PDA

View Full Version : Vader breathing at end of Episode 1

icatch9
03-20-2002, 04:39 PM
I am not sure if this is old news or not, but I watched or actually listened to the Episode 1 DVD at work the other day. It went all the way through and at the very end of the credits you hear darth vader breathing twice. It's soft, but if you turn it up you can hear it better. I don't know if this happened at the theater or on the video, but I did hear it on the DVD. I just thought since everyone thought it was cool to hear his breathing during the trailer that this too would be very cool.

Thanks.:p

Jek Porky 2002
03-20-2002, 04:51 PM
Yes, also at that point Anakin's theme changes to the Imperial March.

Rollo Tomassi
03-20-2002, 05:55 PM
As a cleaner of movie theatres I can say that it was in the theatrical release, also. You'd be suprised what shows up at the end of movies after the credits are done rolling. Anybody see Alanis as God at the end of Jay and Silent Bob?

master jedi
03-20-2002, 06:43 PM
This is 3 year old news to me.

I thought everybedy knew about Vader breathing at the end of TPM.

2-1B
03-21-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Anybody see Alanis as God at the end of Jay and Silent Bob?

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to check the DVD :)

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 12:46 AM
Also after the credits at the end of Austin Powers the Spy Who Shagged Me you hear Mustafa calling from the ravine for help from the people leaving the theatre.

LTBasker
03-21-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
This is 3 year old news to me.

I thought everybedy knew about Vader breathing at the end of TPM.

Me and my family were the ONLY ones to stay in the theatre for the breathing part. :cool: :crazed:

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 10:09 AM
Off the top of my head, Spy Kids, House on Haunted Hill, just about any Farrelly Bros comedy like Shallow Hal, Me Myself and Irene have something at the end of them. They are usually pretty stupid, but they're there. The best one is the end of Lethal Weapon 3. And I can't count the number of times theres an extra audio cue at the end of the credits, like the Vader breathing. I know there was one after Galaxy Quest, and Sixth Sense, but there are tons more. I'd say one out of every three movies has something on the end.

Jayspawn
03-21-2002, 10:59 AM
(I knew about it)

JEDIpartner
03-21-2002, 11:50 AM
Me too... I always stay until the credits are done rolling. Unless... the movie is complete crap!

Pendo
03-21-2002, 12:27 PM
I knew about the breathing because I too always stay for the end credits if the film has a good score. Whenever I go the cinema to watch a Star Wars movie, I always wait and listen to John William's great sound!

PENDO!

187-Maul
03-21-2002, 01:08 PM
I and my friends were also the only ones in the theatre who waited for the breathing part

JediTricks
03-21-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Me too... I always stay until the credits are done rolling. Unless... the movie is complete crap! Same here, I figure all those people put a lot of hard work into entertaining me, so the least I can do is read all their names. It's funny how some folks crop up over and over and you never even realize you remembered their names.

During Ep 1, I saw it plenty of times, and almost half of those viewings had the theater close the curtains and shut off the projector before the credits finished rolling. Same with most movies I see in theaters, maybe 1/3rd or more don't get to finish their credits - seems really rude of the theater-owners.

Starfig873
03-22-2002, 12:21 PM
I've always thought this was a neat little addition to the film. :) Wonder if Episode II will have the same...

Mandalorian Candidat
03-22-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Starfig873
I've always thought this was a neat little addition to the film. :) Wonder if Episode II will have the same...

Nah. At the end of EP2, we'll be treated to hearing Old Man Palpatine grunting into his colostomy bag.:eek:

Starfig873
03-22-2002, 07:55 PM
I'm amused and disgusted at the same time. Good job MC ;)

2-1B
03-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Nah. At the end of EP2, we'll be treated to hearing Old Man Palpatine grunting into his colostomy bag.:eek:

The grunting didn't come until EP3 but it was a good prediction. :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
03-02-2008, 12:53 PM
I am not sure if this is old news or not, but I watched or actually listened to the Episode 1 DVD at work the other day.

Yup old news.