PDA

View Full Version : Will we learn why Boba sticks around with Jabba... ?

Darth Ovori
03-21-2002, 12:00 PM
O.K. I know that he was hired to capture Han... But his still hanging in the palace after Han was capture...

DO you think we'll see Boba and Jabba making thier first deal in EIII...

2-1B
03-21-2002, 12:15 PM
wow, deja vu ! I was looking through the old forums last night and saw a thread just like this. Someone had the answer of "retainer fees", I thought that was cool . . . :)
There's my answer too - Jabba just had too many potential bounties and Fett didn't want to miss any opportunites :D

As for Episode III, I might prefer that they leave Jabba out of the story but it's a possibility :)

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Why would the "best bounty hunter in the galaxy" be scrounging around Docking Bay 94 with all the other hired thugs in ANH SE? The "retainer" idea might work. Steady income from Jabba would get Fett to stick around, and he could also go afte the big rewards like Solo, because Jabba wanted Solo, as well. Boba seems like kind of a sad sack to me now. His papa had the mother of all contracts for his DNA and is responsible for the creation of the Empire. His kid is just a two bit hood working for a slug criminal at the assend of space. talk about not aspiring...

Darth Ovori
03-21-2002, 01:49 PM
O.K. what is "retainer fees" ... ??? Meaning how did Boba get involved with that if his supposed to work for the Empire in EIII... ???

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 02:50 PM
A "retainer" is a fee you pay someone, so that you may hire them at a future date without conflicts. Many lawyers are kept on retainer. You retain their services. it's basically paying them not to work, so when the time comes for them TO work, they are workng for you.

2-1B
03-01-2008, 02:35 PM
They are also used to preserve alignment of the teeth.