PDA

View Full Version : Zam's First Kill

Co Jo-Da
03-19-2002, 04:19 PM
OK, I know this boils down to EU but it does cross over into Episode II, if it's true...

As you'll know by now, Zam Wesell is a shape-shifter. As she dies, ILM have done a wonderful job of applying special effects to her face. She turns green and appears to dehydrate, with the end result looking something like a Duros.
A bit frightening for younger viewers, perhaps...

Also, in the up-coming Zam comic (set pre-Clones), she assassinates Yareal Poof, explaining his absence from the Jedi Council...

Just sharing the knowledge...

Jargo
03-19-2002, 04:22 PM
How could they do that to the only Poof in star wars....?!!!!! :eek:

Stupid EU :mad: :crazed:

JonoFett
03-19-2002, 04:27 PM
That's one way to get out of doing him CG. What's LFL's reason for ditching Yaddle, aside from the obvious unwillingness to spend time doing another small, green, pointy-eared character in CG.:D Maybe, Zam killed her too.:D ;) Lame excuses:rolleyes:

This appears to be the latest trend: if you can't think up a character, then poach it from a comic; if you can't wait to consign a character to the scrap heap from the canons, just kill'em off in a comic.:rolleyes:

Jargo
03-19-2002, 04:48 PM
I seem to recall hearing that Yaddle would be seen in the background of the Jedi library studying away. She just appears to be sitting there looking at a viewscreen or something.

Course we don't know either way for certain unless you're Mr. harry Knowles of course.... :rolleyes:

Beast
03-19-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I seem to recall hearing that Yaddle would be seen in the background of the Jedi library studying away. She just appears to be sitting there looking at a viewscreen or something.
Yaddle was listed on the Theforce.net, as being in Episode II. So I wouldn't worry about her not being in it. But she could always be dropped at the last minute to be killed off in the comics. If she is still alive, it appears she is no longer on the council, as she was probably one of the rotating members. Shaak-Ti appears to have taken her place. Here is a pic of the current council members from E2, you can also see a better side shot of the guy who's in Poof's old seat.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
03-19-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
How could they do that to the only Poof in star wars....?!!!!! :eek:

I'm sure we can find a few more if we calibrate our instruments a little better... ;)

Battle Droid
03-19-2002, 09:38 PM
Nooooo, he's my fav. Jedi Council Member. I really wanted to see him kicking some butt in Ep2. :cry:

I'll laugh when Zam dies.:evil:

They should really make an Poof action figure now!

Wolfwood319
03-19-2002, 09:42 PM
Was he the guy with the long neck, kind of white-ish? He was cool.

Lord Tenebrous
03-19-2002, 09:43 PM
I'm sure we can find a few more

There's a Kaminoan in Dexter's Diner by the name of Die Sing, so there has to be a Rojhor Poof or a Eoreia Poof or a Moofy Poof somewhere in the galaxy... :p

And while we're at it, we'll look for a Dunn Jinn, a Rak Koon, and a Koo-Kee Tiin. :D

Sorry, I'm dealing with loss with humor. :(

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-19-2002, 10:19 PM
I will the miss the Q-tip head Yareal Poof. I really did want him to be an action figure. In fact when I saw EPI and saw him and I immediately thought "Hasbro will make that thing for sure!!!"

Nope.

So sad. Then again I thought for sure they'd make a Sith Infiltrator as much as they cranked out the Mauls.

Nope.

Sigh...

PloKoon2385
03-19-2002, 10:22 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! This is impossible! Now we'll NEVER see Yarael Poof the action figure.... This sucks. Now I don't like Zam anymore. Yarael went poof? :rolleyes: That is horrible. Well, now Hasbro should make a Yarael Poof to honor him. As a tribute. I agree that the Sith Infiltrator should have been made YEARS ago! Come on Hasbro, get your act together. You've started to, now finish the job!

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 12:06 AM
What!?!? Crackers like Even Piell (who slipped on his/her own lightsaber) and Oppo Rancicis (who doubles as the janitor's mophead) live and the honorable Yareal Poof gets dusted? Where's the justice? That's why I don't read comics...

And yes to a Sith Infiltrator. Geez Hasbro, the darn thing was designed to be a toy. Get with it already!

2-1B
03-20-2002, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
There's a Kaminoan in Dexter's Diner by the name of Die Sing, so there has to be a Rojhor Poof or a Eoreia Poof or a Moofy Poof somewhere in the galaxy... :p

Die Sing ? Are you serious? How will the Aurra Sing fans handle this? :D

Regarding JEDIpartnr's claim that you "could find a few more", I don't think he means it literally. I'm not 100% certain, but I think it's innuendo for . . . . something . . . or not . . . :confused:

LTBasker
03-20-2002, 02:44 AM
Man I wanted Yareal Poof in E2, granted GL doesn't abide by EU, and could still put Yareal in it, I doubt it'll happen. It would've so awesome to see Yareal on Geonosia and having only one lightsaber then as the battle rages on him finally revealing his other 2 arms (he's a taller version of Gasgano's species) and then him fighting with 3 other lightsabers from fallen Jedi. :eek: :cool:

Bosskman
03-20-2002, 11:08 AM
Just because Poof dies in a comic doesn't mean he won't get made as a figure. How much on-screen action did we see Amanaman, Tessek, Momaw Nadon or Graxol Kelvyn do? They're all action figures are they not? Poof had as much or more screen-time than these guys and trice that of whora stink. He WILL be made in to an action figure, it's only a question of when. He was 2nd in the figure poll!!!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
03-20-2002, 11:24 AM
NO!It cant be *Gives Yarael Poof CPR*

Seriously.I hope GL puts him in..I dont think he keeps up with
the EU series.It would have been awesome,if Yarael fought
in the Arena like LTBasker mentioned.

I hope we get a figure out of this tragic event:evil: :dead:

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 01:51 PM
No, no, no! You've got it all wrong! Clearly, the Quermian mastermind, Yareal Poof, cleverly "fakes" his own death in order to find out what this Zam Wesell character is all about. He's got two brains (one in his tummy) and can play mind tricks with the best of them. In fact, Poof is alive and well even through the OT, but chooses not to get involved because he's settled down with a nice Interior Decorator from Correllia, and they've little Gasgano sized Quermians running around. They think dad's a plumber, but we all know better.;)

Even Piell, on the other hand, fell on it's lightsaber again, put out the other eye, and while staggering around blindly got hit by a hoverbus and got squished like a jack o lantern the day after halloween. Good riddance to that ugly little pink...thing.:dead:

brentfett
03-20-2002, 01:53 PM
Who cares? Compared to some of the other, cooler council members (Plo, Saesee, Eeth, etc.) Poof is the equivalent of the wolfman in the original cantina scene. I'd still buy a figure though if they made one! :)

2-1B
03-20-2002, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
Poof is the equivalent of the wolfman in the original cantina scene.

Not until they revise TPM and replace him with Ketwol :D

Co Jo-Da
03-20-2002, 02:46 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/paulhorton/.Pictures/yarael_dad.jpg

OR

http://www.gallantmedia.com/gfx/poof5.jpg

Battle Droid
03-20-2002, 02:57 PM
LOL @ Pics.

pthfnder89
03-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Bosskman
Just because Poof dies in a comic doesn't mean he won't get made as a figure. How much on-screen action did we see Amanaman, Tessek, Momaw Nadon or Graxol Kelvyn do? They're all action figures are they not? Poof had as much or more screen-time than these guys and trice that of whora stink. He WILL be made in to an action figure, it's only a question of when. He was 2nd in the figure poll!!!!!!

That's what I was thinking. After all, Ephant Mon, Amanaman, and Tessek are all dead, but they got action figures.

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 04:12 PM
"Shoot the one with the girly braid first." Tee hee. Classic.:D