PDA

View Full Version : 3-Ring Binders

Rollo Tomassi
08-28-2001, 10:31 AM
Anyone know where I can find some Star Wars themed 3-Ring Binders to store cards in? I've looked at Wal-mart and the like but they've got pokemon and harry potter stuff nowadays. I wouldn't know where to begin looking on-line for that specific criteria. "'Star Wars 3-ring Binders"'

Bel-Cam Jos
08-28-2001, 11:28 AM
I found mine at TRU, but that was about a half a year ago. It's a "Jedi vs. Sith" one. I'd check there or maybe old bookstores. Sorry, my attempt to help has fallen short. "I can feel my mind slipping... daisy... dai.....syyyyyyyyyy..."

Rollo Tomassi
08-28-2001, 10:39 PM
TRU !! of course! I'll try there next time I'm at my parents...

Mike Troxell
08-28-2001, 10:59 PM
On a related note, do they make card sleeves that hold Widevision cards? I'd really like to keep mine nice.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-29-2001, 05:03 PM
MT, check any sports card store. They hold six cards (12 if back-to-back). I have mine stored that way. They run about 3-6 for $1, depending on the store. The card shop near me has them for $.25 each or 5 for $1.

Mike Troxell
09-02-2001, 06:32 PM
Thanks, Bel-Cam.

Rollo Tomassi
09-08-2001, 10:53 AM
Whew, I knew this forum would die without a proper "i don't even collect the cards, but..." thread, but would anyone listen? Nooooooooo...

Rollo Tomassi
09-15-2001, 04:34 PM
Yup, I know what you mean, me...completely quiet in here...

Mike Troxell
09-15-2001, 08:14 PM
Yeah. A little too quiet.

IT'S A TRAP!

Rollo Tomassi
09-16-2001, 01:01 AM
It begins!!

bigbarada
09-16-2001, 02:11 AM
What begins?

Have at thee!! Vile temptress!!!

GNT
09-16-2001, 08:54 AM
We have:

Darth Maul - Cartoon face Folder (Black background)
Queen Amidala - Chicken suit folder (Yellow background)
Jar Jar Binks (Red/ Yellow background)

folders.All are cartoons :)

Rollo Tomassi
09-16-2001, 11:20 AM
"We are the keepers of the sacred words: Ni! Peng. and Niiwaam!!"

'Wouldn't get very far in life not saying is"

bigbarada
09-16-2001, 12:06 PM
To sleep, perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub! For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come when we have shuffled this mortal coil must give us pause.
(pausing)

:::::::

(still pausing)

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2001, 05:31 PM
Three ring binders? "One ring to bind them...
One ring to find them,
And a third to, uh, grind them?"

Here's an idea; the Lord of the Three Rings-Binder trilogy.
The Fellow Said '3-Ring Binders,'
The Two-Sided Protector Sheets, and
The Return of the Damaged Merchandise.

Yeah... :rolleyes:

bigbarada
09-16-2001, 09:39 PM
You ever get your finger caught in a three ring binder? Owwwie!

stillakid
09-16-2001, 10:14 PM
You could buy some generic binders that have a "slot" in the front so that you could create your own cover. That's how they did it in the old days. My grandpappy used to tell me .....

GNT
09-17-2001, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
You ever get your finger caught in a three ring binder? Owwwie!

What about those sharp ones,They kill!

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 09:02 AM
" I once killed a man with a three ring binder. It was ought 6, I believe, and the winter that year was a killer. We had just gone out into the woods for more firewood. Old man Beeman had been telling us of a strange man roaming around the village so pa told us to bring our shotguns along. I had no shot gun so I had grabbed the nearest..."

bigbarada
09-17-2001, 02:50 PM
coat rack, but decided it was too unwieldly, so I put it down, kicked that lazy hound dog outta the way and grabbed my trusty....

stillakid
09-17-2001, 04:13 PM
...ex-wife, who just happened to drop by asking for an advance on next month's alimony. "How fortuitous!" thought I as I grabbed her by the...

Rollo Tomassi
09-17-2001, 06:00 PM
...coatrack (as she was standing right next to it!) "Fresh!" she yelled and slapped me across my...

bigbarada
09-17-2001, 07:36 PM
nipples. I said "B**** that stings!" So I put her down and yanked the three-ring binder from her arm. She screamed and said....

Bel-Cam Jos
09-17-2001, 08:07 PM
"... uh, do you think General Dodonna kept copies of the Death Star plans in a 3-ring binder? That'd be cool."
I was so shocked that she tried to make a thread SW-related that I...

stillakid
09-17-2001, 09:14 PM
...tried to immediately confuse her by yelling "Poppa Smurf, Poppa Smurf" at the top of my lungs. Needless to say she quickly...

bigbarada
09-17-2001, 10:12 PM
ran outside, crying at the top of her lungs to that punk boyfriend of hers. But I gots the three ring binder and a nice one it wuz. So, I.......

Rollo Tomassi
09-18-2001, 12:49 AM
...told everybody 'I don't even collect the cards, but...'

stillakid
09-18-2001, 10:48 AM
...I'm taking a stand against the uncontrollable proliferation of Pokemon, so I'd better get started...

JediTricks
09-18-2001, 10:51 AM
I've already warned about this stuff remaining in the MISC section. I don't want to start deleting these threads again, but I'll have to if you can't follow a simple guideline. All I'm saying is "please respect SirSteve's guideline about this".

Thread Closed.

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 03:01 AM
I'm reopening this thread on the condition that it remains on-topic with this section.

2-1B
07-17-2002, 10:22 PM
Teeheehee, I'd say 10 months is a sufficient cooling off period! :D

I'm hoping to talk 3 Ring binders, but since the cards section is flatlining I may only be talking to myself . . . no matter, I'll try anyway. :happy:

stillakid
You could buy some generic binders that have a "slot" in the front so that you could create your own cover. That's how they did it in the old days. My grandpappy used to tell me .....

That's a great idea, one I've been using lately. A friend hooked me up with a few card sets, and he put them in similar generic binders and made some nice labels for them.
But that leads me to this question:

How large a binder would you use? See, I hate regular binders because they are too clumsy in handling alot of cards . . . so D-ring binders are my binder of choice. If I had a huge generic binder it would cool with my custom labels, but it wouldn't be very efficient in handling the cards. My friend realized this too, so the binders he uses are super thin, 1 inch at the most. Each set gets its own binder, we're talking about sets of 72 or 90 cards, so the regular binder rings can handle those few sheets.

That is my current approach, and the few D-ring binders that I have will be used to store my CCG cards and some oddball stuff I have that cannot complete a set. :)

Rollo Tomasi the Eternal Padawan
TRU !! of course! I'll try there next time I'm at my parents...
Any luck at TRU? Or more precisely, has anyone seen any SW binders lately? I'm thinking that maybe there is a chance in the next month or two as school supplies go on sale . . . any idea if there will be AOTC merchandising? I know they cut down on it, but there has to be a chance of some school supplies. Jeez, the greeting card section at Wal-Mart is stocked with those gift giving bags. :rolleyes:

Anyway, while I like stillakid's suggestion and will continue to use it, I also wouldn't mind a few movie themed binders too . . . maybe I'll check eBay. :)

Eternal Padawan
07-21-2002, 12:03 PM
I ended up going down to Office Max/Office Depot and buying 1" black binders with laminate over the top and customizing each binder.

1 for ANH (Premiere, A New Hope subsets)
1 for ESB (Hoth, Dagobah, Cloud City subsets)
1 for ROJ (Jabba's palace, Endor, Death Star II subsets)
1 for TPM (Tatooine, Theed palace, Coruscant subsets)
1 for Spec Ed, Reflections, Promo Cards, etc.

So far I've only "customized" the Spec Ed one and started planning the ANH one, but then I get sidetracked and they sit on the shelf in my bedroom. I'm not a very motivated person. I started with 1 1/2" but changed my mind so the only one of those I have is filled with all my rare doubles in the microscopic event anyone wants to buy or trade old SWCCG cards with me.

2-1B
08-06-2002, 09:57 AM
Nicely done!

I'm giddy.
I just put together a new version of my AOTC binder - I snagged a movie cards "sellsheet" on eBay (8x10, unfolds into 3 sections) and used that as a binder cover! 1inch black pocket binder for a few bucks at Wal-Mart, and the sell sheet fits PERFECTLY. I really think it looks as cool as any binder Topps could have released in stores. :)

I even noticed that WM sells D-ring binders in this small size too . . . but I didn't bother paying the extra $2 since I only put about a dozen pages in there for the set and all of the chase cards.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-06-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I even noticed that WM sells D-ring binders in this small size too . . . but I didn't bother paying the extra $2 since I only put about a dozen pages in there for the set and all of the chase cards.

What are chase cards? Also, are you referring to the TCG or movie trading cards?

2-1B
08-07-2002, 05:09 AM
Movie trading cards. :)
By chase cards I mean the inserts, any cards that have "odds" of finding them.

100 cards in the basic set

chase cards:
10 silver foil cards
8 prismatic foil cards
5 panaramic fold out cards

I'll include the promo cards in my list, though I'm not sure if they are "chase" since you can't get them in packs. But for my little binder set, I have to add those 6 promo cards.

That comes to . . . 13 full pages and one partial, they should fit that non-D ring binder perfectly! :D

plasticfetish
08-13-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
[B]I ended up going down to Office Max/Office Depot and buying 1" black binders with laminate over the top and customizing each binder.[B]

OK!

I'm a huge dork.
I got all excited by this thread ... for close to 25 years my humble collection of Topps Star Wars cards has been crammed in a dusty little gift box. I read this 3-Ring Binder nonsense and suddenly became motivated/obsessed to ...

... go out and buy a 1 1/2" binder with the clear sleeve thing on the front. I scanned the Star Wars, Series 2 "Roar of the Wookie!" card and then blew it up and printed it at 8 1/2" x 11" for the front of the binder. All cards are neatly organized in pocket pages and I can now sit and stare at them for hours.

I suppose this will be my personal way to celebrate 25 years of Star Wars related OCD.

:]

Mandalorian Candidat
08-13-2002, 12:37 PM
You know, I've put all my SW TCG collection in the 9 pocket sheets but until I read this thread I've never thought of putting my classic SW and ESB in them. I think I'll run right out and get some more.

2-1B
08-17-2002, 12:07 AM
Yes, that's it! Enthusiasm for cards! I love it! :happy:

I have a lot of work to do - I COULD have just purchased a complete set of ROTJ cards, but when I had the chance to get 50 sealed packs for $30, I just had to buy them. There's something about going through those packs looking to complete a
set . . . plus I have a few stacks already, so I should be able to finish it off.
I think the title card would look great as a binder cover. :)

plasticfetish
08-17-2002, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
but when I had the chance to get 50 sealed packs for $30, I just had to buy them.

... and think of all the stale gum you get to enjoy now.
(By the way ... what a great price for those sealed packs!)

:]

2-1B
08-18-2002, 08:57 PM
I received my ROTJ packs on Saturday . . .
YUCK ! Some of that gum looked freshly out of 1983, but other pieces had hideous stains on it. :dead: Most of the gum sticks just broke into several pieces, but all of it went straight into the trash! :p

Plastic Fetish, I'm afraid that price is not quite as good as it looks. The auction description did say that "not all packs are perfect" . . . in reality MOST of the packs were not perfect, the majority of them were warped. After opening several packs, I noticed they didn't want to stack very high, too much curvature. :D Warping aside, most of them had nice corners and decent color, so it wasn't a waste by any means. I put them in pages anyway, so they straightened out quickly. I'm just glad they weren't creased, that would really stink. :(
I still think I got a good deal, just not as good as it looked. ;)
I'm a bit frustrated that after opening all of those packs,
I am short ONE card. :mad:
Couldn't even find it in my other stacks.
Oh well, I guess I'll have to look around for one in a trade. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Change of plans on this set's binder - I mentioned how the title card (blown up) would make a nice cover, but now I am going to instead use a set of the wrappers! :)
Series 1 had Wicket, Vader, Luke, and Jabba on the packs, and I saved one of each. They won't all fit in the binder cover right now, so I'll have to trim off some of the excess white border. Should look pretty cool! :cool:

Eternal Padawan
08-24-2002, 09:46 AM
Just out of curiosity...What was the one card? :)

sith_killer_99
08-24-2002, 10:06 AM
I have 4 binders of cards, I keep them at my computer desk, most are the Widevision cards. Here are the sets I currently have:

Star Wars (ANH) Widevision
Empire Strikes Back Widevision
Episode 1 Widevision
Star Wars Finest
Star Wars Galaxy III
Star Wars Evolutuion

There are still a few sets I want to pick-up...eventually.:rolleyes:

I just use plain old blue binders with the little clear plastic side holders for labeling the binders.

2-1B
08-24-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Just out of curiosity...What was the one card? :)

Hmm, I forgot the number (167?) but I know it had something to do with Ewok warriors. :D
I have to dig them out to verify, because I need to work out a trade somewhere ! :crazed: