PDA

View Full Version : New TOYFARE ATOC Toy Preview

xboywonder
03-21-2002, 10:24 AM
I picked up the new issue of ToyFare yesterday, with Jango on the cover.

Inside there is a spread with some ATOC toys I hadn't seen yet...
like the the clone trooper with red arms and such...
the 12" Count Dooka looks great... nice articulated fingers - like the new GI Joes.

Has anyone else picked up this issue ??

Dryanta
03-21-2002, 10:28 AM
I haven't gotten it yet.I did get the new Tomarts this morning and it too has some pretty good pics in it.They are also saying the toys will be released on the 21st.Any Idea on that?Typo or something?

JetsAndHeels
03-21-2002, 10:50 AM
Dyranta,
Someone made a typo of some sort. Hasbro said the 23rd, so that is what I am sticking to. Besides, April 21st is a Sunday, and that is a strange day to be releasing new merchandise.

Dryanta
03-21-2002, 11:23 AM
I(and everyone else)knew about the 23rd.tomarts is usually pretty accurate.I thought it was a typo but it doesn't hurt to ask.thanks:)

Jayspawn
03-21-2002, 11:24 AM
My issue arrived in the mail a few days ago. Yeah those are great pictures. The Republic Gunship looks pretty cool, some of the pictures of figures look great. Those I didn't see at Toy Fair.

JEDIpartner
03-21-2002, 12:33 PM
Has anyone got scans of the best of the these magazine pics?

SirSteve
03-21-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by xboywonder
I picked up the new issue of ToyFare yesterday, with Jango on the cover.

Inside there is a spread with some ATOC toys I hadn't seen yet...
like the the clone trooper with red arms and such...
the 12" Count Dooka looks great... nice articulated fingers - like the new GI Joes.

Has anyone else picked up this issue ??

Haven't seen before?

http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29725&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=29658&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

xboywonder
03-21-2002, 01:09 PM
Thanks, SirSteve I must have missed that one...

In the Toyfare Mag there is another figure pictured next to the clone trooper that I don't recognize... I forgot his name. has anyone else seen this ??

187-Maul
03-21-2002, 01:49 PM
could someone please send some pics from the magazine ?

Mr Sci Fi
03-22-2002, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Dyranta,
Someone made a typo of some sort. Hasbro said the 23rd, so that is what I am sticking to. Besides, April 21st is a Sunday, and that is a strange day to be releasing new merchandise.

Umm if I'm not mistaking the ep1 toy release was on a sunday night monday morning!

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2002, 08:42 AM
And that is a Monday, isnt it Mr Sci Fi?
Not Sunday.:)

evenflow
03-22-2002, 11:36 AM
Count Dooku looks great. I can't wait for that one.

SirSteve
03-22-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by 187-Maul
could someone please send some pics from the magazine ?

Legally they have to get their permission to do so.

JediCole
03-23-2002, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by xboywonder
Thanks, SirSteve I must have missed that one...

In the Toyfare Mag there is another figure pictured next to the clone trooper that I don't recognize... I forgot his name. has anyone else seen this ??

To answer your question, Toy Fare refers to the character as "Sakiyan", however when I first saw this picture, I thought for certain I knew who it was. The Star Wars Encyclopedia confirmed that this figure is indeed the Episode IV Cantina denizen Djas Puhr.

It is hard to tell from the photo (it is so tiny), but Djas is the one in the Cantina with a large, bulbous, bald head, pointed ears, and jet black skin. He wears a dark suit with a white collar. According to the Encyclopedia he is a Sakiyan bounty hunter, which helped confirm the identity of the figure. Remember, Elorrs Maddak was most commonly called "Duros" in many publications.

The great thing about this is that it suggest that Hasbro has not turned their backs on the prior four films and will finally provide us with more patrons for the Cantina. Especially given that Wal-Mart is rumored to be offering Cantina sets this year which will include a patron and a component part of the Cantina. Yes, we may finally be able to replace that terrible cardboard thing with a real plastic Cantina scene!