminoans were looking for a buyer for their product. A long term investment sort of thing.

I do think it's going to be nicer if Boba ages normally though. Otherwise he'd be ancient by the time ROTJ comes round and he's a bumbling fool....... Now hang on a minute here - Lucas wouldn't, would he...? :eek:

I wasn't implying that Tarkin would be the new baddie, I was rather hoping that it would be his predecessor. An aide to Palpy who has military experience and can organise a grand army.... JarJarBinks! No - someone with the know how and the wherewithal to get the fledgling Empire galvanised and moving. In the very first outline that Lucas wrote he had a scene on Coruscant very similar to a rally of Nazis in Germany and the generals were spouting off over a loudhailer about how great the Emperor was and then the Emperor appears himself and boosts morale and whips up the armies assembled in the grand square into a frenzy of Palpy love. I can imagine seeing that happen in the large square we saw in ROTJ SE where the Emperors statue stands.
Anyway, I was thinking maybe Lucas would use a name from way back when out of those early drafts. Montross or something. I'll have a read later and see if I can dig anything up. Might be something - might be nothing. :) It's all speculation right now anyway isn't it?

As for Boba's mother If it's Zam then that would give Boba shapeshifting abilities wouldn't it? Zam after all is one of those slippery beggars who can morph into someone elses likeness to escape detection which is why Obi and Anakin lose her in the nightclub. Isn't it? Well those highly accurate spoilers seem to think so........ :evil: :crazed: I'm suspending my judgement on that until I see the movie. But can you imagine Boba morphing under his helmet into all kinds of ugly faces and no-one being able to see it? That's effective isn't it? :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

"Why do we always come here?
I guess we'll never know.
It's like a kind of torture
to have watch the show"

I had to add that because it sounds a little like the bunch of us griping about the films anymore... Hahahaha :D

You beat me to the next verse, JP.:)

Waldorf and Statler kickass!

Jon
03-19-2002, 09:42 PM
I'm actually not as upset anymore over the "Yipee" cracks by Ani in Episode I anymore. Not since my kid I have recently noticed says "yipee" now when he is happy or excited about something. The frist few times he said it my wife and I groaned, but now it's like, hey I guess some kids do say that...of course my son is 4 not 9 or whatever. But Gonzo? if it's yellow shouldn't it be a Fozzie color?

Jargo
03-19-2002, 10:01 PM
“That was wacky!” says Anakin, “I almost lost you in the traffic.”
“What took you so long?” asked Obi-Wan.
“Oh, you know, Master, I couldn’t find a tricycle I really liked, with an open cockpit… and with the right speed capabilities… and then you know I had to get a really Big Bird color…” replied Anakin sarcastically.
“If you’d spend as much time working on your pedalling skills as you do on your wit, young Padawan, you would rival Master Yoda as a trike racer.”

:D :crazed:

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-19-2002, 10:25 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait for someone in Ep2 to exclaim "Wizards!!!"

What the hell was that word in there for??? Wizards? "Wizards, Annie!"

Yeah, George that's a great line :)

Lord Tenebrous
03-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Anakin throws a hissy fit when Padme calls him "Annie", saying it makes him sound young and immature.

And this stuff doesn't. :rolleyes:

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 11:52 PM
"Wizards, Ani!" said Kitster "That podracer is totally gonzo!"

"It is so wacky! Do you really like it? Yippee!" replied Anakin.

"Hoo-ah! That got 'em." chimed in Wedge.

"Are you brain dead?" asked Anakin. "Nobody says Hoo-ah. That's just silly."

"I think you mean wacky, Ani." interupted Kitster.

'Yeah, what he said." said Ani. "Whoo-hoo!"

2-1B
03-20-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by AreTwo-DeeTwo
I don't know about anyone else but I can't wait for someone in Ep2 to exclaim "Wizards!!!"

What the hell was that word in there for??? Wizards? "Wizards, Annie!"

Yeah, George that's a great line :)

George knew before he shot that scene that the mighty Wizards of the Coast would be coming on board in a few years as a SW licensee. It's a coy product placement :rolleyes: