PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro UK are taking the ****!

Jargo
03-18-2002, 09:17 PM
I just found this report at The Private Universe (http://books.dreambook.com/pu/probenews.html).....

SW AotC preview wave UK shipment allocated.
MaTTriX [Sub Editor] Monday, March 18th 2002 - 09:19:09 PM

Last month DIAMOND COMICS had orders of the AotC Preview wave cancelled by Hasbro UK. I enquired to Diamond and to Hasbro UK but no news from either source until today in todays update I get this news...

Star Wars Attack Of The Clones Previews Figures: Hasbro UK will now be supplying the following previously cancelled figures. However only a limited quantity has been made available to the UK and Diamond will not be receive total quantities ordered. We will have to allocate to approximately 65% of initial orders.

The figures that have been reinstated are

SWAC Preview Figure Jango Fett
SWAC Preview Figure Trooper
SWAC Preview Figure Droid
SWAC Preview Figure Zam Wessel

Better than nothing I spose, but I expect this allocation is not just to Diamond accounts, most probably across the board to all UK retail outlets? We will know soon enough when they arrive in the next week or so if there are enough to supply the demand.

Hasbro UK are really starting to make my blood boil. They cancelled the orders and then only ship enough to satisfy half the country. Talk about shooting the UK in the face! Jeez that makes me so angry.

No doubt we can expect the same crappy attitude with the main release of the figures. Thanks for nothing Hasbro you utter, utter bastards! :mad: :frus: :Pirate:

And I'm not angry for myself, I already have the preview figures i want. I'm seething with anger that all the other UK citizens who haven't got theirs yet will be denied a chance if scalpers close in like I suspect they will now that there's a shortage in supply. I'm frankly totally disgusted to the point of puking. What a vile company hasbro are.

LTBasker
03-19-2002, 04:44 AM
.....And of course scalpers will know this so they'll be picking up more to sell on-line while collectors could pick up extras and trade to people in the UK.

gibbspaulus
03-19-2002, 08:26 AM
Well Done Jargo for sounding off! I remember around Ep 1 time the UK HAsbro guy saying how the Uk had a busy, core market. How they were forging links for UK collectors with their deal with Basbro ... all utter bollocks.

Having been to JediCon in Basildon and other such events its clear that tere is a market in Britain GAGGing for these toys. Are they stupid at Hasbro, or just pig headed. Do they feel SW is beneath them over here?

Wankers - all of 'em And then they'll want us to pay out 50% more than the americans to get what little stocks they release!!!!

Dryanta
03-19-2002, 09:39 AM
This will by no means solve the Hasbro problem over there but I will be willing to get what my wallet will take and send any of the toys that you want or you need.At cost no B.S. plus reall cost shipping.
I can't garrantee anything but I'm willing to do what I can for you all.It's not a sollution to the overall problem but hopefully it'll help.
Anyone else willing to take the time to do this on regular basis?
Could some of us get together and buy direct from Hasbro here and get the stuff to these collectors?
Seems as though we should help if we can

gibbspaulus
03-19-2002, 10:51 AM
Not sure how well that would work, allowing fior shipping ..etc. but it's really treat to see someone trying to come up with solutions that actually help people.

Thank you

Dryanta
03-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Well I'm not rich,but I'd be willing to do what ever I can.
I ordered an Eeopie from the U.K. and if memory serves me right the shipping wasn't to bad.May need to send larger shippments further apart to keep costs down.
I also go down to New Jersey a few times a year to visit the inlaws so alot of the exclusives(FAO) I've been able to get.
Just a thought.Anyone else willing to help?

Lman316
03-19-2002, 12:51 PM
Yeah, count me in too, Dryanta. I'd be more than willing to help, IF I could actually find anything myself. But sometimes I get lucky finding stuff, so if I do, I'd be glad to help.
For shipping, someone would just need to go to the post office and get a package weighed. That way you get the best possible price for overseas shipping - at least that's how I do it when I ship overseas.

Dryanta
03-20-2002, 02:22 PM
I bought two sets of the Bo Shek wave today.If any of you folks over there need them let me know.I'll send a copy of the reciept from walmart.$6.44 each plus 5% sales tax.That is the catch.$20.28 for three figures plus shipping.I haven't been to the post office yet to see how much that would be.It's alot I know but If any of you need them let me know.Oh yeah so this doesn't get moved Hasbro UK sucks!!

Darth Evil
03-20-2002, 02:30 PM
Hasbro UK are laughable, I'll never find the Preview figures at decent prices. They really have spat in everyone's face.

Jedi Drew
03-20-2002, 02:50 PM
Hey, if I can find anymore of the Preview Figures I'll help you guy's and girl's over across the pond. I'll try to keep you posted.. :)

odb
03-20-2002, 02:58 PM
Oh surprise, surprise, surprise.

Hasbro UK are selling us short on figures. It comes as no surprise to me. I don't think I have ever seen some of the more rarer figures in the shops round my way. We get all the BS about them caring about their customers then get shafted with stuff not being supplied. As gibbspaulus said you go to any colectors fair and there's loads of scalpers and traders trying to flog Star Wars stuff (normally at extortionate prices), so there's defintiely a market for it.

My only suggestion is to wait till the hype dies down and the scalpers are practically giving them away (makes a change for us to screw them). Either that are bring them into the UK by surface mail, that way you've good chance of avoiding all of custom's charges.

PS Hasbro you might want to change your customers services number to 0800 BITE ME

JonoFett
03-20-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Darth Evil
Hasbro UK are laughable, I'll never find the Preview figures at decent prices. They really have spat in everyone's face. Check out: www.thetoyshop.com where all 4 are priced at 6.00 each with a flat rate shipping charge of 3.50. :) They are even cheaper than the major chain supermarkets here in the UK, and they have just constructed a section just for Episode II merchandise. Check it out, they look to be the cheapest source in the UK.:)

Dryanta
03-20-2002, 03:03 PM
Thanks jedi drew.I was beginning to wonder if any else would step up.I too will be checking for preview figures in the next couple of days.As i said before I'll do what my wallet will stand.So if no ones want the figs I got today I'll take them back and use the money on the next figs.

Jedi Drew
03-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Well, If I find anything I'll pick it up, since you guy's and girl's over there are getting screwed over w/ the figs. At least you are still with us on this war on terrorism-thanks...:) :) :) :)

Dryanta
03-21-2002, 09:05 PM
Last call on the Bo shek wave.If no one over there needs them they're going back to the store Tomorrow.I'll see about the Preview Figs next.If there are no posts in the Morning iIll take them back.Oh yeah,Hasbro U.K. still sucks