PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair Darth Vader In Stock At Fan Club Store!

Rogue Jedi
03-21-2002, 06:35 PM
The special 25th anniversary Toy Fair Darth Vader is now in stock at the official fan club store ( swfan.wizards.com ). It is available for fan club members only.

LTBasker
03-21-2002, 08:17 PM
Piece of crap Fan Club....

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 11:11 PM
I'm a memeber and I have been trying to get throguh for the last 2 hours and my computer keeps freezing up because too amny people are on the site. Man I missed one the first time and if I miss it this time I am going to be extremly p**sed off.

cjranck
03-21-2002, 11:19 PM
Man SithDroid, I agree 100%. I think it was originally offered on a Saturday afternoon for a couple hours, and I have been trying for 2.5 hours online, and I waited 40 minutes on hold only to have a rep tell me that his computer won't let him take orders! This is a bunch of BS. On a good note, however, I found the Boshek wave and the AT-St today.

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 11:23 PM
Man if I lived a little bit closer to Des Moines, I'd drive there and get the Bo Shek wave. It's only about 2-2 1/2 hours from here, but I won't drive that far for action figures. Might as well buy them online since I'd waste it all in gas driving there anyway.

Fulit
03-21-2002, 11:30 PM
I almost got it, but I haven't been able to think of one good reason to get one. Anyone got one good reason I should buy this thing?

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 11:40 PM
He's shiny!:crazed:

SithDroid
03-22-2002, 12:55 AM
I am still unable to get through and even when I get there, it doesn't recognize my member status. This new WOTC Fan Club sucks. The Vader is now only a Fan Club Member exclusive, which it should have been originally, not after everyone else ordered them. Get your priorities straight WOTC. Now I probably won't be able to get one because I can't log on. This sucks.:frus: :mad:

hukilu
03-22-2002, 02:46 AM
Hey I just logged on with my terribly slow 56K and actually got an order confirmation! I had previously tried for hours when they were first released last time on Fri afternoon, Sat Morn and Sat Evening.

I think they need to beef up their servers to deal with hot items.

I suggest heading there now because I had no prob.

GeneralKenobi
03-22-2002, 03:45 AM
Sith Droid, I had the same problem with the website not recognizing my membership so I called that 800 number and they activated my account and it worked immediately after that.

Good Luck all!

stevenmh
03-22-2002, 07:55 AM
I spent over an hour on hold and simultaneously trying to place an online order. Finally got through on the phone and was able to order a couple. Never did get to place an online order. At one point I got all the way to the "purchase now" screen, but couldn't get it to finish placing the order. Just checked this morning, and they're out of stock again.

I'm a little ****ed that they didn't send out an email to members letting them know it was in stock. When the item was out of stock, it said to subscribe to the newsletter to be informed when more came in, and I did. And I keep the "send me emails" option checked when I order. If I hadn't happened to visit SSG last night, it would have come and gone without me even knowing that it had been in stock again. What's the point of being a member if they don't let you know about member exclusives, and then when you find out elsewhere you can't place an order because they don't have enough server capacity?

SithDroid
03-22-2002, 11:52 AM
Well, I missed out on it again because the WOTC fan club site SUCKS. It wouldn't let me log in even although I am a member. I had to e-mail them for assistance and seeing as how slow they respond to e-mail I missed out on it again. It had better be available again sometime soon or I'm going to write them one huge long old complaint letter about how cr*ppy their site is.

Darth Pug
03-22-2002, 06:20 PM
Toy Fair 2002 Darth Vader is always out of stock when I go to the site.

Turbowars
03-22-2002, 07:47 PM
This might **** some of you guys off, but I was able to buy one the frist time around with slow @SS webtv and I'm not even a member. I have a question though, are they shipping them out to everyone who bought them from the pre-sale?