PDA

View Full Version : Chewbacca?

InsaneJediGirl
03-20-2002, 12:39 PM
In the movie poster for AOTC,is it me or does the character next to Mace,above C-3PO and R2-D2 look like Chewbacca?

I could be wrong,since the picture is dark and my eyes arent
all too great to begin with.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=48801
(poster image)

2-1B
03-20-2002, 12:46 PM
I think you're just making something out of Obi-Wan's robes :)

InsaneJediGirl
03-20-2002, 12:46 PM
LOL..Thanks...I need to lay off the Cherry Coke :D

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2002, 12:57 PM
InsaneJediGirl,
Your eyes arent that good? Arent you 16?
Youre still a baby!!:crazed:

2-1B
03-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Cool :cool:

For awhile though, I thought they might try to put Chewie in the prequels, maybe to explain old Ben's ease in chatting with him in the cantina (I know, BoShek gets no credit). It would be a way to insert the character though. Thankfully they have debunked the rumors of his inclusion :)

InsaneJediGirl
03-20-2002, 01:00 PM
Yeah,I'm 16.Got eye problems that run in the family though and
I didnt have my glasses on.Gesh,I sound like an old lady,:eek:

I still say its something besides Obis robe,though ;)

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2002, 01:35 PM
InsaneJediGirl,
I am just picking at you :D
I agree, it does look kind of like Chewie.

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 01:43 PM
Chicks with glasses are hot.:)

If you believe the EU, Chewbacca's planet wasn't invaded until after the Empire came into being, so unless they go out of their way to drop by Kashyyyk, you won't see the "big furry oaf."

Nor, thank goodness, will you see a twelve year old Han Solo ( I thought Dan Logan was playing Han Solo when I saw the casting sheet calling him "a mysterious young boy, who fans should recognize" and screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!")

You will see the Millennium Falcon, though. It's the only ship Jar Jar could find when he's helping Padme and the twins escape Coruscant.

2-1B
03-20-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Chicks with glasses are hot.:)

Tapping my nose ala Principal Skinner. ;)

Rollo, the Falcon may indeed appear. George likes his films to "ryhme", and where have we seen an unintelligible alien blathering in the cockpit of the MF ? Yes, Mr. Nien Nunb himself.

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
In the movie poster for AOTC,is it me or does the character next to Mace,above C-3PO and R2-D2 look like Chewbacca?

I could be wrong,since the picture is dark and my eyes arent
all too great to begin with.

Uhhh...the character next to Mace is Jango.:rolleyes:

Just kidding. However, I don't see anybody besides Mace with his knee in the air like he's about to swing that lightsaber baseball bat style.

JEDIpartner
03-20-2002, 02:40 PM
Sure... why not! When I've got a few Cherry Cokes in me... I see all sorts of things in Disney cartoons!!! :crazed:

Beast
03-20-2002, 02:54 PM
You will see the Millennium Falcon, though. It's the only ship Jar Jar could find when he's helping Padme and the twins escape Coruscant.
That would be a great way to include the Falcon in the prequels. What will be even better is while Jar Jar is flying off with the Falcon, he rams the radar dish into some traffic but it doesn't break off. Someone in the cockpit makes comment about it being lucky that the radar dish didn't get ripped off. And then years later, since Jar Jar weakened it, the radar dish snaps off inside the DSII, instead of it causing structural damage to the Falcon. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
03-20-2002, 05:55 PM
Well I enlarged it and attached it below. Theres actually nothing there at all except Mace's raised leg.

Hope that helps. :cool:

This does bring up something though, how come we haven't seen Wookiees for E2 yet?!?!!? :confused: I want a wookiee Jedi!

SithDroid
03-20-2002, 08:37 PM
There is nothing there. I went to the movies two days ago and they had it already up there and there is no Chewbacca or anything in that area.

preacher
03-20-2002, 09:48 PM
About Han Solo,

If Solo was a trooper in the empire (is that EU or Lucas?) and the clone troopers eventually become the stormtroopers. does that mean Han is a clone? It would explain why Boba Fett was wise to Han's deception in the imperial garbage in ESB. They both learned that tactic from those computer terminals.

Long shot I admit, but it makes since.

2-1B
03-21-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by preacher
does that mean Han is a clone?

Shhhhhhhhhh, Tycho might hear you ;)

:D

InsaneJediGirl
03-21-2002, 09:01 AM
Thanks for the enlargement LTBasker

IF Han is a clone...then do all the stormtroopers look like Han?Since when something is cloned it is normally identical.However,I
seriously dont think he is a clone,it would mess up the EU lines.

LTBasker
03-21-2002, 09:36 AM
Well I doubt the cloning issue, granted some could be left-over clones, but it would mess up ANH, considering we see Stormtroopers of various heights.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
03-21-2002, 10:41 AM
Maybe Chewie will pop up in Ep3 somehow. Supposedly he is around 200 years old in the original trilogy. Personally I think it would be kind of neat. I don't know where or how he'd fit in though.

Co Jo-Da
03-25-2002, 03:17 AM

I hope to see the Millennium Falcon in Episode III but I Jar Jar doesn't trip over the Hyper-Drive and ruin it for all time...

mark2d2
03-25-2002, 04:40 AM
I'd love to see Chewie back in Episode III. But only in a really small, but really cool part. Like a tiny cameo. Five minutes of screen time max. Like have him interact with someone on the fringes of the new characters.

I'm just afraid Lucas would do something lame, like have him babysitting a ten year old Lando played by Emmanuel Lewis.

Tycho
03-25-2002, 11:25 AM
First, I DID hear you!!! Ha-he-haw-ha-hah-haaaa!

Next on Han being a Clone. Then Chewbacca being off-planet during the prequels.

I do think Han is a clone. Or he is the decendent of a Clone.

2nd, it wouldn't mess up the EU too much.

Here comes the part where I'm a Han Solo history buff...

One assumption has to be made - and I think it is fact anyway. Han Solo is 29 years old during the Battle of Yavin.

That will make him 7 in Episode Two, while Boba Fett is 12 or 14? - Boba Fett, not Daniel Logan guys ????

Now if they call it THE CLONE WARS, and right now (as of E2) it is a bunch of Clones fighting FOR the Republic against the Trade Federation's / Confederacy's Battle Droids, why not call it the Confederate Wars, or the Seccessionist Struggle, or something else?

Now look at what happened. The Clones of Boba's father (Jango) were usurped by the Republic while Boba and his father had fought for the Confederacy! Perhaps, the Confederacy sees the light and makes their own Clone Army to fight the Republic's? Either Boba is cloned, making a copy of a copy - which would vary from Jango at least a little... or someone new is chosen to be cloned, making a different version of trooper (Han's ancestor?). Boba Fett may well be put in command of these troops, who might well ware Mandalorian Armor still.... (In E3)

Meanwhile, if Han Solo deserts this group because he is given an order that he finds immoral, like harass a pregnant woman, then a 7 year old boy might betray Boba Fett and spring his quarry, saying "Would you like it back in your cell, Your Highness?" with a lop-sided grin!

Fett would be left to confront Mace and see him disintegrate (see Rollo Tomasso's fine theory in the Mace's Death Thread of the E3 Spoiler section).

Meanwhile, the 7 year old flees the Confederacy and winds up an orphan on Corellia from a ship he stowes away on.

At the same time, Thracken Sal-Solo might be descended from another Clone of the same template.

What we know is this: Denn Solo is the grandfather. He and his wife had twins (boy and girl). They were Corellian Colonists who fled some sort of pirate attack and were separated. They never saw each other again. The woman took one of the twins, the daughter, who is Han's Aunt Tion, and Thracken's mom. Denn Solo took the boy, who would be Han's father.

Right now this stuff doesn't mesh with Han being a Clone unless Han's father was the progenator of the Confederate Clones. But that means they either have accelerated growth, or an older template for Cloning was being used maybe even before Jango Fett donated his DNA???

Last but not least, Han was 19 when he tested and was accepted into the Imperial Academy to be a fighter pilot, not to be a Stormtrooper. Han served 5 years in the Empire as a lieutenient and fighter pilot.

Meanwhile, Chewbacca.... met his wife Malla when she had a crush on HIM, but needed rescuing from Trandoshan slavers who were trading Wookiees outside the Republic's jurisdiction, long before there ever was an Empire.

Chewie slew the Trandoshan slavers and freed his mate-to-be, but promised his village tribe he would use their ship to pursue other slavers and free the city's missing Wookiee children. He might have even flown to Coruscant to testify to the Senate about the problems on the Outer Rim, seeking to support the Wookiee Senator.

Chewie made a name for himself as a rescue pilot on the Outer Rim and became a famous warrior for freedom amongst his people. On one of his missions, years later, when the Empire was firmly established, Chewie used the weapons on a damaged slave ship he'd liberated to hold off Imperial slavers, while Wookiee children escaped in Chewbacca's own ship he gave them. Chewie was captured alone by one slick Imperial squadron leader, Lt. Han Solo.

Lt. Solo later felt guilty for this and when by the will of the Force he came upon a scene where Chewbacca was being beaten by his Imperial masters, Han went nuts and kicked the crap out of his commanding officer and freed Chewbacca, earning himself both a court martial, and a Wookiee Life Debt.

Chewbacca will be 178 years old in AOTC - if there is a reason for him to appear.

LTBasker
03-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Ya know... according to countless sources, Han is from Corellia, as is Madine and Wedge, are they clones too? Supposedly Madine was an Imperial Officer before joining the Rebels and Wedge was Imperial before Rebel, as was many of them, they used the Imperial Academy for training.

Han has several distinct features that I doubt would've been in an "expendable" clone's DNA.

evenflow
03-25-2002, 12:33 PM
I hope that we get to see some Wookies soon. It would be really cool.

Toad
03-25-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
I'd love to see Chewie back in Episode III. But only in a really small, but really cool part. Like a tiny cameo. Five minutes of screen time max. Like have him interact with someone on the fringes of the new characters.

I'm just afraid Lucas would do something lame, like have him babysitting a ten year old Lando played by Emmanuel Lewis.

That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard!:crazed:

I hope that there is no Han, no Chewie, and no Millenium Falcon. While it would be really cool to see them all again, I just don't think they fit. Lucas needs to leave something for Episode IV, and that's Han, Chewis, and the Millenium Falcon.

Regarding this "Han is a clone" business, where does all this information come from, regarding his past? The EU? I just hope we don't see Han's background. As I stated above before this edited insertion, Han should be new in Ep. IV. We don't need to see everyone's history in Episode III.

SithDroid
03-25-2002, 03:54 PM
I agree. I'm mad enough that now I know too much about Boba Fett. It was better to leave his past as a mystery, but GL couldn't do that.

If Han and Chewie show up in EP II or III, then that is just plain stupid. TPM has too many "convenient" ways of introducing the OT characters. Threepio created by Anakin? Why? Who cares? Just GL trying to find a way to work him into the overall story, in a poor way may I add. There is so much more on this subject that I could talk about, but I don't feel like it.

Tycho
03-25-2002, 04:53 PM
It fits a mythology pattern that Lucas is working with. This is the story of a whole group of people, mostly a family - or a group of people that WILL become a family - and this is their story. Most of the loose ends will be tied up. Expect that, even if you don't like it.

Furthermore, if Han went as an orphan to Corellia, then he's Corellian if he says so. That doesn't make Madine, Reikeen, and Antilles clones... but I think Lando might be a clone from an obviously different template. And the 2 year age-difference between Han and Lando, might reflect that they were from different 'production orders' anyway. I just hope Lando is not related to Captains Panaka or Typho, nor is he related to Mace Windu. But who knows, the genetic residue of the chuck-full-of-midichlorians Mace Windu, who wether disintegrated or not, would be a prime candidate for Cloning... might even head out along those story lines. Only thing is, with Lando being about 9 years old wherever he is in E2, unless he is an accelerated Clone too, Mace would have to have been Cloned at least 11 years before his death. But it would explain why Lando is such a lucky gambler and a quick-study for an ace pilot....

If Lando is a Clone, he's probably from a template we haven't seen yet. The only physical trait Billy Dee has in common with the other actors is that he is black. He doesn't look anything like the other characters.

But Han says to Obi-Wan, "No mystical energy field controls my destiny...." and Obi-Wan laughs because he knows a LOT more than Han does. If a Clone, Han ironically owes his whole life to the Sith - where one master was manipulating the whole galaxy with his mystical energy. Ironic also, that Han, who is always refusing to join the Rebels, is a rebel by his very nature since he didn't serve and die as a Stormtrooper Clone!

It fits: an ancient Wizard, a farmboy, 2 robots, and a soldier for the enemy turned mercenary with his animal-familiar friend, rescue a beautiful princess and restore justice to the Empire!

A fairy tale. What is Star Wars? Reality - the history of another galaxy and its Civil War? I want it to be that as well. Immerse yourself in the adventure and it is. But remember where Lucas sought a recipe for success for his story from? Take a break from the fantasy politics and retrace the outline of the story to its origin. Among other things, this is "The Godfather" in outer space. Now go back to pretending it is whatever you want it to be, but also keep in mind, 3 classic movies did not tell us the whole truth, and since that could be a fact, Lucas is free to make up new facts in the past, so long as they mesh with his future.

LTBasker
03-25-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
But Han says to Obi-Wan, "No mystical energy field controls my destiny...." and Obi-Wan laughs because he knows a LOT more than Han does.

Gee I always thought Obi-Wan was laughing at Han's closed mind cockyness. :rolleyes:

Why is everything a clone now because of Attack of the Clones? I mean, no one but JJB will accept the theory of Palpy being a CLONE of Sidious, but then Han & Lando are called clones... It's a good thing Rick McCallum doesn't check this board....I HOPE. :eek:

Toad
03-25-2002, 05:14 PM
Expect that, even if you don't like it.

You seem very indignant about this, as evidenced by another of your comments to me earlier in this thread. As I've said, no I don't like it -- but am I angry about it? No. Well I not watch the movie if everything you've said plays out? No. It's all a bunch of guessing. You have your theories, I have mine, and everyone else has their own. You're entitled to your opinion. I need not remind you that I am as well.

That being said, if the loose ends are all tied up in this family-centric "Godfather", then why don't we know who everyone's parents are? Where did Palpatine come from? What REALLY happened at Ord Mandell? Where did 3PO's wires come from? I make ludicrous examples simply because I think these questions' answers would be equally ludicrous. Not everything needs to be tied up. Where does it all end? I may stand alone on this, and George Lucas may indeed answer all of my dumb questions along with everything else, but I like to have a little bit of guesswork. It makes it a little more interesting to me as opposed to having everything laid upon a table.

Again, it's just my opinion. I'll love the movies no matter what.

Tycho
03-25-2002, 05:27 PM
Whoa Toad!

I'm very sincerely sorry if I came off as being arrogantly defending my theory and you are right that I DO need to remember it is just a theory - mine being just a theory especially.

I got competitive there and was waiting [for the movie] to lay my cards out on the table and say "Ha! I told you so!"

I should behave better, because you don't know me personally.

Guessing this stuff, figuring it out in advance, is like a GAME to me.

I want to see how smart I am if I measure George Lucas as the standard for genius in this category (for Star Wars writing). I don't think he's a genius per se, but he is very logical, which is why I think I can solve his puzzle with logical reasoning.

I get a little competitive there, as I'm one of those guys that was a debate team member and pre- trial lawyer, though I decided to pursue community economic development as a career instead - so I could do more social good actually.

I recognize it is not in the social good to be a smart-xxx though, LOL! But yeah, I mean it like a game and I want to win! Childlike, but so is my love for Star Wars. It does take me back to being a kid...

So it's just my theory. I do want to be right. And I think I am because I'm playing "to win." I know - I'm a big goofball! Can't help it. I'm having fun, and if you know I mean nothing personal, than I hope you are having fun too!

mark2d2
03-25-2002, 09:36 PM
No offense, Tycho, but i REALLY hope you're wrong on this one.

2-1B
03-26-2002, 01:57 AM
Tycho, I see what you mean about clones fighting each other, but I guess I always thought of it this way:

The clone army is used to fight secessionists seeking to tear apart the Republic which (while corrupted) still looks to serve the good of the galaxy. Once Palpatine takes supreme power and declares an Empire, that same army is used to fight new secessionists (Organa and others) who now seek in this new Alliance the same good that the old Republic once did. So instead of clones fighting on both sides against each other, they will start on the side of "good" and end up on the side of "evil".

thoughts? :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-26-2002, 09:26 AM
The EU animosity between Boba Fett and Han Solo is too great to dismiss Tycho's theories out of hand . I happen to think it's a great way to explain Han's origin. But I don't want to see it in the movies. The films, the third in particular, are about Anakin's fall and his schism with Padme and Obi Wan. A lot of screen time needs to be devoted to that story in terms of character development and emotional connection from the audience. All this nonsense about Han being a clone, Palpatine being a clone, Lando being a clone detracts from that story. Han and Chewie showing up in Episode III, Mace Windu fighting Boba Fett. This is all secondary to what Lucas needs to concentrate on in making the third film. How important is it to know if Palpatine is Sidious' clone or vice versa if it interferes with telling the story of Obi Wan and Anakin and Padme? Yes, Palpatine is important to that, but Palpy/Sidious/Clone issues are not. Leave Han Solo out of the prequel trilogy and put him in the EU afterwards.

Plus, I thought Han Solo was 32 at the Battle of Yavin?

mabudonicus
03-26-2002, 01:12 PM
LANDO? A CLONE?!? Really, what's going on in this thread?!? Don't you all remember in the original EU opus "Splinter of the Minds Eye" where Darth Vader gets hacked apart and tossed into the volcano at the end?? This ties up a lot of loose ends, as it proves that ESB and ROTJ are just moment-of-death montages, a la "Jacob's Ladder", and are meant to be taken as surrealistic interpretations, free from the mortal burdens of sense and sensibility. This totally explains the "comedy" ATSTs and the ewoks, at least.
The EU is meaningless if you don't consider it ALL. Wooooooooo!!

2-1B
03-26-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
The EU is meaningless if you don't consider it ALL.

Easy mabudon, them's fightin' words ! :D :D :D

Toad
03-28-2002, 10:34 PM
Whoa Toad!

I'm very sincerely sorry if I came off as being arrogantly defending my theory and you are right that I DO need to remember it is just a theory - mine being just a theory especially.

I got competitive there and was waiting [for the movie] to lay my cards out on the table and say "Ha! I told you so!"

I should behave better, because you don't know me personally.

Guessing this stuff, figuring it out in advance, is like a GAME to me.

I want to see how smart I am if I measure George Lucas as the standard for genius in this category (for Star Wars writing). I don't think he's a genius per se, but he is very logical, which is why I think I can solve his puzzle with logical reasoning.

I get a little competitive there, as I'm one of those guys that was a debate team member and pre- trial lawyer, though I decided to pursue community economic development as a career instead - so I could do more social good actually.

I recognize it is not in the social good to be a smart-xxx though, LOL! But yeah, I mean it like a game and I want to win! Childlike, but so is my love for Star Wars. It does take me back to being a kid...

So it's just my theory. I do want to be right. And I think I am because I'm playing "to win." I know - I'm a big goofball! Can't help it. I'm having fun, and if you know I mean nothing personal, than I hope you are having fun too!

Cool man! No worries here -- I just wanted to be sure we were on the same page. I'm with you -- it's like a game for me too to predict what will happen (my theories are hated by everyone, though ;))

Keep 'em coming! If for nothing else, it's some good reading! :crazed:

Dryanta
03-29-2002, 10:28 AM
Well folks I'm a very level headed person most of the time but this one is different.Chewie had better show up In one or the other of these @#$%&*% movies!!What the &^!@!!I don't care who's a clone!! this is &^#$*^$%!!If 3PO and that idiot piece of %$#& Boba Fett gets in then Chewie AND Han should be!!period!!I will not calm down about it either!!
These two were in it from the start and like it not they were major assets of the OT.They should be in!!*&^%$$#@$%^&()*^$#@#%&^$#@%*(&%#!!
Now I 'll go back to my mild mannered self.Never bring this up within arms reach of me man!!!This one really gets me mad!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :crazed: :D

Pendo
03-29-2002, 10:32 AM
Never get into a fight with Dryanta...:D

PENDO!

jw_bryant
03-29-2002, 04:35 PM
you ought to see him in person. :eek:
;)

NesteaFett
03-29-2002, 11:27 PM
I got in on this late but, yeah Han and Chewie should be in it. Especially if it means me keeping my limbs.

Dryanta
03-30-2002, 11:16 PM
sorry.uncalled for and there is no excuse for me acting that way.again I'm sorry.:o