PDA

View Full Version : Jango's severed head.

Darth Ovori
03-19-2002, 04:24 PM
If the rumours are true, that Jango's head will roll after his duel with mace... And Boba takes the helmet before he leaves the battle... Doe's mean his actaully yanks the head out of the helmet... ??? Is'nt that a bit too raw... ??? For young Boba to do... ???

JonoFett
03-19-2002, 04:30 PM
Well he can't very well wear the damn thing with a head inside it.:) :rolleyes: :stupid:

Darth Ovori
03-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Yeah but it's his father's head, and while theres all the shooting and blasting around, he'll quickly despose of the head and then WEARS the helmet... Jeesss that is cold... hmm still it will reflect his cold and silent personality...

Wolfwood319
03-19-2002, 04:43 PM
You might want to be careful, you shouldn't put the actual spoiler in the title of thread. Something more along the lines of "I have a question about Boba" or something like that. You've got to be careful about spoilers around here.

As for the question itself, who's to say that the head stays in the helmet when it gets the chop. The head might fly out or something.

Darth Ovori
03-19-2002, 04:50 PM
Oh well, then why doe's the forum heading have "SPOILERS" in brackets... And then theres another forum for AOTC without spoilers in brackets...

Jedi Clint
03-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
Oh well, then why doe's the forum heading have "SPOILERS" in brackets... And then theres another forum for AOTC without spoilers in brackets...

Unless this topic was moved from another forum into this one, you do not have to worry about spoilers being present in the subject line. This is the Episode 2 (Spoilers) forum.

Darth Ovori
03-19-2002, 05:02 PM
Nope it was not moved, I only post here cause I know Spoilers are present...

But know going back to the subject, I thought Jango's jetpack was damaged during the battle, but somehow Boba gets it to work to flee from the Arena...

Jedi Clint
03-19-2002, 05:11 PM
Jango shoots his pack in an attempt to destroy Mace who is standing next to the thing (he dislodged it from it's owner in the first place) on the other side of the Reek monster, but Mace leaps out of the way.

The backpack Boba wears is the one that Jango wore in the Kamino rain battle......or one just like it. I think that one gets knocked off of Jango during the rain fight, but not destroyed.

I don't think we will see what actually becomes of the head. I think the scenes will go as follows:

Mace moves in close to Jango and slashed down.
Helmet shown bouncing and rolling on the arena floor.
Later......Boba holding helmet then puts it on before jetting out of the arena.

The head may fall out of the helmet before the helmet is shown bouncing around on the ground, or it could be taken out by Boba. One way or the other, I don't think that issue will be addressed, and I don't think we are really "supposed" to think about it very much ;).

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Perhaps Boba will disitegrate Jango's head from the helmet. Eh? Yeah...could happen.

chewie
03-19-2002, 10:35 PM
There won't be a scene with Boba taking out Jango's head. It just won't happen in a kid's movie.

Lord Malakite
03-19-2002, 11:12 PM
The more I read about this scene, the more I wonder. Maybe Mace dosen't actually decapitate Jango. Instead, the helmet could of bounced off as a result of Jango hitting the ground a certain way after he is killed.

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 11:42 PM
Doesn't the toy's head pop off? doesn't that say something about the scene?

I agree that the actual head will NOT be seen. Either rolling around or getting pulled out of the helmet and making that sucking sound when something wet is wedged into a tight place and you have to get a good grip to pull...I'll shut up now.

Beast
03-20-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Doesn't the toy's head pop off? doesn't that say something about the scene?
Yes, it does. Here is a picture showing the head, and it's obviously removable if you know to look for it since it's not quite flush with his neck. Link to Jango Fett: Geonosian Arena (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=47537) From everything I have heard, this is how the scene plays out. We see Mace swing with his saber, and it cuts away to boba as he watches his father fall. Then when his head strikes, which we won't see well from the angle of the shot, the helmet will come away from head and bounce. Rolling across the arena to land at Boba's feet where he will lean down and pick it up, give Mace a "I'll get you for this" dirty look, slaps the helmet on and rockets off for the Slave 1.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
03-20-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yes, it does. Here is a picture showing the head, and it's obviously removable if you know to look for it since it's not quite flush with his neck.

My dearest Jar Jar... "not quite flush" you say! Well... that then explains all the stories of the removable arms on the Imperial officers and some of the other recent POTJ figures. THEY ALL HAVE DISMEMBERMENT FEATURES!!!!

Cool!:eek:

Well... I suppose if anything will wipe that smug look off of Jango's face... it would be a decapitation.

Darth Ovori
03-20-2002, 03:32 PM
Kids movie, I reckon AOTC is aimed more towards the late teens...

And how'z that for a kids toy... recreate that scene... ??? Hmmm very graphic for a kid... ???

pthfnder89
03-20-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
Kids movie, I reckon AOTC is aimed more towards the late teens...

And how'z that for a kids toy... recreate that scene... ??? Hmmm very graphic for a kid... ???

True, but it isn't anymore graphic than Bespin Lukes hand that comes off, or Dagobah Vader and his detachable head with the "dead" Lukes face.

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2002, 04:00 PM
This isnt my favorite thread, since we are discussing the death of Jango, but I will add my 2 cents in for what its worth.
Obviously the scene will not be too brutal, but it may be alot like the scene in ESB when Luke knocks off Vaders head. We see it roll around and expose Luke's face inside the helmet.
I think it will be similar to this; we will see the helmet hit the ground and then Boba will get the helmet and put it on, symbolizing his gradual change into the bounty hunter we all know him as.
This movie is going to be great, but I hate that this has to happen.

2-1B
03-21-2002, 02:20 AM
Jango96, it's cool that you've been changing your Jango avatar . . . but I just hope you are able to complete the transition by using a pic of his empty helmet after the film opens :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Or I could just use a pic of the Headless Horseman from Sleepy Hollow.
That might do the trick.

Co Jo-Da
03-25-2002, 03:33 AM
What if Jango's head becomes Al Snow's 'Head' from the WWF.... :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

O.K. that was pretty dumb...

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2002, 10:42 AM
What does everybody want?
What does everybody need?

DeadEye
03-25-2002, 12:15 PM
The headless horseman...lol!!!1

Co Jo-Da
03-25-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
What does everybody want?
What does everybody need?

HEAD ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

browndroid
03-25-2002, 09:55 PM
yeah, ive been wondering about this, that would seem pretty nasty if he does take the head out...

DeadEye
03-25-2002, 10:57 PM
indeed:eek:

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 09:34 AM
And the graphic scenes keep coming... After little kids watch Boba pick up his father's helmet and watching the head SHLUNK out of it like pudding out of a can on Thanksgiving, we'll get to see Padme deliver the twins in graphic detail out of her womanly goodness in Ep III. It's amazing what you can do with CGI these days...:rolleyes:

Queen Katharine Leah
03-28-2002, 09:38 PM
Rollo's right. We see one head in AOTC. In Ep III we see the twins' heads peeking out of Padme's outstretched joyhole. (err, that ought to hurt.)

I think Boba picks up the helmet with the head still inside. After all, two heads are better than one.

Seriously, I think Boba will get revenge and do something nasty to Mace in Ep III.

What do you think?

NesteaFett
03-29-2002, 01:44 AM
You said Joyhole:crazed:

DarthChuckMc
05-21-2002, 10:39 PM
I noticed this while watching the decapitation scene in slow-mo.... You can see 2 shadows as the helmet flys towards the ground. I'm guessing the second one is Jango's head flying out of the helmet.

DarthChuckMc
05-21-2002, 10:41 PM
`

JediTricks
05-21-2002, 11:05 PM
Interesting find, seems like good detective work, I hadn't even noticed the 2nd shadow.

Beast
05-21-2002, 11:05 PM
Good catch, like I said from the beginning, his head went one way, and the helmet went another. Most likely the head was trampled into goo, that's why Boba picks up the helmet. Plus you can see in that second shot that the helmet is clearly empty. :)
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jason B
05-21-2002, 11:09 PM
uh....how do you take screens of media players? when i hit printscreen, it pastes everything but the video. that shows up as black. :frus:

DarthChuckMc
05-21-2002, 11:16 PM
I downloaded free software called SNAPIT 6...I think I found it on C-Net.com

sunblind
05-22-2002, 11:23 AM
Doesnt Jango's hand get cut off aswell as his head ?

Starfig873
05-22-2002, 11:30 AM
No, I'm pretty certain Mace lops one of his blasters apart, and that is what your seeing.

Sidiously Darth
05-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Well, that answers the question about why Jango's head doesn't plop out of the helmet when Boba picks it up. Good work DCMc!

I think the PG-13 version should show the head.:D

SuperBattleDroid88
08-14-2002, 12:22 AM
What happened to Jango's head after Mace Windu Slicked it off?
I saw the helmet flying off but what happened to his actual human head?!?!?!?!? :eek:
Sorry if this has been discussed before.....

Beast
08-14-2002, 12:28 AM
It was discussed before, but I'm not sure in which thread. I will need to dig it up. But someone posted a screen capture from their bootleg, and after Jango's head gets lopped off, you see 2 different shadows. So the helmet went one way, and the head went the other. The head probably got smashed to paste by Battle Droids, Jedi, and CloneTroopers. The helmet just ended up just getting kicked around, but not destroyed in the melee. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SuperBattleDroid88
08-14-2002, 12:32 AM
Oh ok! Thanks Mr. Binks!!!!!!!! :)

Darth Marra 54
08-14-2002, 06:53 PM
I think in the split second you see Jango's helmet fly off you kind of see a shadow move away from his helmet off the screen.

tagmac
08-17-2002, 12:34 PM
Yep. I caught both shadows the second time I watched AOTC. Smart move by Lucas, so as not to make the scene too graphic, considering it was already a bit shocking.

TheFrankEinstein
08-20-2002, 10:42 PM
Jedi Council's explanation (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020820.html).

It's basically the same as Darth Chuck's, but with more photos. Great work, DC!

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 02:23 PM
I wonder if Boba will save his father's head as well. Jango's skull is probably lining Boba's armor as a token of honor to his father. Or perhaps he will use it as a hood ornament for the Slave I and GL will add it in the OT ARCHIVAL EDITION:rolleyes:

Beast
08-21-2002, 02:31 PM
Scruffziller, I know you are probably joking. But with all the arena activity after Jango lost his head, that it probably was mashed and broken to bits. In the Boba Fett book that takes place after E2, he does bury his father on Geonosis before he leaves. I haven't read it yet, so I don't know if they mention his head or not. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 02:51 PM
So is it confirmed that the armor Boba wears is Jango's?

Beast
08-21-2002, 02:58 PM
I believe in that book, that Boba buries Jango in the armor, but does keep the helmet and probably later re-paints it. Since it has the same dent that Boba's does. As for what suit Boba wears, that is still pretty much EU. But the latest EU books that take place around the movies are usually alot more accurate then others.

In the afformentioned book, Jango has a spare suit or two of armor on the Slave 1. One of which used to belong to the Mandalorian Commando, Jaster Merrel. So Boba likely wears that suit, which fits in with why they think he's Jaster Merrel in the EU, along with a re-painted Jango helmet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 04:48 PM
*wonders if he's the only who caught it on the first viewing* :cool:

So I wonder why we didn't get a removeable head with the Final Battle Jango??? I'm suprised they didn't make it able to fire from the helmet! :p

hango fett
08-21-2002, 07:24 PM
just to clear this up...jango does get his hand cut off. i have seen it every time i have watched AOTC, which is about 7-8 times.
h

icatch9
08-22-2002, 11:52 AM
I know this question was answered on the forums long ago, but on the offical site it's answered for real. It also has some great photos of the shadow showing Jangos head come off. Check it out @

http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020820.html

Jedi Clint
08-22-2002, 12:52 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=161032#post161032

Daniel3160
06-20-2003, 07:42 PM
Okay I don't know if this has been answered yet but I'll ask anyway. Where is Jango Fetts fead?
1. It was sliced off in helmet
2. It rolled way to easy and Boba picked it up too easy
3. He's not a Jedi. (?) Or is he. (Disappearing)NOT
4. Head clearly not in helmet.
5. WHERE DID IT GO?????

Anakin2121
06-20-2003, 07:55 PM
It's probably still sitting in the sand. :p

Jedi Leanne
06-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Anakin2121
It's probably still sitting in the sand. :p

Actually, if you read in the Boba Fett book, Boba Fett buries it along with his fathers body.. he hides the armour and the jet pack and the helmet somewhere on geonosis to retrieve later. :)

Beast
06-20-2003, 08:08 PM
You can see a second shadow, when his head gets cut off. His helmet went one way, his head went another. The head likely got stompted to pudding by the time the battle was over. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Daniel3160
06-20-2003, 08:08 PM
Okay, but that doesn't answer my question. It rolled real easy in the helmet and Boba picked it up like it was empty. Is this a movie mistake. because ait skipped on a stone. The helmet alone should weigh about 5 or 6lbs if not more and his head 5 or 6 or more lbs. For a 12 yr old to pick up 12 to 15lbs would take a little more effort and not roll too fast. After all it wasn't a bowling ball

Beast
06-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Re-read the post. Because there was no head in the helmet. The head flew out of the helmet when it got cut off. Watch the scene, there is a second shadow right as the head gets cut off. The first shadow is the helmet, the second is the head. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Daniel3160
06-20-2003, 08:17 PM
Thanks I didn't see that before, I just ran it in slow motion. Why did Boba go to the helmet instead of the head?

Jedi Leanne
06-20-2003, 08:19 PM
Re-read the post. Because there was no head in the helmet. The head flew out of the helmet when it got cut off. Watch the scene, there is a second shadow right as the head gets cut off. The first shadow is the helmet, the second is the head. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jar Jar is right, this was answered on StarWars.com ask the community. Read the Book, Boba Fett - The Fight to Survive by Terry Bisson :)

Beast
06-20-2003, 08:20 PM
Because the head was likely smashed into jelly by the battle, the beasts, the droids, the jedi. Where as the helmet is sturdy, and wouldn't get mashed to jelly. There's a large discussion thread around here somewhere, but here's the official site's answer. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Leanne
06-20-2003, 08:25 PM
Because the head was likely smashed into jelly by the battle, the beasts, the droids, the jedi. Where as the helmet is sturdy, and wouldn't get mashed to jelly. There's a large discussion thread around here somewhere, but here's the official site's answer. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

If the head may have been smashed to bits... what about the body then? :)

Kidhuman
06-20-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Leanne
If the head may have been smashed to bits... what about the body then? :)

The body was in the armor and you answered that question earlier yourself. He buried it on Geonosis

hamsterboy
07-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Maybe the head didn't get squished. Maybe Mace picked it up so he could hang it on the wall in his office. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-23-2003, 01:39 AM
I'll hafta watch the flick again to see this, as i NEVER noticed it. I always figured Boba took it out later or something.

I do remember waiting to see it at 12:01 talking to the guy next to me and he's like, "did you get the Jango Fett: Battle Arena figure yet? His head pops off man!! You know what that means??!"
Me: "Yeah, i do now, thanks a--!!"

and then we laughed, but still, that's reason #1 movie theaters should think twice before selling beer. that and the fact their beer is really watered down. but i digress. :D

Liz
07-29-2003, 12:22 AM
I think it's kind of discusting as well. But I guess he had to do it!