PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with the uninformed

billfremore
03-20-2002, 11:19 PM
Tonight I went into a Wal-mart looking for Star Wars stuff and found the usual pegwarmers.
As I was leaving, an employee actually asked me if I was looking for anything specific.

I was shocked!

A Wal-mart employee actually showing concern about my shopping happiness?

So I figured what the hell and asked him when they were expecting new Star Wars stuff.

He smiled and replied thusly: "I'm not sure when but I know last time we got a bunch of stuff before the movie came out and I'm sure that's what happening again this time"

I bit my tongue. I thanked him politely for his help and left.

Oh, how I wanted to say to him, I know it's coming, I've known that for months, would you like me to tell you the date it would be in the stores? But I knew it would be pointless.

Maybe it's just me but I find it kinda funny when people not so informed about Star Wars try to tell me inside information.

I just love it when yesterday a woman at work said to me "Did you know there's a new Star Wars movie coming out this summer?", I replied "Really" in a slightly sarcastic tone and then proceded to point to my whiteboard over my desk which in the upper right hand corner says "56 remaining until Star Wars: Episode 2".

I appreciate that people are trying to share information that they think might interest me and I try to humour them most of the time, but sometimes it's hard for me to surpress my natural sarcasm.

"Oh there's a new Star Wars movie coming? I had no idea" :rolleyes:

This may sound elitist of me but hey, what are you gonna do? :D

Anybody else feel this way?

2-1B
03-21-2002, 12:56 AM
Here's one I have heard more than once:

"Star Wars? I used to have every one of those little figurines!", sometimes adding, "They're worth a lot of money now."

I don't discount the fact that many old figures are pricey on the aftermarket, but if someone had them as a kid and actually PLAYED with them, their condition is gonna be just that, played with :D The ones selling for huge scratch are usually the last POTF and carded figures on great condition cards.

Plus, I doubt most kids had "all" of them. No one I knew as a kid did, I'm sure some did but that must be a mistaken exaggeration by the people I've heard that from.

It's fun though, I think it's cool that coworkers, family members, and friends show a genuine interest in my passion for SW :cool:

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 01:00 AM
I agree. It is almost like the people working there think that collectors don't know all the inside info. I notice this the most when I go to buy DVD's. I worked at Suncoast Video for 4 years and it always iritates me when I go to buy a DVD somewhere and the employees don't know what I'm talking about. Hello, that is your job morons. I never liked anime (except for Transformers) and I always kept up with the new Dragonball Z info for all the customers who would come in and ask about it. Just because if you are going to work somewhere, you should know as much about your product in order to help the customers.

Yesterday I went into Circuit City to buy the HBO series OZ boxed set for DVD. It was released yesterday, so the employees in the DVD section should have known this. I couldn't find any, I assumed they sold out, and an employee saw that I was looking for something and asked if he could help. I asked him if they had any of the Oz box sets left. He looked at me for a second like "What are you talking about?" Then I had to elaborate, "The HBO series OZ boxed set that came out today." Then I guess a little lightbulb went off in his head and he said ,"Oh, yeah, I think we're out." Think! You don't know. Moron. Anyway I don't shop at Circuit City normally anyway because they have high prices, but they did have the OZ box set on sale for $39.99 which was $10 less than Best Buy and anywhere else in town. Hey, to save $10 bucks I'll go there.

I know exactly what you are talking about with the whole, "Did you know there is another movie coming out this year?" comment. Like any SW fan DOESN'T know that.

billfremore
03-21-2002, 01:07 AM
I guess my point was that it's kinda annoying when people don't have any clue how big a Star Wars fan you are and try to amaze you with their "inside" information.

Man, do I sound elitist!:D

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Here's one I have heard more than once:

"Star Wars? I used to have every one of those little figurines!", sometimes adding, "They're worth a lot of money now."

Plus, I doubt most kids had "all" of them. No one I knew as a kid did, I'm sure some did but that must be a mistaken exaggeration by the people I've heard that from.

It's fun though, I think it's cool that coworkers, family members, and friends show a genuine interest in my passion for SW :cool:

I've heard that one a million times also. Usually it is also followed by, "My mom sold all of them in a garage sale. I wish I had them still."

No one had all of them. I was pretty darn close. I think I'm missing about 10-15 the last time I checked.

I usually don't tell people at work that I like SW unless I know they are into it too. My family seems to be cool with it and my friends as well. I think that there are a lot of people out there that are "closet" SW fans and don't want people to know, so you never know who is a fan or not.

Wolfwood319
03-21-2002, 03:34 AM
I very rarely ask questions in that type of situation because usually if I don't know the answer, I know they won't know.

Every once in a great while, I'll tell somebody I collect star wars, or something, and they'll give me the 'ol "I used to get those when I was a kid," but I usually just leave it alone. I humor them for a bit until the discussion ends.

I know most people aren't serious Star Wars collectors and don't know hardly anything about them nowadays, but I don't hold it against them. Most people aren't SW fans, and I know that. I don't let it affect my view of them.

TeeEye7
03-21-2002, 03:56 AM
SithDroid is my hero!

And I mean that in all sincerity!

Imagine! Someone who cares about their job and is ACTUALLY concerned with customer service! If human cloning ever becomes legalized, my vote is to borrow some DNA from SithDroid and require the business world to use it!

Customer service hardly exists any more. I'm impressed to see such a cool attitude, SithDroid :D

There's nothing worse than going to some store where some mouth-breathing lop doesn't know the first thing about what he's paid for, or know anything about the products they carry. It's sad when you know more than they.

Lack of customer service has killed KMart. Others aren't far behind IMO. SithDroid could become an over night millionaire holding seminars and being a motivational speaker for employees for the likes of Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

SithDroid=:cool:

LTBasker
03-21-2002, 10:32 AM
I've dealt with too many of these people... and the funniest part was that I was about 13-14 while these were adults... :rolleyes:

Actually, technically back then it would've been impossible for any regular toy buyer to have had ALL the vintage figures mainly because of the Vlix, Yakface and Blue Snaggletooth situation. ;)

Not long ago someone I used to talk to alot but don't anymore (they actually stopped talking to me) was saying they had contacts at LucasFilm and could get me the first Episode II trailer (this was much before "Breathing" came out) and they kept saying they were gonna send it to me but wouldn't, and guess what it turned out to be when they finally decided they were gonna send it to me - The first E2 fan made trailer from TF.N. :stupid:

One time I even corrected this guy when I was about....I dunno, not even a teen when he was shopping with his wife or girlfriend and they were looking at SW figures, he kept saying the Boushh Leia WASN'T Leia. :crazed:

All this you have read is true, the names were not mentioned to protect the dumbfounded. :happy:

Fulit
03-21-2002, 11:08 AM
I used to have this friend that got into collecting because I did. What really annoyed me with him was, when something new was slated for release, and I would tell him about it, if it wasn't a core character, he'd be like, "Who is he?, What movie is he in?"....etc. that always bothered me because it's like if you don't know, why do you care? And if some rescuplt was coming out, like if I said to him, "theres a new Vader rescuplt out this August" and I'd send him a picture of it, he replies, "That looks gay" or some equally stupid statement. But then he'd always go out and buy it!

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey Billfremore,
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you about my experience with an acquaintance (sp?) of mine.
He was a friend of mine when I was attending community college, and we were in a rather large circle of friends. He was a Star Trek fan, and he wore his Star Trek shirts and watched all the shows on TV every week. He used to give me grief and say things like "Boba Fett is just some lame character Lucas created to make more money", or "whats the deal with Star Wars anyway?"
He acted like SW was inferior to what he liked, and always made these little comments to me.
Well in April of 99 he changed his whole outlook on it. He went with me to TRU the night the EP1 toys came out and bought just about as many as I did. I still have no idea where this all came from.
From then on he would call me and say "Hey lets go watch Star Wars again", or "lets go looking for figures." He even tried to compete with me and tell me he had the figures I didnt.
Then in April of 2000 just before the video of TPM came out, he came to my workplace (by the way I managed a video store) and had to "inform me" that TPM would be available on video April 4.
HELLO!! I am not only a SW fan and collector, but I manage a video store!! Get with the program!!
So anyway after that I didnt see him much after that. Not until about 2 weeks ago, and he immediately came up to me and said "Are you ready to do it all again?" Of course I knew what he meant. I am going to make myself scarce on 4/23 so he doesnt come looking for me to go shopping. I will be gone all that day so I dont have to deal with that.
Well thats my story.
What do you think?

stormie
03-21-2002, 02:35 PM
The scenario:
I've just plunked down $55 for a carded vintage SW figure at a toy show, or I've just purchased 4-5 of the latest wave of figures at a toy store, and some dolt, seeing that I was buying Star Wars toys, will ask me "So, are you going to see the new Star Wars movie?"

I've held my tongue many a time after that question, but I was always thinking "I hope your children (if you haven't already been sterilized) can excel and rise like a phoenix from the white-hot embers of your burning stupidity to become contributing citizens someday, and perhaps maybe even find work as telemarketers." ;) ;) ;)

El Chuxter
03-21-2002, 02:40 PM
Not SW-related, but here's a funny tale of customer service at Best Buy. . . .

Once upon a time, maybe two years ago, Best Buy actually had a pretty good selection of CDs that were difficult to find anywhere else. On one occasion, I was perusing the Frank Zappa CDs, which appear under "Z" for Zappa. To the right of "Z" are compilations.

An employee came over with a couple who had obviously asked for help finding something. (It sort of annoys me that customers can't go in and find something in freakin' alphabetical order, but that's another story.) After looking through heavy metal and disco compilations, he asked, "Um, what was it called again?"

"History. It's by America." [This was the greatest hits album by a successful 70s band, easier to find than Ketwol is now.]

"Um, it should be right here, so it looks like we don't have it."

I decided it would be worth the laugh to walk a couple of aisles over, pick up one of their approximately 4,568 copies of said CD, and hand it to the couple. The look on the employee's face, as I anticipated, was priceless.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-21-2002, 05:40 PM
Slightly on-topic, but if you want to evilly weild power, :evil: just wear a white long sleeve shirt with dark pants in a store. At the grocery store this weekend, after coming back from church, I was asked twice by different people. If I knew where the tin foil is (number one, do any stores actually sell "tin" foil anymore?, and number two, he was standing directly to the left of the display). If "you" have any rootbeer (I could tell her "we" have A&W and the generic Shasta kind). :confused: In TRU a few years back, I'm walking to the action figures aisle, and I hear this "Sir. Sir. Sir! Excuse me!" behind me. I turned around and the lady said, "Do you work here?" My favorite answer is to say "No, but how can I help you?" It always freaks people out! :eek: I directed her to the bikes section (probably the most easily-visable one in the whole store!), where she was looking for an item.

I had a SW hat on one of the last days I substituted at a high school (PE teachers get to bend the rules of dress codes, you know!), and a bunch of students asked me if I liked Star Wars, who my favorite character was, if I'd like to date Princess Leia, and if I liked that "new queen" (all actual questions!). One student asked me my opinion on why Qui-Gon didn't disappear.

The long story short (too late) is, that people are inquisitve. You can be a jerk and cuss them out or ignore them, seriously answer their questions, or make up an answer.

Suggested answers to the question:

"Why no. I just was released from prison when the movie came out in the '70s!"

"Hmm... a movie about President Reagan's strategic defense system? Sounds dull."

"Live long and nah-noo nah-noo!"

"Movie? Is that television for cattle?" (Moo-V, a la T.V.? Sigh...)

"I have terminal halitosis and probably won't be around in May."

"Que? La pelicula de querra de estrella? Si! Voy a estar en la linea una semena antes!"

"Yeah. Definately not wearing any underwear..."

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by TeeEye7
SithDroid is my hero!

And I mean that in all sincerity!

Imagine! Someone who cares about their job and is ACTUALLY concerned with customer service! If human cloning ever becomes legalized, my vote is to borrow some DNA from SithDroid and require the business world to use it!

Customer service hardly exists any more. I'm impressed to see such a cool attitude, SithDroid :D

There's nothing worse than going to some store where some mouth-breathing lop doesn't know the first thing about what he's paid for, or know anything about the products they carry. It's sad when you know more than they.

Lack of customer service has killed KMart. Others aren't far behind IMO. SithDroid could become an over night millionaire holding seminars and being a motivational speaker for employees for the likes of Target, Wal-Mart, etc.

SithDroid=:cool:

Well, it was a great job at the time. I loved working there although the pay wasn't too great. I guess that it was my love for movies that kept me there for so long. I only quit because I moved away.

The worst customer service I have gotten is from Sprint PCS. They charged me twice for my phone and wanted me to PROVE that I had already bought it. I gave them my credit card statement and my original receipt for when I bought it and they still couldn't figure it out. Plus they charged me twice for the same month of service. My bill is still messed up and I've had my phone for 9 months now. Word of advice, go with Verizon if you get a chance. The people that work at Sprint, the actual store I bought it at and the customer service people, are dumber than a box of rocks. I swear, if they would only listen to what I have to say instead of trying to figure it out with their primitive cromagnum brain then perhaps it would actually turn out right. Sprint sucks and when my service agreement is up with them I'm switching over to Verizon.

I don't know if I have what it takes to be a motivational speaker. I would like a chance to talk to these uninformed people though. The biggest problem with 75% of the people who work at these jobs is that they don't like working there and could care less about the customers just so long as they get a paycheck. Well I am fed up. It is no wonder most of these jobs are EOE since no one else decent will hire them.

Time for another Best Buy story. Before I bought my DVD player I still bought VHS tapes. Now as many of you know, if you lay the VHS tape on a magnet it will strip the picture right off the tape. Well I went to BB to buy a video and was up at the register paying for it and the stupid MORON working behind the counter left my video on the magnetic strip that deactivates the securtiy tags. It was sitting there for about a minute and I just wanted to say to the man, "Hey, do you know that by you leaving that on the magnet it will destroy the picture? And if I get home and find out something is wrong with my tape I'm going to come back here and smack you over the head with it because you are TOO IGNORANT to understand." I wish I would have said it, it would have felt good. He is lucky that nothing happened to it though. Lucky b*stard.

I've gone on too long. Tune in next week for the next installment of "Stupid employees."

billfremore
03-21-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by stormie
The scenario:
I've just plunked down $55 for a carded vintage SW figure at a toy show, or I've just purchased 4-5 of the latest wave of figures at a toy store, and some dolt, seeing that I was buying Star Wars toys, will ask me "So, are you going to see the new Star Wars movie?"

I've held my tongue many a time after that question, but I was always thinking "I hope your children (if you haven't already been sterilized) can excel and rise like a phoenix from the white-hot embers of your burning stupidity to become contributing citizens someday, and perhaps maybe even find work as telemarketers." ;) ;) ;)

See!
This is what I'm talking about.
I mean somebody asking you such a silly question deserves a similarly stupid response.

That statement ranks right up there with:

"Would you like to see a menu?"
"No I'm freakin' psychic, I don't need it"

Okay it's official, I am definately sounding like an elitist here :D

LTBasker
03-22-2002, 12:37 AM
What can you do though? I dunno what's worse, these type of stories, or the people who claim to be "collectors" and don't know the obvious facts...when they're just about on every other website and have been repeated several times. :rolleyes:

I'm about ready to make me a custom patch that says "I'm a Star Wars Geek, my midichlorian information count is higher than even Master Yoda's." :cool:

Wolfwood319
03-22-2002, 02:03 AM
I see where y'all are coming from with customer service, and it doesn tick me off when an employee knows less about there store than a customer does.

But if your buying Star Wars figures, and someone asks if your going to see the new movie, if you act like a jerk about it, you probably are a jerk. They're just asking a simple question, not everyone out there is a Star Wars guru like you. Give them a break. They're just trying to ask a simple question. Its those type of people at conventions that think they are all high and powerful that I just want to run over with my car.

You have to remember people, most other people in the world don't care about Star Wars at all.

InsaneJediGirl
03-22-2002, 08:58 AM
Orginally Posted by LTBasker
I'm about ready to make me a custom patch that says "I'm a Star Wars Geek, my midichlorian information count is higher than even Master Yoda's." :cool:

Hey LTBasker,Can you send one of those my way?:D :D

Back to topic:

I really dont mind when people ask "Are you going to see the
New Starwars Movie" because then I go into a long conversation
(normally with myself:crazed: ) about StarWars and its ideals.
For some reason they never ask me the question again...:cry:

Deoxyribonucleic
03-22-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
I know most people aren't serious Star Wars collectors and don't know hardly anything about them nowadays, but I don't hold it against them. Most people aren't SW fans, and I know that. I don't let it affect my view of them.

I agree.

I keep it a secret from most because it is something that is very dear to me and I prefer that the less people know, the better. People who aren't star wars fans have their own "special" knowledge of things they hold dear as well. And I'm sure more than once one of us star wars fans have tread on "their" ground and perturbed them about things they know that we don't! So it goes both ways it seems. It's all rather confusing anyway if you ask me. I just want to collect and be left alone about it and NOT have to explain myself and actions to others.

:crazed:

icatch9
03-22-2002, 04:24 PM
I just started a new job. In my cubical I have a ANH: SE poster up, a Anakin Pod Racer mug, and an x wing sticker on my computer. One of my co-workers asks me, so you like star wars. I just said yea and that was that, but duh. I didnít ask her, so you like kitties, when I saw her cube with a couple of anonymous cat pictures up. I guess itís just human nature to point out the obvious.

I too keep my hobby and feelings in general about Star Wars to myself. First of all, most people have a poor image of Star Wars fans. I think they have us confused with Trekies, generic sci-fi fans, and the comic book guy from The Simpsons. Never the less I share this with few people. I didnít tell my girlfriend of 2 years about my star wars fascination for quite some time. Although the giant x-wing poster in my dorm room was probably a dead give away. If people are curios I talk to them about it, but I donít go nuts on them. There is nothing worse than someone talking to you like they know everything, and I donít just mean about Star Wars.

All I can say is talk to these people that ask you questions. Maybe you will make a friend, or make a new Star Wars fan. There can never be to many of either.

Oh, I had all but 5 vintage figures when I was a kid. I saw the 4 out of the 5 (I donít live in Canada, and couldnít get Yak face) I needed at the store, but just didnít have the money to buy them (of course 5 year old kids donít have much moneyJ). So it is possible.

RooJay
04-11-2002, 09:23 PM
My favorite is when one of the "uninformed" tries to start a conversation with me by making small talk like "I saw Star Trek when it first came out..." or "I LOVE Spock! He's my favorite Star Wars character!". I've gotten that kind of thing a lot from girls trying to flirt so I usually have had no choice but to go along.:D

SithDroid
04-12-2002, 12:22 AM
You guys will all love this one. I used to work in a video store for about 4 years and a girl that worked there came up to my manager and asked, "Who is Darth Vader?" Needless to say it was hilarious for a couple of reasons. First of all if you haven't heard of Darth Vader then what rock have you been living under? And second we worked in a VIDEO STORE !!!!!!!!

Oh, boy she never lived that one down.

Jargo
04-13-2002, 11:54 AM
Dear God icatch9, you work in one of those infernal cubicles!!!!!? you have my deepest sympathy and thank god you have star wars to think about while you slave away in those soul destroying cubicle camps. you are so much better off than that empty headed worker sitting in a cubicle thinking about kittens. At least there's a spark wizzing round inside your head that means you're still alive and free thinking and creative and....... that woman with nothing to think about kittens is just gonna go mushy in the head and no wonder she states the obvious because she's lost the power to think for herself. She has nothing interesting to say so she talks about your interest - or attempts to. Envious and a little bit scared no doubt. Envious that you dare to be so bold with your poster and your sticker of exciting images and bold colors. And scared because it threatens the sanctity of her safe little world of pink and flower fairies and kittens and fluff - empty headed fluff.................

I tried to interest my mother in star wars but she looked at me as if I was growing a penis on my head and walked away. She refers to it as my "star wars thing" the hobby - not the hypothetical penis on my head........ moving swiftly on, I think the only way to deal with people who aren't star wars initiates is to smile and cont to ten while slowly walking backwards and away from them. Anybody who isn't a star wars fan is a nobody and not worthy of attention. Store assistants who don't know their arse from their elbow are common to every store and the norm apparently so just take a deep breath and explain your wants and needs to them very slowly and in words of no more than two syllables and several times over so they can manage to digest what you say one word at a time. :happy: ;)

And the way to stop being bothered by people is to blind them with ceaseless knowledge of star wars in a huge monologue of facts and figures that will so bore them to tears they'll drop the idea of ever asking again. Either that or just deny the fact

"me - a star wars fan? No - Actually I prefer The teletubbies..."

Dar' Argol
04-13-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
"me - a star wars fan? No - Actually I prefer The teletubbies..."

I knew it! The new season is being filmed near your place, isn't it JARGO:D jk

Two tales from Wally World. One SW, one not.

Non SW
I was walking up to the front of the store b/c I was on lunch and I was hungry. I was in front of the frozen food coolers and this customer comes up to me and asks,
"Where do you keep your fish sticks?"
Now how she knew I worked there is beyond me, I don't wear a vest (b/c I work in the back), and I do not look like a regular employee. But I digress. Without thinking at all I blurted out,
"In my freezer at home."
I relize what I just said and fear grips me. I am normally(whatever) a nice person. Expecially to customers, no matter how dense they are. Just about that time she starts to laugh. Whew! She then said,
"I guess I did phrase that the wrong way, where are the fish sticks. But I like your answer."
I could not believe I let that fly out like that, good thing she had a sense of humor.

SW
I was walking from the break room when I saw Bobby, one of our receivers. He says to me,
"You seen the new trailer yet?"
"Yep", was my reply.
"Did you know that alot of the guys who were in the original trilogy are coming back to do the new movie?"
"Really!?", I said sarcasticly(sp)
"Yeah, I read somewhere that Anthony Baker and Kenny Danials are in it again, but they weren't in Episode 1."
"What about Alec Ginness(sp)?", I said holding back a laugh.
"Yeah, he is. I think they said he was playing the bad guy this time."
"Ohhh . . . . ", I said as I quickly walked to my work area. When I got back there I told the guy I work with about this encounter. He knows a bit about SW and does have an intrest in it. He gives me this "three headed look" and says,
"Alec Ginness, he was Obi-Wan right?"
"Yeah", I said inbetween laughs.
"He's dead right?"
"Yeah", my laughs are getting worse.
"Jackarse" he said. And we both erupted into histerical laughter for about 5 or more minutes. I had tears running down my eyes as I was trying to tell him!

Ohhhhh:D. I'm laughing still, thinking about it:D

Deoxyribonucleic
04-14-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

Now how she knew I worked there is beyond me, I don't wear a vest (b/c I work in the back), and I do not look like a regular employee.
I know this is off the subject but I had to share our experiment...because we figured out how freaky customers know you work at a store even though you have no markings saying otherwise....
Ok OK OK....I tested this one out as an experiment. I also work in a back room of a Barnes and Noble and dress casually as the customers do...clothes wise, there is no way to tell that I work there...this is how people know: It's the WAY you walk through the store. Most employees at their work place walk through the store quickly with a destination in mind...we know where we are going because we know the layout of the store and for that reason therefore, our pace is quicker and we look like we know what we are doing...because we do. Now, this is what me and a coworker did. One day we walked as we normally do and had our normal few customers ask for help..."You work here right?" or "Where's the non-fiction section?" ...that's one of our favorite questions...or "You know, the book with blue in the cover?" Anyway the next day we walked through the store pretending to browse...walking slowly...looking around....moving our heads looking looking...NO BODY ASKED. So that's why these freaky customers know...BODY LANGUAGE.

People should try this out, it's actually really fun.

:)

RooJay
04-14-2002, 09:17 PM
I agree with the results of your experiment Deoxy. I'm a pretty no nonsense guy when it comes to shopping, and pretty observant when it comes to finding what I want even in stores I have never been in before (I almost NEVER ask for help, and am pretty good at following the SIGNS posted about the store that anyone who's ever worked in retail knows, customers NEVER seem to notice!), which, I think is why I ALWAYS get stopped by customers asking for help in stores I don't, and never have even worked in! I once went out shopping in shorts and a t-shirt, I stopped at Target, Wal-Mart, Cost-Co, and Toys 'R Us, and I got stopped by shoppers asking for assistance at each place! NO LIE! Which is very strange because, having done quite a bit of work in the retail field, I have known LOTS of customers to ask me and some of my employees, even when clearly labeled as employees by a uniform/ apron AND nametag, "Do you work here?" DUH!
I could go on and on about the retail biz, but I'd just be helping to bring this discussion more off topic!:crazed:

scruffziller
07-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Yes it is very difficult to supress your natural sarcasm when people do that. I have trained myself to let myself know that they really may not know who you are or what you do know because any of us can be put into the same situation of another subject and the roles could be reversed. But yes, it is very difficult to just want to be outrageously sarcastic and back slap 'em into your SW INSIDER!!!