PDA

View Full Version : Rick McCallum

DarthSeattle
03-19-2002, 06:21 PM
I was just reading the Everyone Hates Lucas thread and came upon some interesting posts that included a certain animosity towards good ole Ricky. Many folks were kind enough to refrain or say "don't get me started with him".

I thought I was the only one that was driven insane by the producer. Whenever I see him talk in interviews, I cringe by the way he talks, the words he uses, and the fact that he is an absolute yes-man. And his hair! Does he ever comb his hair (I know, I shouldn't get any more personal than I have), but the previous thread on Lucas prompted me! They call him a successful producer (and clearly his work on the young Indiana Jones, the Special Editions, and the prequels makes him qualify), but what had he done before that caught GL's attention?

Your thoughts, please.

Jon
03-19-2002, 06:36 PM
I don't have anything personal against McCallum but he definately comes across as a holier than thou yesman to Lucas. I wanted to puke watching him in the Epsiode I Making of documentary. He is very.......very.......annoying and his hair...what is up with his hair? These are George's movies and he can do what wants and employ who he wants, but I sure don't enjoy this guy at all. Reminds me of Waylon Smithers, except without the personality.

chewie
03-19-2002, 07:57 PM
I have no idea what talent or ability he is employed for. That is why I hate him. He doesn't seem to do anything, except get in front of documentary cameras and yell.

2-1B
03-20-2002, 01:02 AM
Has anyone ever seen Radioland Murders? It's a LFL film, produced by the Ricker. I see it mentioned in jests about him, and I always see the DVD in the $9.99 bin. I'm so tempted to buy that thing on impulse, but I always come back to reality and decide not to (probably) waste my money.

Any help here?

DarthSeattle
03-20-2002, 09:24 AM
So Rick's only claim to fame is working for LFL?

2-1B
03-20-2002, 11:55 AM
I borrowed this info from IMDb, however trustworthy they may be . . .

Producer - filmography

Indiana Jones 4 (2003) (producer)
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) (producer)
Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Adventures in the Secret Service, The (1999) (V) (producer)
Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Masks of Evil, The (1999) (V) (producer)
Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Spring Break Adventure, The (1999) (V) (producer)
Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: The Trenches of Hell, The (1999) (V) (producer)
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) (producer)
Young Indiana Jones and the Attack of the Hawkmen (1995) (TV) (producer)
Young Indiana Jones and the Treasure of the Peacock's Eye (1995) (TV) (producer)
Radioland Murders (1994) (producer)
Young Indiana Jones and the Hollywood Follies (1994) (TV) (producer)
"Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, The" (1992) TV Series (producer)
Heading Home (1991) (TV) (producer)
"Blackeyes" (1989) (mini) TV Series (producer)
Strapless (1989) (producer)
Tidy Endings (1988) (TV) (producer)
Track 29 (1988) (producer)
Castaway (1987) (producer)
"Singing Detective, The" (1986) (mini) TV Series (executive producer)
Link (1986) (co-producer)
Dreamchild (1985) (producer)
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (1983) (producer: special edition)
I Ought to Be in Pictures (1982) (associate producer)
Pennies from Heaven (1981) (executive producer) (as Richard McCallum)
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980) (producer: special edition)
Star Wars (1977) (producer: special edition)

Actor - filmography

Unauthorized Star Wars Story, The (1999) (V) . . . Himself/Interviewee
Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) (uncredited) .... Naboo Courier
Star Wars (1977) (uncredited) .... Stormtrooper (special edition)

DarthSeattle
03-20-2002, 01:23 PM
Seems like his major stuff is LFL.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Has anyone ever seen Radioland Murders? It's a LFL film, produced by the Ricker. I see it mentioned in jests about him, and I always see the DVD in the $9.99 bin. I'm so tempted to buy that thing on impulse, but I always come back to reality and decide not to (probably) waste my money.

Any help here?

It's not so good and even spending 9.99 on it is a waste of money I think. It's just really boring, except for madelaine stowe cause I think she's hilarious no matter what she does. But that's just my opinion...someone else may absolutely love it! After all that's what makes the world go 'round. :)

mark2d2
03-23-2002, 03:25 AM
McCallum is an idiot. It has been "official" for a long time.

I first realized this back in 1997 when I got my letterboxed special editions and had to watch as Rick gushed on and on about how fabulous Yazuum and the all new Jabba's Palace musical sequence was. Watch this documentary clip again --- it truly captures all that is Rick.

I felt my first cold chill about the upcoming Prequels.

A chill that hit home with a vengeance upon first meeting JarJar . . .

Clearly, McCallum is no Gary Kurtz and the films have suffered. So have we.