PDA

View Full Version : Obi Wan Pilot figure?

Battle Droid
03-19-2002, 10:42 PM
You guys have seen the pics, what's that gray thing he comes with, with the little satellite dish on top?

Lord Tenebrous
03-19-2002, 11:14 PM
You can't send a holographic transmission without some basic equipment. This would be the "cloaked Obi in the rain" shot in the trailer, when he's informing the Loyalist committee. It's a portable transmission generator.

The silver thing in his left hand is a seeker pod that he uses to track a certain ship...

Battle Droid
03-20-2002, 12:34 AM
I thought that's what it might've been though wasn't sure, thanks.:)

mark2d2
03-20-2002, 03:37 AM
Wait, is it just me or don't his legs still look WAYYYYYYYYY to far apart to fit in the ship?

Battle Droid
03-20-2002, 04:05 AM
Yep, unless they got some special articulaton, or it's not the finished product.

JEDIpartner
03-20-2002, 11:13 AM
I put the Jedi Training Obi-Wan inside the ship to see how it would fit. It totally did NOT! I used him because he had the most ridiculous leg positioning I could find... well aside from ridiculous position Eeth Koth. Yeah... I'm kinda hoping they don't muck this one up!!!

I still like this figure... I just wish he didn't have the Starfighter's headset moulded onto his head. Oh, well... I'll be buying two of this and two of the 1st Obi-Wan and swapping heads.

pthfnder89
03-20-2002, 02:16 PM
I don't think the legs are actually as widely stanced as it seems in the picture. I don't think they're as bad as Jedi Training Obi for example. But it's hard to tell until you can see the figure in person and not just pictures.

Does know where I can find other pictures of this one? I have two, (including the one posted above) but neither of them show the headpiece that I keep hearing about, at least not very well. I'm curious how it looks.

I'll definitely be buying four or five of these though. That cloak looks fantastic and I need some for my other Jedi:):)

*shudders at the memory of the awful Ep1 Jedi cloaks*:( :(

Jargo
03-21-2002, 07:02 AM
I got this off the official site it shows his legs as being quite widely spaced. but doesn't show the head set.

Darth Ovori
03-21-2002, 11:53 AM
That robe looks terrible...

Invest in the future, better technology for softer plastic to achive proper Jedi robes... Hasbro are you listening... ???

pthfnder89
03-21-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth Ovori
That robe looks terrible...

Invest in the future, better technology for softer plastic to achive proper Jedi robes... Hasbro are you listening... ???

You really think so? I thought it looked really good; much better than the brown cloth robes from the Ep1 accessorie packs.

Granted, a robe made from fabric and cut to that tiny size will never look as real as a sculpted plastic robe, but I like being able to remove it, which you can't do with plastic.

187-Maul
03-22-2002, 11:33 AM
here's a better pic of the headpiece

evenflow
03-22-2002, 11:34 AM
Cloth robe, very nice to see.

pthfnder89
03-22-2002, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
here's a better pic of the headpiece

Awesome, that's exactly what I whave been looking for. Thanks 187-Maul!

JEDIpartner
03-22-2002, 02:38 PM
My goodness!!! It's the elusive "Barry Gibb" in concert doll! Whoooooooooo!!

Just kidding. I think it's the lighting.

CrossWizard
03-22-2002, 05:24 PM
And the legs look just fine to me in that last pic, almost as perfect as the soft goods Obi Wan.

Lord Tenebrous
03-22-2002, 07:11 PM
From Rebelscum:

Episode II Slave I with Jango Fett
Episode II Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi

*Due to the K-Mart's recent restucturing, we've been told that these vehicles, which are the same as the regular issues but with figure pack-ins, may be picked up by Kaybee.

So, who wants to take bets that these are completely new pack-in figures, and that they're the only ones that will fit into the vehicles... :sur:

If these stay Kmart exclusives, I'll get them over the non-pack-in vehicles.

Jargo
04-02-2002, 07:48 AM
OH! So cynical...! Lordy I hope cynicism isn't catching.......... :rolleyes: :D y'know, I thought KB was a States only store. Does this mean the rest of the world has to endure a vehicle that has no figure to fit it? Would this be elitism once again? Would this be a stinky poo pile of hasbro doo doo? I think so, yes indeedy. :(

JediTricks
04-03-2002, 03:35 AM
I think it's neat that the Obi-Wan Pilot figure's radar dish plugs into that little hole on the Jedi Starfighter just like in the film (there's a shot from the film of the radar dish right where this little hole is on the official site, it corresponds so perfectly that this has to be the case).

Beast
04-03-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I think it's neat that the Obi-Wan Pilot figure's radar dish plugs into that little hole on the Jedi Starfighter just like in the film (there's a shot from the film of the radar dish right where this little hole is on the official site, it corresponds so perfectly that this has to be the case).
Wow, thank you JediTricks. You solved the mystery of the little hole is for on the Jedi Starfighter. Alot of us were wondering why that was there, if it was some sort of molding hole or what. Who knew that just like the Naboo Starfighter and Anakin: Naboo Figher figure in the E1 line, that one of the figures would come packed with something that completes the ship. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-03-2002, 03:42 AM
I hope its not a K-Mart or a KB exclusive. The K-Marts around me are all closing, and the only KB near me is in Woodfield mall.

From the pose of the Obi-Wan though, it doesn't look like his legs are spread that much apart, just that one is in front of the other. The thing with cloth is that it doesn't "minituraize" well. Like water.

187-Maul
04-03-2002, 07:30 AM
talking about holes on ships...anybody know what the hole in darth vader's tie fighter cockpit is for ?

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Wow, thank you JediTricks. You solved the mystery of the little hole is for on the Jedi Starfighter. Alot of us were wondering why that was there, if it was some sort of molding hole or what. Who knew that just like the Naboo Starfighter and Anakin: Naboo Figher figure in the E1 line, that one of the figures would come packed with something that completes the ship. :)

Where is this hole at JJB? I haven't noticed it yet.

PS- YES, this is definitely a very cool idea. I love when toy copmanies show this kind of forward thinking.:)

mark2d2
04-03-2002, 05:18 PM
Hey! I've always wondered about that hole in Vader's TIE as well. Anybody have any ideas? I always thought it was for some unproduced "navicomputer" type of thing though maybe TIEs don't have those. . .

Beast
04-03-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
Where is this hole at JJB? I haven't noticed it yet.
The small hole is on the main body of the ship, behind the astromech's head.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
04-04-2002, 01:23 AM
Sure thing JJB.

BTW, here's that shot from SW.com with the radar dish: http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/r4p17/img/movie_bg.jpg

As you can see, it's EXACTLY where the hole is on the toy, right behind the droid head and next to the white vent.

187-Maul
04-04-2002, 07:11 AM
I always thought the hole in Vader's tie was for the controls from the gunner station vader who had a thing like that but that doesn't fit - it's probabaly just something Hasbro wanted to pruduce but forgot about it or thought noone would care about it

JEDIpartner
04-04-2002, 09:22 AM
for those who have both the Jedi Starfighter and the Pilot figure. Hasbro used a little imagination there!

The nice thing is that the "radar" is great on its own with the figure.