PDA

View Full Version : Death Star Plans (MERGED)

Co Jo-Da
03-18-2002, 09:10 PM
New rumors around the Death Star being mentioned in Episode II.

The plans are handed over by Poggle the Lesser to Count Dooku as the "ultimate weapon" which Dooku is taking to "his master" (who we know as Sidious) for safe keeping. Screens in the background of the scene show ye olde Death Star plans in all their glory.

This is starting to make sense: if Palpatine has this obsession with Death Stars in the OT, it's good that they're establishing his fixation now, in the prequels.

Jargo
03-18-2002, 09:32 PM
You just got this from TFN who have updated with extra 'information' stating that Dooku holds a holo projector like Qui-Gon had which holds - a holo projection of the death star plans.

This seems too convenient to me. Yet another plot point to add into the many plot points already overcrowding this movie if you follow all the 'spy reports'. This could well be true but I'm beginning to abandon all spoiler infested reports and rely only on what comes from official sources. I don't care who claims to have seen the movie before it opens, I refuse to believe them. This is just like a big ****ing contest now to see who can outspoil the other and outscoop the other. Pathetic and purile - facile and infantile. We are not amused........

chewie
03-18-2002, 10:08 PM
So now it wasn't an imperial engineer who made the Death Star, but a cgi alien?

Jedi Clint
03-18-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
You just got this from TFN who have updated with extra 'information' stating that Dooku holds a holo projector like Qui-Gon had which holds - a holo projection of the death star plans.

This seems too convenient to me. Yet another plot point to add into the many plot points already overcrowding this movie if you follow all the 'spy reports'. This could well be true but I'm beginning to abandon all spoiler infested reports and rely only on what comes from official sources. I don't care who claims to have seen the movie before it opens, I refuse to believe them. This is just like a big ****ing contest now to see who can outspoil the other and outscoop the other. Pathetic and purile - facile and infantile. We are not amused........

I take it you are really anxious to see this film. ;)

Lord Tenebrous
03-18-2002, 10:41 PM
So Geonosis is like the Home Shopping Network of Star Wars. I wonder if they'll have a blueprint for a never-before-seen item in the saga - a shower.

LTBasker
03-19-2002, 05:08 AM
Personally I'm very skeptical about the whole thing, it just doesn't sound quite right...

pthfnder89
03-19-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO

I also have been trying to keep away from most of the recent spoilers. I didn't mind them a few months ago, but recently everyone seems intent on revealing every scrap of info about the movie. Granted some people want to know everything, but considering how many of these reports turn out to be totally wrong, its obvious that a lot of these spoilers are just made up by other fans.

I just really want to see the movie for myself.

BanthaPoodoo
04-28-2002, 01:15 PM
"I'm going to Coruscant," Dooku announced. "My Master will not let the Republic get away with this treachary."
Poggle The Lesser rushed across the room to a console & punched in some codes, bringing up a holographic schematic of a planet-sized weapon. With a few keystrokes, he downloaded the schematic onto a cartridge and pulled it from the drive, turning to Dooku. "The Jedi must not find our designs," the Archduke insisted. "If they have any idea of what we are planning to create, we are doomed."
Dooku took the cartridge. "I will take the designs with me," he agreed. "The plans will be much safer with my Master."
With a curt bow, the Count swept from the room.

I read that & liked to have hit the floor! It is going to be cool to see this in the movie! Maybe then in SWIII it will be in the building stage like in the SWVI!!! This movie is gonna rock something fierce!!!

Pendo
04-28-2002, 01:17 PM
I heard this on TF.N a while back but never really believed it, I was just waiting for confirmation, but now it looks like it is true!!!:D:D:D I really cannot wait to see this!

PENDO!

Taichi
04-28-2002, 02:15 PM
God I love the way the Prequels are debunking the EU.....

further cementing in my mind that Boba Fett is dead......

DeadEye
04-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Where did you read it? In the novel?

jawaboy
04-28-2002, 03:52 PM
He didn't do that good job of keeping it hidden since Leia seems to have gotten hold of it. The plot thickens...

Jargo
04-28-2002, 04:15 PM
Well by the time leia got into the rebellion Dooku was probably well and truly wormfood. he must be dead by the end of 3 surely?
It's the spies who get it to Leia so they must have infiltrated the Empire as recruits and stolen it from the databanks of the shipyard that built the thing. So really it's Anakin/Vader's fault as chief of security for the Emperor. Anakin/vader must surely be in charge of the plans and oversee the building of the first death star. So Anakin/Vader takes the plans to the shipyard and says "Use this holoprojection to build the big hamster ball and don't let it out of your sight" and the shipbuilders go "okay..." but they're working for the rebellion and transmit it to Leia who's parked up round the corner in her diplomatic winnebago. Anakin/vader sees the transmission at security HQ and goes nuts, hops in his star destroyer artic rig and gives chase across the galaxy which leads us to the point we came in at at the start of ANH. :)

BanthaPoodoo
04-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Yeah, I read it in the SWEII novel by R.A. Salvatore......

(finished it this morning & didnt think much about it until I said, wait a minute! I went back & reread it & was like HEY!!!!! a planet-sized weapon could only be one thing!!!!)

Bosskman
04-28-2002, 05:25 PM
It sure was in the novel. It makes a lot of sense to me, I'm glad it is in the movie.

PS, Jargo, just a piece of UFI for ya:

There is no historical evidence supporting Queen Victoria's utterance of that phrase. It is something that arose in the media during hers days as a recluse. Along the same lines as Marie Antoinette's "Let them eat cake" bit.

Jargo
04-28-2002, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I know that. Sheesh! dude - like, EVERYBODY knows that........ :p

I'm kinda disappointed. I was hoping the federation droid control ship hamster balls were the start of the DS. They look like a DS to me and they have the same docking bays and lateral equator trench with cannon emplacements in them. So they come up with a completely different spherical weapon of ultimate destruction then and totally ignore the fact that they already have the starts of it in the federation droid control ships that just happen to be spherical too? Oh, okay then....... :dead:

jawaboy
04-28-2002, 09:00 PM
Well, maybe the Geonosians designed those hamster balls too, or that they used it as a basis for design. After all, they are all in cahoots with one another.

Maybe the smuggled Death Star plans came from Geonosis since EU doesn't exist anymore. Puts it all into a different perspective if you think of the Tantive IV escaping from Geonosis. I'm sure the plans get back there for "tech support" after the fall of the Republic.

Jargo
04-28-2002, 09:42 PM
You mean - the EU is - dead? HURRRAH!!!!!!! :D

*sings*
Ding dong the EU's dead, Which EU? the wicked EU. Ding dong the wicked EU is dead...... :crazed:

I don't think we'll see Geonosis again after epII. I don't think there'll be much left after the big battle. And it's a safe bet that Dooku hands the plans to Palpatine. So the spies must be pretty close to Palpatine - like, in the royal guard. Or they work at the shipyard that builds the space station. They'd have to be high up to get access to the plans of the whole thing. people lower down the chain of command wouldn't see the whole thing they'd just be working on small sections at a time. Only the important would know what they were building and what it was to be used for. Ergo, the spies in the rebellion are Imperial officers.

Something that bothers me about all this though comes back to vader saying something along the lines of "She won't get away with it again" or whatever it is he says on the Tantive IV. Like he's had run ins with Leia before concerning important plans stolen from the Empire. So will that be explained in the prologue for ANH super-special-tweaked-yet-again-edition? Cuz otherwise it sounds really weird.

jawaboy
04-28-2002, 10:21 PM
That's because JarJar takes copies of tha plans and hides them in Otoh Gunga between III and IV. Then he beams them up to Leia but forgets to encrypt them and Vader reads the emails. Jargo, I bet you ten bucks (or whatever the current exchange rate happens to be) that this is what REALLY is going to end up happening!

jawaboy
04-28-2002, 10:27 PM
Actually, the more I think about what I just wrote, the more it makes sense. When Padme's ship broke down the closest place to go was Tatooine. And when Tantive IV gets attacked it's at Tatooine. Where was it coming from? Naboo obviously! And that line that Vader says obviously refers to something that will happen in Ep. III where Padme, Yoda, Obi and Jar Jar sneak out copies of the plans and hide them until the time is right. This is how Jar Jar, after screwing up and giving full power to Palpy, redeems himself. I will raise that bet to 20!

Eternal Padawan
04-29-2002, 10:14 AM
"There'll be no one to help her, this time."

They've probably suspected Leia of being a rebel sympathizer for awhile but had nothing on her. If he catches her with the plans now, shes toast.

jawaboy
04-29-2002, 11:07 AM
JarJar was helping her and Vader turned him into "Orange Goo"

Fixer
04-29-2002, 01:30 PM
The roll-up to E4 says that the plans were obtained by the Rebellion after their first victory over the Empire. We don't know if the Tantive IV took part in that engagement, or if the plans were handed off to it. I'd guess the latter, because Vader accuses Captain Antillies and Leia of intercepting transmissions.

Vader says "You weren't on any mercy mission this time..." Sounds like Leia has been discovered in off-limits sectors before, but was always able to skate out of it by claiming that she was on some sort of diplomatic/mercy mission. This time she was a little too bold, and was caught receiving transmissions from Rebel ships that were in/had been in a battle with Imperial forces.

Pendo
04-29-2002, 02:08 PM
Poggle The Lesser rushed across the room to a console & punched in some codes, bringing up a holographic schematic of a planet-sized weapon.

Holographic? Oh man is that gonna look cool, but won't it make the plans in Episode IV look like a 70's style computer game...oh, wait....70--77?:crazed:

Oh well, something for George to do in the Archival Editions.

PENDO!

Jargo
04-29-2002, 02:59 PM
So Leia evaded vader by claiming to be on some mercy mission saving orphaned children after the Empire had ravaged a planet. however, being that far out in the galaxy with no-ne sympathetic or brave enough around to help, Vader has struck gold. he can dispose of the ship and no-one will even know where it was when it disappeared. Meanwhile he takes the bra-less leia back to the hamster ball and Tarkin makes her suffer because he can't roll his R's. And instead twists consonent into a weird W/V sound that is just on the brink of being insanely irritating. Like an itch Leia can't scratch. However Tarkin in a surprise move sends Leia to the cells to be interrogated by a mini hamster ball. Possibly the hamsters were relly ticked off because they never quite sorted the tip balance ratio thing so their ball wobbled slightly all the time while floating......

Sorry, going off on one while waiting for a competition on the radio to win a trip to Tunisia to see the locations. Not that I'd go. That's far too touristy for me. And besides, it's hot, dry and desolate. Much more comfortable here at home. :)

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, the hologram DS plans. I think after the effects achieved in the prequels, Elvis Lucas has got a lot of work to do to get the two trilogies to match and mesh. The hologram images are easily sorted but the actual film stock quality isn't. The OT has a grainy feel to it which is just not present in the prequels. In a sense, I'd rather give Elvis a few years to do the whole thing properly. Ricky said recently that they'd already done a few months work on the AOTC DVD and that's from fresh footage which is already digitised. The archival editions will take a heck of a lot longer if the proper justice is to be done. But getting back to the point, the DS hologram in ANH is so bad they simply have to fix it if they don't touch anything else at all.

chewie
04-29-2002, 03:31 PM
You know Jargo. I'm not so sure that even giving Lucas ideas about solving the film grain look will be a good idea. I'd think he'd be more inclined to throw the entire OT into some computer to smooth out the old film to closer match the new stuff rather than add some film grain quality to the prequel material.

BanthaPoodoo
05-15-2002, 12:17 PM
Here is an image for your enjoyment. The first is a blow up of the DS that Poggle is turning off on a computer, the second is the plans he gives to Dooku, which Dooku takes to Sidious.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
"There'll be no one to help her, this time."

I thought the line was "There'll be no one to stop us this time." Maybe I'm wrong.

bigbarada
05-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Great picture BanthaPoodoo, so I guess that settles it then.

pthfnder89
05-15-2002, 03:39 PM
See, this is the kind of cool thing George Lucas can do to link the Trilogies together. It's linear and it makes perfect sense and it gives us viewers littles fanboyish tingles of excitement! Having Anakin create C3PO does NOT do have the same effect...

BanthaPoodoo
05-15-2002, 03:47 PM
Having Anakin create C3PO does NOT do have the same effect

And I cringe everytime I here C-3P0 say that Tatooine is the most awful place, & not know who Obi is. I just dont get it, & probably never will................

Beast
05-15-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Having Anakin create C3PO does NOT do have the same effect...
Of course you are only saying that, because you know about the C-3PO charecter from EIV, EV, and EVI. If you had no knowledge of those stories, and start from the point of C-3PO's creation by Anakin, it doesn't seem as bad. You just have to think outside the box. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CooLJoE
05-16-2002, 03:56 AM
But I see his point about C3PO.

EP1 - C3PO never meets Obi but R2 does, so Obi knows R2 and vice versa

EP2 - C3PO meets Obi because he stays with R2 and R2 basically introduces them.

EP3 - Unknown, but since both R2 and C3PO know Obi and vice versa, this should have no effect on the point.

EP4 - C3PO has no clue who Obi is but R2 says Obi is his owner. Obi has no clue about either (or maybe its just a line he gives out to cover his tracks).

EP5 - I believe at some point in cloud city, Vader sees C3PO but says nothing to conclude that he knows him. Doesn't mean much, but kinda odd. Same for R2.

See the problem though? C3PO seems to have a memory loss at some point. My friend just says that Luke or the Jawas probably erased his memories and reprogrammed him, but then how would you explain him knowing R2 so well, and R2 still knowing who Obi is and keeping the message. Plus Luke never got too far with either of them during his cleaning duties.

Its nothing big too me, but is a small tidbit that doesn't fit. Kinda like how Obi keeps saying that Yoda trained him (during EP4-6), yet we all know Qui Gon did the training. Something to be fixed by Lucas I guess.

Beast
05-16-2002, 04:08 AM
C-3PO could have also self deleted or put a memory cap on those memories, as they were to painful for him to deal with. Think of it, your sweet caring creator, and his mother, both having such trageties occuring to him. In the E2 book, C-3PO makes mention that he knows emotions, so it's likely grief could cause him to not want to recall the events of E1-E2-E3.

Or of course he could have been selectivly memory wiped, or had a block put on his memories, to protect the location of Padme and the Skywalker twins. As for R2-D2, he knows more then all of them about what's going on. He's just not a blabber mouth, like C-3PO is. Kinda helps that all he can do is beep and whistle, as well. :D

As for the whole, Yoda trained Obi-Wan thing. He did train him. Yoda trains all the younglings, until they are of age to be taken by a Master Jedi as a Padawan Learner. So while Qui-Gon trained Obi-Wan, so did Yoda from his early years, until Qui-Gon took him under his wing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-16-2002, 04:46 AM
About Threepio and Anakin in Episode III, maybe we won't see Threepio (seriously, no pun intended there) in gold until after Anakin turns? Then there's no recognition by Vader.
Just a guess . . .

Oh yeah, Death Star Plans - how silly would it have been for a clonetrooper to run in at the end after Dooku leaves and say, "the death star plans are NOT in the main computer." :rolleyes:
:D

Jedi Clint
05-16-2002, 05:05 AM
EP2 - C3PO meets Obi because he stays with R2 and R2 basically introduces them.

Never happened.

Beast
05-16-2002, 05:09 AM
Jedi Clint is correct, as of the end of Episode II...Obi-Wan and C-3PO still have not ever met. And they most likely never will until Episode IV. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-16-2002, 05:12 AM
Threepio hears from R2 about the message, so he knows the name of Kenobi.

Jedi Clint
05-16-2002, 05:20 AM
I stand corrected. He did watch the holo.

Beast
05-16-2002, 05:23 AM
Only half corrected, cause they still never meet in person. Which would explain why Obi-Wan seems to know R2-D2, but has no clue who C-3PO is. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Croaker
05-16-2002, 09:22 AM
As for Vader recognizing 3p0 - he does stop Boba from shooting Chewie who has 3p0 on his back in the carbon freezing chamber. He had no reason to care about chewie. Han was being frozen and Leia is good enough bait - Luke was already on his way.

Looks like he still has a soft spot for that ole' droid anyway!

Toad
05-16-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Croaker
As for Vader recognizing 3p0 - he does stop Boba from shooting Chewie who has 3p0 on his back in the carbon freezing chamber. He had no reason to care about chewie. Han was being frozen and Leia is good enough bait - Luke was already on his way.

I agree it's fun to think along these lines, but there had to have been another reason for Vader to do that.....otherwise, it's all too simple and convenient.

But who cares about 3P0 -- isn't it R2 that says ObiWan was his owner?

Dave_Cameron
05-16-2002, 10:34 AM
People seem to keep forgetting that they aren't supposed to know what happens next. I guess, in a way, it was bad that the original films were made first.

In response to the query "isn't it R2 that says Obi-Wan was his owner"- I don't think he ever said that. I think it was just Threepio's interpretation of what Artoo was saying.

pthfnder89
05-16-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Of course you are only saying that, because you know about the C-3PO charecter from EIV, EV, and EVI. If you had no knowledge of those stories, and start from the point of C-3PO's creation by Anakin, it doesn't seem as bad. You just have to think outside the box. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Not really. Don't get me wrong, your point is valid in a lot of instances. But as far as Threepio goes, I still think his origin could have been less coincidental.

I don't have any real problems with C3PO and R2s selective memory in the OT. Droids routinely have their memory wiped so It just seems like that is a natural conclusion. for what happens to these two.

And there's no real reason why Vader would recognize C3PO. I mean, if you owned a Blue VW Bug, and then 30 years from now you saw a Blue VW bug driving down the street, would you somehow know that that was the one you owned that long ago?

I think this is corroborated by the fact that Owen doesn't recognize Threepio, even by name when he buys him from the Jawas. In Ep2, Threepio belongs to Kliegg Lars so Owen had spent several years around him when he came over with Shmi. But there are tons of practically identical protical droids in the galaxy so it's not unlikely that Owen wouldn't recognize him decades later.

CooLJoE
05-16-2002, 10:21 PM
Well, the other droids like C3PO don't exactly have the same annoying voice and character. So Owen should have still recognized them. Also, C3PO does speak a couple times during the carbon chamber scene and Vader would have recognized him. Maybe Vader just doesn't wish to deal with him or remember him anymore.

I just think its a small oversight that happened from doing the pre-quels so many years later. No biggy.

Jason B
05-17-2002, 06:51 AM
I think it was an awesome touch to throw the Death Star plans in. i knew they would be in there, because of Malakite's thread. it still was a suprise though. :)
what do you think about it?

JEDIpartner
05-17-2002, 09:22 AM
Now that I've seen the film I thought it was great. I was a little worried when I heard the "rumour" as I thought... "hmmm MORE nods to the original trilogy". Again... I pulled myself out of what I already know ("Unlearn what you have learned") and it was just a flash of an image that we have little information on. At this point we do not know of it's significance to the story to come... at least that's the way it SHOULD have been! :D

QLD
05-17-2002, 09:33 AM
I thought it was neat-o keen!

snakeplkn
05-17-2002, 02:04 PM
The whole inclusion of the Death Star was a big letdown for me. It ranks up with Anakin creating C-3PO. It takes 20 years to go from design to actual finish only for the Death Star II to be built in less than 5 years?

Of all the people, how could Poggle the Lesser and company come up with the idea? Their battle droids are useless, having lost two major battles now on film. Yet they are able to design a space station that can be blow up an entire planet?

As for the actual construction, the whole notion that Darth Sidious couldn't begin until much later wouldn't hold water since Count Dooku could easily ask any of the Separtist systems to build it (and the systems probably would want too). Wouldn't Sidious and Dooku want the Death Star constructed ASAP so they could begin controlling the universe sooner?

The greatest flaw ... at least 20 years to come up with the idea, and no one ever noticed that an exhaust port led to the main reactor? What ever happened to quality control?!?

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

Battle Droid
05-17-2002, 02:22 PM
Of all the people, how could Poggle the Lesser and company come up with the idea? Their battle droids are useless, having lost two major battles now on film. Yet they are able to design a space station that can be blow up an entire planet?

They probably had help from the Techno Union.

QLD
05-17-2002, 02:29 PM
Well, look at it this way. What if they just came up with the idea. They are still trying to gather money....contracters....clones....builders. It takes a long time to go from idea to actually building something, especially on that kind of scale. Hell, it takes Lucas 3 years just to pump out a Star Wars movie. I mean, with the death star being the size of a moon.....that is a tremendous task to undertake. 20 years sounds about right to me.

greedo
05-17-2002, 02:50 PM
They didn't say there were building it right now, they said that they were planning to build it, it was in the planning stages still...they may not start for another 10 years, since Dooku took the plans, maybe someone else does build it....f

Plus the federation ships were huge sphears too.

artdoesart
05-17-2002, 03:23 PM
snakeplkn,

remember... no one said they started development immediately after getting the designs (dooku to palpatine). who says they started construction, it is more than possible that they keep the plans and build it once the unveil who they really are (senator palpatine, etc)...

also even if it took 15+ years to build it is plausible even in todays inferior technology to build a duplicate in 5+ years because the original always takes the longest, once the mold has been created and all the design flaws discovered building a #2 shoudln't be a problem. think about it.. besides u are grossly exageratting since in ep6 the death star was only 1/2 operational.. so it may have taken another 5 years to complete.. making it 10 years to complete which is doable..

in any case all this is make believe so why bother... but we all must agree its a kick *** idea...

as for "hating" on "Poggle the Lesser and company's" ability to create this death star compared to that of the battle droids.. remember this some people are better at making something than others. you can't expect one guy or race of people to be superior in everything... take for instance when looking at the X-box (gaming console) without knowing it was developed my BILLY GATES would u think that their OS would be GOD's gift to the computer world? no... but they are... so just keep this in mind. and don't think about it too much enjoy the film!!!!

scruffziller
05-22-2002, 05:59 PM
Anyone think so. I think it was just at the right time, but I have been talking to people in my circle that think it was too early.

Rogue II
05-22-2002, 06:10 PM
Well, assuming the Death Star was in still in its design phase, it would take quite a while to finish designing it and to begin constructing. There is a lot of materials to gather. So, if Episode II takes place 24 years or so before ANH....it sounds about right to me. And not to mention it was part of the plot to the movie.

chris
05-22-2002, 06:10 PM
either way, it was cool seeing the original death star plans. Plus, just because its been designed doesn't mean construction would begin right away.

MikeAndTheBots
05-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Besides, imagine how long the construction on a space station the size of a small moon would take! I'm guessing that Sidious tells allies on a distant planet with the right equipment to start production soon after he gets it from Dooku. So I would imagine it could tkae 20 years to build.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-22-2002, 07:56 PM
I agree that it was a good time to intro the DS. Who knows (well, I guess GLu does) if it'll be revealed in EP3, but it doesn't necessarily need another mention until EP4. It's another cool secret in the series like Yoda's revelation in ESB about there being another hope besides Luke or this Jedi who ordered the clone army be made for the Republic.

scruffziller
05-22-2002, 08:01 PM
I heard it only took 5 years to build.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-22-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I heard it only took 5 years to build.

5 years to build, but I'm sure the contractors billed Palpy for 10. :)

Rogue II
05-23-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Dave_Cameron
People seem to keep forgetting that they aren't supposed to know what happens next. I guess, in a way, it was bad that the original films were made first.

In response to the query "isn't it R2 that says Obi-Wan was his owner"- I don't think he ever said that. I think it was just Threepio's interpretation of what Artoo was saying.

Even if R2 does say that Obi-Wan owns him, it could be like in ROTJ. Luke told R2 that he belongs to Jabba. I think Leia told R2 that he belongs to ol' Ben and gave him the message.

I thought it was funny looking back at the films now. When we first see 3PO in ATOC, he is working on the Lars Moisture farm. Fast foward to ANH, Owen is checking out the Jawa's droids and 3Po tells him his previous job was working on moisture evaporators much like the ones they have there. So, he remembered working on the moisture evaporators, but didn't remember either the farm or Owen. Granted, 3PO also didn't know which planet he was on.

Jedi Clint
05-23-2002, 02:17 PM
He said "binary load lifters" if memory serves me.

Rogue II
05-23-2002, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah, my bad.

snakeplkn
05-23-2002, 05:49 PM
Even if one concedes that it could take 20 years to build the first Death Star, it also takes 20 years for word of it to finally be leaked out beyond the Imperial military? When Poggle the Lesser shows Count Dooku the Death Star Plans, plenty of Geonosians were around, not to mention any other member of Dooku's cabal. Unless everyone single alien/person in the war room was exterminated within minutes, someone would talk for Republic amnesty.

Snake Plissken
"Call me Snake"

Magnolia-Fan
05-23-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Oh yeah, my bad.

But, they were "very similar to your vaporators, in most respects." :D

Rogue II
05-23-2002, 08:22 PM
The construction could have been kept fairly quiet. Most of the laborers had to be droids. Imperial cargo ships could have transported the materials. And to keep anyone from seeing it, they could have built it in deep space, away from traffic if you will.

OriginalBryGuy
05-28-2002, 05:04 PM
Hogwash! Hogwash I say!

I mean, here you have a race of fly people and they are supposedly the designers and future builders of the DeathStar? Whateva! Don't the books 'Expanded Universe' tell a different story? I know, like it matters in Lucasworld, but just asking...

And how come it takes 20 years to build the first one when a second only took 6? Damn you Lucas!:mad:

darthvyn
05-29-2002, 05:13 PM
just because they had the plans, doesn't mean they designed it.

just because we don't know about the second death star in ESB doesn't mean it isn't half finished by then... any collector will tell you, buy two... one to play with, and one to make a lot of money with... (or blow up a lot of planets with.)

hell, the first one could have been a diversion for the alliance to go after, while the bigger, better, and, um, bigger second one was the real deal.