PDA

View Full Version : New TIE Fighter

dr_evazan22
03-19-2002, 05:39 PM
Hasbro released a larger, more accurate Electronic Power F/X X-wing.
Now I would like to see the same thing done to the TIE fighter. Retool the enire craft, w/ a ball cockpit instead of the "handle" on the back. I don't even need the electronics, I'd just like it to be the correct scale.

I know this might be too much for a movie year, but maybe for a year or 2 from now.

Beast
03-19-2002, 05:52 PM
There have been some rumors of a 25th Anniversary TIE Figher to go along with the 25th Anniversay X-Wing later this year. I know that there have been some internal rumors and rumblings from Hasbro of them wanting to do a properly scaled TIE Fighter for some time, and this is the year it would most likely appear. Though, I would rather see them wait til next year, since we already have a ton of exclusives coming this year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

dr_evazan22
03-19-2002, 06:05 PM
JJB, tell me about this 25th ann. X-Wing. I haven't heard about it. The only thing I've heard anything of is the new Action Fleet vehicles.

Beast
03-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
JJB, tell me about this 25th ann. X-Wing. I haven't heard about it. The only thing I've heard anything of is the new Action Fleet vehicles.
No need for me to post all the same info over here, so here is a link to the forum where all the info is posted. :) I also have a picture of the mockup in there. Enjoy! :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3200

MTFBWY and HH!

Jar Jar Binks

Dryanta
03-19-2002, 09:26 PM
I'd love to have a new Tie.But I agree with Jar Jar on the time thing.next year would be better

mark2d2
03-19-2002, 09:56 PM
Electronics for the new TIE are a must!!! I now have four (okay, three, the TIE BOMBER hasn't arrived yet) TIEs and none of them scream like they did when I was a wee little lad. I'd lick at least one of 'em to make a little noise.

I definitely think that a new TIE will be done soon. Who knows, they could always show up in Episode III. Of all the OT ships --- the TIE still kicks with the best of them.

JediTricks
03-19-2002, 11:18 PM
I really don't want electronics in a TIE Fighter, if it has them, then have accurate sounds and lights, but if it doesn't, even better. However, I definitely want a more accurate TIE Fighter sculpt with wings that aren't all smooshed down to fit in a box.

Full-size wings and an accurate cockpit, you'd think we were asking for something COMPLICATED!!!!!!!

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 12:36 AM
The TIE fighter has one of the most distinctive sounds, not only in the Star Wars films, but in ANY film. I'd love an electronic, to-scale TIE fighter to go with my 25thA X-Wing.

mark2d2
03-20-2002, 03:23 AM
Yeah Jeditricks! You've had four silent TIE FIGHTERS. At least allow us one that screams! Rollo is right. It's the signature sound of star wars. How many other vehicles have sound you can mimic?

Sith Lord 0498
03-20-2002, 09:46 PM
I'm all for having a brand-new TIE Fighter. And I agree that it does have one of the most distinctive sounds in the saga (aside from that familar snap-hiss of the lightsabers). This would be the perfect time to release a new TIE. First, it's been off the shelves for years now. Second, it'll be able to share the shelves with its "brothers" so to speak. The TIE Interceptors are still around, and the TIE Bomber is coming very soon. All that's left is the original TIE Fighter. Maybe they should consider a revamped Darth Vader TIE Fighter and have all four around simultaneously.

Jayspawn
03-21-2002, 11:31 AM
A new TIE Fighter is definatly LONG overdue. We havn't been able to get one since 1995 with POTF.

El Chuxter
03-21-2002, 01:56 PM
A new TIE is desperately needed! I picked up the original at a Hill's clearance sale in 1999 only because it was really cheap--otherwise I would've let that and the Landspeeder rot in their damaged boxes. And with a new Landspeeder on the way, well, ain't the time right? :)

C'mon, guys! With the great new molds your sculptors are coming up with--Power FX X-Wing, Vader's TIE, (from all indications) the Jedi Starfighter--why stick with inaccurate molds from the days when Luke had yellow hair and a yellow saber stuck in his arm?

Lman316
03-21-2002, 03:27 PM
Put me down for this one too. I never bought a POTF2 TIE, mainly because I was interested in the vehicles early on, and I didn't try to find one now because of the sculpt.
I have one TIE Interceptor, and I have always liked this vehicle, but I would like to display next to an accurate regular TIE fighter.
Whether it includes the electronics or not (if they are included, they better be accurate) I would definitely pick one up.