PDA

View Full Version : Y-wings

Runobot
03-19-2002, 03:45 PM
What happened to Hasbro releasing more Y-wings? Did the cancel that plan?

Rollo Tomassi
03-19-2002, 11:43 PM
I don't know. But if they do, while they are at it, they can release more Skiffs, too. I never got either thanks to those imbeciles at Target never ordering any. That's right Target, I'm talking to you and your so-called "Exclusive" vehicles. So exclusive even YOU didn't get any. Somehow, the online scalp..I mean retailers managed to swim in the darn things. That's not very exclusive if you ask me.

So, in summation, Target and Hasbro. More Skiffs. More Y-Wings. Thank you.

InsaneJediGirl
03-20-2002, 07:08 AM
I agree!More Y-Wings and Skiffs.My Target didnt even know they
were supposed to be getting these things,hence,why I never found one!:rolleyes:

A re-release of these items would be good,maybe towards Christmas when the hype for AOTC dies down.

Amanamike
03-20-2002, 11:59 AM
They should change the term EXCLUSIVE to ELUSIVE. Seems way more appropriate dont you think???:confused:

JEDIpartner
03-20-2002, 12:35 PM
Yeah... it seems that is the case... Take two letters out of "Exclusive" and you get "Elusive". Hey... I'll give THEM two letters to replace the "X" and the "C"...

How about "F" and "U" ;)

let's see if this stays on here... :rolleyes:

Runobot
03-20-2002, 01:14 PM
Well, the F and U are still there!!! That was great.

Target just doesn't get it. They ordered too many Han and Carbonites, Luke's and Speederbikes, and not enough y-wings, and definitely not enough skiffs! They really need to get their acts together.

Anyway, I they were supposed to rerelease them, I guess noone has heard anything new?

Sidiously Darth
03-20-2002, 03:28 PM
There was a rumor that they were to be rereleased but I think it got scraped.

I have to agree with this line of thinking on the whole "exclusive" idea. I remember reading reports about some Targets getting lots of Y-Wings while some stores received maybe one case. Then you add in the online retailers. Doesn't that diminish the amount of product that Target can offer? I understand the reason for selling them to the online retailers, if that is in fact how they received them. Many countries along with Hawaii & Alaska(I think) do not have Targets. The online retailers are their chance. All be it a rather expensive chance.:frus:

Kenner had no problem with rereleasing toys through out the years of the vintage line. Why can't they rerelease all the vehicles? Then again why not start rereleasing the hard to find figures or the figures that are not going to be remade???:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

billfremore
03-20-2002, 03:38 PM
I agree.
Personally for myself I'd like to see a new X-wing, A-wing and
Y-wing...

and an F-wing and U-wing for JEDIpartnr :D

LTBasker
03-20-2002, 04:42 PM
They definitely need to release more Y-wings, Skiffs, Biker Scouts w/ Speeders and Tarpals w/ Kaadu, only exclusives I ever saw at my TARGET were two Tarpals w/ Kaadu, and that's ALL.

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 06:57 PM
I would gladly pick up 12" figures like Speederbikes and Scout Troopers if they were gonna net me Y-Wings and Skiffs in trade. But if I don't find anyone to trade with, then I'm stuck with 12" dollies I don't want.

Wolfwood319
03-20-2002, 07:01 PM
I never saw the Skiff or Y-Wing on a Target shelf. About 6 months ago a buddy of mine gave me a skiff cause he had about 6. I still don't have a Y-wing.

Exclusives have always been a bad idea. I hear the word exclusive, and to me it means, I'll never see it.

Sith Lord 0498
03-20-2002, 08:12 PM
Personally, I think they should abandon the entire "exclusive" idea altogether. You can never find these things!!! Instead, you have drive all over the place, day after day and store after store...for NOTHING!!!! With gas prices the way they are, a TIE Interceptor, a B-Wing, or a Skiff will end up costing you $200 after all the gas you wasted on such a ridiculous bug hunt.

The same goes for regular items. Hasbro should make sure that all stores receive an adequate amount of merchandise. I don't know how many times I ran all over Northeast PA trying to find the newest items. And this was four years ago!! Just because we're collectors does not mean we're archaeologists. This is "Star Wars"...NOT "Indiana Jones." Hasbro should quit making us play that part and give us the opportunity to buy their products and enjoy seeing them on our shelves.

SithDroid
03-20-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Exclusives have always been a bad idea. I hear the word exclusive, and to me it means, I'll never see it.

I agree. The only exclusives I saw around here were the 12" Tarpals w/ Kaadu and the B-Wing at Target. I have never ever seen the 12" Luke w/ Speederbike, Y-Wing, or Skiff. And while we're at it, if there absolutley HAS to be exclusives (although I wish there weren't any) then at least take them away from KB Toys and FAO Schwartz. My reasoning for these two:

KB Toys. The stores absolutely SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A tiny toy store in some mall somewhere that crams everything they can find onto the shelves. Everything is packed tightly. Figures get damaged and nothing ever sells because KB toys charges WAY TOO MUCH for any of their product. I Never buy anything from KB Toys unless I absolutely have to.

FAO Schwartz. Same thing as stated above plus FAO Schwartz is not as easy to find as the other major exclusive dealers. The closest FAO Schwartz to me is 2 1/2 hours away in Kansas City. Like I'm really going to drive 180 miles there for them to not have anything and then turn right back around and come home. Give me a break.

But all in all, GET RID OF EXCLUSIVES HASBRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :frus: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus:
If you want to do exclusives do them through the FAN CLUB only. That way you could specialize in making stuff that the collectors want and it wouldn't sit on the shelves collecting dust like the Ketwol wave.

I'm done ranting for now.

LTBasker
03-21-2002, 09:14 AM
Ya know, it was quite nice back during POTF2 and the only exclusive you really had to worry about not getting was B'Omarr Monk, but only if you didn't have the internet or didn't know someone with it, I liked the Fruit Loops Han, that was a great exclusive. :cool:

Jayspawn
03-21-2002, 10:29 AM
With Episode II right about to come out, it seems unlikely that Hasbro would rerelease ANY Skiffs or Y-Wings any time soon.

But more would be nice.