PDA

View Full Version : Clone Troopers

TheJedi
08-16-2001, 05:49 AM
I try to not read anything about Ep.2 so if I'm missing something, please clue me in.
Why the new outfit? Why not just Clones in Stormtrooper gear? The Imperial Guard is the same, why aren't the Empire's shock troops? Are we even going to see Stormtroopers in this trilogy? I want to see examples of their legendary aiming skills. lol. Does anyone know the deal with this situation? Like maybe the Clone Trooper is another variation? Like Snow and Sand and Scout.

12inch Lando
08-16-2001, 09:34 AM
I'm really just guessing here but based on the EU books the clones are made from the best and brightest troops. I would say that the clonetroopers are the generic form which later become stormtroopers which are not clones. If you buy into the whole Sparti Cylinder cloning tank backstory from the books. I would say that the clonetroopers should be the best troops we ever see in the Star Wars Saga.

derek
08-16-2001, 04:45 PM
remember, the clone uniform's are 20 years before the stormtroopers. it is completly logical that a military may modify it's uniforms over such a time period.

compair u.s. military outfits in W.W.II to those in vietnam to those of modern day. they all changed over time. if you look at the supposed clone troper artwork, there are aspects of the episode 4 stormtrooper there.

Jedi Clint
08-16-2001, 08:24 PM
From the arm seen next to Doug Chiang in "Wedgie 'em out", they don't appear to be drastically different from the Storm Trooper's uniform.

TheJedi
08-16-2001, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by derek
remember, the clone uniform's are 20 years before the stormtroopers. it is completly logical that a military may modify it's uniforms over such a time period.

compair u.s. military outfits in W.W.II to those in vietnam to those of modern day. they all changed over time. if you look at the supposed clone troper artwork, there are aspects of the episode 4 stormtrooper there.

Good point. I've seen the Stormtrooper base in the Clone trooper art. And how do you know they are 20 years before the Stormtroopers? Does it say that somewhere? Cause if you're right, we wont see Stormtroopers at all in this trilogy.

derek
08-16-2001, 10:06 PM
let me clarify by saying that episode 2 takes place 20 years before episode 4. i think the storm troopers, despite what they initially wear, won't appear until palpatine declairs himself emperor(he'll need an army to protect his seat of power). that probably will happen between episode 3 and 4.

besides, the more outfits the clone/stormtroopers have, the more action figures they can sell;)

TheJedi
08-16-2001, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by derek
let me clarify by saying that episode 2 takes place 20 years before episode 4. i think the storm troopers, despite what they initially wear, won't appear until palpatine declairs himself emperor(he'll need an army to protect his seat of power). that probably will happen between episode 3 and 4.

besides, the more outfits the clone/stormtroopers have, the more action figures they can sell;)

Yeah, I know it's 20 years. But you don't think he will declare himself Emperor in one of these movies? I personally think he will. That's why I think we will see Stormtroopers.
And yes, that is more action figures for them to sell. I think Lucas did that on purpose. That is one of the reasons I'm not too big on the clone trooper idea. It doesn't always have to be different for it to work. Know what I mean?

JediTricks
08-17-2001, 03:28 AM
22 years before ANH. Ep 3 will be 2 years after that.

Eternal Padawan
08-17-2001, 12:14 PM
After their initial test-run, people laugh at the big fins on their heads, so the designers go back and make deaths-head helmets that spread fear and terror, rather than chortles and guffaws...

Fulit
08-17-2001, 02:47 PM
When I told my friend, who likes SW, but doesn't know as much as I about the new movies about the Clones, he came up with the brilliant theory that, "That's why Stormtroopers can't shoot, they're all clones of the same dumb as* dude".

Seriously though, I'm glad the Clonetroopers are going to be in different uniforms, given the Spolier info that Yoda will be leading the Clone Army. How would it look to all of us for Yoda to be leading Stormtroopers into battle? It would change the way we look at everything.

Jedi Clint
08-17-2001, 03:43 PM
I see your point Fulit, but I think it might change the way we look at everything anyway. If what we know is accurate, then any involvement the Jedi have with the utilization of the clones will eventually lead to not only their own downfall, but that of the Republic as a whole. Obviously they (the Jedi) are wedged between a rock and a hard spot in the next film.

Fulit
08-17-2001, 03:59 PM
That's true. In any event, it's going to be awesome! The idea that the Jedi contribute to their own demise is interesting.

JEDIpartner
08-17-2001, 04:17 PM
Yeah remember that awful Michael Keaton film "Carbon Copy"? Like he said... when you make a copy of a copy the end result isn't as good as the copy much less the original...

That would account for the brilliant marksmanship of the Stormtroopers, eh?

2-1B
04-20-2002, 02:05 AM
Well, I've warmed up a lot to the Clonetrooper design but I still don't like that "whistling" look of the mouth area. :)

Jargo
04-20-2002, 07:35 AM
In one of the very early story treatments for ANH way back in '73 or '74, George had a scene where Chancellor Palpatine was addressing the massed troops on Coruscant. There were civillians gathered too. It was very like the propoganda rallies that Hitler did. It showed how Chancellor palpatine as he still was whipped up support and turned the whole thing into a witch hunt of 'bad influences' The rebellion was grumbling away in the background as a small faction just taking swipes and getting involved in freedom fighting skirmishes.
This was watched by a rebel spy who then rushed to report this to the rebels but was captured and or killed by stormtroopers.

However, If George is using some of his old ideas from the early drafts i these prequels as we know he is, I think it's highly likely in episode three to see something of this nature happen. We see him in episode two standing on a platform watching the troops amass and deploy on the staging platform so he obviously has a taste for shows of military might like the Russian dictators did.
A huge rally addressed by Palpatine would be very cool Thousands of troops wearing armour that looked somewhere between the clonetrooper and the stormtrooper. No head fin, still the eye slit but with the stormtrooper mouth piece. More flexible armour. The blastech blaster we all know instead of the huge rifle.

Throw in the rebel spy and segue to a meeting of the Jedi and Organa or something and it's still going to work. It'd show how the Empire grew and show the rebellion just beginning to see how powerful Palpatine is. Whether Palpatine declares himself Emperor would be dependent on when the rebels decided to call him that not when his troops and subjects have that name forced on them by Palpatine. The rebels would probably refuse to use the title Emperor to begin with until the name seeped through the parlance used by everybody in the galaxy.

Wooooof
04-20-2002, 08:32 AM
I think the clonetrooper armor looks pretty darned cool! Even though most hate it, my favorite part is the fin. Very cool, in a cheesy '50s sort of way.

One thing that bothers me, though, do the characters in the film actually refer to them as "clonetroopers?" Or do they call them Stormtroopers or just "the clone army?"

DeadEye
04-20-2002, 01:48 PM
Just give them the different helmet and replace "clone" with storm, and they're the same thing.

Jargo
04-20-2002, 04:27 PM
The shooting script referred to them as stormtroopers or troopers when they are in their armour and clones when they are on Kamino. They were never refered to as clonetroopers as I recall though as always I'm sure someone will be anal enough to quote the script and prove me wrong. Stormtrooper is far more accurate for the behaviour of the troopers on Geonosis. That's exactly what they do. They storm the planet and the arena. no reason to say that they attack at all.

SQueek
05-01-2002, 11:14 AM
or will we get to see some fumbling guys in suits who can barely see and hit their heads off things?!

LTBasker
05-01-2002, 11:51 AM
In some shots it will be one guy standing in for one clone doing something and then in other shots they'll have CGI clones in which they are pure CGI and in some shots they'll have guys in prop suits and of course in other shots they'll have a guy and then "copy and paste" him into other parts of the scene.

pthfnder89
05-01-2002, 12:42 PM
Exactly. For exampl, the last shot of the recent CloneTrooper TV add, where it's zoomed in close on a dozen or so troopers fighting, they probably used real actors. But for any big shots they either use CGI, or they copy and paste real actors to increase the numbers, like LTB said.

JediTricks
05-02-2002, 03:26 AM
Strangely, on the Clone Trooper picture on the bubble insert of the Ep 2 action figure, it appears to be a CGI trooper even though it's a lone close-up.

JEDI_REDEEMER
05-16-2002, 10:01 PM
Is anyone else with me on the fact that the clone troopers are awsome.....they are a great unit..and even greater with Yoda as their General.

I just wonder how creative they can think?

It was neat hearing Poor ol Jango's voice coming from each clone trooper.....I know its supposed to be that way, I just thought it was neat

they are becoming my new favorite character(s)

AWSOME MOVIE LUCAS!!!!

Freedom
05-16-2002, 10:04 PM
I liked the Clone Troopers as well. They weren't as "mindless" as I thought they would be.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-16-2002, 10:07 PM
Boba Fett = Jango Fett!!!

Neat-o!

:)

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 01:19 AM
I thought it was weird that Lucas treated them more like individuals (both in dialogue and in filming concept) than the Stormtroopers of the classic trilogy. I had a hard time getting over that and the fact that not ONE of them seemed to be real - they were ALL CGI.

Sean the Hutt
05-17-2002, 01:24 AM
at least they seemed to have better aim than stormtroopers!

Beast
05-17-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I thought it was weird that Lucas treated them more like individuals (both in dialogue and in filming concept) than the Stormtroopers of the classic trilogy. I had a hard time getting over that and the fact that not ONE of them seemed to be real - they were ALL CGI.
More like Individuals? Where do you mean? They weren't standing around on the Death Star, slacking off and just chatting about the latest speeder while Obi-wan is sneaking around. They were doing their job. :rolleyes:

And not all of them were CGI. Quite a few shots of them where real people in the armor suits, mulitiplied by the use of blue screeen and computers. Me thinks you are unfairly picking on the film. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
05-17-2002, 01:30 AM
JT, they were ALL CGI? In alot of those shots it really seemed like some of them were peeps in costume. :sur:

And Lucas probably couldn't fit much Stormtrooper individuality into the story due to budgets and worrying it might go off the story - However there is the one scene with those two Stormtroopers that Obi-Wan tricks, they were pretty individual. :cool:

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 01:54 AM
I did not see ONE shot of a real-world armored clone trooper and I don't think there are any. They had those same "perfect imperfections" textures that Yoda did.

As for their individuality, they had lines of dialogue where they made decisions, were talked to by main characters like they were real people, and we saw a few shots of their "faces" (close-ups of their helmets reacting).

Beast
05-17-2002, 02:00 AM
Isn't the whole point to them, the fact that they can make thought out decisions. Lama Su and Taun We even make mention that they can think for themselves, but have been gentically engineered to obey commands.

And the are real people, and were given commands to follow. Most people, and especially Jedi, are not going to treat any living lifeform like they are inhuman. And of course they would react to stuff, they are humanoid, they react to their surroundings. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
05-17-2002, 02:05 AM
I said it was weird to me, dang man, what do you want? You're not gonna change my mind on this, compared to the stormies of the CT, these guys seem to be treated much more like individuals in this film - that seems ODD to me.

SplFrcsCWO
05-17-2002, 02:29 AM
I had no clue the Clone troopers were "good guys" until I saw the movie. That was a big shock for me as my dioramas depict them as "bad guys". They were cool to see in action. Better than stormtroopers.

187-Maul
05-18-2002, 08:08 AM
like I said in another thread, I like clonetroopers more than stromtroopers now that I've seen the movie mainly bacause of the cooler looking armor and the bigger guns:evil:
and they actually were more "human" IMO casue they talked more and cause the served the good guys and helped them

Pendo
05-18-2002, 08:14 AM
They can also shoot straighter :D

PENDO!

pthfnder89
05-18-2002, 02:29 PM
I had a hard time getting over that and the fact that not ONE of them seemed to be real - they were ALL CGI.

This sort of interested me too JediTricks. I think though that there more shots of human Clonetroopers than you think though.

I noticed that in scenes where there weren't any other real-world elements, the Clonetroopers would be done CGI. ie: the scene where Yoda tells the clone commander to bring him a ship. Yoda is CGI, as is the background, so instead of bothering to film a clone actor and composite him, they just did the entire thing in CGI.

But I believe the clonetrooper who came up to Padme after she fell, as well as the ones onboard the gunships were humans.

JediTricks
05-18-2002, 05:10 PM
Well, I obviously can't be 100% sure, and I bet it'll be easier to find out once the DVD comes out later this year, but I did notice that both Clone Trooper figures have CGI pictures of what they're portraying instead of real-world ones.

aikman
05-18-2002, 09:55 PM
Just saw it for the second time and cant get a certain thought out of my head.
We never do find out who the unspoiled clone is yet do we.
Sure we GUESS that it is boba, the child.
I have another thought.
TYPHO.
I remember he had a striking resemblance to the clones as they were eating and to boba.
Jango didnt look like either really.

I do find it interesting that he had the patch on his eye (cheap type of disguise perhaps?).

If someone has a pic of the unhelmeted clones/typho we can compare id love to see them side by side.

(i heard panaka had a problem with the pay wage for ep II so he was replaced but , could there be more to it....?)

Beast
05-18-2002, 10:00 PM
It's been discussed alot already, Captain Typho and the Clones have no relation to each other. The unaltered clone is Boba Fett, as he is only 10 years old, because he wasn't artificially aged. The person that played Captain Typho was played by Jay Laga'aia (http://www.starwars.com/bio/jaylagaaia.html), and the unmasked CloneTroopers were played by Bodie 'Tihoi' Taylor (http://www.starwars.com/bio/bodietaylor.html). And Jango looks very similar to the CloneTroopers, they are just 20 years old, while he is in his 40's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darth neil
06-04-2002, 03:25 PM
did anybody else notice that when obi-wan was being shown the clones, the bit where there eating there dinner, one of the clones looks up and gives them a dirty look, then he looks at his "brothers", like he's not happy, perphas a seed that they will turn in episode III, lets remember that everything is there for a reason....

thoughts people?

"i'd just as soon kiss a wookie"

Mandalorian Candidat
06-04-2002, 03:28 PM
I think you're thinking too much into that scene, DN. I believe the reason why one raises his head is too get his face fully seen on camera so the audience can see that the clones are definitely from Jango Fett, although a little younger. It was just there as an establishing piece to connect the two. Just like showing the younger clones at 'school' and seeing that they all look like Boba.

darth neil
06-04-2002, 03:33 PM
i dont agree we have plenty of shots of the clones, the whole scene is telling us what is happening, he just doesn't look like the other clones, its too significant on its own, remember a lot of the films ask questions that arent always answered till the next picture. the way that clone looked at them was very deliberate.

Beast
06-04-2002, 03:39 PM
He's right, your reading to much into it. What you mean, he doesn't look like the other clones? In his looks or mannerisms? The same actor played all the clones, so I hope that's not what you mean. He just lifts his head and looks around, they are human after all, even if they are clones. Plus Lucas wanted to make sure we got a good look at their faces, and that they look like younger versions of Jango that we meet a few moments later. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by darth neil
i dont agree we have plenty of shots of the clones, the whole scene is telling us what is happening, he just doesn't look like the other clones, its too significant on its own, remember a lot of the films ask questions that arent always answered till the next picture. the way that clone looked at them was very deliberate.

I don't think it really means anything either. But I do agree he looks VERY upset with something in that scene. I've noticed that everytime I've seen it.

Maybe he wanted spaghetti instead...:D

LTBasker
06-04-2002, 04:38 PM
Maybe something happened during the Cloing process and he was looking up in disgust of the food. Or he was uncomfortable with having that camera watching him. :D

Perhaps he was just curious if he could get seconds if he wasn't in disgust of the food. ;)

notafinga
06-04-2002, 10:58 PM
Idonno... that Clone Trooper in the scene with the fallen Padme moves pretty CGI to me. Too fluid, or something.

2-1B
06-05-2002, 05:29 AM
Hey, about this CGI vs. "real" Clonetrooper debate, I remember a report on TFN last week (or so) that claimed not one single Clone costume was created. Allegedly they are all CGI.

I knew most of them were CGI, but I assumed they used a few real costumes . . .

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Hey, about this CGI vs. "real" Clonetrooper debate, I remember a report on TFN last week (or so) that claimed not one single Clone costume was created. Allegedly they are all CGI.

I knew most of them were CGI, but I assumed they used a few real costumes . . .

Hmm... well that's possible. But some of the scenes with clones looked a LOT like real people, whereas some of them looked completely artificial. It seems like a big difference if they were all CGI. But who knows?:)

saladin
06-05-2002, 02:31 PM
i thought there were a couple parts when they looked fake but all in all they looked good.

Laserbrain
06-05-2002, 03:07 PM
I said it was weird to me, dang man, what do you want? You're not gonna change my mind on this, compared to the stormies of the CT, these guys seem to be treated much more like individuals in this film - that seems ODD to me.

I think what you're getting at is how other people treat the clones in the movie compared to how they were treated in the OT. The big difference there is that you have Jedi (Mace, Yoda, ect) commanding the clones and in general Yoda's gonna be much kinder and gentler with his interaction than a typical Imperial Officer. The Empire reguards Stormtroopers as tools of the war machine, little more than droids, which ultimately is what they are.

And yeah, the CGI sucks at times. It's still not perfected yet and I wish they didn't have to use it as much.

But there's always the Archive Edition...

pthfnder89
06-05-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Laserbrain

I think what you're getting at is how other people treat the clones in the movie compared to how they were treated in the OT. The big difference there is that you have Jedi (Mace, Yoda, ect) commanding the clones and in general Yoda's gonna be much kinder and gentler with his interaction than a typical Imperial Officer. The Empire reguards Stormtroopers as tools of the war machine, little more than droids, which ultimately is what they are.

Well there is still the question of whether r not Sotrmtroopers are all clones.

To me it makes more sense that when he is established as Emperor Palpatine simply drafted recruits from the sysems he controlled. Clones are very expensive whereas draftees are free:D

But then again Lucas does seem to be headed in the other direction, that Stormtroopers are all clones. Who knows? It's not as if he's averse to going against logic in the movies...:D

LTBasker
06-05-2002, 06:01 PM
One big reason I doubt the whole clone thing is that nobody seemed to have gotten suspicious from Luke's size when he was in the Stormtrooper armor. Except Leia of course, but she's probably a heightist. :D

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 02:52 AM
Laserbrain, I meant how Lucas as a filmmaker treats them.

Yay, I've been vindicated by TFN. ;)

2-1B
06-06-2002, 03:38 AM
Stormtroopers aren't clones, you suggest?
The new Insider quotes George as saying we get to see the origin of the Stormtroopers . . . yep, they're clones.

pthfnder89
06-06-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Stormtroopers aren't clones, you suggest?
The new Insider quotes George as saying we get to see the origin of the Stormtroopers . . . yep, they're clones.

But does he say flat out that Stormtroopers are clones? "Origin" could mean a lot of things. If they did start recruiting regular humans for them later on, the clonestroopers would still be the "origin" of them.

I agree it's likely that he will make the Stormtroopers clones, but it's not a given yet. There is also evidence against it such as how Stormtroopers in the OT all had different voices and they made small talk amoungst themselves. None of that seems consistent with them being clones.

Again, I think he still might say they are, but it's not a given yet.:)

2-1B
06-06-2002, 01:38 PM
He does not say it outright, but it is implied. :)
If they did start recruiting them later on, No the clones would not be the origin of the stormtroopers. Clone army vs. a conscripted army would be a huge difference in the history of the Empire.

Sure, the voices are different in the OT but I suspect that will be rationalized by the use of a different style of helmet. As for the different voices between Stormies, I bet that's a technical thing that George'll ignore. Or he'll just use Tem Morrison's voice in the ""Archive Editions"". :D

Why can't clones have some small talk? The Daniel Logan clones were chatting during the education section of AOTC . . . they're not mindless, just weak minded. :)

shawnkeena
06-06-2002, 02:53 PM
Does it seem that all the clone troopers will be converted to Stormtroopers? Will Lucas change the voices of Stormtroopers in his DVD versions of IV - VI and have them all sound like the Clone troopers do? I wouldn't put it past him.

Master Goeweins
06-06-2002, 02:57 PM
I think it all depends on whether you accept the EU stories as canon. In an issue of Star Wars Tales (which is always great) their is a story on a day in the life of a stormtrooper. He remembers how he was recruited off of his God forsaken planet and dreamed for adventure. The story ends with him being one of the many troopers that boards the captured Rebel's ship at the beginning of ANH.
That would mean, somewhere in between Ep. II and IV they begin to use more than just clones. I don't know if Lucas will go with that or not, but he has paid attention to other EU stories.

JediTricks
06-06-2002, 10:58 PM
I would think the clones are only the beginning, and the stormtroopers of ANH-ESB-ROTJ are mostly normal recruits (they are of different voices and heights and specialities) who have thinned out the need for Clones.

(BTW, my opinion about Lucas as a filmmaker treating the Clones differently doesn't change with that, Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers don't have to be EXACTLY the same to be similar enough to be used in the same manner by the same director... or not used in that same manner, as my opinion states.)

JediTricks
09-28-2002, 04:34 AM
Strangely, on the Clone Trooper picture on the bubble insert of the Ep 2 action figure, it appears to be a CGI trooper even though it's a lone close-up.

I had a hard time getting over... the fact that not ONE of them seemed to be real - they were ALL CGI.

(in response to LTBasker's statement: "JT, they were ALL CGI? In alot of those shots it really seemed like some of them were peeps in costume."
I did not see ONE shot of a real-world armored clone trooper and I don't think there are any. They had those same "perfect imperfections" textures that Yoda did.

(in response to pthfnder89's statements in post 36 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=87544#post87544))
Well, I obviously can't be 100% sure, and I bet it'll be easier to find out once the DVD comes out later this year, but I did notice that both Clone Trooper figures have CGI pictures of what they're portraying instead of real-world ones.

The official site today confirmed that NO clone troopers existed, they were ALL digital:

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20020927.html

Battle Droid
09-28-2002, 04:23 PM
So Bodie Taylor just did the voice for the Clone Trooper Captain?

JediTricks
09-28-2002, 05:43 PM
Taylor was also the actor/cgi-model for all the for the armorless-clones - Clone Troopers are the clones in the armor. http://www.starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/07/news20010713.html

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-30-2002, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
In one of the very early story treatments for ANH way back in '73 or '74, George had a scene where Chancellor Palpatine was addressing the massed troops on Coruscant. There were civillians gathered too. It was very like the propoganda rallies that Hitler did. It showed how Chancellor palpatine as he still was whipped up support and turned the whole thing into a witch hunt of 'bad influences' The rebellion was grumbling away in the background as a small faction just taking swipes and getting involved in freedom fighting skirmishes.
This was watched by a rebel spy who then rushed to report this to the rebels but was captured and or killed by stormtroopers.

However, If George is using some of his old ideas from the early drafts i these prequels as we know he is, I think it's highly likely in episode three to see something of this nature happen. We see him in episode two standing on a platform watching the troops amass and deploy on the staging platform so he obviously has a taste for shows of military might like the Russian dictators did.
A huge rally addressed by Palpatine would be very cool Thousands of troops wearing armour that looked somewhere between the clonetrooper and the stormtrooper. No head fin, still the eye slit but with the stormtrooper mouth piece. More flexible armour. The blastech blaster we all know instead of the huge rifle.

Throw in the rebel spy and segue to a meeting of the Jedi and Organa or something and it's still going to work. It'd show how the Empire grew and show the rebellion just beginning to see how powerful Palpatine is. Whether Palpatine declares himself Emperor would be dependent on when the rebels decided to call him that not when his troops and subjects have that name forced on them by Palpatine. The rebels would probably refuse to use the title Emperor to begin with until the name seeped through the parlance used by everybody in the galaxy.

palpatine declares himself emperor in ANH as stated by Grand Moff Tarkin

bigbarada
10-01-2002, 01:42 AM
What Tarkin actually said was:

The Imperial Senate will no longer be any concern to us. I have just recieved word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently. The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away.

So going by this, Palpatine had already declared himself Emperor before dissolving the Imperial Senate (note: not the Galactic Senate as mentioned in the prequels). I think he will declare himself Emperor in Ep3, for no other reason than it would just add so much more drama to the film. It will have all the impact of a limp handshake if it happens between the movies.

As for the Clonetroopers, I think they are waaay cooler than the Stormtroopers in the OT. They are actually competent and intimidating, that's something we never saw with Stormtroopers. And, like I mentioned before, I think the little fin on their heads is the coolest part of their design.

Dark Lord Kakorotto
10-02-2002, 12:12 AM
ah your memory serves you well

mini-rock
10-02-2002, 03:46 AM
THe Clonetroopers look like they could wipe the floor with the Stormtroopers. It really was amazing to see how an army of that size could be assembled, transported to another planet, and kick tail without any knowledge of the terrain or really what kind of opposition they were facing.

bigbarada
10-02-2002, 04:00 AM
I would compare the Clonetroopers to the US Army going into WW2 and Stormtroopers to the US Army a few years after WW2.

Going into the war, after Pearl Harbor, American soldiers were focused and ready to fight. After the war was won, the military became lazy and imcompetent. The very reason that Task Force Smith (the American troops sent to stop the North Koreans from invading South Korea in 1950) was defeated so easily and quickly. The American troops literally dropped their weapons and fled the battlefield in fear in one of the most humiliating slaughters of American soldiers of the 20th century. They were defeated by what they considered a primitive and ignorant race of people, and their failure was the catalyst behind the Korean War.