PDA

View Full Version : Tantive IV Defender

DarthSeattle
03-20-2002, 01:57 PM
The Rebel trooper pictures in the Picture Archive section show that the helmet is removable (like the Imperial trooper). But I've tried to remove the helmet on mine and am afraid that I will decapitate him. Was there a change made? Or are mine just on too tight?

pthfnder89
03-20-2002, 02:56 PM
Lol, I had the same experience.

The Trooper in the picture was jsut the prototype, so when whoever it was took the picture, they probably didn't know that the helmet would be glued on in the final version. That's why the chinstrap is molded on in the picture even though the helmet is off.

DarthSeattle
03-20-2002, 05:04 PM
I considered the prototype scendario, except that although you can take the helmet off the Death Star Trooper on the final version, his chin-strap is molded on.

I'm glad you were able to lol. I lol when I read your post.

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 06:36 PM

That read so smartass that I started to lol when I read it. Did you intend it to be snide? I'm still chuckling...:happy:

pthfnder89
03-20-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
That read so smartass that I started to lol when I read it. Did you intend it to be snide? I'm still chuckling...

Heh heh, I'm kind of wondering too :confused: :crazed:

Originally posted by DarthSeattle
I considered the prototype scendario, except that although you can take the helmet off the Death Star Trooper on the final version, his chin-strap is molded on.

I was laughing because I was thinking of the two of us sitting there with our brand new figures, trying to rip their heads off, that's all.:D

As far as the Death Star Trooper goes though, that's a different story. The DSTrooper didn't just have a chin strap molded to his head; he had a little "cap" that it was attached to.

The Rebel Fleet Trooper didn't have that. The chin strap is just molded on his face and if you take the helmet off, the straps just run up to his hairline and stop.

That's what makes me think those pictures in the archive were just a prototype and the helmet wasn't glued on.

LTBasker
03-21-2002, 08:40 AM
I wish they had done it like the Naboo Royal Guard's helmet, well heck, they've got basically the same stance, why not the same helmet features??? :D

DarthSeattle
03-21-2002, 09:12 AM
No, I can't say I was intending to be snide. I was just being honest. Like pthfnder, I was chuckled because I imagined the two us (two grown men) trying to get the helmets off, fearing decapitation.

JEDIpartner
03-21-2002, 10:01 AM
That's kind of smirk inducing... I like it! :rolleyes: :D

Jayspawn
03-21-2002, 10:15 AM
I love the Rebel Trooper. Removable helmet or not, I think he's a great figure.

DarthSeattle
03-21-2002, 11:31 AM
I think he's a great figure. A vast improvement over the original.

pthfnder89
03-21-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I wish they had done it like the Naboo Royal Guard's helmet, well heck, they've got basically the same stance, why not the same helmet features??? :D

I think he's an awesome figure too (although I kind of wish the gun was a little larger and sturdier) But I also wish they'd used a helmet like the Naboo Royal Guard. I have several of them and the helmets are really great.