PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for "Emperor's Death" Playset

Sith Lord 0498
03-21-2002, 06:56 PM
Now here's a flight of fantasy for the ultimate playset (which means Hasbro would never go for it, considering their past playsets--even Geonosis Arena looks rather blah) This would probably be around $40 because of its complexity, but bear with me. I think this would be an amazing, interactive playset.

First, the playset: It should stretch from the elevator (with an opening door and chamber to put the figures in. Include the bridge and run up the stairs to the throne and window. Next, it should be about about two feet high. This will allow the throne platform to sit up off the deck and allow you to put Vader and Luke figures underneath (i.e. "So you have a twin sister" scene). Also, there would be room to let the reactor shaft reach down a couple inches so figures could be thrown down.

Now the figures...

Luke Skywalker (Emperor's Wrath): the figure should be semi-transparent like the Vader (EW) figure, but it should have a heavier blue tint b/c the Emperor really gave it to Luke full-force (pardon the pun). Also, the idea of seeing the skull underneath the head might work for Luke...just not as visible. Maybe just make the head slightly transparent where you can just see the skull. Snap-on lightning would be really good too (i.e. Battle Droid boomer damage). And it should definitely have a pained facial expression and writhing pose (maybe GI Joe-style articulation points).

Darth Vader: Reuse the old Vader (EW) but take a cue from AOTC Obi-Wan (Coruscant Chase) and put MAGNETS IN HIS RIGHT HAND AND STUMP!!!! (Of course, that means he'd permanently have the stump this time--maybe with colored lines for the wiring)

Emperor Palpatine: Give him better removable lightning bolts for his hands. Also include more snap-on lightning for when Vader grabs him. Put metal spots inside him so that he'll connect to Vader and allow you to raise him up over Vader's head.

By using these uniquely-designed figures and previous Emperor, Vader, and Luke figures, you can re-create not only the final scene, but every scene in the Emperor's throne room. You can even stick two Royal Guards near the elevator. And if they ever release Imperial Dignitaries, re-enact that scene. Maybe they can even include a set of handcuffs (although they might not fit all sculpts).

Like I said, I know this will probably never be made, but it still seems like a great idea. Thoughts??

billfremore
03-21-2002, 07:05 PM
Hey I think it sounds like a great idea!
But as we well know Hasbro doesn't always go with great ideas.

Although I can picture the box...

- Luke and Vader figures locked in combat
- Emperor figure above looking on with lightning already shooting out of his hands
- A couple Emperor's Guard figures standing by the elevator
- A Taun-Taun in the corner
- Han and Chewie shooting at Greedo and Boba Fett
- Darth Maul hanging from some non-descript rope at the top

or am I being too sarcastic here? :D ;)

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 07:06 PM
Excellent idea! Check out the "Deathstar Hallway" thread for something similar.
I think having the magnificent playset, and trying to cram three heavily articulated figures in along with it might be too much for Hasbro, but like you said, it's a fantasy and won't be made.

It'd also take up a lot of space. but, GREAT IDEA!:D

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 10:07 PM
I love this idea. As I stated in a previous thread, I thought that it would be cool if Hasbro made a whole bunch of sets that connected together for the Death Star in ANH. Ex. The detention hallway should be longer and could attach itself to a trash compactor. The trash compactor could attach itself to hallways whihc could connect to a hangar bay, etc... This way Hasbro could release then ndivdually for those who just want them that way and the collector could connect them to make a huge recreation of the death star. Ah, this is my dream anyway.

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by SithDroid
Ah, this is my dream anyway.

And my dream, and stillakids dream.

In addition to a Death Star sectional playset, and a throne room sectional playset, how about a Lars Moisture Farm playset. With a garage section, a kitchen section, a pit section and little hut section up above with two crispy carcass figures?

stillakid
03-21-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

And my dream, and stillakids dream.

In addition to a Death Star sectional playset, and a throne room sectional playset, how about a Lars Moisture Farm playset. With a garage section, a kitchen section, a pit section and little hut section up above with two crispy carcass figures?

Thanks so much for the honorable mention! I think that my previously stated design would accomplish everything that Sith Lord is asking for plus a whole lot more!

Does the Lars Homestead come with blue milk and a food processor? That would be the dealbreaker for me. ;)

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 11:20 PM
I agree with the Lars Homestead. Heck why not a Jabba's palace too. If hasbro makes the vehicles, why can't we have the playsets?

stillakid
03-21-2002, 11:26 PM
I agree with the Lars Homestead. Heck why not a Jabba's palace too. If hasbro makes the vehicles, why can't we have the playsets?

Need you be reminded of the Theed Hangar and Theed Generator Complex, Endor Attack, Hoth Ice Battle, and the cardboard Jabba's Palace and Cantin...

On second thought, is there any other company out there who can make playsets?:rolleyes:

SithDroid
03-21-2002, 11:29 PM
My point exactly. It's not like we have gotten anything great so far. Hopefully if the Arena sells well we will see larger scale playsets made. We can hope can't we.:rolleyes:

stillakid
03-21-2002, 11:36 PM
We can hope can't we.:rolleyes:

Not if you live here...http://www.tapr.org/~OutridersKarana/kunark/swamp.html

greedo
03-27-2002, 09:59 AM
I just don't understand why Hasbro continues to put that stupid double barrel laser canon on every play set. Even the carbon freezing chamber set had a laser canon?

I don't forsee the big arena set selling IMHO. it is only platic surroundings and doesn't really look like anything. JMHO

The ships sell because they look like the ships and are complete. I think the cinema scenes looked better than the playsets..

DarthMaulSithLord
03-28-2002, 06:37 AM
Great idea! Chuck in some electronics (lights like in the movie) and it would be the best playset ever!

:D