PDA

View Full Version : Who Would Like To See

roneyzf
03-18-2002, 07:49 PM
WHO WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE STAR WARS FIGURES MADE OUT OF THE SAME MOLDS THAT THE GI JOE'S ARE MADE FROM?

INSTEAD OF THE MOLDS THEY USE NOW.

Darth Ovori
03-18-2002, 08:04 PM
Can you please explain by what you mean... ???

fourtwo
03-18-2002, 08:07 PM
i think he means the GI joe style articulation.
i personally don't want to see that, they get loose really easy and look kinda odd. SW figs could stand for some more articulation, but i'm not too upset about it, the figs usually look great

roneyzf
03-18-2002, 08:56 PM
WHAT I MEAN THE GI JOE FIGURES CAN BEND THEIR KNEES, ELBOWS. YOU CAN POSE THEM IN SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS. WHERE MOST OF THE NEW STAR WARS FIGURE CAN ONLY STAND THE WAY HASBRO MADE THEM. LIKE THE NEW CLONE TROOPER CAN ONLY STAND LEANING BACK, POSE HIM ANY OTHER WAY AND HE FALLS DOWN. THATS WHY I'LD LIKE TO SEE THEM USE THE GI JOE MOLD.

IcebergSlim
03-18-2002, 10:09 PM
Have you seen the new G.I. Joe figures? They are absolutely horrid.

Rollo Tomassi
03-18-2002, 10:22 PM
And while they're at it, maybe they can throw those bigass sword sheaths that look like helicopter blades on the backs of StormShadow and SnakeEyes, on Jango Fett and Zam Wesell. Those things made me NOT want to buy the new Joe figures.

GeneralKenobi
03-19-2002, 12:20 AM
The Joes are crap...oh and there is a little button on the far right that says "Caps Lock"...just a suggestion.

187-Maul
03-19-2002, 07:12 AM
isn't it on the far left side ?

JEDIpartner
03-19-2002, 08:16 AM
The screen's right, apparently.

I'd love to see more articulation so we would all be spared the "I've got a case of the trots" poses. However... I really would prefer articulation in the style of, say, Zutton rather than the G.I. Joes.

InsaneJediGirl
03-19-2002, 09:28 AM
Articulation would be GREAT...but not G.I. Joe articulation.Its
too loose and not very streamlined.If Hasbro could make the
figures so they can go into neutral and "action" pose that would be great...just not with G.I. Joe molds.:rolleyes:

evenflow
03-19-2002, 10:12 AM
No. I always hated the way G.I. Joes looked.

Jayspawn
03-19-2002, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't want to see Star Wars figures with GI Joe articulation. They are over articulated, they're likeness is too basic, and with the Joe style bodies we would never get characters like Stormtroopers, Amanaman, Droids, point made.

pthfnder89
03-19-2002, 11:29 AM
The new GI Joes definitely don't look very good. They're bizarrely proportioned and most of the accessories don't look right with them at all.

Now I would love for the Star Wars figs to get more articulation, but not just like those. I would like something more along the lines of the Cantina Han or the CTC Stormtrooper. Those remain two of my favorite figures to this day, there has NEVER been a better figure of Han (although Bespin Escape Han was very good as well)

fourtwo
03-19-2002, 02:46 PM
a friend of mine keeps saying they should boost the scale up to spidey fig size and make em articulate like that. i personally would hate to see the scale change. it just wouldn;t be the same. neither would that much articulation.

Jargo
03-19-2002, 04:26 PM
I hate those larger figures with all the cuts in the limbs to get the articulation. Like three round the knee area or something. I'd just like CT stormtrooper and CT Han articulation on all the figures. Arms with ball joints and legs with knees and where applicable the CT stormtrooper neck joint so the heads can look up and down a bit. the bicep cut and where applicable wrist articulation. That combined with the standard star wars points of articulation would make for a splendid range of figures. But it's the cost of producing figures with lots of articulation that's prohibitive apparently so........ :stupid: Shyeah right! :rolleyes:

pthfnder89
03-20-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by fourtwo
a friend of mine keeps saying they should boost the scale up to spidey fig size and make em articulate like that. i personally would hate to see the scale change. it just wouldn;t be the same. neither would that much articulation.

Yeah, that's a bad idea. The reason it works so well for Spiderman is because he's *supposed* to be the most flexible guy in the world basically. I don't remember seeing anywhere that Duke could bend his legs behind his neck... ;):D